Updates are occasional patches and add-ons or removal of information and/or features of a game.
The following updates are for WARFRAME Version 27:
|Empyrean||U27.0 • H27.0.1 • H27.0.2 • H27.0.3 • H27.0.4 • H27.0.5 • H27.0.6 • H22.214.171.124 • H27.0.7 • H27.0.8 • H27.0.9 • H27.0.10 • H27.0.11 • H126.96.36.199 • H188.8.131.52 • H184.108.40.206 • H27.0.12 • H220.127.116.11 • U27.1.0 • H18.104.22.168 • H27.1.1|
|Updates Collapse AllExpand All|
|Closed Beta||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6|
|Open Beta||7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16 • 17 • 18 • 19 • 20 • 21 • 22 • 23 • 24 • 25 • 26 • 27|
February 11th, 2020 Forum Post - Prime Vault
- PRIME VAULT
Oberon and Nekros. Two forces in eternal balance have emerged from the Prime Vault with their signature Prime Weapons, Accessories, and more!
Find their Relics in the Void or Bounty rewards today!
Or check out the Prime Vault program here: https://www.warframe.com/prime-vault
Vauban Prime and Ash Prime, as well as their signature Prime Weapons, Accessories, have reentered the Prime Vault and have been removed from the drop tables.
- If you already wield the power of these Primes or have their Relics in your Inventory, they will remain after the Vaulting.
Upcoming Ducat Price Changes: We have a heads up regarding coming changes to a couple Vaulted Prime part rarities and their Ducat prices. In order to give you plenty of notice for these changes, we will not change these until next week at the earliest (February 18th week). https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1167890-psa-upcoming-ducat-price-changes/
- NIGHTWAVE INTERMISSION II TIER EXPANSION
The next Nightwave Series, Glassmaker, is in development! While Glassmaker work continues, Intermission II is reaching (or perhaps has already reached for some) its maximum Prestige Rank 60. In order for those who have prestiged to Rank 60 to have Intermission II Creds to spend in the Cred Offerings store, more Prestige Ranks must be given. Thus we have increased the maximum prestige Ranks to 90!
Hotdropped live on all platforms:
- Fixed inability to trade a Converted Kuva Lich if you currently have an active Kuva Lich.
- Kuva Lich Changes & Fixes
- Kuva weapon innate bonus damage values now show when you are equipping the weapon in the Arsenal!
- Removed the Kuva Bramma from Conclave eligibility due to not being Conclave balanced yet.
- Fixed Kuva Larvlings downed by Warframe abilities not displaying their Kuva weapon above their head. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1166045-killing-a-larvling-with-abilities-prevents-the-weapon-ui-from-showing-investigating/
- Fixed Ally Kuva Liches having the Enthrall ability and Enthralling Tenno factions like Defense Consoles, Sentinels, etc.
- Fixed inability to Vanquish/Convert your Kuva Lich if a player in the mission is dead.
- Fixes towards diminished Health on a Kuva Lich not being maintained after a Host migration occurs.
- Fixes towards Kuva Liches spawning midair in the Jupiter Gas City tileset and falling forever into teleport volumes.
- Fixed cases of default Corpus enemies spawning in a Kuva Lich controlled Jupiter Gas City Spy, Sabotage, or Rescue mission once the Objective has been reached.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a Host migrated while a Kuva Lich was downed.
- Railjack Changes & Fixes
- The Railjack Payload screen will now show the total Ordnance Ammo you have in your account when you're in the Dry Dock, to make it clear that you aren't wasting anything if you craft more than your Railjack can carry.
- Fixed ability to spawn Crewships almost indefinitely, resulting in exploitive Intrinsic farming.
- Fixed getting a black screen after exiting the Railjack while Transferring to the Operator at the same time.
- Fixed inability to Scrap the Fiery Phoenix Battle Avionic due to the description exceeding the screen limits.
- Fixed an invisible blocking volume when a Clan Hall is placed just below the Drydock
- Fixes towards a script error after returning to the Dry Dock from a Railjack mission.
- Fixed a lengthy hitch when switching Loadouts in the Railjack Navigation panel.
You can now access Ivara’s Leverian when viewing Ivara Prime in the Codex. Updated the Warframe crash handler to provide clarity for what the crash handler is requesting of you.Fixes:
- Fixed inability to complete a Mobile Defense mission due to Datamasses disappearing if a Host migration occured.
- Fixed Shade’s Ghost Precept Mod not cloaking you in invisibility.
- Fixed Host and Clients not appearing in the correct position while inside a streaming tunnel (Railjack, gates of Cetus, etc).
- Fixed Ivara’s Prex Card appearing overly stretched when viewed in the Codex Fragments section.
- Fixed Kuva Bramma explosion and projectile sounds being too loud for non local players.
- Fixed Gorgaricus Spores not falling correctly after the sac is shot.
- Fixed an issue where Clients would be unable to hit Gorgaricus sacs in some cases.
- Fixed equipping Regalia on one side of your Kubrow applying to both sides, resulting in a Regalia overlap. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1166139-double-emblememblem-copy/
- We're working on fixing this issue for Kavats.
- Fixed the Left Hulta Leg Guard being offset when equipped on Hydroid Prime. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1165714-hydroid-severe-offset/
- Fixed Chat Linked Mods not displaying correctly when setting Menu Scale to the minimum.
- Fixes towards a case of Mods appearing obscured in the Arsenal once returning from a Mission.
- Fixed the Codex displaying a broken Requiem Mod after returning from a Mission.
- Fixed some filepath Tips on the Mission load screen.
- Fixed <archwing> text appearing in the Arsenal stats when comparing an Archwing.
- Fixes towards numerous Glyphs not propagating when searching keywords in the Profile > Glyph screen.
- Fixed spotloading the Vitruvian UI Theme when you do not have it set and we want to use it for a specific screen (IE: the actual Vitruvian).
- Fixed a rare case where Warframe might crash while attempting to report another crash.
- Fixed a crash when attempting a Conclave match via Dedicated Server.
- Fixed a script error when casting numerous Warframe abilities.
- Fixed a script error when joining a mission while someone is Fishing.
- Fixed a script error when Upgrading Mods.
February 4th, 2020 Forum Post
- Kuva Lich Fixes
- Fixed a script error if you viewed a Kuva Lich or Parazon Modding screen with 3 known Requiems.
- Fixed the KUVA HIND and KUVA NUKOR names being replaced by KUVA SHILDEG in languages other than English.
- Fixed a crash when aiming with Quatz (possibly other similar weapons that change fire mode on aim) and switching weapons while Mirage Hall of Mirrors is active.
- Fixed the Cautious Shot Mod stacking each time you enter/exit Titania’s Razorwing.
- Fixed Hildryn’s Balefire charged shots not displaying "Drain per Shot" and "Damage" for charged shots when viewed in the Arsenal.
- Fixed Hildryn’s Balefire Surge Augment triggering when hitting allies.
- Fixed Baruuk’s Reactive Storm Augment resetting the Status Chance back to non-Augmented values after a direct punch to someone.
- Fixed Client unable to see blue bubble FX from Sanctuary and Shelter Mods.
- Fixed the Lanx Codex diorama appearing very dark.
February 4th, 2020 Forum Post
- 2020 Kuva-vision
The birth of the very first Kuva Lich came just over 3 months ago (October 31 2019)! A copious amount of Additions, Changes, and Fixes have been made in these 3 months; each one of them touching the surface of feedback, but not fully reaching all the way into the depths. Today, that changes!
If you watched Devstream #136, the 2019 Player Survey showed us that out of the 27,000+ responses, the Kuva Lich system was the 2019 addition that was enjoyed the least. Many players voiced that the Kuva Lich system got progressively less fun the more time and energy was devoted to it. While finding the line between repetition and progress is one Warframe has struggled with since it’s first day, Liches highlighted some issues we aim to address while walking that line.
Let’s get to the meaty changes shall we?
1. The Kuva Larvling Who Lived Starting from the very beginning of Kuva Lich conception brings us to Kuva Larvlings. Kuva Larvlings will now play a key role in determining your future relationship with your Kuva Lich.
A downed Kuva Larvling will now display an icon of the Kuva weapon that it’s birthed Kuva Lich will possess! This allows players to decide upfront if they want to pursue that weapon by finishing the downed Kuva Larvling, or to ignore and attempt another Lich. The Kuva Larvling will be in this downed state for a max of 30 seconds before it perishes. As an added benefit to completing the mission even if you choose NOT to kill the Kuva Larvling, a downed Kuva Larvling will grant 100 Kuva on End of Mission.
2. Breaking Your Back for Knowledge The first time my Kuva Lich cracked my back like celery I knew I’d have to settle the score. But, over time- and 100 back-cracks and deaths later- Parazon Requiem Attempts started to feel overly negative. To alleviate some of that back pain, we’ve prioritized knowledge over chiropractic methods:
Your Kuva Lich will no longer kill you when you fail a Requiem guess, nor will they attempt to break your back. The Parazon stabbing animation will play but the UI will show whether it was a success or failure. Upon receiving a Requiem fail, your Kuva Lich will laugh at you and leave, leaving your back and dignity intact!
3. Valence FUSION First introduced in 26.0.6, Valence Transfer, now re titled Valence Fusion for clarity, was designed to address owning duplicate Kuva weapons with different unique innate damage bonuses. Giving you the ability to replace a Kuva weapons innate damage bonus (plus investments like Forma, Focus Lens etc) with one from another Kuva weapon was a good start, but we can push this even further!
Valence Fusion now also boosts your Kuva weapons innate damage bonus. Examples:
- Your Kuva Kohm with 25% damage can be fed into your 40% weapon, to make it 44%
- Your Kuva Kohm with 40% damage can be fed into your 25% weapon, to make it 44%
- Your Kuva Kohm with 25% damage can be fed into your 44% weapon, to make it 48.4%
Your Kuva weapon duplicates now offer a gradual progression towards a “perfect” Kuva weapon, which would reflect a 60% damage value, if you choose to pursue this path.
We’re also looking at other places we could potentially use this mechanic (Railjack, etc)!
As you can see, we’ve cracked a few eggs to make this omelette! We look forward to your feedback on these Kuva Lich changes!
- PS: It matters which order you Valence Fuse them in. The weapon that you START from, the one where you click "Actions", is the one that will be kept with its investments.
- Clarification on ‘Abandoning Liches’: We have removed the prototype for this for now, because rather than not fixing the core loop and just letting a Lich be banished, we intend to focus on the core loop first.
- Comment on Murmur hunting - There are some questions about Murmur hunting that are outside the scope of this hotfix, but we will be reviewing in the coming weeks once the above changes are settled in.
- NEW KUVA WEAPONS
KUVA HIND (variant) This powerful Grineer burst rifle has been retrofitted to add semi-automatic and automatic fire modes.
KUVA NUKOR (variant) A highly-optimized Nukor that allows for the weapon’s microwave field to hit up to four additional targets.
KUVA BRAMMA (new) This Grineer bow delivers vengeance in the form of cluster bomb-tipped arrows that can be detonated mid-air or on impact.
- Converted Kuva Lich Changes
Converted Liches have been criticized for their lack of endurance and firepower. They don’t use their abilities, and leave a weak impression.
- Increased Converted Kuva Lich minimum time to 2 minutes.
- Increased Converted Kuva Lich Damage Per Second with damage bonus upgrade 3x.
- Fixed Converted Kuva Liches not using their abilities.
- General Kuva Lich Changes & Fixes
- Doubled the chance of a Kuva Lich to have a Vengeful Ephemera from 10% to 20%!
- Known Requiem/attempts now also appear in your Parazon Upgrade screen!
- Changed all Kuva Thrall markers to consistently reflect the new icon brought in 27.0.11. This includes the minimap and when waypointing a Kuva Thrall.
- Kuva pickup/rewards are now displayed as the fancy banner UI, similar to Argon.
- Kuva Liches can no longer be Parazon stabbed as they are escaping. This resulted in invisible animations, and the UI unveiling if your *Requiem Mod guess was correct but not registering it, thus not ranking up your Kuva Lich.
- Cleaned up visual metal chunks from the Kuva Liches Carapace (Iron Skin) ability.
- You can now search the Kuva Lich History Codex section by name, Kuva weapon, and Ephemera.
- Fixed Lich ‘Ruse’ clones displaying the default Excalibur Helmet on their shoulder instead of the same Warframe Helmet as their owner.
