Release Date: February 5th, 2014
Light-footed and graceful, the beautiful and deadly Zephyr is in her element while airborne. With the power to bend air currents, she is an agile skyterror who delivers swift judgement from above. Zephyr soared to the skies in Update 12.0.
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: 275||Blueprint Price: 35000|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
Zephyr's blueprint can be purchased from the Tenno Research Lab interface in the Clan Dojo once it has been researched. It costs 35,000 to replicate (purchase) the main blueprint and 15,000 for each component blueprint for a total of 80,000.
“I am the Lotus. I will guide you, but we must hurry.”Guides are created by users like you. They aren't as strictly regulated as most pages, so keep an eye out for dated or subjective information.
Have your own build and playstyle? You can contribute too! Instructions are within.
See Category:Zephyr Guides to read user-made guides on how to play this Warframe.
- Zephyr has reduced friction against air and increased resistance to gravity.
- Zephyr jumps higher and has longer hang time than other Warframes.
- Due to a bug(?), a Zephyr playing as a client will have complete lateral air friction when not sliding, meaning that the player will completely stop moving laterally while in the air as long as a movement button is not held.
- Zephyr's name is derived from Zephyrus, one of the four most important Anemoi in Greek legend. Zephyrus holds domain over the west wind and flowers, and he also serves as a messenger for Aphrodite and Eros.
- Zephyr was confirmed to be originated as a fan-made concept in Devstream 22 by user Volkovyi. Digital Extremes did not specify who followed up the idea, but it was mentioned as being conceptualized by the community.
- As mentioned by Scott and Steve on the Update 12 highlights, Zephyr is less affected by gravity than other frames making her descents slower and being able to jump higher than other frames. This can be attributed to the Oxium used in her manufacture. This technically makes Zephyr the first Warframe to have a Passive Attribute.
- However, this characteristic is still slightly buggy.
- Zephyr is the first Warframe entirely released as a Clan lab project, which makes getting her components much easier.
- The moving pieces on her helmet may move around in the Codex, instead of being perfectly still. This is a bug or clipping issue.
- This is due to realtime physics still being active in static dioramas. Other physics-enabled elements such as syandanas are affected in other dioramas.
- Zephyr was originally named Tengu during development.
- This has now become the name of one of her helmets.
- Happy Zephyr, a tribute to the now-removed app game, Flappy Bird.
“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”The Void Relics for this item have been removed from the drop tables at this time and are no longer available.
Release Date: March 20th, 2018
Zephyr Prime is the Primed variant of Zephyr, featuring higher armor, energy capacity, and sprint speed, as well as an additional and polarities. Zephyr Prime was released alongside Tiberon Prime and Kronen Prime.
Zephyr Prime was announced on March 13th, 2018.
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprint Price: N/A|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
AcquisitionZephyr Prime's main and component blueprints are acquired from the following Void Relics.
| Meso Z1 Rare (V)|
Neo Z1 Rare (V)
Neo Z2 Rare (V)
Neo Z4 Rare (V)
| Lith H2 Common (V)|
Lith K2 Common (V)
Neo N10 Common (V)
Neo Z3 Common (V)
Axi A4 Common (V)
Axi O4 Common (V)
Axi R3 Common (V)
| Meso A2 Uncommon (V)|
Meso W1 Uncommon (V)
Neo A2 Uncommon (V)
Neo K1 Uncommon (V)
Axi L3 Uncommon (V)
Axi O3 Uncommon (V)
| Lith Z1 Rare (V)|
Lith Z2 Rare (V)
Meso Z2 Rare (V)
Meso Z3 Rare (V)
- Zephyr Prime, compared to Zephyr:
- As a Prime Warframe, Zephyr Prime possesses a special passive ability where contact with an Orokin Void Death Orb will make them release an energy pulse that grants 250 Energy to all nearby allies. This effect can only occur once per Death Orb, and can occur even if the Death Orb has been previously destroyed.
