The Vectis Prime is the Prime version of the sniper rifle, featuring higher base damage, fire rate, and zoom, and a doubled magazine, but with a higher combo count requirement. It was released alongside and Carrier Prime.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Third highest base damage of all sniper rifles, behind and , and highest base damage of all hit-scan sniper rifles.
- Tied with and for the second highest critical chance of all sniper rifles, behind .
- Tied with normal for the third highest status chance of all sniper rifles, behind and .
- Tied with for the third fastest fire rate of all sniper rifles, behind and .
- Fastest reload speed of all sniper rifles.
- Good ammo economy.
- Pinpoint accuracy while zoomed in; shots will hit exactly on the reticle dot, perfect for headshots.
- Innate 1 meter punch through.
- Two zoom modes:
- First zoom has 3.5x zoom distance and +40% headshot damage.
- Second zoom has 6.0x zoom distance and +60% headshot damage.
- Zoom is not cancelled during reload.
- Staggers most enemies with every hit.
- Innate and polarities.
- Good candidate for and/or due to its magazine size of two rounds, or one round with .
- Low damage – less effective against health.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 400m to 600m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Extremely low magazine size of just two rounds; requires frequent reloading.
- Tied with for the largest shot combo requirement of all sniper rifles.
- High recoil, which may make it difficult to fire a follow-up shot, especially at higher zoom levels.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Vectis Prime, compared to Vectis:
- Higher base damage (350 vs. 225)
- Higher critical chance (30% vs. 25%)
- Higher fire rate (2.67 rounds/sec vs. 1.5 rounds/sec)
- Larger magazine (2 rounds vs. 1 round)
- Faster reload speed (0.85 s vs. 1 s)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Higher Mastery Rank required (14 vs. 2)
- Lower disposition (0.85 vs. 1.05)
- Higher zoom distance (3.5x/6x vs. 3x/4.5x)
- Higher zoom headshot damage (40%/60% vs. 30%/50%)
Vectis Prime's main and component blueprints are acquired from the following Void Relics.
|Lith A1 Uncommon (V)
Neo A1 Uncommon (V)
Neo A4 Uncommon (V)
|Lith V7 Common (V)
Neo N1 Common (V)
Axi C1 Common (V)
Axi H1 Common (V)
Axi T1 Common (V)
|Meso V1 Rare (V)
Meso V6 Rare (V)
|Lith V8 Uncommon (V)|
Neo B1 Uncommon (V)
Axi V2 Rare (V)
Axi V3 Rare (V)
Axi V4 Rare (V)
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Vaultings[edit | edit source]
- On May 24th, 2017, it was announced that Vectis Prime, alongside and Carrier Prime, would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on May 30th, 2017. Any preexisting components or fully-built weapons will remain as is.
- On October 12th 2017, Vectis Prime was obtainable as a Twitch Drop reward with The Great Eidolon Hunt event.
- On October 16th, 2018, Vectis Prime, and an exclusive Sugatra were released as Twitch Prime benefits.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to the fact that it has two rounds per magazine instead of the Vectis' single round, and are less effective without the use of manual reloading.
- Manual reloading also cannot be optimally performed due to the recoil animation after the first shot, which prevents the performance of an immediate reload.
- This can be circumvented by using the mod, which reduces the magazine size of the Vectis Prime to 1, and increases reload speed (note, this alone will not affect reload delay, only the actual animation after the delay).
- However, this will slightly drop the weapon's DPS, due to the reload delay; a cursed riven, without fire rate or reload, will, in isolation, decrease it more strongly.
- The Vectis Prime has superior zoom capabilities to the Vectis, having a 6x maximum magnification compared to the Vectis' 4.5, while still maintaining a 3.5x minimum zoom for mid-range shooting.
- The Vectis Prime has the largest shot combo requirement of the sniper rifles, needing 5 shots to initiate the 1.5x damage multiplier.
|Combo Counter Bonus Tier||Total Base Damage Multiplier||Minimum Consecutive
Tips[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Vectis is Latin for "Bar" or "Pole", referring to a locking bar (or bolt), a leveraging bar such as a Crowbar, or possibly referring to a carrying pole. Or that it's supposed to be a bolt action rifle
- The Vectis Prime has a bipod, as opposed to the monopod on the normal Vectis. This might suggest that this rifle would be more precise and have less recoil because of the extra support from the bipod. It is purely cosmetic, however.
Media[edit | edit source]
Vectis Prime Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|