- Fixed Nidus Helmet Armor not appearing grayscale on Kuva Liches.
- Fixed certain enemy types being allowed to be spawned as Kuva Thralls that shouldn't be.
- Fixed cases of the Kuva Lich ping-ponging between locations when engaging its target.
- Fixed script error when changing resolution while in the Kuva Lich screen.
- IVARA SKATHI SKIN
From the darkest forest, a striking new huntress takes aim. Also includes an alternative appearance for the Artemis Bow.
- IVARA SKATHI COLLECTION
Take aim with this striking collection of Ivara Skathi items. Includes the Ivara Skathi Skin, Dali Ballistica Skin and the Thiazi Syandana.
- New Warframe Augments (at max rank)
Garuda - Bloodletting Augment: Bloodforge
- Garuda's equipped weapon is reloaded up to 100%.
Baruuk - Lull Augment: Endless Lullaby
- Performing a finisher on a sleeping enemy will retrigger Lull for 100% of the remaining duration. Passive: +50% Lull Duration.
Baruuk - Serene Storm Augment: Reactive Storm
- Desert Wind is granted +35% Status Chance and changes its damage type to match enemy weaknesses.
Hildryn - Balefire Augment: Balefire Surge
- Fully charged shots restore 250 Shields to Hildryn. Impact with Nullifier Shields will destroy them and restore 750 Shield.
- CORBU SHAWZIN
Shape intricate melodies with this geometric Shawzin.
A note from our Sound Team: “We recorded many different real guitars to make this electric guitar Shawzin sound heavy. The sounds are a result of blending these different guitar tones together. Each of the notes has a couple of different variations so when you play it, it will sound like a realistic electric guitar.”Additions:
Drusus has a tale to tell! Visit the new Ivara Leverian to learn more and find her Prex card! You can find the Leverian in the Market or Codex when viewing Ivara! Railjack Changes & Fixes:
- Omni tool is now available as a Gear item in your Inventory (Archwing Quest completion required)! This allows you to place the Omni tool in your preferred Gear spot for quick access!
- If you forget to equip the Omni tool in your Gear upon entering a Railjack mission it will still be given to you for the mission.
- Increased maximum power for Zekti Predator Avionic to 80%, from 72%
- This Avionic was slightly under-performing its cheaper Vidar equivalent.
- ‘Show Equipped’ will now show ranked Avionics that are equipped even when ‘Show Ranked’ is disabled.
- Hijacked Crewships now start the reactor meltdown sequence when they reach zero health.
- Ordnance weapon icons now become translucent while in cooldown, and will reflect a timer icon to better indicate it’s current cooldown state.
- Changed Railjack Engine Component rating stats from Kilometers Per Hour to Meters Per Second to be consistent in the equipped stats.
- Fixed Railjack Speed stat showing a higher number than your in-game movement speed.
- This fix needs some explanation. First of all, a bit of trivia, Railjack operates at a different scale than the rest of Warframe. Perhaps some of you have seen space-time breaking down in the form of truly enormous cats... The Speed that was being shown in the drydock in your ship Stats was in the wrong scale and gave numbers that were inaccurate. This also caused the bonus given by your engine, displayed in kilometers-per-hour, to be wrong: an engine might say that it gave an extra 30km per hour, but give far far more than that in the Stats if you did the math to convert. This has been fixed so that: 1) your Stats now show the correct Speed for Railjack's world scale, and, 2) your engines are rated in meters per second which matches up to the Stats. While it may look like your ship's Speed stat in the drydock has gone down significantly, please try flying around in missions and see how your ship handles. This only fixes how the UI reports the numbers in your Stats. No change to how fast your ship actually moves is intended, and if your ship doesn't fly at the meters-per-second shown in the Stats then it should be carefully measured and reported as a bug.
- Fixed the Railjack Forward Artillery not damaging Crewships past their engines. You should find that the Forward Artillery hits harder and your shot isn’t wasted on just destroying the Crewship engines!
- Fixed Crewships not recovering after becoming disabled by your Railjack guns.
- Fixed Railjack Host being able to use Navigation before the mission is complete and Clients inability to use Navigation at all when launched from the Dry Dock.
- For clarification, the correct functionality is Host and Client can use Railjack Navigation after mission complete and neither can use Navigation before mission complete.
- Fixed enemy Captains spawning in the “Asteroid Base Commander” POI and Commanders spawning in the "Kill the Galleon Captain" POI.
- Fixed Galvarc Missile Launcher not functioning for Clients.
- Fixed Fiery Phoenix not becoming disabled when Flux Energy reaches 0.
- Fixed full ranked Flow Burn not being upgraded further when placed into a max rank Grid.
- Fixed Battle Avionics remaining disabled for Clients after Railjack is repaired from Critical Breach.
- Fixed Dome Charges being consumed when a Client enters the Forward Artillery, regardless of actually firing the BFG.
- Fixed issue where Clients would see Forward Artillery reload multiple times while waiting for Host to put Dome Charges in the weapon.
- Fixed Clients not seeing Shatter Burst Battle Avionic explosion FX.
- Fixed Clients not seeing the missile created by Shatter Burst/Void Hole.
- Fixed being left out in space if you were aboard a Crewship when it despawns due to mission completion.
- Fixed cases of losing the Railjack Forge UI if you attempted to activate it while sliding.
- Fixed Railjack Ammunition and supplies that were spent during a mission not saving at the end of mission.
- Fixed losing custom Railjack Skin/Colors if a Host migration occurred and you were the last remaining player.
- Fixed Railjack Avionic/Salvage pickups sometimes not showing distance markers.
- Fixed the camera breaking when Warping to another player while in the Archwing Slingshot.
- Fixed Tactical Menu Chase Camera to better reflect the view of the player’s camera.
- Fixed Dry Dock creating a blocking volume in a room that is built below it.
- Fixed issues with selecting Veil/Saturn Proxima nodes when using the controller.
- Fixed cooldown bar on Railjack Ordnance burst-fire weapons emptying and not start filling until after the laser's done firing, instead of when you initially fire.
- Fixed Railjack Tactical Avionics cooldown tooltip information not applying Intrinsic cooldown reductions from Tactical Response and Swift Tactics.
- Fixed Void Cloak cooldown timer not updating when viewing in the Tactical Menu.
- Fixed Upgraded Avionics not showing their proper description and stats, such as being Ranked vs Unranked.
Optimizations for the Kuva Fortress tileset. This includes cleaning up wasteful materials, abusive lighting, volumetrics, overdrawn meshes and much more. More optimizations to come!
- Made micro-optimizations to a script used in Survival missions.
- Improved performance of the Railjack cannons.
- Improved performance when using the Imperator Vandal in Railjack.
- Optimized runtime lighting in an Earth cave tile.
- Optimized real time lighting in the Jupiter Gas City Index tileset.
- Optimized the Omni tool to fix a hitch when equipping it.
- Made micro-optimizations to a script used for controlling doors.
- Made some micro-optimizations to HUD performance, especially on Railjack.
- Made a micro-optimization to UI performance, including while piloting the Railjack.
- Made a micro-optimization Railjack POI once sub-objectives have been completed.
- Made a micro-optimization to a script that handles fire breaking out on a Railjack.
- Made a micro-optimization to Chroma's Effigy ability.
- Made a micro-optimization to a script used to animate the Dual Kamas.
- Melee Heavy Attacks are no longer able to be triggered by holding 'E', they again live exclusively on Alt-Fire.
The loss of Melee Combo Counter feedback due to spamming Melee drove the vast amounts of requests for Melee Heavy Attack to not be holding ‘E’. A toggle for Melee Heavy Attacks is not in the cards, thus Melee Heavy Attacks are now essentially brought back to its original mechanic of having to use Alt-Fire.
- NPCs now have about a second of delay before being able to perceive other players or NPCs that come out of invisibility, regardless of alert state. Previously, combat-state enemies would near instantly retarget in such cases. Seen in:
- Removed Riven Mods from the Codex Mod section.
- There were a few issues present here: 1) the Codex Mod section not display all of your Rivens Mods, and, 2) the Riven Mods that it did show would point their acquisition to Cephalon Simaris, which only applies to Companion Weapon Rivens. Considering the extensive amount of Rivens possible, this option in the Codex does not function properly, as it would need to look up unique information.
- All Gas City, Sanctuary Onslaught, and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught Captura Scenes can now be sold for 3500 Credits for those that have duplicates!
- A fully charged throw of the Orvius will now activate its unique enemy suspension mechanic.
- Restored the original default Energy colors of the Limbo Limina Skin and Nekros Irkalla Skin to match its original artist intentions.
- Fixed inability to invite people to a squad if your Matchmaking was set to Solo before joining a Public squad via Invite.
Fixed a script error and loss of functionality when viewing Archwing weapons without having the Archwing Quest complete.
- Fixed Garuda charging her Dread Heart at full strength from any amount of Energy regen.
- This ability now charges at a reduced rate if you are at 0 Energy and incoming regeneration isn’t enough to keep with how much Energy the ability wants to drain.
- Fixed Mirage’s Hall of Mirror clones not shooting the last round in your magazine.
- Fixed Mirage’s Hall of Mirror clones not animating properly for double/wall jumps.
- Fixed Index enemies not attacking Gara’s Mass Vitrify wall.
- Fixed damage done by Oberon’s Hallowed Ground during The Index will dramatically increase if the player is in Operator mode.
- Fixed Glaive lifespan timers not functioning correctly for the Host.
- Fixed Ivara Navigator not pausing some lifespan timers for projectiles, allowing the projectile to die of old age while you're still controlling it.
- Fixed Follow-Through stat changing when the Sigma & Octantis and Cobra & Crane are equipped with a Stance Mod.
- Fixed the Sanctuary Sentinel Mod and Companion Shelter Mod leaving an invulnerable shield lingering forever for the Host if used in a No-Shield Nightmare mission.
- Fixed projectile explosion & embed damage not properly using Status Chance upgrades.
- Fixed some cases of the ‘Deploy Resource Extractor’ button losing functionality.
- Fixed cases of invulnerable Corpus Turrets.
- Fixed K-Drives spawning ridiculously far away after being left on top of water in Orb Vallis.
- Fixed Wisp's Agile animation not idling properly when the Shedu is equipped.
- Fixed Blade and Whip weapons clipping into Wisp when she runs.
- Fixed being able to revive in the ceiling in part of the Grineer Fortress.
- Fixed being able to get behind the first Data-Conduit in Sanctuary Onslaught.
- Fixed Power Menu UI remaining open when entering a Data-Conduit in Sanctuary Onslaught when using a controller.
- Fixed Orb Vallis/Plains of Eidolon objective markers moving around when in Archwing.
- Fixed Companion Weapon Riven Mods not displaying under the ‘Mods’ tab in Cephalon Simaris’ Offerings.
- Fixed Nightwave multi-rank up past 30 displaying incorrect tier numbers and prestige status on the rank up popups.
- Fixed performance issues with Kela De Thaym’s Rollers.
- Fixed performance issues with the Ballistica projectile trail FX over long distances.
- Fixed an issue where the Defense target's head would float above the cryopod in Defense missions, exposing it to the many dangers of the environment and also the dangers of not having your head connected to your body.
- Fixed maggots potentially being created out of bounds when spawned by the death of a Brood Mother.
- Fixed animation issues with the Grineer Flameblade causing its second and third attacks in its attack combo to miss its target.
- Fixed Lephantis sometimes not immediately dying after all three heads have been destroyed.
- Fixed being able to see outside the level from the gate in Cetus.
- Fixed Fast Traveling to Fisher Hai-luk teleporting the player midair.
- Fixed Ivara’s Artemis Bow arrows not reflecting chosen colors when stuck into objects/enemies.
- Fixed fully default Look Links not applying to your Warframe.
- Fixes toward Look Link colors not applying properly to Kubrows/Kavats/Venari.
- Fixed Look Link diorama for Venari appearing squashed and having a normal Kavat tail.
- Fixed overwhelming Elemental FX on Titania when she is given an Elemental buff.
- Fixed positional audio not working for stereo/headphone outputs (i.e. a sound playing on the left side of your view would be heard equally in both headphones).
- Fixed in-game voice chat not functioning properly (would not play back any audio).
- Fixed the voice input/output device toggle in the settings screen not having any effect the first time you tried to change it.
