The Vulkar is a Grineer sniper rifle used by Grineer Ballistas and sometimes used by Grineer Wardens. It mainly utilizes damage and has a very high status chance, making a fair amount of shots inflict status procs.
- High damage - effective against shields.
- High critical chance.
- Very high status chance.
- Low recoil.
- Pinpoint accuracy while zoomed in; shots will hit exactly on the reticle dot, perfect for headshots.
- Innate 1 meter punch through.
- Three zoom modes:
- First zoom has 2.5x zoom distance and +35% headshot damage.
- Second zoom has 4.0x zoom distance and +55% headshot damage.
- Third zoom has 8.0x zoom distance and +70% headshot damage.
- Staggers most enemies with every hit.
- Can use the Vulkar-exclusive and mods.
- Low and damage - less effective against armor and health.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 400m to 600m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Slow reload speed.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Rifle scope is ineffective in dark areas and at close range.
- Inaccurate when fired from the hip, bullets may widely spread when fired.
- Purity effect from causes a screen shake, disrupting aiming.
- Vulkar (attack: Normal), compared to Vulkar Wraith (attack: Normal):
- Lower base damage (225 vs. 273)
- Lower total damage (225 vs. 273)
- Lower average damage per shot (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (270 vs. 327.6)
- Lower burst DPS (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (405 vs. 655.2)
- Lower sustained DPS (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (231.43 vs. 374.4)
- Lower fire rate (1.5 round(s)/sec vs. 2 round(s)/sec)
- Smaller magazine (6 round(s) vs. 8 round(s))
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (3 vs. 7)
- Higher disposition (1.45 vs. 1.4)
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:20,000|
- The Vulkar has the second longest shot combo reset time of the sniper rifles at 5 seconds, thus it can maintain its shot combo after reloading.
- It needs only 2 shots to initiate the shot combo counter's 1.5x damage bonus, allowing it to attain 2.0x bonus damage if all rounds of its magazine hit.
- The Vulkar, alongside the , has the smallest minimum zoom magnification of the sniper rifles, with its minimum zoom having only 2.5x magnification. This makes the Vulkar more effective at shooting at closer range than other sniper rifles.
- Use a short-ranged sidearm to compensate for closer targets.
- Try to aim for the head or other vulnerable points, take your time. Spraying and praying with this weapon does not work well, as with all snipers.
- Adding a maxed rank will give the Vulkar 1 extra bullet, while a maxed rank will add 2 extra shots. A maxed will add 4 shots, and all of these mods will total up in a magazine capacity of 13.
- Maxed and mods work well with this weapon because of its good critical chance and damage.
- Use the mod to greatly relieve the low total ammo or to increase the amount of sniper rifle ammo picked up. Bring along Squad Ammo Restores or use Carrier's Ammo Case.
- or are the most effective physical mods to use, as they increase Vulkar's already decent damage further. In combination they will grant a total of +150% damage.
- can be used on the Vulkar with little noticeable effect on its long-range accuracy, as its slow rate of fire ensures that its shots will always land on its crosshair. Heavy Caliber will affect the spread of additional bullets created by however.
- It seems the Vulkar's name is based on "Vulcan", the god of fire, the forge, and the volcanoes in Roman mythology.
- Ballistas, the Grineer sniper units that use this weapon
- Grineer Wardens, a Warden that has a chance to use this weapon.
- , a Vulkar exclusive Syndicate mod.
- Vulkar Deal Pack, a removed bundle featuring the Vulkar exclusively.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|