- The Vaykor Sydon can be acquired by reaching the Rank of General with Steel Meridian, and spending 125,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Vaykor Sydon cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to General rank.
- Syndicate weapons can be also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma and Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 8 to acquire the Vaykor Sydon, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Highest Puncture damage of all melee weapons – effective against armor.
- Tied with Orthos Prime for the second highest critical chance of all polearms, behind Guandao.
- Tied with Kesheg for the highest critical multiplier of all polearms.
- Third highest status chance of all polearms, behind Orthos Prime and Lesion.
- Second fastest attack speed of all polearms, behind Cassowar/Orthos Prime.
- Blocking attacks grants charges. Blocking and Heavy Attacking simultaneously at 15 charges emits a Radial Blind, blinding all enemies with 15 meters for 5 seconds.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Shimmering Blight stance.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Impact and no Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Damage cannot be increased with Slash mods.
- Vaykor Sydon, compared to Sydon:
- Blocking attacks with the Vaykor Sydon generates charges, up to 15. Once at 15 charges, Blocking and Heavy Attacking simultaneously consumes the charges to emit a Radial Blind, blinding enemies within 15 meters for 5 seconds.
- The number of charges gained is displayed on the HUD beside the player's health as a Steel Meridian icon. The tip of the weapon also glows brighter as more charges are collected.
- Attempting to Block+Heavy Attack without having 15 charges will perform the animation and consume the charges for no effect.
- Blind radius is affected by ( Primed) Reach.
- Nullifier Crewman fields prevent enemies from being blinded.
- Players gain bonus 50% chance to resist Knockdown or knockback when wielding the Vaykor Sydon.
- When in a squad, using Guardian Derision allows players to attract aggro, making collecting charges easier.
- Releasing the blind causes the player to momentarily stand still, similar to when Excalibur casts Radial Blind.
- It's highly suggested to use a durable frame when planning on extensively using the Radial Blind feature.
- The weapon's Radial Blind feature synergizes well with Inaros' innate lifesteal as blinded enemies are opened up to finishers.
- The concept for the radial blind effect of the Vaykor Sydon was designed by players Tourach and taiiat.
Vaykor Sydon Skins
Last updated: Update 26.0
- Sydon, the standard variant.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.