Weapons are used by Warframes, Archwings, Sentinels, and enemies to cause damage. Weapons can be leveled up for more mod capacity to apply more mods and increase capability. There are three main weapon types used by Warframes: Primary, Secondary, and Melee weapons. Sentinels also have a single weapon that is leveled up independently called Robotic weapons.
Most weapons can be obtained by crafting them in the Foundry with a blueprint and resources/components. Weapon blueprints can be obtained as a reward from Quest or limited-time events, or bought from vendors like the Market. Some weapons can be bought pre-built using Platinum from the Market or Ducats from Baro Ki'Teer. Each weapon's respective article on the wiki will provide details on where to obtain their respective blueprints; clicking on a particular weapon in the Market will also provide farming locations, albeit less detailed.
Weapons in WARFRAME obtain Affinity (experience points) when used in combat. When enough Affinity has been obtained, the weapon rank increases, up to a maximum rank of 30 (except the Paracesis and Kuva Weapons). Ranking up weapons grants 100 Mastery Points per rank (for a total of 3,000 Mastery Points) to the player. Mastery Points are only awarded once per rank, per weapon; once a rank has been completed, doing it again with another copy of the weapon or using a Forma to reset the weapon's rank gives no extra Mastery Points. Different variants of the weapon, such as MK1, Prime, Wraith among others, each have their own Mastery Points. Some weapons, mainly pistols, have dual-wielded versions, but these are for all purposes distinct weapons and also have their own Mastery Points.
A weapon's Mod capacity is equal to the higher of either the weapon's rank or the player's Mastery Rank. An Orokin Catalyst can be installed to double the weapon's capacity, for a new maximum of 60. All weapons have 8 Mod slots, and melee weapons have an additional Stance slot, which can be used to further expand the capacity.
A new player will have the choice of 6 different weapons in the Vor's Prize tutorial, 2 from each weapon slot. Players can choose between the MK1-Braton and MK1-Paris as their primary, the Lato and MK1-Kunai as their secondary, and the Skana and MK1-Bo as their melee.
- A player's loadout can have up to 3 weapons; primary, secondary, and melee. It is not necessary to be equipped with one of each, though at least one weapon must be equipped.
- Primary weapons are mainly separated into rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, and bows, as these are the four categories that have unique mods to them, as well as Sortie missions limited to each type.
- "Rifles" includes practically all primaries that aren't separated into the other three categories; this includes fully automatic assault rifles, semi-automatic precision rifles, beam weapons, explosive launchers, and others. Most of them use Rifle ammo, though most launchers use Sniper ammo.
- Shotguns have their own set of Mods and use the rarer shotgun ammo.
- Sniper Rifles have magnifying scopes and the unique Shot Combo mechanic. They share mods with Rifles but use the rare Sniper ammo.
- Bows, as well as crossbows, use Rifle mods. Bows use Sniper ammo, while crossbows use Rifle ammo.
- Secondary weapons come in many forms, mostly pistols, though also throwing knives, shotguns, and launchers. They all use the same mods and Pistol ammo, however.
- Melee weapons do not use ammo. They all use the same mods, though there's a variety of melee types, each with their unique Stances.
- Robotic weapons serve as weapons used by Sentinels and Moas. They have internal magazines that they must reload but do not require ammo to stock. Their mod types depend on the weapon equipped (e.g. Deconstructor uses melee mods, Artax uses rifle mods).
- Certain Warframes come with Exalted Weapons that are tied to their abilities. These can be modded as with normal weapons, but do not require separate copies of the mods. These weapons don't require ammo.
- Kitguns and Zaws are modular primary, secondary, and melee weapons, respectively, assembled from a variety of parts. In addition to mods, they can be equipped with unique Arcane Enhancements.
- How much damage is dealt with Health and Shields. Can consist of several damage types, either Physical or Elemental damage.
- How tight of a spread a weapon has when firing. A weapon with 100.0 Accuracy will always hit on the center dot of the reticle, whereas a weapon with lower accuracy will see a larger spread over multiple shots.
