The Vulkar is a Grineer sniper rifle used by Grineer Ballistas and sometimes used by Grineer Wardens. It mainly utilizes Impact damage and has a very high status chance, making a fair amount of shots inflict status procs.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:20,000|
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage - effective against shields.
- High critical chance.
- Very high status chance.
- Low recoil.
- Pinpoint accuracy while zoomed in; shots will hit exactly on the reticle dot, perfect for headshots.
- Innate 1 meter Punch Through.
- Three zoom modes:
- First zoom has 2.5x zoom distance and +35% headshot damage.
- Second zoom has 4.0x zoom distance and +55% headshot damage.
- Third zoom has 8.0x zoom distance and +70% headshot damage.
- Staggers most enemies with every hit.
- Can use the Vulkar-exclusive Lasting Purity and Meticulous Aim mods.
- Low Puncture and Slash damage - less effective against armor and health.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 400m to 600m target distance (distances are affected by projectile flight speed).
- Slow reload speed.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Rifle scope is ineffective in dark areas and at close range.
- Inaccurate when fired from the hip, bullets may widely spread when fired.
- Purity effect from Lasting Purity causes a screen shake, disrupting aiming.
- Vulkar, compared to Vulkar Wraith:
- Lower base damage (225.0 vs. 273.0)
- Lower fire rate (1.5 rounds/sec vs. 2 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (6 rounds vs. 8 rounds)
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (3 vs. 7)
- Higher disposition (1.45 vs. 1.4)
- See Category:Vulkar Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Vulkar Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Vulkar has the second longest shot combo reset time of the sniper rifles at 5 seconds, thus it can maintain its shot combo after reloading.
- It needs only 2 shots to initiate the shot combo counter's 1.5x damage bonus, allowing it to attain 2.0x bonus damage if all rounds of its magazine hit.
- The Vulkar, alongside the Snipetron, has the smallest minimum zoom magnification of the sniper rifles, with its minimum zoom having only 2.5x magnification. This makes the Vulkar more effective at shooting at closer range than other sniper rifles.
- Can reach over 100% status chance with:
- Thermite Rounds, Rime Rounds, High Voltage, Malignant Force, and Catalyzer Link.
- Rifle Aptitude and Hammer Shot combined with three of Thermite Rounds, Rime Rounds, High Voltage, Malignant Force, or Catalyzer Link.
- Rifle Aptitude or Hammer Shot combined with four of Thermite Rounds, Rime Rounds, High Voltage, Malignant Force, or Catalyzer Link.
- Use a short-ranged sidearm to compensate for closer targets.
- Try to aim for the head or other vulnerable points, take your time. Spraying and praying with this weapon does not work well, as with all snipers.
- Adding a maxed rank Wildfire will give the Vulkar 1 extra bullet, while a maxed rank Magazine Warp will add 2 extra shots. A maxed Tainted Mag will add 4 shots, and all of these mods will total up in a magazine capacity of 13.
- Maxed Point Strike and Vital Sense mods work well with this weapon because of its good critical chance and damage.
- Use the Sniper Ammo Mutation mod to greatly relieve the low total ammo or Sniper Scavenger to increase the amount of sniper rifle ammo picked up. Bring along Squad Ammo Restores or use Carrier's Ammo Case.
- Rupture or Crash Course are the most effective physical mods to use, as they increase Vulkar's already decent Impact damage further. In combination they will grant a total of +150% Impact damage.
- Heavy Caliber can be used on the Vulkar with little noticeable effect on its long-range accuracy, as its slow rate of fire ensures that its shots will always land on its crosshair. Heavy Caliber will affect the spread of additional bullets created by Split Chamber however.
- It seems the Vulkar's name is based on "Vulcan", the god of fire, the forge, and the volcanoes in Roman mythology.
- Ballistas, the Grineer sniper units that use this weapon
- Grineer Wardens, a Warden that has a chance to use this weapon.
- Lasting Purity, a Vulkar exclusive Syndicate mod.
- Vulkar Deal Pack, a removed bundle featuring the Vulkar exclusively.