The Vitrica is Nihil's signature heavy blade, used to judge and vitrify enemies throughout the Origin System during Nightwave: Series 3. It is a heavy blade capable of emitting a blast that glasses enemies with an Aim Glide attack and can shatter them with Slam Attacks.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Highest base damage of all heavy blades.
- High damage – effective against health.
- High critical chance.
- Above average critical multiplier.
- Highest status chance of all heavy blades.
- Has a base 10 second Combo Duration, instead of 5.
- Using an Aerial Attack during Aim Glide launches glass projectiles that glasses and freezes enemies in-place for 7 seconds over 5 meters. Slam Attacking these glassed enemies will shatter them, inflicting reasonable damage. The glassing seems able to temporarily stun anything short of a boss at any level.
- Stance slot has polarity, matching and Stances.
- Innate two polarities.
- Tied with for the second slowest attack speed of all heavy blades, after .
- Glass projectiles have travel time.
- Glassed enemies will have glass removed by any damage, including damage over time effects.
- Glass explosion inflicts self-stagger.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Following the end of Nightwave Series 3, Nihil's fight now requires an Enter Nihil's Oubliette Key and a Nihil's Oubliette decoration to access, both of which can be purchased from Nightwave Offerings for 60 each, and the former can be traded between players. Once the Oubliette decoration is installed in the player's own Orbiter, interacting with it with the Key in the player's inventory will trigger the boss fight with Nihil.
Additional blueprints can be bought from Cephalon Simaris for 100,000.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While aim gliding, swinging the weapon for the first time will fire a projectile that glasses enemies, similar to Cephalites. Though the attack itself does not deal damage, glassed enemies are frozen in place for 7 seconds.
- The projectile flight speed can not be increased by mods or 's Jet Stream augment.
- The glass projectile can be controlled by 's .
- When a ground slam is executed on a glassed enemy, the enemy will shatter and explode, dealing 999 damage.
- Slam Attacks, Heavy Attack Slams, and Stance Slams all trigger the glass explosion.
- Slam Attacks, Heavy Attack Slams, and Stance Slams will trigger a small "wave" of the sword's energy color that will travel in the direction of your Warframe on the ground at 40m/s, dealing 10 damage and shattering glassed enemies.
- Waves generated by normal slam attacks and stance slams travel for 1 second before dissipating, giving them a range of 40m. Each enemy hit by these waves will generate 1 point of combo, or 2 for glassed enemies.
- Waves generated by heavy slams travel for 2 seconds before disappearing, giving them an 80m range. The waves are also wider, force an proc, and are brighter
- Glass explosion range is not affected by range mods such as .
- Glass explosion has 100% status chance on the glassed enemy it originated from, which cannot be increase by normal status chance mods.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Immediately ground slamming after throwing the glass projectiles is the most reliable way to explode glassed enemies, and is likely to trigger before damage over time effects break the glass just after they've formed.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Glassed enemies will have certain Warframe stuns cleansed from them when the glass effect expires, both when the effect expires naturally after 7 seconds and when the glass is shattered manually. Some of these abilities include Atlas's Petrify, Frost's Avalanche, and Gara's Mass Vitrify. Harrow's Condemn is not affected, despite stunning enemies in a similar fashion.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Vitrica is likely originated from the latin Vitrum, meaning glass.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|