The Zylok is a duplex-fire, cut-down variant of the Sybaris, boasting high Slash damage and status chance at the cost of critical chance and fire rate. The weapon can fire one bullet at a time by first holding down the fire button, then releasing, allowing more precision shots and ammo conservation.
This weapon was introduced during the The Pyrus Project event. To receive the weapon, players have to complete all four tasks related to the reconstruction of the Strata Relay: contributing 30 Pyrus Essence and 5 Relay Strut Components, completing 1 Simaris Daily Synthesis Task, and defeating the Grustrag Three 3 times. The weapon comes with a free weapon slot and a pre-installed Orokin Catalyst.
Since the event has concluded on all platforms with no returns, the Zylok is now potentially sold by Baro Ki'Teer in the Concourse section of the Tenno Relay for 200,000 and 500. Note that Baro Ki'Teer's stock changes with each appearance, and this weapon may not be available on a succeeding appearance.
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash and good Impact damage – effective against health and shields.
- Very high status chance.
- Good accuracy.
- Fast reload speed.
- Unique trigger type allows for two rapid shots against tough targets, or careful shot management against many weaker opponents. First shot on button press, the second on button release.
- Low Puncture damage – less effective against armor.
- Low critical chance.
- Low fire rate.
- Low magazine capacity.
- The Zylok is the first and so far only duplex-fire weapon outside of the Tigris family of shotguns.
- While technically duplex in nature, it does make it the third 2-shot burst fire pistol in the game, alongside the Akjagara and Kraken.
- The Zylok appears to have a turret magazine, as seen in the Turret gun. The experimental design was percussion-cap and had a cylinder with radial, outward facing chambers. This was quickly deemed too dangerous, since at least one chamber pointed towards the user's face, and it was possible to accidentally "chainfire" or fire all shots at once.
Last updated: Update 24.2