Zealot Proselytizers are followers of Arlo, the so-called 'Emissary of Eris', who have exposed themselves to the infestation in order to prove their devotion to his cause. Introduced in the third episode of Nightwave: Series 2 – The Emissary. They are the infested form of Arlo's Devotees.
During Nightwave: Series 2 – The Emissary, the Proselytizer, along with a Zealot Herald, have a chance to spawn in any non-Arena/Quest mission and can spawn multiple times in a single mission. Unlike Assassins they can spawn in Syndicate missions, Assassination missions, and Free Roam missions, and are not time-gated.
They will be marked with an extermination mark icon when in the vicinity. Despite being of the Infested faction, they are considered friendly to all normal units in the mission, including Corpus, Grineer, and Corrupted. With the exception of Invasion missions, Zealots will attack the faction Tenno is currently allied with.
When attacked, it grows toxic explosive pustules, which are then released in an area of effect burst of damage.
- Once it loses all its health, it will be downed, but it can be revived by the Zealot Herald. After both Zealots are defeated, they will disappear and award 50 Nightwave standing.
- It is possible for groups of zealots to spawn more than once in the same mission.
- From fourth episode onwards, Zealots will spawn as a team consisting of a Herald, a Proselytizer, and a Zealot Baptizer, and award 200 upon defeat.
- All of the Zealots must be killed within a short amount of time, otherwise they will be continuously revived by the Baptizer's swarm.
- A zealot is someone who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
- A proselytizer is someone who attempts to convert other people to their own beliefs, usually a religion.