Ven'kra Tel is a special Grineer Field Boss unit first introduced in Operation Gate Crash and now regularly encountered in Orokin Sabotage missions where Grineer are the dominant enemy. She, along with Sprag, guard a Void Key necessary to close the Void Portal.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Jetpack: Ven'kra Tel possesses high maneuverability with her jetpack, and can perform a maneuver akin to Tail Wind that will knock players down.
- Vulkar: Ven'kra Tel takes aim using her Vulkar sniper rifle.
- Beacon Ven'kra Tel flies high into the air and direct a red laser beam at a Tenno. This will summon Grineer reinforcements that will specifically target the player it was aimed at.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Ven'kra Tel teams up with Sprag, using her long ranged attacks to supplement the latter's close-ranged abilities. Both are immune to damage on their entire bodies, with weakpoints specifically limited to their heads and jetpacks.
Other than dealing damage while carefully managing against the two Grineer, there is little in the way of strategy to the overall battle.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Arriving to Battle[edit | edit source]
- "Coming through that portal was a big mistake, Tenno."
- "You should have brought more Tenno. You don't have enough."
General[edit | edit source]
- "Patience Sprag. Killing requires patience."
- "Sprag, calm down. Remember, you must stay focused."
- "If you're not careful Tenno, my friend will break your back."
- "Sprag... wait for the right moment, then deliver the killing blow."
When Sprag is Defeated First[edit | edit source]
- "What have you done to her!?"
- "She will be remembered! Who will remember you, Tenno?"
Alone[edit | edit source]
- "One by one, that is how you die."
- "Are you willing to die for this key Tenno?"
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ven'kra often gives Sprag advice and tells her to have patience, and taunts the Tenno with menacing threats, suggesting that Ven'kra is the more experienced and intelligent of the pair.
- Her jetpack is treated as a unique weakspot that takes equal damage when dealt to her head.
- Ven'kra Tel, along with Sprag, cannot be Desecrated by Nekros.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ven'kra Tel's Codex entry shows her wearing a green jet pack identical to that of the Frontier Hellions.
- Her Vulkar is white. She and Sprag (with her red Manticore) were the first enemies to have weapons with different colors than the default.
- As of Update 18.5 neither Sprag nor Ven'kra Tel can be frozen. However, they can still be slowed with a Cold proc.
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Sprag, Ven'kra Tel's fellow mini boss.
- Operation: Gate Crash, the event in which she is encountered.