The Vectis is a high-powered, single-shot, breech-loading sniper rifle. Its single shot behavior provides a bolt-action feel. With significantly less zoom compared to other sniper rifles, it is much better suited for medium-range combat.
- High and damage - effective against armor and shields.
- High critical chance.
- Tied with for the third highest status chance of all sniper rifles, behind and .
- Second fastest reload speed of all sniper rifles, behind Vectis Prime.
- Good ammo economy.
- Pinpoint accuracy while zoomed in; shots will hit exactly on the reticle dot, perfect for headshots.
- Innate 1 meter punch through.
- Two zoom modes:
- First zoom has 3.0x zoom distance and +30% headshot damage.
- Second zoom has 4.5x zoom distance and +50% headshot damage.
- Zoom is not cancelled during reload.
- Innate polarity.
- Good candidate for and/or due to its magazine size of one round.
- Low damage – less effective against health.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 400m to 600m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Extremely low magazine size of one round; must reload after every shot.
- High recoil, which may make it difficult to fire a follow-up shot, especially at higher zoom levels.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Can over-consume nearby sniper ammo drops; a single shot can trigger the pickup and use of an ammo drop for one bullet vs waiting for the reload of an entire magazine to gain multiple bullets.
- Vectis (3x Zoom), compared to Vectis Prime (3.5x Zoom):
- Lower base damage per projectile (225 vs. 350)
- Lower total damage (225 vs. 350)
- Lower base critical chance (25.00% vs. 30.00%)
- Lower average damage per tap (281.25 vs. 455)
- Lower burst DPS (281.25 vs. 1214.85)
- Lower sustained DPS (140.62 vs. 638.80)
- Lower fire rate (1.5 vs. 2.67)
- Smaller magazine (1 vs. 2)
- Slower reload time (1 vs. 0.85)
- Less polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (2 vs. 14)
- Higher disposition (●●●○○ (1.10x) vs. ●●○○○ (0.85x))
- Lower zoom distance (3x/4.5x vs. 3.5x/6x)
- Lower zoom headshot damage (30%/50% vs. 40%/60%)
The Vectis's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 250||Blueprints Price:40,000|
- Unlike other sniper rifles, such as the or the , the Vectis can reload while zoomed in, allowing for continuous shots without having to re-sight the target.
- The Vectis has to reload after each shot, which resembles the way a bolt-action sniper rifle works in other shooters.
- Cannot use .
- Vectis requires only 2 shots to activate its Shot Combo Counter, giving it an immediate 1.5x total damage bonus on the first hit if Multishot mods like trigger a 2nd shot that also lands on the target.
- Equipping and/or provides a bonus damage on every shot, since technically every round is the first of the single-round magazine.
- Due to reloading after every shot (or every 2 shots if using Wildfire and Magazine Warp), improving the reload speed will be of more use than fire rate.
- A magazine size of 2 can be reached by equipping both a max rank and a max rank .
- The Vectis automatically reloads once the weapon finishes its recoil animation. However pressing the reload key immediately after each shot can start the reload early. With practice, this method can shorten the downtime between shots significantly.
- Despite the fact that this came in last place in the Primary Weapon Content Development poll held in the Design Council, it has come out before the , which had come in second place (the was the primary weapon that came in first place in that poll).
- There is some contention in regards to how the Vectis' action works, but it appears to be classifiable as a breach-loading, single-shot rifle.
- The weapon apparently fires caseless rounds.
- When reloading, the Tenno appears to insert something (likely a new round) into the receiver of the Vectis. The rear portion of the upper assembly appears to automatically rise after firing. The Tenno will smack this assembly down after loading the round.
- The series of hoops along the top of the rifle are a sighting system, but how it works is not obvious, suggesting a sensor and neural link is used to provide zoom.
- The Vectis is the first true Tenno-made sniper rifle, the others being made by either the Corpus or the Grineer.
- Vectis is Latin for "Bar" or "Pole", referring to a locking bar (or bolt), a leveraging bar such as a Crowbar, or possibly referring to a carrying pole.
- When was first introduced, equipping it on the Vectis would reduce the magazine size to zero, causing the Vectis to draw directly from its ammo reserves and allowing it to fire very quickly. This was fixed in Hotfix 17.0.3 (2015-08-04); now the Vectis is the only sniper rifle unaffected by the mod's penalty.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|