The Viper is a machine pistol of Grineer design issued to their Shield Lancers. It is the most portable weapon manufactured by the Grineer and boasts a high rate of fire and an extremely efficient magazine reload, but poor accuracy.
This weapon can be sold for 2,500; it is also a requisite ingredient for (x2) and .
- High damage – effective against shields.
- Good critical chance.
- Very fast reload speed.
- Tied with for fastest fire rate of all single-handed pistols.
- Can use the Viper-exclusive and mods.
- Innate polarity.
- Mediocre accuracy
- Low damage – less effective against armor.
- Low critical multiplier and status chance.
- Small magazine size.
- Combined with its very fast fire rate results in frequent reloading.
- Inefficient ammo economy.
- Viper (Normal), compared to Twin Vipers (Normal):
- Viper (Normal), compared to Viper Wraith (Normal):
- Lower base damage per projectile (17 vs. 18)
- Lower total damage (17 vs. 18)
- Lower base critical chance (15% vs. 19%)
- Lower base critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2x)
- Higher base status chance (11% vs. 9%)
- Lower average damage per shot (18.27 vs. 21.42)
- Lower burst DPS (262.79 vs. 308.02)
- Lower sustained DPS (152.88 vs. 195.54)
- Smaller magazine (14 round(s) vs. 20 round(s))
- Faster reload time (0.7 s vs. 0.8 s)
- Less accurate (15.4 vs. 28.6)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Higher disposition (1.45 vs. 1.4)
The Viper's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 75||Blueprints Price:20,000|
- Although it is not recommended for long range fighting, correctly aiming and tapping the trigger will expend 1-2 bullets at once, and you may get a decent critical or headshot rate by doing this.
- This may be done more comfortably by making a secondary keybind for firing on mouse wheel. It shall also allow to fire in a way Shield Lancers do.
- Using the mod can help regain lost ammo when needed. Alternatively, use aura or bring along Squad Ammo Restore.
- The Viper was released on the 18th of March, 2013 with Update 7.0 (2013-03-18).
- On the Viper's barrel, the word , which translates to "Viper" is inscribed in the Grineer Language. In earlier versions of the game this line of text was which translates to "Serberus", probably indicating an earlier name for the gun. The Viper's UI icon still shows a Viper with "Serberus" inscribed on it.
- The Viper(s) uniquely has a distinct sound when its trigger is released. This could be a mechanism used to stop the bullet feed or to halt the cyclic action.
- Until Update 17.0 (2015-07-31), Shield Lancers fired their Vipers in three-round bursts, a holdover from when Shield Lancers used to be equipped with the .
- , the Wraith counterpart.
- , the akimbo counterpart.
- , the Wraith akimbo counterpart.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|