- Zephyr Prime produces more prominent effects when using Tail Wind to dash, including a visible energy trail and a swirling vortex of particles.
- Zephyr Prime is the third Prime Warframe to have a non-static model, as the feathers on her head and arms extend outwards whenever she is in mid-air, after Rhino Prime and Nova Prime.
- On December 4th, 2019, it was announced that Zephyr Prime would enter the Prime Vault and its relics retired from the drop tables on December 17th, 2019, along with Tiberon Prime and Kronen Prime. Any preexisting components or fully-built frames will remain as is.
- Prime, the Orokin enhancement to a Warframe or weapon.
Zephyr is significantly lighter in comparison to other Warframes, dramatically altering her airborne physics. Specifically, she descends slower and has improved aerodynamics which can be used to control her midair movement with greater ease and agility.
Zephyr's passive can be disabled with Anchored Glide.
From the ground, charge and release to launch Zephyr into an airborne hover. From the air, tap to dash forward, or aim down to dive bomb enemies below.
|Strength:250 / 300 / 400 / 500|
|Duration:30 m/s (air speed)|
≤ 5 / 7.5 / 10 / 12.5 m (hover height)
|Range:1.5 / 1.6 / 1.8 / 2 m (contact radius)|
4 / 5 / 6 / 7 m (explosion radius)
|Misc:? s (dash duration)|
≤ ? / ? / ? / 10 s (hover duration)
1 / 2 / 3 / 5 m/s (dive initial speed)
- Zephyr generates a powerful gust of wind for propulsion, as she soars toward the aiming reticle at a speed of 30 meters per second for ? seconds. While in flight, Zephyr rides an air current with a 1.5 / 1.6 / 1.8 / 2 meters radius, which inflicts 250 / 300 / 400 / 500 Slash damage and knockdown to all enemies it contacts.
- Air speed and dash duration are affected by Ability Duration.
- Contact damage is affected by Ability Strength.
- Contact radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Casting Tail Wind while Zephyr is airborne halves the energy cost, which is affected by Ability Efficiency.
- If cast from the ground, aiming at any direction propels Zephyr forward, while aiming straight down causes Zephyr to skyrocket upward. Holding the ability key (default ) instead prepares Zephyr for a Hover Jump technique.
- If cast while airborne, aiming at any direction propels Zephyr forward, while aiming straight down or at a slight angle toward the ground causes Zephyr to perform a Dive Bomb technique.
- Zephyr maintains a portion of the momentum generated by Tail Wind once the dash ends.
- Each Tail Wind dash resets Aim Glide, allowing Zephyr to perform this maneuver repeatedly without landing.
- Zephyr executes different aerial combat techniques with Tail Wind depending on the activation conditions:
- While Zephyr is on the ground, holding the ability key (default Impact damage and suffer a knockdown. At the apex of the jump, Zephyr suspends herself in midair and hover in place for up to ? / ? / ? / 10 seconds at full charge.
) for up to 2.5 seconds causes Zephyr to brace for launch as she generates force for liftoff. Once fully charged, Zephyr skyrockets upward to a maximum height of 5 / 7.5 / 10 / 12.5 meters; enemies within a 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 meters radius around the launch point are inflicted 250 / 300 / 400 / 500
- Jump damage is affected by Ability Strength.
- Explosion radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Hover height is affected by Ability Duration, while hover duration is not.
- Charging animation speed is affected by Natural Talent and Speed Drift.
- Due to Hover Jump requiring Zephyr to be on land, Tail Wind consumes the full energy cost.
- Releasing the ability key before a full charge results in reduced height and hover duration based on the amount of time spent charging.
- Zephyr cannot move away or perform Maneuvers while hovering, but can aim freely, fire and reload primary and secondary weapons, as well as cast abilities.
- Casting Tail Wind again, rolling (default ) or using quick melee attack (default ) will cancel hovering. Using the melee method can transition directly into a melee ground slam when aiming downward.