- Fixed Pet Companions struggling to path ziplines. As reported here:
- Fixed having to click through Market items that only require one step to purchase (Relic Packs, etc), instead of displaying the quantity confirmation UI right away.
- Fixed ability to escape the Grineer Settlement tileset level bounds via Nezha’s Blazing Chakram.
- Fixed missing door frames in the Grineer Settlement Sabotage Tileset.
- Fixed missing minimap in part of the Grineer Shipyard.
- Fixed a teleport volume in part of the Grineer Sealab that was larger than it should be.
- Fixed a hole in part of the Grineer Sealab.
- Fixed a rock that was missing collision in the Plains of Eidolon.
- Fixed a rock clipping into a vent on the Corpus outpost.
- Fixed extra music loop playing when selecting Little Duck’s Exotic Goods.
- Fixed Simulacrum Ammo pickup playing the ‘Shield recharge’ sound.
- Fixed inaccurate Archwing quest tutorial text.
- Fixed several potential script errors caused by Warframe abilities.
- Fixed a script error that could break various Drone escort missions (including Plague Star).
- Fixed a script error when changing loadouts while in Fortuna.
- Fixed a script error that could break an bounty stage if the objective was destroyed right at the last moment.
- Fixed a script error for Clients when changing Arch-Guns in the Arsenal in Simulacrum while another Arch-Gun is already equipped.
- Fixed possible script error that could occur if you aborted a mission right as a missile locked onto your archwing.
- Fixed script error that could occur if you joined a mission while the host was running a K-Drive race.
- Fixed a script error when your Sentinel activates the Revenge Precept.
- Fixed a script error when your Kubrow activates the Stalk Precept.
- Fixed a script error related to a ragdolled enemy in Orb Vallis.
- Fixed numerous script errors when casting certain Warframe abilities.
- Fixed a script error related to Nidus’ Undying Passive.
- Fixed some inaccurate LOC text.
January 23rd, 2020 Forum Post
- Anomaly Shards
For every Sentient Anomaly POI that you complete you’ll earn a new Anomaly Shard; a shard ripped from a Sentient Anomaly in the Veil Proxima!
- As mentioned in 27.0.11, we wanted to implement a more token based system to obtain the Tenebrous Ephemera that we removed from the drop table. An Anomaly Shard is 100% guaranteed at End of Mission for every Sentient Anomaly POI you complete.
- Little Duck + Exotic Goods
Little Duck is no stranger to Exotic goods - an Amp assembler and Toroid master, the strong and the strange are what she makes her business on. Her interest in Anomaly shards allows you to access new Exotic Goods:
- Tenebrous Ephemera
- ALL Sentient Captura Scenes
- Sentient Captura Scenes have also been removed from the drop table and will be purchasable from Little Duck exclusively.
- Railjack Additions, Changes & Fixes
- Sharing is caring! Loot gathered when on-foot in a Point of Interest, Crewship, and from killing a Boarding Party are now shared between the whole squad, so you don’t individually need to go collect the loot if you’re busy Piloting, Engineering, etc!
- This excludes Health, Ammo, and Energy pickups. Also, AFK players do not get the items shared and cannot pick them up later.
- Minor Breaches, Fires, and Electrical traps now restore Railjack Health once again when a Catastrophic Failure breach is active!
- The Health return was removed in 27.0.10 due to being used to manipulate Railjack invulnerability.
- Added tips to the "Configure Railjack" screen in the Dojo. Simply hover over the "i" icon in the bottom right corner to learn more about each category!
- Avionics and Wreckage dropped in Railjack missions will now display a distance marker!
- The distance marker will appear when the Avionic or Wreckage is near the center of the screen, regardless of how far it is!
- Updated the ‘Components and Armaments Slots’ description to clarify that they do not apply to Wreckage, only Repaired Wreckage.
- Made a micro-optimization to the Railjack UI.
- For those wondering: Micro-optimizations means small adjustments were made to improve performance without any changes to the game’s behavior. So you shouldn’t see anything change except that game runs a little faster!
- Made a micro-optimization to a common function used by Railjack game-code.
- Made a micro-optimization to numerous Railjack missions.
- Made a micro-optimization to Railjack lighting.
- Made some micro-optimizations to HUD marker performance, especially on Railjack.
- Fixed a crash when the Host aborted from a completed Railjack mission.
- Fixed a rare crash if you were connecting to a squad while another player was dealing damage with a Railjack weapon.
- Fixed a crash when fighting Sentients in the Sentient Anomaly POI.
- More fixes towards broken Dry Docks when some players have different progression into the Rising Tide quest.
- Fixed cases of Turrets being inoperable if a Host migrates while they were operating it.
- Fixed Client bodies disappearing, Railjack turning into just black walls, and more bad states if they were operating a Turret when the Host migrates.
- Fixed Clients dying and being Revived when operating a Turret resulting in the Railjack disappearing.
- Fixed Clients crashing if the Host migrated during a Critical Breach.
- Fixes toward Railjack Fast Travel not working properly while operating a Turret.
- Some issues still persist that we are investigating!
- Fixed Wing Turrets moving their positions each time a Client mounts them.
- Fixed exiting the Railjack with Hildryn’s Balefire active defaulting you to Unarmed with no Arch-Gun.
- Fixed weird camera rotations after launching out of the Archwing Slingshot.
- Fixed the Quick Progress screen not being usable after the first node transition in Railjack.
- Fixed Lavan Elemental Reduction Avionics gain nothing from being Upgraded to Rank 1 unless on an Upgraded Grid.
- Fixed Sentient Cores displaying the wrong marker after being picked up.
- Fixed a couple issues of hangar doors on the Missile Platform not opening for Clients.
- Fixed a script error when an enemy Crewship deploys their healing bubble.
- Fixed a script error in the Railjack UI.
- General Changes
- Defense Waves will now complete if NPCs are downed (but not dead), except for the final Wave, where all NPCs must be taken care of.
- Removed the hit-scan tracers from Imperator Vandal as it's now a projectile weapon.
- Optimized server-side code for game log-in.
- Optimized enemy Enemy class hierarchy slightly.
- Improved robustness of a script interface to try to avoid scripts breaking if you switched to your Operator at the wrong time.
- Made some systemic optimizations to the script runtime.
- Made some micro-optimizations to the UI system.
- Improved error handling in cache optimizer (some errors like being out of space) would trigger silent abort; it should now properly send you to https://www.warframe.com/en/iofail as intended.
- Updated the "Boss Kills" section of the Profile stats to include 5 years of game updates (untouched since Update 14!).
- Not only does this stat include the updated boss types it now includes special bosses like the Hemocyte and Razorback. There are a few known issues for some bosses that remain.
- Hydroid, Limbo, Mesa, and Mirage ability videos have been added to their respective Arsenals!
- Increased the scan projector FX when Conserving on the Orb Vallis to address colorblind difficulty.
- Upgraded our compiler toolchain
- Improved code-generation for certain types of compiler optimizations.
- Fixed a performance regression in some rare cases for Ryzen processors.
- Controller Fixes
- Fixed inability to use any Piloting maneuvers due to left stick being bound to zoom, effectively ignoring callouts in Intrinsic details screen.
- Fixed the Upgrade screen for Avionics in the Dry Dock missing button callouts for Upgrading when using a controller.
- Fixed LTHUMB button worked to activate the Search box even when the picker wasn't visible in the Avionics screen.
- Fixed the Left/Right bumpers not functioning in the Avionics Upgrade Screen.
- Fixed the Sort menu not working in any of the Avionics screens.
- Fixed becoming stuck in the Avionics screen and having to restart the game.
- Fixed inability to exit the Avionic Grid Upgrade screen if you place your virtual cursor over a Grid.
- Fixed several crashes and hangs on Windows 10 when an audio device is unplugged or changed.
- Fixed a rare crash when using Profile > Log Out from the menu.
- Fixes towards pathing issues with the Drone in the Plains of Eidolon. This also fixes a very specific spot where the Drone would regularly get stuck. As reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/es51n3/cmon_de_its_been_2_years_why_do_we_still_need_a/
- Most noticeable in Plague Star at the moment, but still existed outside the Operation with Plains Bounties. We’ll continue to check up on this issue.
- Fixed the Vengeful Charge Ephemera providing constant light source for Mirage's Eclipse, resulting in a cosmetic granting the light buff to remain 99% of the time.
- Fixed Mission Time carrying over from time spent in Dojos or Relays.
- Fixed Mission Time including the time spent in your Orbiter after aborting a mission prior.
- Fixed your Kuva Lich having the default Excalibur Helmet on their shoulder if you killed the Kuva Larvling as a Client.
- Fixed Tactical Reload, Lock and Load, and Eject Magazine Mods not functioning for Clients.
- Fixed toggle sprint carrying over into Wukong’s Cloud Walker (normal hold sprint did not).
- Fixed Ivara’s Navigator cast animation not being replicated between Host/Client, resulting in no sound or movement.
- Fixed the Quellor Alt Fire being silent when it’s meant to be Alarming (as indicated in the Arsenal).
- Fixed enemies being immune to Vauban’s Bastille if they were ragdolled out of it previously.
- Fixed Excalibur’s Chromatic Blade elemental FX and statistics on Exalted Blade not updating after you change your Energy colour. Instead, they are stuck on the default Electricity element.
- Fixed Inaros getting stuck in his Devour animation if Devour is cast on an enemy that dies at the exact same time.
- Fixes towards the Octavia’s Anthem music note FX trail disappearing when you locate and collect the first or second Mandachord part.
- Fixed Coildrives in Orb Vallis never despawning if the player doesn't move and the Coildrive has passengers still inside.
- Fixed dispatched Drop Pod NPCs being confused at their own existence by standing stationary and staring into the sky contemplating life as ‘just another clone’.
- Fixed Volt visually missing his arm rings in his Codex/Market diorama.
- Fixes towards Ivara Prime’s helmet cloth clipping through her forehead.
- Fixed cases of Warframe stats appearing unranked when viewed in the Arsenal.
- Potential fix towards Resource Crate names lingering after being destroyed.
- Fixes towards odd pathing behaviors with the Jordas Golem.
- Fixed the Primary and Secondary weapons Upgrade > Actions screen including the Umbra Forma in *the UI count of how many Forma you have.
- Fixed a UI error when selecting certain enemies in the Simulacrum that you don’t have fully scanned.
- Fixed some distortion FX on the Ice Planet's heat generators and improved their performance by removing a bunch of scripts to animate them.
- Fixed distortions being offset with Dynamic Resolution enabled.
- Fixed Sigma Series Sugatra not being positioned correctly on Glaives.
- Fixed some items in the Market having overlapping text (Kavat Incubator Upgrade Segment, etc).
- Fixed a potential crash in the Weapon Upgrade screen.
- Fixed a script error in the Focus Arsenal screen.
January 16th, 2020 Forum Post
- Railjack Fixes
- Fixed the Avionics screen breaking when selecting ‘Scrap.
January 16th, 2020 Forum Post
- Railjack Fixes
- Fixed a script error when clicking the Wreckage Scrap button.
- Fixed a few rare bugs in the Sacrifice Quest that could cause the chase sequence to get stuck.
January 16th, 2020 Forum Post
- Railjack Fixes
- Fixed a script error when using the Void Hole Battle Avionic.
- Fixed a script error when viewing a Warframe Blueprint in the Market, resulting in an inability to purchase Warframes.
- This fix required the back out of previous fix that we will investigate for another: “Fixed cases of Warframe stats appearing unranked when viewed in the Arsenal”.
January 16th, 2020 Forum Post
- The Great Reactor Buffings
Just like you and your buff New Year resolutions, we’re here with some of ours (although maybe not as buff as yours - you’re looking great we must say).
Introducing global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be adjusted for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III’s range has been compressed significantly from a 30 -100 range to the new 90 -100 range, but we will not give you lower adjustments if you had a Vidar III Reactor with Avionics capacity values in the 90 -100 range before this change).
Lavan Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 20 to 30 (from 10 to 20)
Lavan Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 50 to 60 (from 10 to 40)
Lavan Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 80 to 90 (from 20 to 70)
Vidar Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 30 to 40 (from 10 to 25)
Vidar Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 60 to 70 (from 20 to 50)
Vidar Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 90 to 100 (from 30 to 100)
Zetki Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 10 to 20 (from 5 to 10)
Zetki Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 40 to 50 (from 5 to 30)
Zetki Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 70 to 80 (from 10 to 50)
With these changes, it’s important to note how we got from Point A to B. When initially setting up the Avionics values of these rewards, we did not forsee the depth of the frustration the ranges caused, but in hindsight we should have. Thanks to your feedback, we are able to confidently make broad and major buffs across the board.
