The Zenistar is a flaming war axe obtained through the Daily Tribute system. Its secondary attack ejects a disc that deals damage over time for a duration based on the current Combo Multiplier.
This weapon cannot be sold.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Innate damage – effective against Cloned Flesh, Infested, and Infested Flesh.
- High damage – effective against shields.
- Second highest status chance of all heavy blades, behind .
- Heavy Attack releases a floating disc that deals on contact and then releases a explosion. The disc stays in place and radiates a damaging aura with a base duration of 10 seconds and scales with Combo Multiplier.
- Stance slot has a polarity, matches .
- Innate polarity.
- Innate damage – less effective against Proto Shields.
- No – less effective against armor.
- Low critical chance.
- Tied with for the second slowest attack speed of all heavy blades, after .
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Zenistar is exclusive to the Daily Tribute system. It will become available every 200 days, beginning at day 100, until chosen as the Milestone reward. It comes with a free weapon slot and pre-installed Orokin Catalyst.
Additional blueprints can be bought from Cephalon Simaris for 100,000.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:100,000|
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- Performing a heavy attack with the Zenistar equipped launches the disc a distance of 9 meters in the direction of the reticle. Whilst the disc is a projectile, it will deal 75 damage on contact and 350 damage when it explodes. Once it lands, it projects an aura with a 4 meter radius, dealing 50 damage with 50% status chance every 0.8 seconds.
- The disc has a base duration of 10 seconds, which scales with the player's Combo Multiplier.
- The disc can be retrieved prematurely by performing another heavy attack, or getting far enough away from where it is planted (around 100 meters away).
- Launching or retrieving the disc will alert nearby enemies, though the radius is very small (around 10 meters).
- When launching the disc into water, the disc will not bounce and stops immediately.
- Regardless of the rotational position of the disc, the flames will always be horizontal.
- Elemental mods will affect the disc's damage as normal, creating combination elements such as or . damage is added last unless a Heat mod is added.
- Mods/abilities/etc. that will work with the disc:
- The disc's radius is affected by (Primed) and Riven Mod Range Stats.
- Status chance of the aura is affected by status mods.
- The attack speed of the disc's aura is affected by bonuses such as (Primed) , , and Speed.
- The disc will apply the damage multiplier from Stealth Attacks.
- Kills done by the disc will add time to Valkyr's augment.
- Damage buffs such as 's will only affect the disc's damage for as long as the buff is active.
- As with almost all projectiles, the disc will be attracted to 's if the disc makes contact with the bubble at any time after it has been launched. The disc will then proceed to circle around the inside of the bubble's circumference until either Magnetize expires or the disc expires (whichever comes first), affecting enemies radially as the disc moves. It is currently unknown whether this is by design or an unintentional bug, and may only be seen visually by the casting Mag user.
- The disc's aura effect will damage Nullifier Crewman bubbles.
- 's fully works with the disc, though due to it bouncing off objects it may be difficult to control in some areas.
- Mirage's Hall of Mirrors holograms will throw up to 4 additional discs that will expire should the ability end before the main disk expires.
- and the Gladiator mod set buff will affect the disk's aura.
- does affect the damage of the disk's aura and it does increase the damage on contact and explosion of the disk.
- Mods/abilities/etc. that will not work with the disc:
- does not affect the disc's damage output.
- will only heal the player while the heavy attack animation is playing when retrieving the disk.
- Recurring damage via the disc's aura is unable to proc .
- The disc will not count hits towards the combo meter and the disc's damage does not benefit from combo damage multiplier.
- The disc will not add time to allies affected by Valkyr's augment, however the blade itself will.
- The initial 9 meter launch distance will not be affected by .
- bonus melee damage does not affect Zenistar's disc.
- will not be triggered by enemies being hit with the disk's aura, however it will be triggered if an enemy is hit by the disk itself.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Zenistar's name likely stems from zenith, whereas its design is inspired by a sundial.
- The Zenistar is the first weapon in Warframe that changes its damage distribution: in this case heat is replaced by physical damage of the same amount when the disc is discharged from the weapon. This allows the weapon to be made for pure elemental builds (with the disc on) or have the ability to deal physical damage (like heavy slash procs) with the disc ejected.
- The console version of the Zenistar had different stats upon release, being identical to those of the 's (with innate damage instead of physical damage), but couldn't launch its disc, similar to how the couldn't launch its magazine when it was released on consoles.
- Despite being a heavy blade, the Zenistar is held like a hammer by the Warframe.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes the disc stays inside the Zenistar even when the disc has launched. This is only a visual bug and does not affect the weapon in any case.
- Enemies who are dealt bonus stealth damage when in or may continue to receive this bonus damage even when leaving the ability. This is especially true when it is built for blast damage, for whatever reason.
- Sometimes attempting to throw the disc will result in the disc not being ejected from the handle. Swapping to a different weapon and then swapping back might fix the issue.
- When the Dominion Blade Skin is equipped on the Zenistar, the blade will appear to be extremely large. While this was unintentional, the developers have stated that they like it, so it is unlikely to change.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|