|Time: 12 hours|
|Market Price: 200||Blueprints Price: 15,000|
|Tenno Lab Research|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Lith/Meso/Neo/Axi refer to Void Relics
(V) Denotes Vaulted Void Relics
(B) Denotes Baro Ki'Teer Exclusive Void Relic
This weapon deals primarily Magnetic damage.
- Highest base damage of Archwing guns.
- Innate Magnetic damage, making it highly effective against Corpus shields.
- High critical hit chance.
- High status chance.
- Large magazine.
- Highest critical multiplier bonus ratio of all Archwing weapons
- Innate Punch Through on all shots, charged and uncharged.
- Fast reload rate.
- Slow rate of fire when charged.
- Projectile has travel time.
- Shots that are not fully charged will always deal the same damage no matter how close to being fully charged.
- See Category:Velocitus Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Velocitus Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Its blueprint can be researched and bought from the Tenno Research Lab in a clan dojo.
- All parts (Receiver, Stock & Barrel) can be found in Corpus Archwing Exterminate on Venus. The Receiver can also be found in Grineer Archwing Mobile Defense on Earth and Corpus Archwing Mobile Defense on Mars.
- The Velocitus is the first Archwing weapon whose blueprint is acquired from Clan Research (Tenno Laboratory). However, its component parts are still collected from Archwing missions.
- Can be fired instantly without charging, though it will deal less damage.
- Despite operating like a long range rifle, the Velocitus has no scope or magnification. Combined with projectile travel time, this makes sniping difficult.
- As the Velocitus already deals Magnetic innately, it can accept other combination elemental damage types that use Electric damage as a base. In particular, adding Radiation damage makes the Velocitus highly effective against Corpus spacecraft like the Gox that use both Shields and Robotic armor.
- When strafing fast moving targets, the Velocitus can be fired rapidly akin to a semi-automatic weapon like the Latron. While the resulting shots are less powerful than fully-charged shots, the larger number of shots fired are much better at hitting moving targets.
- Giving the fire key (default ) a secondary binding to the scrollwheel can allow for much faster rates of fire when shooting rapidly.
- The Velocitus is the first weapon that deals Magnetic as its base damage type.
- The Velocitus' name is derived from the word "Velocity". Velocity is the name for the vector: ds/dt, that is the change in position (ds) over the change in time (dt).
- When charging the weapon, five hatches emitting flames on the right side of the weapon open up sequentially until the last one is open, denoting a full charge. These hatches close when the weapon is fired.
|Archwing • Compare All|
|Archwings||Amesha • Elytron • Itzal • Odonata (Prime)|
|Arch-guns|| Corvas • Cyngas • Dual Decurion • Fluctus • Grattler|
Imperator ( Vandal) • Kuva Ayanga • Larkspur • Phaedra • Velocitus
|Arch-melees|| Agkuza • Centaur • Kaszas • Knux|
Onorix • Rathbone • Veritux ( Prisma)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.