Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Very high base damage.
- High damage – effective against shields.
- Very high status chance.
- Good critical chance.
- Very good ammunition efficiency.
- Innate Justice effect.
- Can use the Marelok-exclusive mod.
- Innate and polarity.
- Vaykor Marelok, compared to Marelok:
- Equal base damage, but different composition:
- Higher critical chance (20% vs. 15%)
- Higher status chance (35% vs. 30%)
- Larger magazine (10 rounds vs. 6 rounds)
- Innate Justice effect
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Higher Mastery Rank required (10 vs. 7)
- Lower disposition (1.1 vs. 1.2)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- The Vaykor Marelok can be acquired by reaching the Rank of General with Steel Meridian, and spending 100,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Vaykor Marelok cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to General rank.
- Syndicate weapons can also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma or Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 10 to acquire the Vaykor Marelok, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Vaykor Marelok is a great side arm for dealing with enemies at short to mid range for players who have a sniper rifle or bow for their primary weapon. Vaykor Marelok's firepower is strong enough to be considered a sub-primary weapon.
- In order to reach the full fire-rate, one must fire the next shot just before the "lever-action" animation is completed.
- The innate polarity can somewhat limit elemental modding potential, thus making it a less desirable polarity for elemental modding. If you wish to focus more on elemental damage, then it is recommended to either ignore the polarity or use Forma to turn it into a more suitable polarity.
- However, the high status chance can actually make the weapon proc very often, making a very easy way to slow down enemies.
- Alternatively, can be placed into this slot to further boost the status chance.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to update 15.13, you were unable to alter the cyan Energy color.
- When stolen by the Drahk Master, as with all Syndicate weapons it reverts to its original variant's skin (The default Marelok) when left on the ground.
- The Vaykor Marelok skin returns once picked back up.
- Unlike the other five Syndicate weapons, the word 'vaykor' appears to not be a derivative word or have any meaning. Although, there is a possibility it is a Grineer corruption of the word "valor."
- The Vaykor Marelok was the first item to have the "Vaykor" prefix, with the Vaykor Syandana following second.
Media[edit | edit source]
Vaykor Marelok Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- , the original this weapon is based on.
- , the rifle counterpart of Marelok.
- Steel Meridian, the Syndicate that offers this weapon.
- Syndicate Weapons
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.