The Vaykor Hek is a Hek variant available only from Steel Meridian. Boasting double the magazine capacity of the base variant, a faster rate of fire, and an increased critical chance, the Vaykor Hek also comes with an innate Justice effect. It does, however, take slightly longer to reload than the base variant.
- The Vaykor Hek can be acquired by reaching the Rank of General with Steel Meridian, and spending 125,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Vaykor Hek cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to General rank.
- Syndicate weapons can also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma and Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 12 to acquire the Vaykor Hek, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against armor.
- Very high critical chance.
- Very high overall status chance.
- Tied with normal Hek and Corinth for the narrowest pellet spread of all shotguns.
- Good magazine size.
- Innate Justice effect.
- Innate and polarities.
- Low Impact and Slash damage – less effective against shields and Flesh.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 26.67% from 10m to 25m target distance (distances are affected by projectile flight speed).
- High recoil.
- Moderately slow reload speed.
- Cannot use the Hek-exclusive Scattered Justice mod.
- Vaykor Hek, compared to Hek:
- Higher critical chance (25% vs. 10.7%)
- Lower status chance (10.7% vs. 10.71%)
- Higher fire rate (3 rounds/sec vs. 2.17 rounds/sec)
- Longer range before damage falloff ends (25m vs. 20m)
- Smaller max damage reduction due to falloff (73.33% vs. 80%)
- Larger magazine (8 rounds vs. 4 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (2.25 s vs. 2 s)
- Innate Justice effect
- Different polarities ( vs. None)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (12 vs. 4)
- Lower disposition (1.1 vs. 1.2)
- The Vaykor Hek has over double the critical potential of the normal Hek. This, combined with more rounds per magazine and a higher fire rate, means the Vaykor variant is more viable for a critical oriented build, and more powerful overall even with Hek's extra multishot afforded by Scattered Justice.