- Cannot charge for jump when Zephyr is airborne. Activation in midair will result in a dash or dive bomb instead.
- While charging, a charge meter appears around the aiming reticle that gradually fills clockwise.
- While Zephyr is airborne, casting Tail Wind downward causes Zephyr to nose dive into the ground at an initial speed of 1 / 2 / 3 / 5 meters per second; during the dive, Zephyr will continue to accelerate until impact. On impact, Zephyr creates an explosion in a 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 meters radius around the landing point that inflicts 250 / 300 / 400 / 500 base Impact damage amplified by height of the dive, as well as Knockdown on all enemies in range.
- Base damage is affected by Ability Strength, while initial speed is not.
- Total explosion damage depends on the height at which Tail Wind is activated:
- Total explosion damage is calculated by multiplying the base damage by 0.2 × Activation Height (e.g., activating Tail Wind at 15 meters will yield 0.2 × 15 × 500 = 1,500 damage at max rank).
- Activating Dive Bomb at a height less than 4 meters will only inflict base damage.
- Damage bypasses obstacles in the environment and does not decrease with distance.
- Explosion radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Tail Wind will only activate Heavy Impact if the required height is achieved.
- Performing a dive bomb during a Bullet Jump causes Zephyr to softly rebound away from the landing point and back into the air.
- Tail Wind will terminate early if she collides onto any surface.
- Activating Tail Wind multiple times allows Zephyr to propel herself farther into the air, effectively simulating flight. There is a slight cooldown between activation.
- Can be used to pass through Laser Barriers unharmed in most cases.
- Zephyr is vulnerable to crowd control via staggers and knockdowns while using Tail Wind.
- Casting Tail Wind interrupts reloading.
- Air current visual effects and hover jump charge meter are affected by Zephyr's chosen Warframe energy color.
- Main article: Target Fixation
- Propelling from the ground is inefficient, it's recommended to jump and dash vertically for more distance.
- Aim glide can be used to significantly increase the distance traveled, as all momentum is conserved for the duration of the aim glide.
Generate a burst of massively dense air that explodes on contact and sends enemies flying. Launch Airbursts into Tornadoes to make them grow.
|Strength:200 / 300 / 400 / 500 (contact and explosion damage)|
|Range:4 / 5 / 7 / 8 m (explosion radius)|
|Misc:3 (number of projectiles)|
? m (projectile width)
100 m (travel distance)
- Zephyr launches 3 projectiles towards her aiming reticle. Airburst projectiles travel rapidly, spanning ? meters in width. After colliding into an enemy or surface, or after traveling 100 meters, the projectiles deal 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 damage and explode in a 4 / 5 / 7 / 8 meters radius, knocking down and ragdolling all enemies in the blast.
- Tap the ability key (default ) to pull enemies toward the blast. Hold down the ability key to push enemies away from the blast.
- Number of projectiles is not affected by mods.
- Contact and explosion damage are affected by Ability Strength.
- Explosion damage does not diminish with distance.
- Explosion radius is affected by Ability Range, while projectile width and travel distance are not.
- Airburst projectiles have innate punch through and can bypass certain objects in the environment (e.g. closed doors).
- Ability Synergy: Launching Airburst into active Tornado increases their height.
- The casting cost of Airburst is halved when Zephyr is airborne.
- The explosion can damage objects and enemies through walls and other cover.
- Casting Airburst is a One-Handed Action, meaning it can be used while performing many actions without interrupting them, including reloading, charging, shooting, and moving (either sprinting or sliding).
- Subsuming Zephyr to the Helminth will offer Airburst and its augments to be used by other Warframes.
- Subsumed Airburst includes the tap-cast for wind vacuum and hold-cast for wind explosion.
