FANDOM


Edit Tab

Neither he nor she, Xaku is a composite... a Warframe assembly made of others lost in the early Entrati Void expeditions. Xaku has mastered this power of the Void to terrify and bewilder their adversaries.

Forged from the remnants of lost Warframes, they channel the spirits of the Void. This is Xaku, the fragmented, the restored.

In the concert of mayhem, Xaku is a law unto themselves, Tenno.

Release Date: August 25th, 2020

Of the Void ethereal, yet coalesced into corporeal shape, the fractured anomaly Xaku exists as an entity thrice entwined. Fused from the shattered remnants of three warriors, they bridge reality to the horrors from beyond the fold. Xaku was reassembled in Update 29.0.

Manufacturing Requirements
Credits64
25,000
Helmet
1
Chassis
1
Systems
1
OrokinCell64
3
Time: 72 hrs
Rush: Platinum64 50
Market Price: Platinum64 325 Blueprint Price: N/A
Neuroptics
Credits64
15,000
NeuralSensor64
10
ThaumicDistillate64
60
SharracTeeth64
20
EsherDevar64
40
Time: 12 hrs
Rush: Platinum64 25
Chassis
Credits64
15,000
GyromagSystems64
5
SpinalCoreSection64
3
VenerdoAlloy64
50
LucentTeroglobe64
50
Time: 12 hrs
Rush: Platinum64 25
Systems
Credits64
15,000
BreathOfTheEidolon64
10
Scintillant64
5
Pustulite64
45
Ganglion64
60
Time: 12 hrs
Rush: Platinum64 25

Acquisition

Xaku's main blueprint will be awarded upon completion of the Heart of Deimos quest. Xaku's component blueprints are acquired from Cambion Drift Bounties.

Additional main blueprints can be bought from Cephalon Simaris for ReputationLargeBlack50,000.

Additionally requires the rank of Old Mate with Solaris United in order to acquire Gyromag Systems and Venerdo Alloy required in its construction.

Drop Chance Expected Nearly Guaranteed
Chassis Blueprint
(Stage 2 & 3, lvl 40-60)
8.57% 3 – 4 Bounties 21 ± 7 Bounties
Chassis Blueprint
(Stage 4, lvl 40-60)
6.67%
Chassis Blueprint
(Stage 5, lvl 40-60)
13.04%
Neuroptics Blueprint
(Stage 2, lvl 15-25)
7.5% 5 – 6 Bounties 36 ± 12 Bounties
Neuroptics Blueprint
(Stage 3, lvl 15-25)
10%
Systems Blueprint
(Stage 2 & 3, lvl 30-40)
7.5% 4 – 5 Bounties 26 ± 9 Bounties
Systems Blueprint
(Stage 4, lvl 30-40)
6%
Systems Blueprint
(Stage 5, lvl 30-40)
10%

Expected refers to total number of attempts a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.

Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.

For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.

Drop Chance Expected Nearly Guaranteed
Neuroptics Blueprint
(Stage 2, lvl 15-25)
7.5% 5 – 6 Bounties 36 ± 12 Bounties
Neuroptics Blueprint
(Stage 3, lvl 15-25)
10%
Systems Blueprint
(Stage 2 & 3, lvl 30-40)
7.5% 4 – 5 Bounties 26 ± 9 Bounties
Systems Blueprint
(Stage 4, lvl 30-40)
6%
Systems Blueprint
(Stage 5, lvl 30-40)
10%

Expected refers to total number of attempts a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.

Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.

For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.

Drop Chance Expected Nearly Guaranteed
Neuroptics Blueprint
(Stage 2, lvl 15-25)
7.5% 5 – 6 Bounties 36 ± 12 Bounties
Neuroptics Blueprint
(Stage 3, lvl 15-25)
10%

Expected refers to total number of attempts a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.

Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.

For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.

Notes

  • When Xaku wields their signature Quassus Quassus, the weapon's ethereal daggers become more accurate.
  • Xaku's VoidTearIcon b Void damage is only capable of procing its Bullet Attractor status and resetting Sentient and Shadow Stalker resistances, and only Xata'sWhisper130xDark Xata's Whisper and TheLost130xDark The Lost's Deny can do this. Their VoidTearIcon b Void damage lacks all other benefits, including bypassing Eidolon-type Sentient invulnerabilities and changing Profit-Taker Orb's shield weakness.

