When you are out of health points, Quick Thinking uses your residual energy pool as an additional health buffer to prevent death.
Energy lost via Quick Thinking utilizes the armor value of your warframe. The efficiency value will act as an additional damage reduction with the values listed below.
|Rank||Efficiency||Additional damage reduction||Multiplier on incoming damage|
- Works on self-inflicted damage.
- As of Update 11.1.0, Quick Thinking will keep your minimum health at exactly 2 HP and use your remaining energy to keep you alive from incoming damage. The efficiency will go up with the mod's level.
- Rage will still grant you energy taken to your health until you reach 2 hp (filling up your energy pool), at which point the mod will stop giving energy (as you are not taking health damage) and Quick Thinking will take over, using your Energy pool as a buffer against your remaining 2 hp. Once energy is depleted, you will go below 2 hp and die.
- While under the effects of Quick Thinking (2 HP and losing energy instead), strong hits against you will cause a 'Stagger' effect, briefly causing your warframe to stumble in place. Be wary, as repeated strong hits can effectively "stagger-lock" you in place until you die. Weak hits against you will not induce this effect.
- Use Flow to increase your energy buffer.
- Ancient Disruptor will instantly set energy to 0 for several seconds making this mod useless. Rage will not help in this case.
- Energy Siphon aura can help regain lost energy. Upgrade this mod for more efficiency.
- Desecrate helps recover health and energy orbs, and the mod itself works well with Nekros because of this.
- This mod also works well with Limbo due to the Rift Plane's ability to restore energy, as well as his increased energy pool.
- Prior to Update 11.1.0, it could be combined with Rage, to convert energy to health for your Warframe many times in a row with 96% efficiency.