- Tenebrous Ephemera Removal and Future Acquisition
TEMPORARILY removed the Tenebrous Ephemera as a drop from Reinforced Sentient Containers aboard the Sentient Anomaly in Veil Proxima. The drop method is causing numerous issues in terms of connectivity stability and player frustration. We’re going to be changing the acquisition method that won’t involve a direct drop rate in a near future Hotfix/Update, and will instead be closer to a token system (complete X Anomaly missions to buy Ephemera from a vendor).
- The Tenebrous Ephemera will be coming back as soon as possible in a better acquisition method
- Railjack Additions, Changes, and Fixes
- Affinity gained from all Omni tool Repairs and Forge actions aboard the Railjack is now shared with the squad!
- Previously, only the player who performed the Repair with the Omni tool/Forge action gained Affinity. Now, when any individual completes tasks with the Omni tool or Forge, the Affinity will be shared across all members. This is not restricted to those onboard the Railjack - those flying around in your Archwing or taking out Crewships will also benefit. The goal here is to have the efforts of one benefit all and ultimately help each other earn Intrinsics for shared activities that keep the Railjack afloat.
- Wreckage limit has been changed to match the existing Riven method in terms of how the limit behaves to the player. Instead of Wreckage being auto-scrapped when over the limit, a prompt will appear upon returning to the Dry Dock that indicates the over limit Wreckage must be dealt with before you can start another Railjack mission.
- Wreckage Repairs that are partially funded or waiting for completion (timer not expired yet) can now be cancelled! Resources funded will be returned and the Wreckage will remain in your Inventory to be Repaired or Scrapped later.
- Keep in mind this doesn’t change the 80% refund from Scrapping Repaired Wreckage.
- Changed base Avionics so they all have at least one rank to address difficulty knowing which ones you can scrap and which ones you can't, due to the ‘no ranks’ Avionics stacking with all other unrankeds:
- Lavan Ablative Shell
- Lavan Heat Sink
- Lavan Last Stand
- Lavan Thermatic
- Lavan Phasic Weave
- Lavan Predator
- Lavan Winged Force
- Lavan Winged Steel
- Vidar Last Stand
- To accomodate for the base Avionic change above, other Avionics have been changed:
- Vidar Predator: Higher base stat and higher drain
- Vidar Winged Steel: Lower drain
- Vidar Winged Force: Lower drain
- Numerous UI changes in the name of organization and clarity have been made to the Railjack Research and Configure screens:
- Added MK category tabs to the Railjack Research screen to better sort and display your growing Inventory of Research.
- Added Categories, Search Bar, and Sort options to the Railjack Components and Armaments screens.
- Added a ‘Show Equipped’ and ‘Show Ranked’ option in the Avionics Scrap screen.
- Battle and Tactical Avionic Grids now have Grid category icons to mark which is which.
- In addition, when picking a Battle Grid, we now reinforce which Grid you are selecting/viewing Avionics for by showing the category name and icon.
- Hull Breach that are active when the mission succeeds will be fixed automatically.
- This addresses missions failing after having already succeeded the mission due to players unable to fix the Hull Breach in time.
- Increased the Range of Winged Cyclone, Winged Force, Winged Steel, and Winged Storm to 1000m.
- This also fixes these Archwing based Avionics for Railjack also affecting the Railjack itself.
- Increased the mount animation speed for the Archwing Slingshot and Wing Turrets.
- Toned down the FX for both the Particle Ram and Fiery Phoenix Battle Avionic when aboard the Railjack.
- This change is being made due to plenty of feedback requesting less visibility-inhibiting FX.
- To further increase the visibility when a Forge is available for use in the Railjack, the two screens and orange circle above, and activation button will glow when it’s ready and appear off then it’s busy.
- Reduced the brightness of the Crewship healing bubble burst FX.
- Changed the Railjack entrance UI marker to use the same blue as the Railjack marker in-mission.
- Refining in the Forge Bay with a controller now requires you to click and hold X for 1 second instead of simply clicking X.
- This addresses accidental Refining due to mashing X to open the Forge window.
- The ‘Open Squads’ line now appears at the bottom of the Star Chart Railjack node mission info popup for consistency.
- Depending on the node, it was previously buried in between the Requirements or Rewards lines.
- Fixed not gaining Intrinsics after mission completion.
- An example of this situation would be if the mission succeeded while a Boarding Party was still aboard, but not fully dealt with until after the mission success popup.
- Fixed a case of loading a Railjack mission forever due to some players having different progression into the Rising Tide quest.
- Fixed Clients being stuck in a permanent streaming tunnel if they were in Dojo and Host in Liset.
- Fixed cases of exiting the Archwing Slingshot resulting in a black screen.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in Railjack if you were inside an enemy Crewship when it's destroyed.
- Fixed Flux Energy that was in the capacity provided by Hyperflux Avionic being lost between Railjack sessions.
- Fixed the stat value of Flux Capacity on Reactors showing higher than actual stats.
- We're using Round To value of 10 instead of 1, so some values were showing higher than they should be (37.x would show as 40).
- Fixed Rhino’s Roar ability buffing Battle Avionics on the Railjack.
- Warframe abilities are not intended to increase the performance of the Railjack.
- Fixed the Shatter Burst Battle Avionic not displaying damage numbers when it affects enemies.
- Fixed being in Operator mode in the Dry Dock and then starting a Railjack mission resulting in your Operator being in it’s non-combat Dojo state.
- Fixed pressing the ‘Reset Defaults’ button in the Railjack Customization screen punting you back to the Railjack Components screen.
- Fixed Scrap button for Repaired Wreckage having the same text as for unrepaired Wreckage.
- Fixed Last Stand Avionics descriptions showing incorrect upgrade numbers.
- Fixed Wing Turrets on the Railjack sometimes disappearing in AR mode.
- Fixed swapping around Battle Avionics in the Dry Dock sometimes resulting in misordered Battle Avionics in your Railjack mission.
- Fixed placeholder text in the Tactical Menu when viewed while in a Missile Platform.
- Fixed overzealous particle sizes on the Naberus, Corposant Prime, and Spore Ephemeras when in Archwing.
- Fixed inability to interact with Chat when viewing the Railjack Research screen with a controller.
- Fixed Kuva Lich transmissions playing while in the Railjack Star Chart.
- Fixed a script error when using the Archwing Slingshot.
- Fixed a script error when using the Forward Artillery.
- Fixed a script error when transitioning to and from the Dry Dock.
- Fixed a script error when boarding a Crewship.
- Fixed network race conditions that could cause a crash when playing Railjack.
- Fixed super bright lighting during the exit cinematic of some Point of Interests.
- Grendel Specters can now use all of his Abilities! I prefer my meatballs on the side.
- Kuva Thralls now have a unique marker to differentiate them from the Lich!
- Removed the slight red tint that was always displayed on the Shedu glow, no matter your Energy color choices.
- Warframe/weapon tooltip in the Inventory will now display an Exilus icon if said item/Warframe has one installed.
- Made some micro-optimizations to the mini-map code.
- Fixed quickly cancelling out of a Grineer console hack resulting in a progression stopper.
- Fixes towards missing subtitles/dialogue during the Apostasy Prologue quest.
- Fixed Pennant not using all attacks/features of Wise Razor Stance. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1152222-is-pennant-wise-razor-combo-working-correctly/
- Fixes towards Drahk Masters making the stolen weapon for Clients disappear whenever the Masters Halikar is returned through nonstandard means. As reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/eo8xy1/drahk_masters_can_delete_a_clients_weapon_for_the/
- Fixed Kuva Ayanga no longer having its Area Of Effect properties.
- Fixed Kuva Thrall Mercies not counting towards the Executioner Nightwave Challenge.
- Fixed numerous weapon hand positions, walking animations, and t-posing in regards to Wisp.
Fixed cases of Warframe stats appearing unranked when viewed in the Arsenal.Backed out due to breaking the Market.
- Fixed missing ‘Hide Owned’ option and inability to purchase multiple of the same item after going to purchase Debt Bonds then going to another vendor in Fortuna.
- Fixed the UI breaking when selecting the ‘Select All’ button in Vendor screens (Fisher Hai-Luk, etc).
- Fixed incorrect Electricity FX on Volt Proto Skin footsteps.
- Fixed incorrect Electricity FX above Volt’s Electric Shield when Shock is cast through it.
- Fixed the Tonfa Hades Skin flame FX always appearing orange despite changing the Energy color. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1146899-tennogen-tonfa-hades-skin/
- Fixes towards the camera not following you when going back and forth from Submersible areas in Uranus tilesets.
January 11th, 2020 Forum Post
We bring you another Hotfix before the weekend arrives. The first Hotfix of 2020, 27.0.9, brought a slew of Railjack tailored Additions, Changes, and Fixes (among general ones as well), of which we have been reading your initial feedback. Railjack Resource balancing continues to be a hot topic of discussion in regards to the overall Railjack experience. More to come!
- Railjack Additions, Changes, and Fixes
- Players will now have ~3 seconds of invulnerability when exiting the Railjack or a Point of Interest!
- This window allows for a moment to escape from the incoming damage aimed close to your location so you don’t fall victim to a one-shot death.
- Increased the refund from Scrapping repaired Wreckage to 80% from 50%.
- A welcomed increase from feedback that still maintains the risk vs reward of repairing Wreckage, hence why is it not a 100% return.
- Repairing a minor Railjack Breach/Fire/Electrical when a Catastrophic Failure breach is active will no longer give Health back to the Railjack.
- This addresses numerous cases of Railjack invulnerability abuse by manipulating the Catastrophic Failure breach timer. We’re looking at other ways to allow Health on minor Breach repairs/fires/electrical during a Catastrophic Failure without opening the door to this misuse.
- Wreckage capacity now appears in the equip screen for Components and Armaments, allowing you to see how many you currently own while Scrapping.
- Distance values on Railjack enemies will now be displayed once their name is visible.
- Upgraded art quality for certain Grineer Installations in Railjack missions.
- Made some micro-optimizations to the Railjack HUD.
- Fixed inability to destroy enemy Crewships that have been hijacked.
- Fixed the wide door in the Pulse Turbine not opening for Clients.
- Fixed being placed outside of the Railjack level when loading into a Railjack mission from your Orbiter as the Operator.
- Fixed control settings such as mouse sensitivity being set to non-Railjack settings when a Crewship is destroyed.
- This was most noticeable when Piloting the Railjack during the Crewship explosion, as sensitivity would abruptly change until the Pilot seat was dismounted.
- Fixed cases of Armament Wreckage unique stats not showing. This was due to the physical Armament not being equipped on the side of the *Railjack, which then considered it not equipped.
- Fixed Carcinnox Armaments displaying incorrect Falloff ranges in the Dry Dock stats.
- Fixed the Munition Ammo count UI in the Railjack displaying 1 more capacity than you actually have (ie 30/31).
- Fixed Railjack Forge not applying yield multipliers (Engineer Intrinsic bonus) to displayed craft amounts.
- Fixes towards Ram Sleds occurring during a transition to the Dojo after completing a Railjack mission.
- Fixed hazard markers (Fire, Electricity, Fast Travel) inside the Railjack appearing in the wrong locations when viewed in the Tactical Menu while on the Pilot seat or side Turrets.
- Fixed missing Railjack enemy UI after exiting/returning/exiting the Railjack.
- Fixed incorrect minimap overlay when failing a Railjack mission and returning to the Dojo.
- Fixed Railjack enemies displaying a Rank of 00.
- Fixed a crash while transitioning levels in the Railjack.
- Fixed a script error that can occur when exiting the Archwing Slingshot after opening the pause menu, which caused a persistent black screen.
- Some camera issues still persist that we’re investigating.
- Fixed some Mods displaying under the Items section on the End of Mission screen.
- Fixed Reliquary Drive appearing to have the ‘vacant’ text even after completing the Key quest.
- Fixed unlocalized Railjack recall text.
- The Shedu Blueprint has been added to Cephalon Simaris’ Lost & Found Offerings (only after acquisition Quest completion).
