Release Date: November 25th, 2015
Descending from the empyrean eternal, the unruly primal saint Wukong wreaks havoc in the System with his immortal trickery and savage beatings. Divide and conquer with twice yourselves, then journey unseen under a cloak of clouds. Endure through any assault with arrogant poise, donning the legendary staff to tip the balance in his favor, and his opponents off their feet. Wukong and his twin embarked on their new journey in Update 25.2.
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: 275||Blueprint Price: 35,000|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
Tenno Lab Research
Wukong's blueprint can be purchased from the Tenno Research Lab interface in the Clan Dojo once it has been researched. It costs 35,000 to replicate (purchase) the main blueprint and 15,000 for each component blueprint for a total of 80,000.
- Wukong's research requires 11 Nitain Extract. This will require 45 worth of Nightwave offerings. Furthermore, crafting Wukong requires 6 Nitain Extract for an additional 30.
- Although Reactor Sabotage caches have a chance to reward Nitain Extracts (and thus, cut down on costs), it should not be wholly relied on due to the low chance of Nitain being rewarded.
- Wukong descended on September 29th, 2015 for the Chinese build, then on November 25th, 2015 for the global build.
- Wukong is named after Sun Wukong, (also known as the Monkey King), one of the main characters in the highly influential classic Chinese story Journey to the West. The majority of the Warframe's power set is based upon the Monkey King's lore.
- The variable-size Iron Staff that Wukong summons upon using Primal Fury (and to a lesser extent Defy) is based off the Ruyi Jingu Bang, the Monkey King's signature weapon capable of changing its size at whim. It was one of several treasures bestowed upon the Monkey King after he defeated the Dragon Kings of the Four Seas.
- Cloud Walker is a reference to the Jingdouyun (which translates to "Rolling Cloud"), a skill learned from his master when he was young.
- Celestial Twin is a reference to the Monkey King's ability to clone himself through his magical hairs.
- Five Levels of Immortality is a reference to the Monkey King becoming immortal through five different means.
- Wukong is the second of three Warframes that were initially introduced as timed exclusives to Warframe China, the others being Excalibur Umbra Prime and Nezha.
- The line in Lotus' summary, "Everybody's got something to hide, Tenno. Except Wukong," is a reference to the song "Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey", by the Beatles.
- Wukong has never had official alternate look (skin), except from TennoGen, until the release of Wukong Prime.
- When Equipped with Wisp's Agile animation, and unarmed, he will summon his Celestial Twin. He is the 2nd of two frames to feature a unique version of the animation, Equinox being the only other frame respectively.
- Wukong can give himself a handshake by activating the Handshake emote while his Celestial Twin is close by.