Trivia

  • Xaku is the 44th unique Warframe to be released.
  • Xaku is the second community-designed Warframe after NovaIcon272 Nova. Xaku's theme selected from the chosen entries is "Broken Warframe", suggested by forum community member eaterofstorms.
    • Xaku's abilities were selected from multiple suggestions by hundreds of community members in the Open Call forum threads, with a Void-manipulation power theme chosen by the developers.
    • Community artists involved with the design of Xaku and their accessories include: Eornheit (Warframe concept art), Faven (alternate helmet), Kedemel (signature weapon), and Karu (signature Syandana).
    • As a community-designed Warframe, Xaku continued to receive community feedback and suggestions on their gameplay improvements, prompting reiteration rounds on their abilities shortly after initial release, which include changes to the VoidTearIcon b Void damage type and status effect.
  • Because Xaku is an amalgamation of three different Warframes, Xaku is the first Warframe to not have a distinct sex, being addressed by DE as "they/them".[1]
    • Despite this, concept art for Xaku shows that they were originally designed as a distinctly female Warframe. Some elements of this early design were incorporated into the final version.[2]
  • Xaku's idle, dodge, and ability animations involve the fragmentation of their body parts and exposure of the Aboroflora skeletal structure beneath.
    • Xaku is the sixth Warframe with unique rolling animations, after LimboIcon272 Limbo, HildrynIcon272 Hildryn, WispIcon272 Wisp, TitaniaPrimeMain Titania Prime, and ProteaIcon272 Protea, where Xaku launches themselves forward a short distance while their broken pieces come apart and reattach onto their energized skeletal form.
    • Xaku becomes fully skeletal in appearance while TheVastUntime130xDark The Vast Untime is activated.
  • Xaku's ability names relate to four Requiem Mods: Xata, Lohk, Fass and Ris.
    • The Lost's name refers to part from Fass' description ("Roiling, moaning this realm of ours / In madness lost shall die") and the name of its sub-abilities - Gaze, Accuse, and Deny - are taken from Ris' description ("In luminous space blackened stars / They gaze, accuse, deny")
  • Xaku is the first Warframe to possess an ability buff that deals VoidTearIcon b Void damage.
  • Xaku is the first Warframe to possess sporatic base attributes, breaking the trend that all Warframe base attributes are multiples of 5.
  • Xaku's skeletal form has a visible face with distinct eye slits and eyes within them, marking them as the second Warframe in the game to have visible facial features, after Excalibur Umbra.

References


Edit Tab

Passive

Shifting their pieces unpredictably, XakuIcon272 Xaku has a 25% chance to harmlessly phase through incoming enemy weapon attacks, while protected by a 25% damage reduction against area of effect damage. Passive dodge chance and area damage reduction both raise to 75% while TheVastUntime130xDark The Vast Untime is activated.

  • Passive values are not affected by Mods.
  • Enemy attacks affected by the passive include hitscan, bullets, projectiles, melee attacks, and explosions.
  • Evasion from mods such as Mod TT 20pxAgility Drift and Xaku's dodge chances are separate mechanics that do not stack.


Abilities 

Expand All
View Maximization
Input table not loaded. Javascript not loaded
Result table not loaded. Javascript not loaded




Xata'sWhisperModx256 Xata'sWhisper130xWhite
ENERGY
25
KEY
1
Xata's Whisper
Wield Void damage for all attacks from equipped weapons when activated.
Strength:17 / 23 / 23 / 26 % (VoidTearIcon w Void damage bonus)
Duration:20 / 30 / 30 / 35 s
Range:N/A
Misc:1 (extra hit per damage instance)
Sentient resistance reset (upon status proc)
Expand


GraspofLohkModx256 GraspofLohk130xWhite
ENERGY
50
KEY
2
Grasp of Lohk
Void Tendrils steal weapons from nearby enemies to use as your own floating, auto-targeting armament. Damage output increases based on enemy level. The number of weapons grabbed also determines the damage multiplier for The Lost: Deny's Void beam.
Strength:20 / 30 / 40 / 50 (VoidTearIcon w Void scaling damage)
Duration:5 / 7 / 9 / 12 s
Range:6 / 9 / 12 / 15 m (grab range)
5 / 6 / 7 / 8 m (target range)
3 / 4 / 5 / 6 (max targets)
Misc:1.2/s (fire rate)
? % (stagger chance on hit)
Damage is multiplied by enemy level
Expand


TheLostModx256 TheLost130xWhite
ENERGY
75
KEY
3
The Lost
Cycle through a trio of lost Warframe powers. Accuse manifests a Void fissure to corrupt enemies into allies. Gaze grasps targets in Void tendrils that capture damage and inflict it when the target is released. Deny annihilates with a beam of Void energy, wiping Sentient resistances.

