The Xiphos is a Landing Craft, which can serve as an alternative transportation choice to the Liset. If the Xiphos is the selected Landing Craft, using an Air Support Charge will have Ordis deploy a sentry gun. The Xiphos landed in Update 18.5.
Building the Xiphos requires the Landing Craft Foundry Segment.
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: 150||Blueprint Price: 35,000|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
Xiphos Fuselage Blueprint Dropchance and Location:
- Mercury/Terminus (Sabotage 3 Caches) 0.50%
- Venus/Ishtar (Sabotage 3 Caches) 0.50%
- Mars/Gradivus (Sabotage 3 Caches) 0.50%
Xiphos Engines Blueprint Dropchance and Location:
- Jupiter/Adrastea (Sabotage 3 Caches) 0.50%
- Jupiter/Carpo (Exterminate 3 Caches) 0.50%
- Saturn/Calypso (Sabotage 3 Caches) 0.50%
- Ceres/Ker (Sabotage 3 Caches) 0.50%
- Ceres/Thon (Sabotage 3 Caches) 0.50%
- Lua/Plato (Exterminate 3 Caches) 1.29%
Xiphos Avionics Blueprint Dropchance and Location:
- Kuva Fortress/Dakata (Exterminate 3 Caches) 0.50%
- Pluto/Cypress (Sabotage 3 Caches) 0.50%
- Sedna/Kelpie (Sabotage 3 Caches) 0.50%
- Void/Marduk (Sabotage 3 Caches) 1.01%
- Void/Stribog (Sabotage 3 Caches) 0.50%
Xiphos Skins can be applied through the Customize Hull option. These skins do not consume decoration capacity.
- Multiple sentry guns can be deployed in a single mission, limited only by the 10-minute cooldown time between uses.
- The sentry gun has its own shields and health, and will spawn at a set level (Level 30).
- Health does not recharge on its own, but shields will recharge.
- Health can be recharged by allies with Rejuvenation although even at level 30, the turret does not possess very much health.
- Shield Osprey Specters can give the turret bonus shield as well as increased shield recharge, although the osprey will not stick to the turret, ordering the osprey to stay nearby is the only way to make it stick. This adds secondary fire as well, from the osprey.
- Keep in mind that enemies will target the Shield Osprey specter as it has a higher threat level, and AoE attacks and grenades will most likely damage the sentry gun as enemies focus their fire on the Osprey. Placing the turret in full view of enemies but having the osprey hidden behind a wall is usually the best tactical choice.
- The sentry gun fires puncture-based blue energy pulses at a high fire rate at enemies. These projectiles spread out considerably at range and take time to reach their target.
- The sentry guns projectiles also have a knockdown effect.
- The sentry cannot be replaced, moved, or disabled besides being destroyed.
- Sentry gun has a low or normal threat level, as such enemies will prefer to target objectives or things with a high threat level unless the sentry gun is nearest to them.
- A Xiphos is a double-edged, one-handed shortsword used by the ancient Greeks. This follows the Scimitar's name also being derived from a type of sword.
- The turret is Corpus technology, indicated by the Corpus text and manufacturing logo on the front plate of the turret. This implies that the Tenno either steal and re-purpose or outright purchase these turrets from the Corpus themselves.
- Alternatively, it could just be a placeholder model.
|Liset • Mantis • Scimitar • Xiphos|