“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
- War's blueprint can be acquired as a random drop after defeating the Shadow Stalker.
- War can be bought as part of the Hunhow's Gift bundle in order to bypass the Mastery Rank Requirement.
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Fourth highest damage of all Heavy Blades, behind Paracesis, Galatine Prime, and Gram Prime.
- Guaranteed Impact procs on normal attacks.
- High critical chance and status chance.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Cleaving Whirlwind and Tempo Royale stances.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Puncture and Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Below average attack speed.
- See Category:War Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:War Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Because the Broken War received from completing The Second Dream quest comes with a free Orokin Catalyst, it is recommended not to use it to craft War, as the pre-installed catalyst will not carry over into the crafted War. A separate Broken War can be crafted and used to craft War – the player will be given the choice of which to use at the Foundry.
- The energy that surrounds War's blades and the glowing light in its hilt will react to different things.
- When channeling, both will glow extremely brightly, and gradually return to normal brightness after turning channeling off. This specific trait is shared with the (Synoid) Heliocor.
- War's lights will also briefly glow after it kills an enemy.
- When holstered, both the blade and hilt glow will dissipate until brandished again.
- The hilt "core" light glows a different color than the blades' hologramic detail lighting, which is determined by the user's primary weapon energy color.
- Despite its immense size, this weapon's reach is no larger than that of the Galatine (Prime).
- In the The Second Dream quest, War was not only the sword that the Shadow Stalker used, but also housed the consciousness of the Sentient Hunhow. War would be shattered in two during the climax of the quest, creating the Broken War sword, which is simply the broken off piece re-purposed as a weapon.
- War's hilt-light having a separate energy color from the main weapon also references this, as during the quest, it would glow red and pulse whenever Hunhow spoke through the weapon.
- This weapon, along with the Broken War, is the first Sentient weapon available to players.
- The pommel of this weapon is similar in shape and design to the Hunhow Sentinel Mask.
- The name "War" references the biblical Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The horseman of the red horse, War, is charged with bringing battle and slaughter, and is given a great sword. This is reflected in the weapon's main color being red, and its sheer size.
- On very rare occasion, War's lights won't stop glowing after getting a kill or channeling is toggled off. This can often be visually distracting, but can usually be fixed by dying.
- Broken War, the smaller, longsword version of this weapon.
- Shadow Stalker, the only known user of this weapon
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.