The Vitrica is Nihil's signature heavy blade, used to judge and vitrify enemies throughout the Origin System during Nightwave: Series 3. It is a heavy blade capable of emitting a blast that glasses enemies with a Aim Glide attack and can shatter them with Slam Attacks.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Highest base damage of all heavy blades.
- High critical chance.
- Above average critical multiplier.
- Highest status chance of all heavy blades.
- Has a base 10 second Combo Duration, instead of 5.
- Using an Aerial Attack during Aim Glide launches glass projectiles that glasses and freezes enemies in-place for 7 seconds over 5 meters. Slam Attacking these glassed enemies will shatter them.
- Stance slot has polarity, matching Cleaving Whirlwind and Tempo Royale Stances.
- Innate two polarities.
- Tied with Zenistar for the second slowest attack speed of all heavy blades, after Gram Prime.
- Glass projectiles have travel time.
- Glassed enemies will have glass removed by any damage, including damage over time effects.
- Glass explosion inflicts self-stagger.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Additional blueprints can be bought from Cephalon Simaris for 100,000.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While aim gliding, swinging the weapon for the first time will fire a projectile that glasses enemies, similar to Cephalites. Though the attack itself does not deal damage, glassed enemies are frozen in place for 7 seconds.
- When a ground slam is executed on a glassed enemy, the enemy will shatter and explode, dealing 999 damage.
- Slam Attacks, Heavy Attack Slams, and Stance Slams all trigger the glass explosion.
- Slam Attacks, Heavy Attack Slams, and Stance Slams will trigger a small "wave" of the sword's energy color that will travel in the direction of your Warframe on the ground at 40m/s, dealing 10 Impact damage and shattering glassed enemies.
- Waves generated by normal slam attacks and stance slams travel for 1 second before dissipating, giving them a range of 40m. Each enemy hit by these waves will generate 1 point of combo, or 2 for glassed enemies.
- Waves generated by heavy slams travel for 2 seconds before disappearing, giving them an 80m range. The waves are also wider, force an Impact proc, and are brighter
- The waves generated by heavy slams count as heavy attacks and as such, benefit from the x2 increased critical chance bonus from True Steel. This bonus, along with the bonus from your current combo multiplier, will be applied to any glass explosions triggered by the waves.
- Glass explosion range is not affected by range mods such as Reach.
- Glass explosion has 100% status chance on the glassed enemy it originated from, which cannot be increase by normal status chance mods.
- Status chance can be increased by using Proton Snap.
- Explosion radial damage however shares the same status chance as the weapon (33%), including bonuses from status chance mods.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Immediately ground slamming after throwing the glass projectiles is the most reliable way to explode glassed enemies, and is likely to trigger before damage over time effects break the glass just after they've formed.
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Vitrica Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Vitrica Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Glassed enemies will have certain Warframe stuns cleansed from them when the glass effect expires, both when the effect expires naturally after 7 seconds and when the glass is shattered manually. Some of these abilities include Atlas's Petrify, Frost's Avalanche, and Gara's Mass Vitrify. Harrow's Condemn is not affected, despite stunning enemies in a similar fashion.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Vitrica is likely originated from the latin Vitrum, meaning glass.
Media[edit | edit source]