Strength:5 / 6 / 7 / 8 (max targets)
Duration:4 / 8 / 12 / 16 s
Range:5 / 7 / 9 / 11 m
Misc:∞ (cast range)

Strength:20 / 30 / 40 / 50 % (defense reduction)
Duration:5 / 8 / 11 / 14 s
Range:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 m (cast range)
5 / 6 / 7 / 8 m (aura radius)
Misc:?° (cone angle)
2 (max targets)
100 % (reduction cap)

Strength:1,000 / 2,000 / 3,000 / 4,000 (VoidTearIcon w Void damage)
Duration:5 / 8 / 11 / 14 s
Range:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 m
Misc:1.5 m (beam radius)
100 % (Sentient resistance reset on hit)

Expand


TheVastUntimeModx256 TheVastUntime130xWhite
ENERGY
100
KEY
4
The Vast Untime
Temporarily shed the outer pieces of Xaku in a destructive blast, then stalk the battlefield in a new, swifter skeletal form. Enemies damaged by the body shrapnel are rendered weaker to Void damage. Xaku's other active abilities' duration is frozen in time and resumes once The Vast Untime expires.
Strength:600 / 800 / 1,000 / 1,200 (VoidTearIcon w Void damage)
10 / 15 / 20 / 25 % (slow)
Duration:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 s
Range:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 m
Misc:-50% (VoidTearIcon w Void damage vulnerability)
100 % (slow cap)
75 % (dodge chance and area damage reduction)
+20% (move speed bonus)
Ability duration paused
Expand

Collapse All


Strength Mods

IntensifyModU145

Duration Mods

ContinuityModU145

Range Mods

StretchModU145

Xata'sWhisper130xWhite Xata'sWhisper130xWhite
GraspofLohk130xWhite GraspofLohk130xWhite GraspofLohk130xWhite
TheLost130xWhite TheLost130xWhite TheLost130xWhite
TheVastUntime130xWhite TheVastUntime130xWhite TheVastUntime130xWhite

Edit Tab

XakuIcon272 Xaku can be equipped with the following items:

Cosmetics

See Also

Edit Tab

Hotfix 29.2.2

  • Updated Xaku's The Lost ability descriptions to list the sub-abilities and a brief general description of what they do. Tips related to these sub-abilities have also been edited for accuracy as a result.

Update 29.2

  • Fixed Xaku’s Grasp of Lohk ability targeting phantom enemies in the Ambulas boss fight.

Hotfix 29.1.2

  • Increased the audible distance of Xaku’s weapon sounds in the Grasp of Lohk ability use.

Hotfix 29.1.1

  • Fixed Xaku’s abilities having old descriptions that did not reflect the recent changes made in Update 29.1.0.

Update 29.1

Xaku Changes & Fixes

Keeping within the realm of the “community-created Warframe” project, Xaku has received numerous changes based on your feedback! We welcome your feedback post launch in the official Dev Workshop: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1223976-upcoming-xaku-changes/

We consider these changes “Round 1” with more to come once players have graciously again provided their feedback!

