The Vaykor Sydon is the Syndicate variant of the , available from Steel Meridian. It has the unique ability to store charges when blocking, which can be released as a once full by simultaneously blocking and performing a Heavy Attack while in full melee mode (default holding ).
- Highest damage of all melee weapons – effective against armor.
- Fourth highest critical chance of all polearms, behind , and .
- Tied with for the highest critical multiplier of all polearms.
- Third highest status chance of all polearms, behind and .
- Second fastest attack speed of all polearms, behind and .
- Blocking attacks grants charges. Blocking and Heavy Attacking simultaneously at 15 charges emits a , blinding all enemies with 15 meters for 5 seconds.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches stance.
- Innate polarity.
- Low and no damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Vaykor Sydon (Normal Attack), compared to Sydon (Normal Attack):
- Lower base damage per projectile (213 vs. 225)
- Lower total damage (213 vs. 225)
- Higher base critical chance (21.00% vs. 10.00%)
- Higher base critical multiplier (2.5x vs. 2.0x)
- Higher base status chance (33.00% vs. 25.00%)
- Higher average damage per tap (280.09 vs. 247.5)
- Higher burst DPS (302.50 vs. 226.95)
- Higher sustained DPS (302.50 vs. 226.95)
- Higher attack speed (1.08 vs. 0.91)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (11 vs. 5)
- Lower disposition (●●●●○ (1.30x) vs. ●●●●● (1.35x))
- The Vaykor Sydon can be acquired by reaching the Rank of General with Steel Meridian, and spending 125,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Vaykor Sydon cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to General rank.
- Syndicate weapons can be also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma and Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 11 to acquire the Vaykor Sydon, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
- Blocking attacks with the Vaykor Sydon generates charges, up to 15. Once at 15 charges, Blocking and Heavy Attacking simultaneously consumes the charges to emit a , blinding enemies within 15 meters for 5 seconds.
- The number of charges gained is displayed on the HUD beside the player's health as a Steel Meridian icon. The tip of the weapon also glows brighter as more charges are collected.
- Attempting to Block+Heavy Attack without having 15 charges will perform the animation and consume the charges for no effect.
- Blind radius is affected by ( ) .
- Nullifier Crewman fields prevent enemies from being blinded.
- Players gain bonus 50% chance to resist Knockdown or knockback when wielding the Vaykor Sydon.
- When in a squad, using allows players to attract aggro, making collecting charges easier.
- However, activating the Radial Blind will expend the entire combo counter. Players can counteract this by using mods that improve melee combo efficiency, such as and .
- Releasing the blind causes the player to momentarily stand still, similar to when casts .
- It's highly suggested to use a durable frame when planning on extensively using the Radial Blind feature.
- The weapon's Radial Blind feature synergizes well with ' innate lifesteal as blinded enemies are opened up to finishers.
- The concept for the radial blind effect of the Vaykor Sydon was designed by players Tourach and taiiat.
Vaykor Sydon Skins
Last updated: Update 26.0 (2019-10-31)
Lua error in Module:Weapons/nav at line 82: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil).