Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Void Traces are primarily obtained by collecting Reactant, which occasionally drops from Corrupted enemies (including those who turn Corrupted during the mission) provided there is a Void Fissure present. Reactant is collected to crack open a Void Relic, but Reactant will drop regardless, whether the player has a Void Relic equipped or not.
Players can collect up to 10 Reactant during each round of the mission. 10 Reactant are required to open a Void Relic, if one has been equipped before the round starts. Once enough Reactant is collected, 6-30 Void Traces are added to the reward pool and the contents of an equipped Relic will be revealed at the end of the current round. Additionally, a player can receive 5 bonus Void Traces should a teammate choose their Relic's artifact, which is much more likely should a particular relic yield a rare reward. Because there are up to 3 additional teammates, up to 15 bonus Void Traces can be collected by this method in each round of the mission, as an incentive for players to refine their Void Relics before equipping them. As with most other rewards, all rewarded Void Traces and chosen Relic artifacts are added onto the player's account at the very end of the mission, if it is a success.
The Granum Void rank 1 reward might be 5/10/15 void traces.
Isolation Vaults contain storage containers that, when broken, may drop void traces.
Unlike most resources, there is an upper limit to how many Void Traces a player can stockpile. This cap is determined by one's Mastery Rank using the formula: (Mastery Rank × 50) + 100. For example, a Mastery Rank 13 player can only hold up to 750 Void Traces. Increasing one's Mastery Rank will immediately increase Void Trace storage capacity. Excess Void Traces are discarded, except that excess Void Traces reclaimed upon defeating a Kuva Lich are kept.
Use[edit | edit source]
- Dragon Key crafting, which requires 10 Void Traces per key.
- Void Relic refinement to increase the odds of acquiring rarer rewards (25 for Exceptional, 50 for Flawless or 100 for Radiant per relic).
- Necraloid standing requires considerable Void Traces (150, 250, and 350 per rank).
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If you are low on Void Traces but want to save your Relics, run a Fissure mission with no Relic equipped. You'll still earn Void Traces from collecting 10 Reactant as normal, but you won't be able to gain any bonus Traces from other players choosing your reward (because you will not receive one).
- Resource Boosters and the Smeeta Kavat's Charm 120 sec Resource Buff both affect the amount of Void Traces rewarded.
- Final Void Trace reward = v × 2r × 2w × (1+0.25 × b) × 2c + 5p
- v = integer of unboosted Void Trace reward (min 6, max 30)
- r = integer of regular Resource Booster (inactive 0, active 1)
- w = integer of Resource Weekend Booster (inactive 0, active 1)
- b = integer of bonus Resource Boosters received in Endless Void Fissure missions (min 0, max 4)
- c = integer of Charm Resource Buffs active when picking up the 10th Reactant (min 0, max 5)
- p = integer of other players selecting your reward (min 0, max 3)
- The theoretical maximum is 7,695 Void Traces from one Relic; however the odds against having 5 Charm Resource Buffs active when cracking a Relic are astronomical since even having 2 of them active at once is rare. On top of that, the maximum Void Trace storage is currently capped at 1,600 Void Traces with MR 30.
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 27.0.10