Xaku’s Passive:
  • Including AOE damage reduction as part of Xaku’s Passive.
    • How it will work: AOE damage will simply take a 25% damage reduction (75% while The Vast Untime is active).
    • Currently, Xaku’s Passive provides a chance that incoming projectiles will fail to hit the warframe at all, instead going right through. But does not include any protection from enemy AOE damage. For example, if a Bombard shot a rocket at Xaku, the projectile itself would have a 25% chance to pass through them and deal no damage (75% with The Vast Untime), but the explosion following would have the full effect. With this change, Xaku’s Passive additionally grants them 25% damage reduction on the following AOE explosion from that rocket. That’s increased to 75% when Xaku is running around bare bones!
Xata’s Whisper:
  • We are making Void damage ‘True Neutral’ by removing the 50% resistance of Void damage on Cloned Flesh and Fossilized enemies - a long desired request for Void damage.
    • Currently, Void damage is relatively ineffective against Cloned Flesh and Fossilized enemies which greatly limits the use of Xata’s Whisper on Grineer and Infested enemies. In an effort to give it (and Void damage in general) more utility across enemy categories, we are removing this resistance so that it aligns with its neutral effectiveness against the other enemy types. It is important to note that Eidolons, Amalgams, and certain bosses will still maintain this resistance.
Grasp of Lohk:
  • Increasing the speed at which enemies are disarmed so that it occurs earlier in the casting animation. Also increasing the casting animation speed overall.
    • Currently, the point of when enemies are disarmed once Grasp of Lohk is cast is far too delayed.
  • Increased Grasp of Lohk’s disarming range from 8m to 15m.
    • Not to be confused with firing range, this increase allows a bigger berth for choosing victims to disarm with Grasp of Lohk.
  • Allowing Grasp of Lohk to be recast.
    • How it will work: Any existing Grasp of Lohk weapons will simply be replaced by the new cast up to the maximum amount of targets.
    • Currently, once Grasp of Lohk is cast, you are locked with the weapons that were grabbed until the end of the ability’s duration. This is obviously limiting if the ability was cast with undesired effect. To counteract this limitation, we are adding the option to recast with the added benefit of resetting the ability’s duration and disarming a new set of enemies where/when desired.
The Lost: Deny
  • Adding synergy between Deny and Grasp of Lohk that increases Deny’s damage output.
    • How it will work: The number of weapons orbiting Xaku from Grasp of Lohk act as a damage multiplier for Deny’s Void beam. For example: If you have 4 weapons orbiting Xaku, Deny’s damage will be granted a 5x multiplier.
  • Increasing the casting speed of Deny.
    • More firepower... faster!
The Vast Untime:
  • Removing the Energy drain and keeping it a duration based ability.
    • Currently, the Energy drain on top of its casting cost and duration is far too restrictive and punishing.
  • Adding Synergy between The Vast Untime and all of Xaku’s other abilities.
    • How it will work: Emphasis on “Untime”, when Xaku is in their skeletal form their other active abilities’ duration will become frozen in time. Once The Vast Untime expires, the duration of those active abilities resume. This was suggested in our feedback readings and we quite enjoyed the play on the ‘untime’ theme and the added benefit to Xaku overall! We feel that since this no longer has an Energy drain, and that it halts the timer on other abilities, the energy demands of Xaku’s kit will be significantly lessened.
      • Note: This will not apply to Helminth abilities and abilities from other Warframes from Helminth subsuming.
Xaku Fixes:
  • Fixed Deny having poor hit detection on ragdolled or suspended enemies.
  • Fixed targets affected by Accuse have inconsistent hit detection based on weapon type (beam, bolt, etc).
  • Fixed a case of dealing self damage via Xata’s Whisper.

Hotfix 29.0.7

  • Fixed Xaku's base slow of The Vast Untime being 50% instead of intended 15% at Level 2. As reported here!

Hotfix 29.0.6

  • Xaku’s Gaze ability has been added to the Railjack Tactical Menu.
  • Xaku will now hide their Syandana and Armor pieces during their The Vast Untime ability to prevent floating objects.
    • Note: we are about 1 week away from a full Community feedback pass on Xaku’s abilities. Sit tight!
  • Fixed Xaku’s Vast Untime ability not always damaging enemies within radius.

Hotfix 29.0.4

  • Fixed Xaku’s ‘Vast Untime’ damaging Teralysts and Variants. As mentioned at TennoCon, this is not intended.

Hotfix 29.0.2

  • Added Xaku Blueprint to Cephalon Simaris Offerings for those who have completed the Heart of Deimos Quest.
  • Fixed a script error when casting Xaku’s Accuse ability.

Hotfix 29.0.1

  • Fixed a script error when casting Xaku’s Grasp of Lohk ability.

Update 29.0

  • Introduced.

Edit Tab

Images

Videos

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.