- Increased range that the Mine Osprey drops mines from. This combined with their behaviour bringing them close to the player meant the Ospreys would only usually get about one mine dropped before hovering harmlessly near the player.
- Removed decimals in the Arsenal stats if damage Falloff range is 1000 or greater to fix numbers overlapping and appearing messy.
- Fixed Jackal and Razorback not correctly turning to face players sometimes when you get behind them.
- Fixed Korrudo having inherited the Hirudo’s Health on Critical Hits mechanic.
- Fixed the Redeemer weapon series appearing to deal 10x Damage than it actually was.
- This affected Arsenal stats only, in missions it did the correct damage.
- More fixes towards Wisp movement animations issues when equipped with the Atmos and Nunchaku.
- Fixed incorrect Energy color for the Vengeful Shockwave Ephemera.
- Fixed Ivara Prime’s Quiver ability not using her Artemis Bow Prime mesh. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1160446-ivara-primes-1-doesnt-use-the-right-artemis-bow-texture/
- Fixed the Paris Prime arrow using incorrect textures.
- Fixed incorrect Energy color on the Hema muzzle flash light.
- Fixed overly metallic reflections on the Kopesh Longsword Skin.
- Fixed incorrect lightning textures on Volts. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1160559-bad-lightning-still-not-fixed/
- Fixed missing Channeling particle FX on the Targis Prime Armor (appears with x2 Combo Counter).
- Fixed seeing a distorted flat circle on the Staticor explosion (and radiation areas).
- Fixed incorrect Kubrow eye glow color when using the Metus Fur Pattern.
- Fixed Eidolon Lures disappearing at certain camera angles.
- Fixed MOA and Kavat Companion Emblems being equipped on the wrong side.
- Fixed broken warp sounds in the Sentient tileset.
- Fixed a script error related to Tusk Mortar Bombards crouching.
January 9th, 2020 Forum Post
Happy New Year, Tenno! Nothing quite compares to starting a new year when it comes to contextualizing our journey so far. 7 years ago almost to the day, we found ourselves Reworking Ember… redoing the Ember model entirely! These Update notes are a blast from the past - and every January we start off with a build that aims to address as much as possible from the Holidays without having our players wait too long for fixes. So here is the first of many Hotfixes for January 2020! We do not have an ETA on other Updates, as we are focusing on Hotfixing at this time.
- Railjack Additions, Changes, and Fixes
- Halved Fighter Armor
Enemy Fighters in Railjack have too much armor - meaning your Railjack weapons just don’t feel great in the time it takes to kill an enemy. All Fighter Armor values have been halved, with a slight boost in health for non-elites to compensate.
Armor value changes:
- Flak: 300 to 150
- Elite Flak: 350 to 175
- Taktis: 250 to 125
- Elite Taktis: 350 to 175
- Cutter: 250 to 125
- Elite Cutter: 300 to 150
- Outrider: 800 to 300
- Elite Outrider: 800 to 400
Health value changes:
- Flak health: 250 to 375
- Taktis health: 200 to 300
- Cutter health: 200 to 300
Our intent is to make Railjack weapons more effective on their own. As such, Rhino’s Roar and Saryn’s Toxic Lash no longer unintentionally affect Railjack weapons, as per [DE]Marcus’ post here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1159587-rail-jack-crewship-strategies-dome-charges/
All Battle Avionics are now potential drops from Elite fighters in Deep Space. Also, with new permanent markers on Avionics, you’ll now ensure none go unclaimed, because you’ll see them!
Battle Avionics rarity was exacerbated by the units they dropped on - adding drops to Elite fighters should increase your chances of acquiring one. We want to see the effects of these new drops before making additional changes.
- Munitions Vortex
- Elite Exo Taktis
- Elite Gyre Taktis
- Elite Exo Taktis
- Elite Kosma Cutter
- Elite Gyre Cutter
- Blackout Pulse
- Elite Exo Taktis
- Elite Exo Flak
- Particle Ram
- Elite Exo Cutter
- Shatter Burst
- Elite Exo Flak
- Seeker Volley
- Elite Exo Cutter
- Void Hole
- Elite Exo Flak
- Adding Void Hole to Elite Exo Flaks should make it significantly easier to acquire due to their spawn rates, but we will continue to watch all the drops in case they need further changes.
- Fiery Phoenix
- Elite Exo Cutter
- Weapon & Proc Adjustments
The idea of ‘one damage type to rule them all’ is one we want to avoid in Railjack’s early days. We are rebalancing aspects of certain Damage types to ensure there’s balanced choices. The Armor changes in conjunction with this means this is a combined effort of finding the right place for all damage types, not just one leader. Please bear with us as we navigate this particular space - with your help, hopefully everyone will get to put their favourites from their Arsenal to use!
- Decreased the effectiveness of the Particle proc but increased its Duration
- Reduced to 7.5% damage bonus per hit, still stacks, and lasts 20 seconds. The exponential growth and short duration meant this was far more beneficial to rapid-fire guns than anything else.
- Increased the effectiveness of the Incendiary proc but decreased its Duration
- Double the damage per tick but half the duration; same total damage but in less time to feel more relevant.
- Pulsar series
- Increased base damage
- Increased fall off range
- These extremely precise weapons were having trouble competing with the other options available. Increased damage by about 10% and increased effective range should help give them a more viable role.
- Photor series
- Increased fall off range
- Extra range and these also benefit indirectly from the improvement to Incendiary status.
- Increased fall off range
- Cryophon series
- Reduced damage and increased fall off range
- Reducing the armor values of enemies made these capable of killing every enemy in a single hit, this brings them back in line with the intended time to kill. Please bear in mind we are actively watching player stats and collecting feedback, and are willing to iterate on balance.
- Reduced damage and increased fall off range
- Zetki House
- Reduced Heat Accretion for all Zetki weapon variants apart from Cryophon
- This house trades more heat for more damage, but it felt like they were TOO hot for the amount of extra damage you got. Compared to the baseline weapons, Zetki now offers 50% more damage for double heat instead of quadruple heat.
- Reduced Heat Accretion for all Zetki weapon variants apart from Cryophon
- Rush Repair Drone Removed from Market
We are removing the option to buy the Rush Repair Drone and leaving it only as a reward earned at the end of mission (no longer an in-world drop due to security concerns). We are doing this based on feedback that as a purchasing option it feels too unfair of an advantage. While it technically abides by our rule of ‘Pay for Time’, it bypasses a huge segment of the Railjack resource value. You can still pay to rush Repairs once you’ve contributed resources, but you can no longer outright bypass the entire experience by purchasing the item from the market. We will continue to use Rush Repair Drones as a reward - just not as a Market item.
- Doubled the chance of obtaining Wreckage from End of Mission Rewards
This increase will help you acquire more pieces so you can pick and choose which you want to keep. However, we needed to reduce the chance of obtaining Relics to accommodate the Wreckage increase.
- Permanent in-world markers have been added to Avionics and Salvage in Railjack when they drop.
- This will allow you to always know what remains on the field of battle, and how to navigate accordingly. Adding awareness to the important loot has been a huge request, and this visibility increase should make sure no loot is left behind. Aside, we are reviewing ‘vacuum’ range.
- Asterite Resource pickups now reward 2x as much Asterite.
- Asterite costs for Wreckage were going a bit too slowly, so now you will earn it at twice the rate.
- Your Squad Overlay is now visible when in various Railjack modes (Pilot, Weapon, etc).
- There’s been consistent expression that ‘seeing my Squad’s status’ is important. We have now ensured it’s visible when piloting / gunning / etc, and we have added some new iconography to show player states.
- Added ‘Squad Status’ for Railjack Missions in the Squad Overlay.
- These Icons show what your squadmates are doing, including: pilot, gunner, cannon, Omni Tool, Archwing, at a point of interest, engineering, fighting a boarding team, in slingshot, in Crewship, or just messing around on the Railjack doing nothing specific.
- Intrinsic points can no longer be gained once all available Intrinsics are maxed out. If you are already above the maximum, your additional points have not been lost.
- Railjack minimap is now always fully visible.
- Better centered the Railjack Pilot HUD diamond.
- Added new force feedback to all Weapons and Missile Launchers.
- Off-screen space enemy markers in Archwing now show awareness state fill.
- Fixed some color and alpha settings on off-screen markers in Archwing for better visibility.
- Increased brightness and thickness of enemy markers in Railjack.
- Updated the Railjack name placement on all Skins to be better visible.
- Set the maximum length for Railjack Names to 50 characters - in practice, this is almost an increase. The limit before was set by width along the available real estate. Now we have properly conforming names. .
- Optimized camera placements overall when customizing Railjack / viewing aspects.
- The ‘Toggle Interior’ button now has a checkbox to indicate active state.
- Railjack Health and Shield now show when they are invulnerable (i.e after a Catastrophic Failure Breach).
- Removed HUD markers from missiles launched by Seeker Volley battle avionic, which also fixed enemy HUD markers disappearing.
- The player’s view of a Cloaked Railjack (using Void Cloak) is now a more obvious effect.
- Railjack name shows in ‘edit name’ input box.
- Railjack name shows in HUD instead of generic ‘Railjack’.
- Cargo consoles now show a small effect when they are busy and unavailable to use.
- Controller ‘start’ button now closes tactical menu instead of opening top menu.
- Slightly zoomed out the tactical map when on the railjack, increased visibility of minimap features.
- Sorting for Drain will now sort higher Drain to the top.
- Added Wreckage count to equip screen.
- Fixed Engines Colour customization not working properly.
- Fixed an issue with Railjack stats appearing as the default one when pressing ESC on any part of Components menu.
- Fixed missing sounds on a certain Archwing fly-in cinematic.
- Fixed a script error in the Tactical Map.
- Fixed erroneous ‘Stealth’ component from Railjack gun Huds.
- Fixed Arrows for Railjack markers pointing the wrong way when you have a scaled HUD.
- Fixed Nekros’ Shadows of the Dead spawning enemy ships inside Railjacks (lol).
- Fixed an issue where using the Archwing Slingshot with Melee equipped causes issues.
- Fixed an issue where you could use menus while in Archwing Slingshot.
- Fixed the ‘Hijacked’ Grineer Crewship spawning inside geometry.
- Fixed multiple [HC] tags appearing.
- Fixed an issue where players entering Grineer Ramsleds could travel unknown places.
- Fixed Ivara’s Zipline persisting when in Railjack Emplacements.
- Fixed Railjack audio looping when in Landing Craft.
- Fixed the Reliquary Void Branches not persisting.
- Fixed Ballistic and Particle damage icons being swapped in-game.
- Fixed Railjack Slingshot FX colour not updating properly.
- Fixed Railjack Weaponry appearing at odd angles for Clients when dismounting.
- Fixed Clients being permanently dead in Railjacks if they return to a Dojo in the ‘Revive’ screen.
- Fixed Tactical views of players on Railjack Weaponry not working correctly.
- Fixed overlapping music on mission complete.
- Fixed being able to acquire Revolite by methods other than crafting / preparing Payloads.
- Fixed Archwing death causing players to respawn at the beginning of the mission.
- Fixed Omni tool equip animation causing loss of functionality when mounting emplacements/piloting.
- Fixed Omni Tool having an ammo type (which didn’t actually interact with anything).
- Fixed multiple crashes that could occur when loading into a mission as a client in a Landing Craft.
- Fixed Omni Tool showing level ‘0’.
- Fixed being able to exit an emplacement without animations instantly by spamming esc multiple times.
- Fixed railjack mission complete popup rendering behind the railjack HUD.
- Fixed grineer Crewship console disabling the shield when exiting the hack without completing.
- Fixed Crewship healing bubble not being seen or affected by clients.
- Fixed Sigma Engines displaying incorrect stats.
- Fixed some weapons showing incorrect icons.
- Fixed railjack engineering 10 intrinsic not working for clients.
- Fixed the repair drones not disappearing if someone else repairs the malfunction before the drones finish it.
- Fixed drifting sound stopping properly when pilot leaves pilot seat during drifting.
- Fixed bug where Intrinsics could be kept on mission abort, which was never intended.
- Fixed Archwing bug that would cause Clients to be stuck with normal weapons if they slingshot into a non-Crewship enemy.
- Optimized Host-Migration speeds for Clients to be significantly faster.
- Optimized collision on Orokin Derelict Tentacles to better match current player movement skills.
- Optimized muzzle flash FX on the Zundi Pistol Skin
- Cleaned up Sonicor light FX.
- Tweaked Ivara Prime prowl effect to be less prominent while moving to reduce eye-strain based on feedback.
- Disable Y key triggering randomize appearance in arsenal to prevent accidental randomization
- The Pennant has been removed from Conclave.
- Removed redundant ‘Damage Blocked’ stat from Saryn’s Toxic Lash.
- Removed a crate from extraction zone in Grineer Shipyard so it will stop taunting solo players who couldn’t get it.
- Updated the background for Glyph dioramas in the market.
- Added decos around Simaris targets so they are less likely to be mistaken for Thralls.
- Optimized Imperator projectiles to improve performance.
- Optimized performance in a section of the Kuva Fortress.
- Shedu now uses its clip mesh when disarmed (the whole gun is too big!)
- Added pickup text to Shedu and Euphona Prime.
- Prime Smite Infested and the Zylok are now tradeable.
- Disabled the new boss Health bar on Razorback because it was causing an issue. Razorback will now have it’s original Health bar.
- *Missed change: Garuda can now queue her Dread Mirror projectile charge/throw more easily after using Seeking Talons.
- Added long requested Wisp Walk, Run, and Sprint movement to Melee weapons, and fixed her movement when equipped with the Shedu.
- Fixed the Jotunheim Oculus being too faded during gameplay.
- Fixed the Cirrus Chest piece interacting poorly with Wisp.
- Fixed the Cirrus Leg Armor being incorrectly placed on several Warframes.
- Fixed an issue where Chroma’s Elemental Ward in the ‘Fire’ mode would subtract health if Operators strayed too far from Warframes.
- Fixed the Quellor being unable to use Ammo Mutation Mods.
- Fixed an issue with Quellor energy colour as per:https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1159744-quellor-energy-color-not-changing/
- Fixed an issue where the Shedu would get stuck after regenerating ammo.
- Fixed Elemental FX not working properly on Excalibur Deluxe Nikana.
- Fixed Elemental FX not working properly on Wukong Deluxe Whip.
- Fixed a script error in Inaros’ Sandstorm.
- Fixed overlapping environmental issues in Grineer Galleons.
- Fixed an issue with the Behemoth Juggernaut boil not being opaque.
- Fixed a false John Prodman icon showing up in Baro’s wares…
- Fixed an issue with camera zoom being too close to Grendel after using transference + Pulverize.
- Fixed Daikyu FX issue as reported here:https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1146968-drawn-daikyu-arrows-energy-effect-lingers-since-last-major-patch/
- Fixed Chroma’s Electric Elemental Ward not responding to Power Duration Mods.
- Fixed Nezha’s Blazing Chakram not working correctly for Clients when charged. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1137588-charged-blazing-chakram-not-traveling-for-clients-fix-pending/
- Fixed a script error in Wukong’s Celestial Twin ability.
- Fixed a script error in Chroma’s Effigy ability.
- Fixed Imugi Prime Shoulder pieces always glowing blue when Mirage is using Eclipse.
- Fixed Nezha’s FX not properly working on ragdolled enemies.
- Fixed the Shedu using the wrong weapon mesh when disarmed.
- Fixed the Shedu being unable to use Projectile-based Mods (Speed, etc).
- Fixed Ivara Prime’s Artemis Bow Prime darkening when viewed in the Arsenal.
- Fixed the permanently black Prisma Koi Sentinel tail https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1139662-prisma-koi-sentinel-tail-colored-all-black/
- Fixed permanent Water FX on players using Itzal’s Arch Line to escape water.
- Fixed incorrect textures on Ivara Prime using the Astrea TennoGen.
- Fixed Nox enemies being turned into Thralls by Liches.
- Fixed Demolishers being turned into Thralls by Liches.
- Fixed FX issues with the Simaris Ship / Dojo Decoration no properly adjusting when moving around.
- Fixed Frost’s Snowglobe missing the invulnerability period on cast.
- Fixed an issue with some TennoCon Glyphs appearing the same.
- Fixed missing Venka Melee sounds.
- Fixed Kuva Liches stealing Conclave Rewards.
- Fixed Kuva Tolon Chest Armor having an incorrect icon.
- Fixed a distressed pipe appearing as white instead of red in Jupiter.
- Fixed the Heartwood Armor set clipping with Rhino.
- Fixed lightmaps on pressure plates in old Corpus ship Sabotage core.
- Fixed a crate that was spawning within walls on the Grineer Shipyard.
- Fixed a minimap that was missing from a section of the Grineer Shipyard.
- Fixed Terra Manker’s weapon sound playing non-positionally.
- Fixed magnetic proc sound playing repeatedly on Shock Eximus Auras.
- Fixed a crash caused by an assertion failure.
- Fixed Mercy icon appearing on floor for Larvlings.
- Fixed Wuush and Meteor whip skins not sitting properly in the hands when used with some whips.
- Fixed offsets for Equinox night form leg armor so it sits better on the leg.
- Fixed several script crashes caused by Warframe and Archwing abilities.
- Fixed an issue with Ciphers that was causing fails not to count properly in fails stat.
- Fixed Distortion Overrides not working on objects whose base materials themselves didn't have a distortion shader.
- Fixed the Quellor’s clip rendering behind the gun if reloading while aiming.
- Fixed clients sometimes not getting Relic reward selection screen.
- Fixed Frame display showing when backing out of controller customization while in mission.
- Fixed single emissive colors not showing properly on Equinox and Khora.
- Fixed miniature Boiler pods that could get stuck lingering in mid-air.
- Fixed violent flickering in Helminth room.
- Fixed the too-thick dust in the middle of the Orbiter.
- Fixed Imperator GPU particles moving towards the camera.
- Fixed various issues with the Kuva Ayangya, including not firing sometimes in space.
- Fixed some attachments not showing combo multiplier FX.
- Fixed Saryn Prime appearing covered in a flickering triangle FX when casting Molt or Toxic Lash.
December 21st, 2019 Forum Post
Our last workweek Hotfix before the holiday break here at the DE studio! We still have lots we want to achieve with Empyrean, such as Wreckage Repair cancelling, Rank 10 Intrinsic balancing, and more! 2020 will bring these more adventurous changes, but we didn’t want to leave 2019 without a few more QOL changes and fixes.
We’ll still be around monitoring for any fires that require our Hotfixing attention - happy holidays, Tenno!
- Railjack Changes & Fixes
- Significantly increased the amount of Common Resources awarded by the End of Mission Rewards. This touches on our plans for Economy balancing within Railjack, and should lend a hand to furthering your Wreckage and Payload crafting projects!
- Crewship projectiles no longer seek after Archwings! They’ll still attempt to fire at you but they will no longer seek and one-hit-KO your Archwing.
- Fixed inability to enter the ‘Investigate Anomaly’ objective on Ruse War Field.
- Fixed screen turning completely black when inside a Blackhole, forever searching for that guy from that space movie with the books.
- Fixed players becoming stuck in an infinite loading tunnel when launching from the Orbiter.
- Fixed common crash that could occur when a Crewship was destroyed while someone was aboard.
- Fixed a crash when trying to access the Payload screen during Host migration, or at the start of the mission before it's done loading.
- Fixed Non-Elite Exo Fighters unable to spawn in Veil Proxima.
- Fixed Gyre Elites not dropping Avionics.
- Fixed characters in certain languages such as Simplified Chinese not showing correctly in input fields.
December 20th, 2019 Forum Post
- Railjack Changes & Fixes
- We’ve added improved visuals towards the Forge Stations in Railjack to better illustrate when a Station is busy. The floor ring located at the base of each Station will now appear lit when the Station is ready for Forging, and will appear unlit when the Station is busy. This also fixes missing progress circle UI for the Forge Stations to indicate when a Station is busy.
- Enemy Crewship UI markers will now always be displayed no matter what the range is to fix tedious scouring to find that poor last victim. We are also working on improving flow overall.
- Fixed missing controller key callouts on the Railjack Tactical Menu. You may notice no callout at all, which means the Tactical Menu is not bound to anything and you must bind it first.
- Fixed max ranked Battle Forge Railjack Avionic trying to subtract 3.4E+38 seconds (more than the age of the universe) from remaining Forge cooldown time.
- Fixed Railjack Engines and Reactors displaying as equipped on the wrong part of the Railjack (Engines on Wing Turrets, etc).
- Fixed activating the Omni gear recall twice in succession resulting in breaking the UI timer, not teleporting you, and inability to use it again.
- Fixed an unhackable console in a Grineer Galleon Railjack base
- Fixed End of Mission screen popping up and 2nd mission not starting when you fail a mission in Railjack, return to Dry Dock, and then try to start another mission.
- Fixes towards crashes occurring from Crewships.
- Fixed a crash related to Railjack encounters activating during a Host migration.
- Fixed a script error if Client is going from Dry Dock to a session hosted from the Orbiter.
- Fixed some Railjack interior textures appearing more ‘Wear & Tear’ than others.
- Fixed Fulmin (only when reduced to below 10 rounds on Semi-Auto firing mode), Flux Rifle, Kitguns with the 'Gaze' Chamber type and Pax Charge Arcane, Imperator/Vandal, Cycron, and Larkspur not recharging correctly.
- Fixed Aksomati Prime and Baza Prime having the same Riven Disposition as their normal variants despite the UI displaying their correct Disposition of 1.
- Fixed misplaced meshes in the Corpus Ship Exterminate tileset.
- Fixed a script error if the Host selects a mission while the Client is still loading into the squad.
December 19th, 2019 Forum Post
- Railjack Changes & Fixes
- Fixed Crewships being spawned as Tenno Faction, which resulted in numerous issues such as not attacking you, Fighters attacking it instead, and Railjack Turrets not doing any damage to it. This also fixes a fatal crash related to this bug.
December 18th, 2019 Forum Post
6 Days ago on PC, Empyrean launched! We have done 5 Hotfixes (here comes #6) with more to come before we rest up over the Holidays. Did the update release exactly as we had hoped? Not exactly - we’ve got bugs to fix and things to balance! Check out the Dev Workshop to read about where we are and coming changes: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1154580-empyrean-the-journey-so-far/
- Railjack Changes & Fixes
- Asteroids now drop multiple Resources! Alongside other Resources, this significantly increase Titanium gains; a prominent feedback request!
- You may notice a blinking indication on Veil Proxima from time to time. We suggest investigating...
- Pennant and Quellor Blueprints are now shared pickups; no longer required for all players to manually collect the pickup! Thanks for your patience as we work toward the rest of the on-foot items being picked up.
- You can now trade Avionics in your Dojo or Maroo’s Bazaar!
- Increased chance to get common and uncommon Resources from associated crates onboard Crewships and other Points of Interest to aid in your Forging and overall Resource required crafting needs. This increase in commons and uncommons was achieved by directing Rare resources to be space-combat only drops, and having common and uncommon more dominant on-foot.
- Points of Interest and Crewships that launch Ramsleds will now only do so 4 times. This fixes Crewships launching an infinite amount of Ramsleds to knock at your door.
- Changed the pips of Avionic Ranks vs Grid Ranks to better illustrate between the two.
- Added House icons to Avionic names for clarity.
- The Railjack name text now has its own separate color slot in the ‘Primary Text Color’.
- Optimizations towards performance when Piloting the Railjack.
- Removed scannable lore items from the ‘Investigate Anomaly’ objective nodes. They shall return when ready!
- Added visual variety to the asteroids in Saturn Proxima and Veil Proxima.
- Ramsleds have been given an upgrade the farther you progress into the Railjack Star Chart! Be on the lookout for shielded variants that will require precise aim and firepower!
- Revised description for error message about unable to find an open squad:
- Could not find an Open Squad. Please try again, or launch a new session from your personal Railjack stationed in a Dojo's Dry Dock.
- Fixed players being blocked from returning to Dry Dock after new Update/Hotfix/Host migration. You’ll now see a nice message telling you to return to the Dry Dock to get your goodies!
- Fixed incorrect droptable for all enemies in nodes that give you the ‘Investigate Anomaly’ objective.
- Fixed infinite spawn exploit from the Assassinate target, Blite in Galleon Points of Interest. The cooldown for him to spawn new minions now ramps up over time.
- Fixes towards cases where the End of Mission screen displays more Intrinsic earned than you actually did.
- Fixed being in all types of broken states if the Crewship you’re piloting blows up.