- How quickly the weapon is reloading.
- A weapon with 1.5 Reload Speed means it takes 1.5 seconds to reload.
- Amount of shots you can fire before you have to reload.
Charge Time/Heavy Wind Up Time
- How quickly a weapon can be charged and damage it does from a charge.
- Mainly bows, but also in effect for other weapons like the Opticor.
- Heavy attacks for melee weapons have a wind-up time before an attack.
Critical Chance/Hit Multiplier
- The chance that a weapon will land a critical hit and how much more damage it deals.
- Orange critical hits deal increased critical damage and can be scored if the critical chance lies above 100%. Likewise, red Critical hits deal further increased critical damage if the Critical chance lies above 200%.
- The chance that a weapon will land a proc depending on the damage types.
- How quickly the weapon fires its ammunition. Semi-automatic weapons are highly affected by frame rate, resulting in fire rates at around half their depicted values.
- Total amount of ammunition that can be carried (including magazine).
- The range where a weapon deals less damage, up to a maximum distance.
- If the weapon has a Polarized mod slot or not.
- Main article: Weapons Required as Crafting Ingredients
In this section are blueprints that require weapons as crafting ingredients (without mentioning their components). The weapons on the left side are consumed in the process of crafting the weapon on the right.
If you are wondering whether you should delete a weapon from your inventory (based on the currently known weapons available for crafting), use+ or + to use your browser's search function to check if the weapon you wish to discard is present in the left side of this table.
|Primary weapons as crafting components|
|Boltor + Kronen (melee)||→||Boltace (melee)|
|2x Grakata||→||Twin Grakatas (secondary)|
|Miter + Hikou (secondary)||→||Panthera|
|Secondary weapons as crafting components|
|Akbolto + Dual Skana (melee)||→||Akjagara|
|Atomos + Dual Zoren (melee)||→||Twin Basolk (melee)|
|Bolto + Viper||→||Hystrix|
|2x Bronco Prime||→||Akbronco Prime|
|2x Cestra||→||Dual Cestra|
|Hikou + Miter (primary)||→||Panthera (primary)|
|2x Kohmak||→||Twin Kohmak|
|Kunai + Bo (melee)||→||Tipedo (melee)|
|2x Lex Prime||→||Aklex Prime|
|Vasto + Dual Skana (melee)||→||Redeemer (melee)|
|2x Vasto Prime||→||Akvasto Prime|
|2x Viper||→||Twin Vipers|
|Viper + Bolto||→||Hystrix|
|Melee weapons as crafting components|
|Ankyros + Dual Cleavers||→||Ripkas|
|Bo||→||Cadus (China Only)|
|Bo + Kunai (secondary)||→||Tipedo|
|Dual Cleavers + Ankyros||→||Ripkas|
|Dual Kamas||→||Dual Raza|
|Dual Skana||→||Dark Split-Sword|
|Dual Skana + Akbolto (secondary)||→||Akjagara (secondary)|
|Dual Skana + Vasto (secondary)||→||Redeemer|
|Dual Zoren + Atomos (secondary)||→||Twin Basolk|
|2x Kama||→||Dual Kamas|
|2x Krohkur||→||Twin Krohkur|
|Kronen + Boltor (primary)||→||Boltace|
- M Directly purchasable in the Market for credits
- D Requires Clan Dojo research
- B Blueprint only drops from a Boss
- V Requires components which relics are vaulted/occasionally available from Baro Ki'Teer
Last updated: Update 25.8
- Equipping only a secondary weapon in your inventory will result in the weapon's name not being displayed in the Squad's Arsenal Overview. This will make it appear as if you only have a Warframe equipped. However, you will still bring said secondary with you into any mission.
- If a primary weapon is not equipped and a challenge requiring primary kills appears in a mission, pistol kills will count towards the objective count.
- Excluding Modular Weapons, there are a total of 446 weapons in the game: