The Velocitus is an Arch-gun chargeable gauss rifle that inflicts high damage, equally split between , , , and damage.
- Highest base damage of Arch-guns.
- Fully charged shots have the highest critical multiplier of all Arch-guns and the highest critical chance of all weapons in the game.
- Very high status chance.
- Innate punch through:
- Infinite against bodies in Archwing Mode.
- 5 meters in Atmospheric Mode.
- Projectiles ricochet off of walls in Archwing Mode, making it ideal for combat in closed spaces.
- High accuracy.
- Good ammo efficiency when used charged, generating relatively small cooldown for the Archgun Deployer for every second fired.
- No damage falloff in Archwing Mode.
- Innate damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Slow fire rate.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Shots that are not fully charged will always deal the same damage no matter how close to being fully charged.
- Fully charged shots cause a heavy recoiling effect that breaks zoom.
- Terrible ammo efficiency when spammed uncharged, generating very high cooldown for the Archgun Deployer for every second fired.
|Barrel||Cephalon Suda Offering|
|Receiver||Steel Meridian Offering|
|Stock||Red Veil Offering|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 200||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Tenno Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- Can be fired instantly without charging, though it will deal less damage.
- The best viable option for accelerating the firing rate of fully charged shots is .
- Despite operating as a long range rifle, the Velocitus has no scope or magnification. Combined with projectile travel time, this makes sniping difficult.
- Since Red Veil is opposed to Cephalon Suda, but allies with Steel Meridian (who are neutral to Cephalon Suda), the most efficient way to get all three components may be to just run missions/wear sigils for Steel Meridian until both them and Red Veil are the necessary ranks, then switching to Cephalon Suda for the third piece.
- For Velocitus in Empyrean missions, the flight speed is ~1500 m/s, the fall-off range is from ? m to 6000 m.
- As the Velocitus already deals innately, it can accept other combination elemental damage types that use damage as a base. In particular, adding damage makes the Velocitus highly effective against Corpus spacecraft like the Gox that have both Shields and Robotic health.
- When strafing fast moving targets, the Velocitus can be fired rapidly akin to a semi-automatic weapon like the . While the resulting shots are less powerful than fully-charged shots, the larger number of shots fired is much more effective at hitting moving targets.
- Giving the fire key (default ) a secondary binding to the scroll wheel can allow for much faster rates of fire when shooting rapidly.
- If you try to use this via your Archgun Deployer and are bothered by the recoil after every shot, a good tip is to double jump and fire during the jump animation. This will cause you to fire it just like a normal weapon without the recoil, and you won't have a hard landing afterwards.
- The Velocitus is the first Archwing weapon whose blueprint is acquired from Clan Research (Tenno Laboratory).
- The Velocitus is the first weapon that deals as its base damage type.
- The Velocitus' name is derived from the word "Velocity"; specifically, it is a corruption of the Latin spelling "velocitas". Velocity is the vector measurement of a change in distance over a change in time (). This not to be confused with speed, however, which is the scalar measurement of. In other words, velocity is speed with a particular direction associated with it.
- When charging the weapon, five hatches emitting flames on the right side of the weapon open up sequentially until the last one is open, denoting a full charge. These hatches close when the weapon is fired.
|Archwing • Compare All|
|Archwings||Amesha • Elytron • Itzal • Odonata (Prime)|
|Arch-guns||• • • ( ) • • • ( ) • • • • • •|
|Arch-melees||• • • • • • ( )|
|Research • Clan • Dojo|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|