Creates a wind shield around Zephyr, redirecting all incoming projectiles.
|Duration:10 / 12 / 15 / 20 s|
|Range:3 / 4 / 5 / 6 m|
- Zephyr surrounds herself in turbulent winds that alter the trajectory of incoming enemy bullets and projectiles, sustaining a protective aura with a 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 meter radius that lasts for 10 / 12 / 15 / 20 seconds.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Shield radius is affected by Ability Range.
- The shield is spherical and reliably deflects visible projectiles with noticeable flight times (e.g. from Dera, Plasma Rifle and (Pyrotechnic) Ogris), even if fired from within the shield and even if Zephyr is not the target. As these types of projectiles are deflected, their damage (disregarding area damage) is effectively negated.
- Hitscan bullets (from weapons' shots with no flight time) are completely avoided.
- Turbulence protects Zephyr from incoming projectiles but does not make Zephyr immune to all forms of damage or crowd control. While Turbulence is active, Zephyr is vulnerable to:
- Casting speed is affected by Natural Talent and Speed Drift.
- Cannot be recast while active.
- Wind visual effects are affected by Zephyr's chosen Warframe energy color.
- Main article: Jet Stream
|Rank||Movement Speed||Projectile Speed||Cost|
- Turbulence with above average Ability Range is very effective to shield mission objectives like Defense cryopods or Mobile Defense consoles.
- Lowering Ability Range will make it more likely to get hit by area damage from diverted projectiles while moving.
- Turbulence will not be deactivated upon riding K-Drive, adding invulnerability against firearms during the ride.
Create deadly tornadoes that seek out and engulf enemies. Tornadoes deal the elemental damage type they absorb the most. Shoot enemies engulfed in Tornadoes to do additional damage.
|Strength:50 / 75 / 100 / 120 (damage)|
|Duration:10 / 12 / 15 / 20 s|
|Range:15 / 17 / 20 / 25 m (spawn radius)|
|Misc:4 (number of tornadoes)|
? m (cast range)
6 / 9 m (tornado heights)
2 / 5 m/s (move speeds)
5 m (pull radius)
100% (absorbed damage distribution)
- Zephyr forms a maximum of 2 / 2 / 3 / 4 tornadoes at the location on the aiming reticle over unrestricted range; tornadoes will prioritize forming on top of enemies within a spawning area of 15 / 17 / 20 / 25 meters around the location and around Zephyr. Once created, tornadoes wander the battlefield, being drawn to enemy presence until they expire in 10 / 12 / 15 / 20 seconds.
- Ability Synergy: Airburst projectiles that travel through tornadoes will increase the affected tornadoes' height to 9 meters.
- Zephyr and her allies can attack each tornado to distribute 100% total damage (including Critical Hits) and Status Effects from weapons and abilities to all enemies trapped within a tornado.
- Critical damage dealt to enemies over a Tornado is multiplied by 200%. This multiplier is not affected by mods and applied after any weapon mods.
- Tornado's visual effects are modified by each elemental damage type.
- Magnetic damage type and default physical damage tornado share the same visual effects.
- Can be recast while active to replace old tornadoes.
- Tornadoes exhibit numerous unique properties and mechanics as summoned allied AI units.
- Each tornado is invulnerable to damage, intangible, weightless, 6 meters tall and moves at a speed of 2 meters per second. Enemies within a radius of 5 meters from a tornado are pulled along its path, becoming disabled from moving or attacking, while hovering in a ragdoll state and orbiting the whirlwind. Each tornado inflicts 50 / 75 / 100 / 120 damage per tick to all enemies within its grasp; damage ticks occur at a rate of 4 per second.
- Damage per tick is affected by Ability Strength.
- Tornado height, move speeds, and pull radius are not affected by mods.
- Tornadoes phase through all entities, walls and objects in the environment.
- Tornadoes float and do not require a surface to travel between locations; however, if hovering in midair, tornadoes will descend toward the ground to follow AI pathing to reach enemies.
- Zephyr can direct the nearest tornado from her aiming reticle toward a location by holding down the zoom key (default
), causing the affected tornado to move at a speed of 5 meters per second toward its new destination while the key is held.
