|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:30,000|
This weapon deals primarily Blast damage.
- Cannon Mode:
- Innate Blast damage – effective against Fossilized and Machinery.
- Launches cannonballs that explode in a 4 meter radius on impact with a surface or enemy, then splits into 6 smaller bomblets that rain down on the point of impact.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Heavy Caliber's accuracy penalty is minimal on this weapon.
- Barrage Mode:
- Good critical chance.
- High critical multiplier and status chance.
- Large ammo reserves.
- Reloads one cannonball at a time, which can be interrupted at any point, allowing for planned reloading.
- Reload time of 0.5 seconds for each cannonball, plus 0.75 seconds to begin/end reload.
- Innate polarity.
- Can use the launcher-exclusive Adhesive Blast mod.
- Can benefit from Firestorm, Amalgam Furax Body Count, and Cautious Shot.
- Cannon Mode:
- Innate Blast damage – less effective against Ferrite Armor and Infested Sinew.
- Explosion and bomblets inflicts self-stagger.
- Explosion and bomblets have linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from central impact.
- Projectile has travel time with arcing.
- Low overall status chance.
- Maximum range of 10 meters (affected by Projectile Speed mods).
- Very small magazine size.
- Draws ammo from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Reload time is 0.75s + 0.5s per round, coming to 2.25 total seconds to reload a completely empty mag.
- Each shot is loaded manually into the gun. Reload shows time required to fully load the gun, and is accordingly increased by mods like Magazine Warp. Reloading can be interrupted by firing the gun, being staggered or rolling, provided at least one shot is loaded.
- The Zarr can switch between two different firing modes using its Alternate Fire (default ) button. These modes are officially named Cannon mode and Barrage mode;
- Cannon mode fires an explosive projectile in an arc that explodes on impact, dealing 175 Blast damage within a 4 meter radius, then splitting into 6 smaller projectiles that spread from point of impact and home in on targets, each dealing 50 Blast damage within a small radius.
- Barrage mode works in a shotgun-like pattern, shooting ten pellets in a wide spread, dealing physical damage, shoots faster than primary mode and has innate Punch Through of 1.6 meters. Pellets cover a maximum range of 10 meters (distance is affected by Projectile Speed).
- Multishot mods will increase the amount of bombs for Cannon shots, but each main projectile will always produce 6 cluster bombs. Multishot also increases the pellets of Barrage mode.
- The Zarr's current firing mode is indicated by orange text next to the Zarr's current Rank. Additionally, switching to Cannon mode is indicated by two short clicks, while switching to Barrage mode is indicated by three short clicks.
- The Zarr is unique in the fact that it can quickly switch to a close range function that has no chance of staggering the player, allowing it to be used in tight spaces safely.
- While the Zarr has an average critical chance, its above average critical damage and bomblet behavior makes a crit build viable.
- The Zarr's individual reload mechanic is useful when reloading before the magazine is emptied as the reload will be shorter than the listed value. This is beneficial for situations where players need to fire a shot immediately, but cannot wait for the full reload to complete.
- Additional Punch Through will affect Cannon mode shots and the bomblets, allowing the primary shot to reach the center of a group of enemies before exploding rather than exploding on the first enemy and launching the cluster bombs back towards the shooter. This comes at the cost of not being able to hit flying enemies directly and the risk of shots passing through terrain, such as catwalks, and missing the intended target.
- The word "Zarr" could be a play on the Slavic word "Tsar", a word used as a title for supreme rulers of eastern and south-eastern European countries.
- The Zarr is visually and somewhat functionally reminiscent of a swivel cannon.
- Upon release, the Codex entry misspelled "cannon" as "canon".
- When stuck to surfaces with Adhesive Blast, it has a unique sound effect signaling to the player that they are stuck.
- Adhesive Blast will cause the bombs to gain a 3 second timer before exploding. It does not change anything on the secondary fire
- The Zarr shares the same reload mechanic with the Strun, with the only difference that the latter shows the reload time of a single projectile.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.