- This mod can be acquired as a random end-of-mission reward for a successful Tier 1 Spy mission with all 3 Data Vaults hacked.
- Drop Locations:
|Mercury||Suisei||Spy||8 - 10||Grineer Galleon|
|Venus||Unda||Spy||4 - 6||Corpus Outpost|
|Earth||Cambria||Spy||2 - 4||Grineer Forest|
|Mars||Arval||Spy||9 - 11||Grineer Settlement|
|Phobos||Shklovsky||Spy||11 - 13||Corpus Ship|
- Originally this mod could be acquired from Operation Cryotic Front by scoring more than 1000 points in a single mission.
- Vicious Frost is additive with similar mods. For example, a with a max rank Vicious Frost and will have a 20% × (1 + 60% + 90%) = 50% status chance.
- Can be stacked with , , , , and for a 370% increase in Status Chance. On weapons with at least 22% base Status Chance, this allows them to achieve a total Status Chance value of 100%, allowing every strike to deal Status Effect procs.
- can further increase the Status Chance depending on the Melee Combo Counter
- All of the dual-stat event mods for melee weapons have names starting with the letter V.
- Vicious Frost was originally named Cold Touch before it was changed in Hotfix 14.5.2 (2014-09-03) to match the theme of having the Elemental Damage + Status Chance melee mods starting with the letter V.
- , the Toxin version from The Cicero Crisis.
- , the Electric version from Tethra's Doom.
- , the Heat version from Operation Breeding Grounds.
- , another mod that increases Status Chance.
- , a mod that increases Status Chance on lifted enemies.
- , an Acolyte mod that increases Status Chance based on the Melee Combo Counter.
- , a Nightmare mod that increases Status Chance and extends the duration of the Melee Combo Counter.
|Elemental Damage Mods|
|Rifle|| • • • |
( ) • •
|Shotgun|| • • • |
( ) •
|Pistol|| • • • • |
• ( )
|Melee|| • • • |
• • •
|Arch-Gun|| • • • |
|Arch-Melee|| • • • |
|Beast||• • •|