- For the damage type, see here.
The Void is a mysterious realm of extradimensional space, where the laws of physics hold little sway. It is the source of many mysterious phenomena, such as Void storms, and the origin of the Tenno's powers.
As a Star Chart location, the Void is characterized by the presence of Orokin Towers, gleaming white, and gold structures built by the Orokin for unknown purposes. These towers are of immense interest to the major factions of the Origin System, who desire the vast treasures and Orokin technology hidden within. It is the primary source of Argon Crystals. Missions in the Void are also guaranteed to reward a Void Relic.
Lore[edit | edit source]
“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers.
During the Orokin Era, Orokin scientist Albrecht Entrati made the first discovery of an alternate dimension after years of research into unknown traces of Void energy, also known as Untime. He was responsible for the creation of the Heart, a device used to "pumps the arteries of 'the here' and the Void" according to Mother. The Heart is responsible for channeling Void-related phenomenon to the current reality, keeping the "Wall of Lohk" open between the Void and the physical world. The Entrati family has maintained this Heart for generations, preserving the functionality of what remains of the Orokin Empire, from Solar Rails to the Warframes themselves.
It is known that exposure to the Void may result in insanity and being out of touch with reality. The children aboard the Zariman Ten Zero were an exception, retaining their sanity during the Zariman Ten Zero Incident albeit gaining uncontrollable Void-related powers.
The Void is known to be responsible for (or at least connected to) phenomenon such as time travel, parallel universes, pocket dimensions, teleportation, superposition, resurrection, supernatural powers such as Warframe or Operator Abilities, Void Fissures, and The Man in The Wall.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Corrupted
These units have been taken over by the Neural Sentry to protect the Towers from outside forces. Note that the Void missions accessible from Sedna junction are considered to be "Tier 4" (T4) difficulty. Enemies will deal +200% bonus damage compared to their actual levels.
|All nodes||Level 30+ Only||Level 40+ Only|
The Stalker and Syndicate Kill Squads may also appear to hunt down Tenno during Tower missions.
Missions[edit | edit source]
Unlike other planets whose entirety can be accessed from a single entry node, the Void is divided into four different set of nodes, each set separate from each other that must be accessed from four different planets (Phobos, Europa, Neptune, & Sedna). Note that once the Void is unlocked, completing missions on branches from a different planet will permanently unlock the mission. This can allow a player to access other planets without unlocking their junction. For example, completing Aten will grant access to the planet Sedna.
|Teshub||Exterminate||10 - 15||Orokin Tower|
|Taranis||Defense||10 - 15||Orokin Tower|
|Hepit||Capture||10 - 15||Orokin Tower|
|Tiwaz||Mobile Defense||20 - 25||Orokin Tower|
|Ani||Survival||20 - 25||Orokin Tower|
|Stribog||Sabotage||20 - 25||Orokin Tower|
|Oxomoco||Exterminate||30 - 35||Orokin Tower|
|Ukko||Capture||30 - 35||Orokin Tower|
|Belenus||Defense||30 - 35||Orokin Tower|
|Mithra||Interception||40 - 45||Orokin Tower|
|Aten||Mobile Defense||40 - 45||Orokin Tower|
|Mot||Survival||40 - 45||Orokin Tower|
|Marduk||Sabotage||40 - 45||Orokin Tower|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When the Void was first introduced back in Update 8.0, players could only access it through the use of Void Keys that they could acquire during missions. The Void as a whole was significantly changed during Update: Specters of the Rail, turning it into a separate system while Void Keys were changed to Relics.
- The mission nodes are named after gods and deities of various Pantheons (e.g. Slavic, Mesopotamian, Aztec, etc.).
- Teshub is the Hurrian god of the sky and storms.
- Taranis is the Celtic god of thunder.
- Hepit is the Hurrian goddess of the sky.
- Tiwaz (or Týr) is a god in Germanic mythology.
- Ani is the Alusi diety of the earth, fertility, and mortality.
- Stribog is the Slavic god of the sky.
- Belenus is the sun god in Celtic mythology.
- Ukko is the Finnish god of the sky and thunder.
- Oxomoco is the Aztec goddess of the night.
- Marduk is the Mesopotamian god of creation, water, and vegetation.
- Mithra is the Zoroastrian diety of oath.
- Mot is the Canaanite god of death.
- Aten is the Aten sun god.
Patch History[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Oh! Aren't you a fascinating specimen? Organic-ferrous exoflesh, hybridized internals, Untime trace... you're a Tenno, aren't you?" - Daughter during Heart of Deimos
- Heart of Deimos
- "Son has strange ideas of what victory looks like. The Solar Rails. The Tenno, we all depend on the Heart to keep the wall open to the other side. If the Heart stops, everything goes with it." - Loid during Heart of Deimos
- Events of Rell (Webcomic)
- "The grownups are howling at the door... drowning mad in the Void ocean but you... you are at ease swimming within the depths!" - Elder Queen during The War Within
- "When intrepid explorers returned from the Void they would isolate themselves in the vaults until they re-aligned with causality and sanity." - Loid during Isolation Vault bounties
- See Lua Spy mission
- Onkko's dialogue regarding his usage of past, present, and future tense. Example: "Saya... If he- if Onkko- if I could have shown her how catalogues of possible futures fanned out from the moment I could choose, could have chosen, to stay, none of them end, ended, well. None, save one: this one. The one where I left. This future ends so well for her, for Konzu, for Cetus. As eviscerating a choice as it was, it was the only one I could live with. Some day, I swear, this is- but- this was... this will be borne out. Speak of this no more. To be crushed by the singular excruciates. What's done is done. Enough."
- See Granum Void, Rift Plane, or Void Mode
- See Void portals in Orokin Sabotage missions or Halls of Ascension on Lua
- See Railjack's warping mechanism, Solar Rails, or Junctions
- "They say the contents of a Relic are simultaneously this thing, or this thing, or this thing, but also that thing and certainly never just one thing. That is until it's exposed to a Void Fissure? And at that point, all the possibilities collapse, each one falling away until the Relic cracks open and exposes one, singular thing." - Ordis on Void Relics
- See Corrupted Vor
|Mercury • Venus • Earth (Proxima) • Lua • Mars • Deimos • Phobos • Ceres • Jupiter • Europa • Saturn (Proxima) • Uranus • Neptune • Pluto • Sedna • Kuva Fortress • Eris • Void (Veil Proxima)|