- Fixed Host migration after exposing a radiator in a point of interest (Pulse Turbine, Shipkiller Platform, etc) resulting in an inability to complete the mission.
- Fixed the Hyperflux Flux Capacity buff not properly applying to the Railjack.
- Potential fix towards losing Railjack objective markers after a Host migration.
- Potential fix for the Asteroid Hanger Crewship being stuck, resulting in an inability to complete the mission.
- Fixed inability to progress past certain doors in the Railjack Missile Platform interior. As reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/ebl6o7/there_is_no_hack_terminal_on_this_missile/
- Fixed the shortcut path not opening up for Clients when destroying the Core in the Missile Platform.
- Fixed for certain weapons still damaging the Elite Kosma Flak through it's shield ability.
- Fixed Rhino’s Iron Skin FX applying to the Nose/Wing Turrets.
- Fixed seeing tiny asteroids back in your Orbiter/Dry Dock.
- Fixed a script error if an encounter triggered during a Host migration.
- Fixed inability to equip the Astrea Skin/Helmet on Ivara Prime. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1153985-ivara-prime-astrea-skin/
- Fixed ability to yeet the Jordas Golem with Itzal’s Arch Line ability, thus breaking the mission.
- Fixed Excalibur Zato’s visor appearing to jitter instead of being rigid.
- Fixed missing Melee sounds on Zaws equipped with a Scythe or Nikana Skin.
- Fixed the Arit Longsword Skin being invisible and having no sounds if used on a Zaw.
- More fixes towards Elemental FX being misaligned on Zaw Skins.
- Fixed Trinity Prime having weird tail cloth physics.
- Fixed the Massif Prime Syandana getting stuck on Ivara Prime’s skirt cloth.
- Fixed the Ivara Kuvael Huntress Helmet floating away from Ivara Prime’s body.
- Fixed a script error when clicking an unnecessary Replicate button on Researched Dojo Pigments.
December 17th, 2019 Forum Post
- Avionics Drop Chance Increase + Dirac Resource Drop Change
Dirac is one-size-fits-all resource for Railjack upgrading - from Grid to Avionics. Wreckage can be scrapped for it, Avionics can be scrapped for it, and it can be found virtually everywhere in Railjack missions. Avionics are an important part of your Railjack customization and power experience, and are only found in a few places.
For this round of changes, we are doing the following:
- Removed Dirac from Grineer Fighter Drop Tables. This now means everywhere else (mission complete, scrapping, point of interest, etc) are the best sources for Dirac. Having Grineer Fighters be the best source for everything was overkill - they now are Avionics and Resource focused.
- Increased Avionics Drop Chance from 10% to 15% from Grineer Fighters. This means you will come across Avionics more frequently, thus - more chances at ones you don’t have, and more Dirac chances from your duplicates.
- Increased the Wreckage Dirac Scrap Values across the board by 3x.
- MK I Wreckage increased from 25 to 75 Dirac.
- MK II Wreckage increased from 50 to 150 Dirac.
- MK III Wreckage increased from 75 to 225 Dirac.
- This also fixed an issue with Clan Engines not all scaling correctly.
Next up on our list is Resources overall, universal Loot Pickup sharing, and more!
- Railjack Changes & Fixes
- Crewships now have their own unique enemy marker to differentiate them from all other fighters around!
- Removed (for real this time) Credit Caches from the Railjack rewards, as the ‘bonus rewards’ still included Credits.
- Elite Kosma Flaks will now only use their shield ability if facing their target.
- Removed Resource collection sound for all items except: Carbides, Copernics, Cubic Diodes and Pustrels due to a constant stream of that specific sound because it happens for every single pickup. Sound is now reserved for important Forging Resources!
- Fixed an exploit where Turret encounters would infinitely respawn despite not being intended to (nor Grineer having the means to generate infinite turrets, yet).
- Fixed inability to complete a Railjack mission with a Pulse Turbine objective if a Host migration occurred, due to vulnerable radiators respawning and breaking the objective.
- Fixes towards Clients taking a longer time than normal to load back into a Railjack mission after a Host migration has occurred. Clients will typically take longer than the Host to load back in, but hopefully this cuts down the load time a bit.
- Fixed Armament Wreckage not showing their innate bonuses before and after Repair. The before Repair stats can be seen by selecting the *Armament Wreckage and pressing TAB.
- Fixed unequipping and equipping Railjack Components resulting in their upgrades stacking.
- Fixed a potential script error with the Missile Platforms in Railjack missions.
- Fixed a script error when using the Railjack Particle Ram.
- Fixed Octavia using the default songs for Clients.
- Fixed Kubrow animations popping/jittering when returning to the Incubator after the menu is opened.
- Fixes towards Syandana’s clipping through Excalibur Zato Skins body.
- Fixed a script error when the Eidolon Teralyst screams.
- Fixed a script error when casting numerous Archwing abilities.
- Fixed a script error when casting numerous Warframe abilities.
December 17th, 2019 Forum Post - Ivara Prime
- IVARA PRIME HAS ARRIVED!
Practice stealth as you track your prey, then strike with ruthless precision as Ivara Prime! No hunt is complete without the Baza Prime and Aksomati Prime!
- Ivara Prime
As regal and lethal as a nighttime wood, this is the queen of the hunt in her ultimate form.
- Baza Prime
The Orokin-engineered definition of silent lethality.
- Aksomati Prime
The elegant Aksomati precisely refined to its ultimate manifestation.
You can find Ivara Prime, Baza Prime, and Aksomati Prime Relics in their classic spots (Void, Derelict, Defense, Survival, etc) with the addition of Railjack missions - All Credit Cache Rewards have been replaced with Relics! Check your in-game Codex for Relic drop locations.
Get the newest Prime gear with Ivara Prime Access and Prime Accessories here: https://www.warframe.com/prime-access
With this Vaulting comes the shift of the following Syndicate Sacrifices:
- Replaced Steel Meridian’s Sacrifice of Zephyr Prime Chassis with Equinox Prime Neuroptics
- Replaced Arbiters of Hexis’ Sacrifice of Kronen Prime Blade with Tipedo Prime Handle
- Replaced Perrin Sequence’s Sacrifice of Zephyr Prime Chassis with Wukong Prime Chassis
If you already wield the power of these Primes or have their Relics in your Inventory, they will remain after the Vaulting.
- Railjack Changes & Fixes
- Added Railjack Health perks for performing repairs on the Railjack:
- 15% of max Health for Fire and Electricity Traps
- 20% of max Health for Ruptures
- 30% of max Health for Hull Breaches
- Currently a Hull Breach Repair grants you 10 seconds of Railjack invulnerability. With the added Health perk for Hull Breaches, we’ve tweaked the Railjack Invulnerability time to grant a benefit to those with haste to compensate! Repairing a Hull Breach now grants Railjack invulnerability scaled to the amount of time left on the ‘Catastrophic Failure Imminent' timer. You can get anywhere from 5 - 15 seconds of Railjack invulnerability based on your Hull Breach Repair urgency.
- Removed Credit Caches from the Railjack reward table! Relics have been added in Railjack missions to compensate for this.
- Increased the cooldown of the Elite Kosma Flak's Shield ability and fixed the shield not actually blocking damage sometimes.
- Adjusted hit boxes on the Elite Kosma Flak for improved accuracy.
- Adjustments to the Archwing Cannon firing animation for a less janky launch.
- Removed a certain floating prison found in Railjack missions due to numerous collision/sizing issues. It shall return at a later date!
- Enabled Push-To-Talk in Railjack keyboard bindings.
- Removed Crewship eligibility from the Simulacrum.
- Fixed the Sover Strait node missing from Earth Proxima.
- Fixed attempting to load to the Dry Dock through the Railjack from the Orbiter sometimes causing infinite loading or a crash.
- Fixed a soft lock when attempting to Repair Wreckage in someone else's Dojo.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to load into a Railjack mission with a Friend.
- Fixed a crash when returning to the Dry Dock from a failed mission.
- Fixed a crash when selecting a Shield Array MK III.
- Fixed having to re-complete the Railjack objectives if there was a Host migration.
- Fixed getting numerous script errors after completing multiple missions and a Host migration occurred. This could result in objectives breaking or not updating after the migration.
- Fixed Pilot Intrinsic “Ramming Speed” not functioning.
- Fixed missing Railjack Health after a Host migration occured.
- Fixed the ‘Ramming Speed’ Pilot skill not functioning.
- Fixes towards infinite Railjack Void tunnel when transitioning from different levels.
- Fixed being placed in a weird state if you tried to launch out of the Railjack Cannon right after the Host did.
- Fixed enemy Crewships attempting to fire at things that aren't visible, either due to cover or via being invisible (ie. Itzal).
- Fixed discrepancies with End of Mission Intrinsics gained sometimes not displaying correctly.
- Fixed Railjack End of Mission results getting stuck on screen if kept open during return to Dry Dock.
- Fixes towards Clients not seeing all their gained items on the End of Mission screen when returning to the Dry Dock.
- Fixed not being awarded the Forging Bay Resources from your Railjack mission upon returning to the Dry Dock.
- Fixed some Railjack Components not having their upgrades unapplied when the Component is removed.
- Fixed Shield Arrays with the Shield redirection buff giving the Railjack an infinite buff. This also removes the resistance buff from the shield redirection buff. Wing Turrets still receive the same damage bonus on next shot.
- Fixed the Avionic Scrap screen not displaying the Ranks of Avionics.
- Fixed the Avionic Scrap screen perpetually appearing when opening your Inventory screen if you accessed the Scrap screen prior.
- Fixed turning invisible if you were in another players Railjack Arsenal when the mission started.
- Fixed Railjack walls appearing invisible when a Ramsled hits you while you're in the Nose Turret AR (Augmented Reprojection) mode.
- Fixed Warframe ability sounds not playing properly when in a Railjack Turret.
- Fixed the Dry Dock platform used to enter the Railjack clipping into it if the Caballero Railjack Skin is equipped.
- Fixed base Components displaying a rank . These are base items that have no rank.
- Fixed ability to craft more Munition than you can afford in the Payload screen, thus going into the negative values and receiving an error.
- Fixed Dredger and Outrider projectiles going through collisions.
- Fixed a script error when the Forward Artillery Cannon is charging while someone is transitioning between the Railjack and Archwing.
- Fixed cases of the Forward Artillery Cannon becoming stuck when attempting to face your target.
- Fixed the Forward Artillery Cannon not functioning after a Host migration has occurred.
- Fixes towards the Railjack appearing very dark (Cy forgot to pay the hydro bill).
- Fixed seeing the wrong prompt when attempting to further rank up an already max rank Intrinsic.
- Fixed missing texture in the Tactical Menu minimap when it's opened while returning to the Dry Dock.
- Fixed duplicate description text for Reactors with the "chance to automatically seal a breach" perk.
- Fixed Outriders being stuck to Turrets in their Codex diorama.
- Fixed losing your chosen UI Theme when Piloting a Railjack.
- Fixed Client audio replication bugs on the Radar Tower in Railjack.
- Fixes to some Archwing Cannon sounds not playing correctly.
- Fixed Octavia Abilities not properly ducking ambient and combat music in Railjack.
- Fixed some overly repetitive Cy transmissions.
- Fixed missing transmissions for Gallen/Asteroid Base points of interest.
- Fixed missing descriptions for Chat linked Railjack Resources.
- Fixed a script error when using the Omni.
- Fixed a script error when viewing/closing the Tactical Menu.
- Fixed a script error in the Railjack HUD.
- Fixed a script error when a Crewship encounter started.
- Fixed script error that can occur when reviving after dying in a Turret.
- Fixed inability to play the Kuva Fortress Pago Spy node.
- Fixed being loaded into a completely different mission when attempting to play a dynamic mission types (Kuva Siphons, Syndicate etc) when using Public matchmaking. This only occurred if there were more than one of that mission-type on the same planet at the same time.
- Fixed Sawgaws being near impossible to Tranq.
- Fixes towards Excalibur Zato’s front cloth clipping which could sometimes result in weird triangle cloth textures.
- Fixes towards clipping issues with Excalibur Zato’s left shoulder fur cloth.
- More fixes towards Syandanas clipping into Titania’s Empress Skin.
- Fixed the Gear wheel not having correct tooltips when switching back and forth between Gear and Emotes.
- Fixed two different weapon sounds being heard when firing Titania’s Dex Pixia with the Hawkmoth Skin equipped.
