- The Vaykor Sydon can be acquired by reaching the Rank of General with Steel Meridian, and spending 125,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Vaykor Sydon cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to General rank.
- Syndicate weapons can be also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma and Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 8 to acquire the Vaykor Sydon, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Highest Puncture damage of all melee weapons – effective against armor.
- Slam attacks have innate Blast damage – effective against Machinery and Fossilized.
- Good critical chance.
- Very high status chance.
- Second highest attack speed of all polearms, behind Cassowar and Orthos Prime.
- Long reach.
- Blocking 15 attacks and Channeling the weapon emits a Radial Blind, blinding all enemies with 15 meters for 5 seconds.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Shimmering Blight stance.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Impact and no Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Slam Attacks have innate Blast damage – less effective against Ferrite Armor and Infested Sinew.
- Vaykor Sydon, compared to Sydon:
- Blocking attacks with the Vaykor Sydon generates charges, up to 15. Once at 15 charges, Channeling the weapon emits a Radial Blind, blinding enemies within 15 meters for 5 seconds.
- Players gain bonus 50% chance to resist Knockdown or knockback when wielding the Vaykor Sydon.
- When in a squad, using Guardian Derision allows players to attract aggro, making collecting charges easier.
- Releasing the blind causes the player to momentarily stand still, similar to when Excalibur casts Radial Blind. This can be counteracted by performing maneuvers to release the charged blind instead of simply releasing block.
- It's highly suggested to use a durable frame when planning on extensively using the Radial Blind feature.
- The weapon's Radial Blind feature synergizes well with Inaros' innate lifesteal as blinded enemies are opened up to finishers.
- The concept for the radial blind effect of the Vaykor Sydon was designed by players Tourach and taiiat.
Vaykor Sydon Skins
Last updated:Hotfix 18.104.22.168
- Sydon, the standard variant.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.