- If a tornado is directed by Zephyr to move away, the increased move speed can cause captured enemies to eject away from the tornado's pull.
- Affected enemies spiral near the base or middle of a tornado in a skydiving posture, trapped by the funnel until it expires, the enemies die, or external forces or other nearby tornadoes cause them to eject away from the tornado's pull.
- Corpses of slain enemies are also pulled by tornadoes.
- If a source of damage contains Elemental Damage types, tornadoes can adapt their damage per tick's physical damage types ( Impact, Puncture, and Slash) into one of the following elemental damage types: Cold, Electricity, Heat, Toxin; Blast, Corrosive, Gas, Magnetic, Radiation, and Viral.
- Each tornado's damage type can be modified by many damage sources, including ranged weapons, melee weapons, and abilities, even damage from Bullet Jump from Tenno, as well as damage from enemy units. (e.g., striking a tornado with an unmodified Dark Sword will change it to Radiation, or a Volatile Runner that explodes near a tornado will change it to Blast.)
- Each tornado keeps track of the total damage it absorbed; a tornado will only account for the highest elemental damage number on a weapon or ability when determining which elemental type it will adapt to, as well as the total amount of damage it absorbed.
- As such, shooting a tornado multiple times using a different weapon with a different highest elemental damage number, causes the tornado to change its damage type when the stored total damage from one source is exceeded by another.
- For example, hitting a tornado with a primary weapon that deals 500 Corrosive and 450 Blast damage stores 500 total damage and changes the tornado's damage type to Corrosive. Hitting the same tornado with a secondary weapon that deals 250 Radiation damage three times stores 750 total damage, exceeding the previous amount and changes the tornado's damage type to Radiation.
- Once a tornado adapts to an elemental damage type, it cannot revert to its three physical damage types by absorbing damage.
- If the damage source deals multiple elemental damage types, then a tornado will be charged with the damage type with the highest damage number.
- If the damage source has equal damage numbers between all its elemental damage types, then priority will be given by alphabetical order of the damage types' names.
- A tornado will not deal combined elemental damage by absorbing two base elemental damage types (e.g., a tornado will not inflict Blast damage by shooting it with Cold damage and Heat damage from different sources).
- Main article: Funnel Clouds
- Due to high proc rate, Tornado can be used to apply status effects to masses of enemies.
- Viral can be used to increase damage done to mobs by 100% to 325% regardless of level.
- Each of 4 spawned tornadoes can have different elements.
- Tornadoes will fling enemies trapped within them in random directions after a period of suspending them midair if there is nothing impeding upward thrust (i.e., ceiling). Otherwise, they will stay in the tornado for the full duration.
|Strength Mods||Duration Mods||Range Mods|
|Ash ( Prime) • Atlas ( Prime) • Banshee ( Prime) • Baruuk • Chroma ( Prime) • Ember ( Prime) • Equinox ( Prime) • Excalibur ( Prime) ( Umbra, Umbra Prime) • Frost ( Prime) • Gara • Garuda • Gauss • Grendel • Harrow • Hildryn • Hydroid ( Prime) • Inaros ( Prime) • Ivara ( Prime) • Khora • Limbo ( Prime) • Loki ( Prime) • Mag ( Prime) • Mesa ( Prime) • Mirage ( Prime) • Nekros ( Prime) • Nezha • Nidus • Nova ( Prime) • Nyx ( Prime) • Oberon ( Prime) • Octavia • Protea • Revenant • Rhino ( Prime) • Saryn ( Prime) • Titania ( Prime) • Trinity ( Prime) • Valkyr ( Prime) • Vauban ( Prime) • Volt ( Prime) • Wisp • Wukong ( Prime) • Xaku • Zephyr ( Prime)|
|Wraithe • Alchemist Warframe|
|Attributes • Augments • Compare All • Cosmetics • Helminth|