Weeping Wounds is an uncommon Melee mod that increases status chance as the Melee Combo Counter increases.

Stats[edit | edit source]

Rank Status chance Cost
0 +6.7% 4
1 +13.3% 5
2 +20% 6
3 +26.7 % 7
4 +33.3% 8
5 +40% 9


Notes[edit | edit source]

  • Unlike dual stat mods (e.g. Mod TT 20px.pngVirulent Scourge), Weeping Wounds can increase status chance without introducing a new damage type into the mix.
  • Weeping Wounds can often be significantly more powerful than a single dual stat mod in increasing pure status chance.
  • Weapons with at least 19% base status chance can reach 100% status chance when using Weeping Wounds at a 12x combo multiplier.
  • Weeping Wounds can not be equipped on Exalted Weapons.

Calculation[edit | edit source]

The formula for calculating the increased status chance reached by the mod is as follows:

Status Chance = Weapon Status Chance × [1 + Mod Status Bonus + Weeping Wounds Bonus × (Combo Multi - 1)]

For example, a weapon with 20% base status chance, modded with maxed Mod TT 20px.pngVoltaic Strike (+60%) and Weeping Wounds, and with a Combo Counter of 4.0x would reach 20% × (1 + 60% + 40% × (4.0 - 1)) = 56% chance to proc.

Base Status Chance Difference Per Multiplier Combo Multipliers (No Status Chance Increase at 1x)
1x 2x 3x 4x 5x 6x 7x 8x 9x 10x 11x 12x
5 2 5 7 9 11 13 15 17 19 21 23 25 27
10 4 10 14 18 22 26 30 34 38 42 46 50 54
15 6 15 21 27 33 39 45 51 57 63 69 75 81
20 8 20 28 36 44 52 60 68 76 84 92 100 108
25 10 25 35 45 55 65 75 85 95 105 115 125 135
30 12 30 42 54 66 78 90 102 114 126 138 150 162
35 14 35 49 63 77 91 105 119 133 147 161 175 189
40 16 40 56 72 88 104 120 136 152 168 184 200 216
45 18 45 63 81 99 117 135 153 171 189 207 225 243
50 20 50 70 90 110 130 150 170 190 210 230 250 270
55 22 55 77 99 121 143 165 187 209 231 253 275 297
60 24 60 84 108 132 156 180 204 228 252 276 300 324

Status Chance = Weapon Status Chance × [1 + Mod Status Bonus + Weeping Wounds Bonus × (Combo Multi - 1)]

  • Weeping Wounds Bonus: This is the bonus provided by Mod TT 20px.pngWeeping Wounds based on its rank.
  • Combo Multi: This is the multiplier from your melee combo counter.
  • Mod Status Bonus: This is the total of all other equipped mod bonuses added together (excluding Weeping Wound bonuses of course). For example, a maxed Mod TT 20px.pngVoltaic Strike (+60%) and Mod TT 20px.pngMelee Prowess (+90%) on a weapon gives a Mod Status Bonus of +150%.

Trivia[edit | edit source]

  • Prior to Update 26.0, Weeping Wounds provided +45% status chance per combo level. Status chance was calculated according to the following equation:
Status Chance = Base Status Chance × (1 + Mod Status Chance) × (1 + Weeping Wounds Multiplier × Combo Multiplier)

Bugs[edit | edit source]

  • If you are client-side and are using the Naramon focus school, being in operator mode when your combo multiplier goes down, can cause your status chance to overstack.

See Also[edit | edit source]

Patch History[edit | edit source]

Update 29.5

  • Fixed Weeping Wounds not applying to Garuda’s Talons (only applies when Talons are the single equipped Melee).
  • Fixed return issue with combo stacking Melee Mods (like Weeping Wounds) not resetting while in Operator with a very specific loadout as Client, as reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1202616-blood-rush-still-bugged/

Update 29.0

Hotfix 27.5.4

  • Fixed Weeping Wounds bonuses not resetting if you’re the Operator when the Combo expires.

Hotfix 26.0.5

  • Fixed Weeping Wounds Mod not applying its bonus correctly.

Update 26.0

  • Now increases Status chance in a Stacking Multiplier, 40% per combo tier.
  • (Undocumented) Added buff icon.

Hotfix 18.4.13

  • Fixed the Weeping Wounds Mod not properly increasing based on the player’s melee combo multiplier.

Hotfix 18.4.1

Last updated: Hotfix 26.0.5

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.