The Vaykor Sydon is the Syndicate variant of the Sydon, available from Steel Meridian. It has the unique ability to store charges when blocking, which can be released as a Radial Blind once full by simultaneously blocking and performing a Heavy Attack while in full melee mode (default holding ).
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- The Vaykor Sydon can be acquired by reaching the Rank of General with Steel Meridian, and spending 125,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Vaykor Sydon cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to General rank.
- Syndicate weapons can be also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma and Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 11 to acquire the Vaykor Sydon, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Highest Puncture damage of all melee weapons – effective against armor.
- Third highest critical chance of all polearms, behind Orthos Prime and Guandao.
- Tied with Kesheg for the highest critical multiplier of all polearms.
- Third highest status chance of all polearms, behind Orthos Prime and Lesion.
- Second fastest attack speed of all polearms, behind Cassowar and Orthos Prime.
- Blocking attacks grants charges. Blocking and Heavy Attacking simultaneously at 15 charges emits a Radial Blind, blinding all enemies with 15 meters for 5 seconds.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Shimmering Blight stance.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Impact and no Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Damage cannot be increased with Slash mods.
- Vaykor Sydon, compared to Sydon:
- Lower base damage (213.0 vs. 225.0)
- Higher critical chance (21% vs. 10%)
- Higher critical multiplier (2.5x vs. 2.0x)
- Higher status chance (33% vs. 25%)
- Higher attack speed (1.08 vs. 0.92)
- Different polarities ( vs. None)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (11 vs. 5)
- Lower disposition (1.1 vs. 1.15)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Blocking attacks with the Vaykor Sydon generates charges, up to 15. Once at 15 charges, Blocking and Heavy Attacking simultaneously consumes the charges to emit a Radial Blind, blinding enemies within 15 meters for 5 seconds.
- The number of charges gained is displayed on the HUD beside the player's health as a Steel Meridian icon. The tip of the weapon also glows brighter as more charges are collected.
- Attempting to Block+Heavy Attack without having 15 charges will perform the animation and consume the charges for no effect.
- Blind radius is affected by ( Primed) Reach.
- Nullifier Crewman fields prevent enemies from being blinded.
- Players gain bonus 50% chance to resist Knockdown or knockback when wielding the Vaykor Sydon.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When in a squad, using Guardian Derision allows players to attract aggro, making collecting charges easier.
- Releasing the blind causes the player to momentarily stand still, similar to when Excalibur casts Radial Blind.
- It's highly suggested to use a durable frame when planning on extensively using the Radial Blind feature.
- The weapon's Radial Blind feature synergizes well with Inaros' innate lifesteal as blinded enemies are opened up to finishers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The concept for the radial blind effect of the Vaykor Sydon was designed by players Tourach and taiiat.
Media[edit | edit source]
Vaykor Sydon Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Sydon, the standard variant.