The Zealoid Prelate is an Infested Boss only encountered in Emissary Derelict Assassinate missions during the 5th episode of Nightwave Series 2. It wields the Pathocyst Infested Glaive and, upon death, it drops one of the Pathocyst components.
How To AccessEdit
From Update 26.0 onwards, players will need to craft the Orokin Derelict Emissary Assassination key to access the boss fight. The reusable blueprint for the key is purchasable from the Market for 2,500.
|Time: 1 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: 2,500|
During Nightwave Series 2, players must have one Zealot Derelict Code before accessing the assassination node. These can be obtained by completing three Infested Outbreak missions on a single planet where an outbreak is present. By doing this, players will receive one Zealot Emissary Code in their Inbox.
Aside from the Pathocyst melee weapon, the Prelate has access to multiple abilities. A leaping ground slam allows it to quickly close the distance, while a long-range teleport lets it disengage just as quickly. Further, it may use a fire pulse akin to a Heat-based Virulence. An explosive Maggot acts as a delayed-detonation grenade.
In the introductory phase, there are no special mechanics. The Tenno must reduce its health by half to trigger the main phase.
After the Prelate's health is reduced to half, it will render itself and every Infested invulnerable, before teleporting further away while regaining all its health.
After catching up to the Prelate, a red extermination waypoint will point to a nearby Zealoid Bastion, which are the only units not invulnerable. Once the Bastion is killed, they will drop a lamp containing Arlo's Light marked by a blue waypoint, which strips said invulnerability within its radius. The lamp may be picked up, making the effect mobile at the cost of primary weapon use. The radius of lamplight diminishes with time but can be increased again by killing Infested within it. Should the radius becomes too low for a certain period of time, the lamp will break and another Bastion will be spawned.
When the Prelate has sustained enough damage (around 1/6th of its full health bar), it will force the lamp to break, blinding and knocking down any Tenno close to it, and link to surrounding Infested, rendering them vulnerable and are marked with a red extermination waypoint. After linking for a short amount of time, it will consume them and heal itself, but every enemy killed within this window will slightly damage the Prelate.
This cycle repeats until the Prelate is killed.
- Phase 1: Damage the Zealoid Prelate until half health.
- Phase 2:
- Seek out Zealoid Bastion and kill it, take its light and bring it back to the Prelate to remove its invulnerability.
- Damage Prelate until it regains invulnerability, destroys the light, and links to all Infested in the room. Kill all linked Infested.
- Repeat until Prelate dies.
- The red extermination waypoints marking the Zealoid Bastion and linked Infested will disappear when the enemies comes within a Tenno's direct line of sight.
- The Zealoid Prelate is not affected by farming abilities like Nekros' Desecrate or Hydroid's Pilfering Swarm.
- When the Zealoid Prelate takes enough damage and becomes invulnerable, it is recommended to drop the lamp and leave its light radius to avoid getting blinded and knocked down.
- Zealoid seems to be a combination of the term zealot and -oid, a suffix meaning "resembling" or "having the likeness".
- This probably refers to the fact that Zealoid is a new kind of being with a resemblance to Zealot.
- A prelate is a clergyman of high rank and authority; normally a bishop.
- The Zealoid Prelate and Zealoid Bastion share the same model.
- This is the first boss to feature a permanent health bar on the player's HUD.
|Walker||Charger • Leaper • Maggot • Runner • Volatile Runner|
|Crawler||Crawler • Electric Crawler • Lobber Crawler • Nauseous Crawler • Toxic Crawler|
|Machine||Mutalist Osprey • Swarm Mutalist MOA • Tar Mutalist MOA • Power Carrier • Venin Mutalist|
|Ancient||Ancient Disruptor • Ancient Healer • Boiler • Brood Mother • Toxic Ancient|
|Archwing||Attack Mutalist • Mutalist Lightning Carrier • Mutalist Toxic Carrier|
|Others||Infested Tumor • Leaping Thrasher • Undying Flyer • Zealoid Bastion • Zealot Baptizer • Zealot Herald • Zealot Proselytizer|
|Jordas Golem • Juggernaut (Behemoth) • Lephantis • Mutalist Alad V • Phorid • Zealoid Prelate|