- Second highest base damage of all continuous and automatic sentinel weapons, behind and .
- Second highest status chance of all continuous and automatic sentinel weapons, behind .
- Highest fire rate of all continuous and automatic sentinel weapons.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- High magazine size.
- Kills create an extra corpse, synergizing with ' .
- Innate damage – less effective against Infested Flesh and Fossilized.
- Very low critical chance.
- Damage ramps up from 20% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 20% over 2 seconds.
- Fairly low reload speed.
- Limited range of 24 meters.
- Verglas has abnormally high damage-dealing potential for a sentinel weapon.
- Verglas benefits exceptionally well from as long as at least one of the damage mods - , , and - is equipped.
- Since Verglas is a beam weapon with such high status chance, it can rapidly proc causing large amounts of damage over time as well as reducing the enemies armor by up to 50%.
- The multiplicative nature of can increase the damage of the Verglas substantially.
- If trying to utilize , it is best to use all three damage mods for maximum bonus damage.
- The total damage of is shown by default, with the mod equipped, in the Verglas modding window. However, the total damage can still be calculated by multiplying the total damage on the Verglas by 1.6 (Overheat damage bonus is 60%).
- Verglas is a thin layer of ice, originating from the French word Verglas which means black ice i.e. clear ice.
- Upon release, Verglas Riven Mods were unveiled from Rifle Rivens as opposed to Companion Weapon Rivens; this was soon patched.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|