“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Tied with Scindo Prime for the third highest base damage of all heavy blades, behind Galatine Prime and Gram Prime.
- Every hit on enemies that are not knocked down procs an Impact status effect.
- Tied with Galatine Prime and Scindo Prime for the third highest critical chance of all heavy blades, behind Paracesis and Gram Prime.
- Tied with Gram Prime and Paracesis for the highest critical multiplier of all heavy blades.
- Tied with Galatine Prime for the third highest status chance of all heavy blades, behind Masseter and Gram Prime.
- Possesses momentum during regular swings, which resists interruption such as stagger or knockdown.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Cleaving Whirlwind and Tempo Royale stances.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Puncture and Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Below average attack speed.
|Main Blueprint||2.765%||36 – 37 kills||246 ± 82 kills|
Expected refers to total number of attempts a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because the Broken War received from completing The Second Dream quest comes with a free Orokin Catalyst, it is recommended not to use it to craft War, as the pre-installed catalyst will not carry over into the crafted War. A separate Broken War can be crafted and used to craft War – the player will be given the choice of which to use at the Foundry.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The energy that surrounds War's blades and the glowing light in its hilt will react to different things.
- If the Energy color is not customized, the lights correspond to the elemental damage present on the weapon. If no elements are present, the lights glow red, identical to when the Shadow Stalker is attacking the player. The light blue seen in the weapon icon and other appearances can be achieved with Magnetic damage.
- War's lights will also briefly glow after it kills an enemy.
- When holstered, both the blade and hilt glow will dissipate until brandished again.
- When channeling was still available, both would also glow extremely bright and gradually return to normal brightness after turning channeling off. This specific trait was shared with the Synoid Heliocor and Heliocor.
- In the The Second Dream quest, War was not only the sword that the Shadow Stalker used, but also housed the consciousness of the Sentient Hunhow. War would be shattered in two during the climax of the quest, creating the Broken War sword, which is simply the broken off piece re-purposed as a weapon.
- This weapon, along with the Broken War, is the first Sentient weapon available to players.
- The pommel of this weapon is similar in shape and design to the Hunhow Sentinel Mask.
- The name "War" references the biblical Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The horseman of the red horse, War, is charged with bringing battle and slaughter, and is given a great sword. This is reflected in the weapon's main color being red, and its sheer size.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- On very rare occasion, War's lights won't stop glowing after getting a kill or channeling is toggled off. This can often be visually distracting, but can usually be fixed by dying.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Broken War, the smaller, longsword version of this weapon.
- Shadow Stalker, the only known user of this weapon.