- Fixed a script error when viewing Profit-Taker Orb in the Codex.
- Fixed script error that could occur when Nullifier dome collides with a Kuva cloud.
- Fixed a script error related to Venari.
- Fixed script errors when your Kuva Lich would attempt to Dodge or Decoy.
- Fixed script errors for numerous Warframe ability castings.
- Fixed a script error when the Molecular Conversion Taxon Precept Mod deactivates.
- Fixed a script error when being pulled by a Grineer Scorpion.
- Fixed an issue with Grineer Ghouls causing a script error.
- Fixed missing translations in some languages that were being presented in English.
December 16th, 2019 Forum Post
*We've made a change related to the Umbra Forma Blueprint reward. These are an intentional reward drop for Railjack missions in the Veil Proxima region (harder enemies, better rewards)! Wires got crossed to have it drop on Earth, which is not intentional.
- Railjack Changes & Fixes
- Corrected Zekti Cryphon stats to their intended values. This fixes the Zekti Cryphon not having stronger damage than the base Cryphon.
- Tweaked flares and explosion FX of Fighters and Crewships in Railjack missions.
- Fixed incorrect scale and lighting of a certain prison.
- Fixed missing collision on some Crewships in Railjak.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to join a player’s Railjack from their Orbiter.
- Fixed a script crash that could kill your Railjack HUD.
- Fix for Clients not seeing turret weapon attachment animations in Railjack.
- Removed an unnecessary friendship door from Saturn Grineer Asteroid tileset interior.
- Fixed missing in-world transmissions on Jupiter's Gas City tileset.
- Fixed Terra Embattor Moa's mortar attack breaking if a target was destroyed while being targeted.
- Fixed script crash if an Arbitration Shield Drone tried to protect certain types of NPC.
- Fixed a network race condition that could lead to missing Client-side FXs in Hijack missions.
- Fixed broken HUD elements in Hijack missions after a Host migration.
- Fixed a script error that would occur if a Client joined a fishing party in progress.
- Fixed a script error when casting Volt’s Discharge ability.
- Fixed a script error when casting Nova’s Molecular Prime ability.
- Fixed a script error related to Kavats.
- Fixed a potential script error in the Revenge Sentinel Precept.
- Fixed a potential script error in the Unleashed Kubrow Precept.
*Please note that we’re still working on getting updated droptables with the new Railjack nodes.
December 13th, 2019 Forum Post
Please bear with us as we triage and fix issues with the surprise Update! Warframe: Empyrean is indeed here! We will be working diligently to fix major game-breaking issues as they appear. Solid reproduction steps will help us greatly in appropriate forums!
- Railjack Changes & Fixes
- Increased the vacuum radius on Archwing and Railjack
- Railjack 200-250
- Archwing 25-50
- Reduced the the hold time to upgrade Avionics by 50%.
- Made the number of Fresnels and Nullstones that drop match the number dropped by other rare resources.
- Doubled the amount of End of Mission Railjack commons and slightly increased uncommons.
- Changed RailJack ‘Form A Crew’ button to also include ‘Select A Mission’ instruction
- Railjack Avionics, Dirac, and Wreckage can now vacuumed by Archwing.
- Changed spawning balance near end of Skirmish missions so there are fewer Crewships and Fighters as objectives near completion.
- Reduced damage multiplier on Crewship engines.
- Made Crewships more resilient to Archwing fire.
- Fixed tooltips reporting the wrong Engineering Intrinsic ranks while trying to craft Munitions and Doma Charges during missions
- Fixed Clients bypassing pre-death state of Crewships, causing them to die prematurely.
- Fixed Grineer Railjack Boarding Party having some incorrect Melee FX.
- Fixed screen staying dark sometimes after leaving the Railjack customization screen.
- Fixed camera getting suck on Reactor Room screen when closing Railjack customization.
- Fixed unlocked Railjack Research showing when selecting ‘Hide Owned’.
- Fixed ‘Hide Owned’ not working for Railjack Research.
- Fixed Railjack randomize customization so it only selects from owned items.
- Fixed cases of not being able to swap Glyphs on Railjack.
- Fixed BENDAR CLUSTER node missing from Earth Proxima.
- Fixed Fire Rate random buff not applying on Wreckage Railjack Armaments.
- Fixed being able to install multiple Railjack Avionics of same parent type, if you have an Avionic of a base type equipped (AKA two of the same Hull Wave Avionics).
- Fixed Ramsleds not despawning between Railjack missions.
- Fixed being able to board the Archwing Slingshot in the Railjack while still in Hyperspace.
- Fixed the Archwing Slingshot breaking for Clients if they tried to use it immediately after the Host.
- Fixed Railjack malfunctions (Hull Breaches, etc) not being cleared on return to Dojo
- Fixed a lingering fade-to-black when entering the Railjack from the Dry Dock.
- Fixed a crash that occurred if you opened a locker before the Master Key Parazon Mod triggered.
- Fixed Crewships not disengaging and warping away after an objective is finished.
- Fixed Railjack HUD scaling not saving properly.
- Fixed Orbiter Star Chart not checking Intrinsic requirements for joining Railjack missions.
- Fixed script error in Railjack Point of Interest weak point script after a Host migration.
- Fixed a bug for Clients where spinning Pulse Turbine blades animation will look laggy.
- Fixed a bug with electricity FX not appearing after Pulse Turbine cable destruction.
- Fixed left hand clipping on Excalibur Zato idle animation.
- Fixed script crash that could occur when a Crewship spawns.
- Fixed script crash that could occur from Fighter Escort spawns.
- Fixed script crash that could occur when Fabricating in the Dry Dock.
- Fixed script crash that could occur from Railjack pilot and guns.
- Fixed explosion sounds in Railjack not respecting sound sliders.
- Fixed a harmless network race condition that could lead to a script error.
- Fixed a number of network race conditions that could break the portal in Sanctuary Onslaught.
- Fixed script crash that could occur from Rhino’s Iron Skin ability.
- Fixed script crash that could occur from Energy Shell.
- Fixed script crash that could occur from Nekros’ Desecrate ability.
- Fixed script crash that could occur from Gauss’ Redline ability.
- Fixed script crash that could occur from Mirage’s Sleight of Hand ability.
- Fixed script crash that could occur from Wukong’s Cloud Walker ability.
- Fixed script crash that could occur from Wisp’s Reservoirs ability.
- Fixed script crash that could occur from enemies using Switch Teleport.
- Fixed script crash that could occur from Fishing.
- Fixed script crash that could occur from completing a Bounty.
- Fixed script crash that could occur when fighting Vay Hek.
- Fixed script crash that could occur when fighting the Raptor.
- Fixed script crash that could occur from Vauban’s Minelayer ability.
- Fixed script crash that could occur in the Disruption gamemode.
- Fixed script crash that could occur from Hildryn’s Balefire ability.
- Fixed script crash that could occur from a Grineer Scorpion enemy.
- Fixed a script crash that could occur when dealing damage with Rakta Dark Dagger.
- Fixed script crash that could occur when picking up a Convergence Orb.
- Fixed script crash if an Ancient Healer tried to protect certain types of NPC
- Fixed script crash that could break specific encounters on the Orb Vallis.
December 13th, 2019 Forum Post
The first of many Hotfixes, no doubt! Please bear with us as we triage and fix issues with the surprise Update! Warframe: Empyrean is indeed here! We will be working diligently to fix major game-breaking issues as they appear. Solid reproduction steps will help us greatly in appropriate forums!Changes:
- Sentients in the Railjack Key retrieval mission no longer drop loot to address farming infinite Resources. This mission is intended to be a one-and-done mission to give you your Railjack Reliquary Key.
- Fixed not being able to join a Railjack mission from the Star Chart if you hadn't already completed the node.
- Fixed Intrinsic not showing on the End of Mission screen when returning to Dojo from Railjack.
- Fixed getting a duplicate Avionic pickup when just picking up one in a Railjack mission.
- Fixed script error when starting a mission from your Orbiter, proceeding to the Dry Dock instead, and then starting a Railjack mission from Dry Dock and skipping the cinematic.
- Fixed the Railjack Wing Turrets FX lingering across the game until you restarted.
- Fixed a crash when on the Railjack Pilot seating during level level transition.
- Fixed a crash when transitioning to missions from the Railjack.
- Fixed a crash when failing a Railjack mission.
- Fixed a crash when in the Intrinsics screen.
- Fixed a crash when in the Options menu.
- Fixed a crash when firing the Acrid.
- Fixed a crash related to the Inbox.
- Fixed a crash when looking at Warframe Ability videos in the Arsenal.
- Fixed a script error when casting Revenant’s Enthrall ability.
- Fixed a script error when casting Rhino’s Iron Skin ability.
- Fixed a script error when casting Nekros’ Desecrate ability.
- Fixed a script error when casting Vauban’s Minelayer ability.
- Fixed a script error when casting Gauss’ Redline ability.
- Fixed a script error when casting Wisp’s Reservoirs ability.
- Fixed a script error when casting Mirage’s Sleight Of Hand ability.
- Fixed a script error when casting Wukong’s Primal Fury ability.
- Fixed a script error when casting Harrow’s Thurible ability.
- Fixed [HC] text appearing for ‘Waiting For Players’ and ‘Leaving Soon’.
December 13th, 2019 Forum Post - Empyrean
- Empyrean: Update 27
- EMPYREAN: TAKE FLIGHT
- Update 27 has arrived.
Empyrean has arrived - your journey with your Railjack has just begun.
We’re here to answer one simple question for you: “How do I play Empyrean?”
If you have completed the ‘RISING TIDE’ Quest, you are ready. If not - squad up with a Railjack-ready Tenno, or begin the Quest yourself.
Earth Proxima, Saturn Proxima, and Veil Proxima are destinations your Railjack can access with this Update. Things get harder the further from Earth you stray - prepare yourself and your squad. It will take time to master your Railjack.
Empyrean brings the foundations of a new progression system - INTRINSICS, as well as completely new Avionics, Gear, and Resources for you to earn and find. You and your crew will need to stay together to stay alive.
This is the beginning of Empyrean. War is coming.
Is your Crew ready? The Warframe Team
Hello, and thank you for flying with Warframe Empyrean! The following notes are your go-to manual and guide towards the success of your own Railjack experience. We’ve split the Empyrean category of the notes into 2 main sections:
PRE-FLIGHT, everything you need to know to arm your vessel for grofit, and IN-FLIGHT OPERATIONS, what you will experience whilst aboard your Railjack.
- 1. PRE-FLIGHT
If you’ve been following along with the development of Empyrean you’ll know that this ambitious content is highly geared towards the Co-op experience. It is entirely possible Solo, but the difficulty may be overwhelming. Greater Solo support will be coming in 2020 with the Command Intrinsic (explained below under INTRINSICS).
Finished “RISING TIDE”? The time has come to breathe life into your dormant Railjack. Enter your Railjack and proceed to the Reliquary located in the aft. From there you’ll initiate a mission to seek the missing piece before you can Take Flight… good luck, Tenno.
The RESEARCH console in your Dry Dock allows access to different ARMAMENTS and COMPONENTS towards your Railjack in your Clan. The Research will be Clan-wide, and players will be able to Fabricate the completed Research to build in the Foundry for their respective Railjack.
The base MK of each COMPONENT, (Shield Array, Engine, Reactor) and ARMAMENT (Nose Turret, Wing Turrets, and Ordnance) are available to Research. Once you have fully Researched the base MK, the next MK is unlocked for Research (with MK 3 being the max).
COMPONENTS and ARMAMENTS can also be found in missions as WRECKAGE items from long-destroyed Railjacks from The Old War. These WRECKAGE parts require Repairs to bring them back to their former glory, which you can either Fund (similar to Foundry) or with the use of a Rush Repair Drone in the CONFIGURE panel to instantly turn it from WRECKAGE to usable gear (find it in the Market!).
Each WRECKAGE part has its own unique set of stats that can be applied, such as Status Effects, increased Fire Rate, etc. If you decide this WRECKAGE part is not needed in your Inventory you can choose to SCRAP it in 2 different ways:
- SCRAPPING a WRECKAGE item before Repairs grants Dirac, the currency used to upgrade your AVIONICS GRID, or your Avionic themselves (similar to Endo).
- SCRAPPING a WRECKAGE item after Repairing gives you back your crafting materials you spent to Repair it (Titanium, Carbides, etc).
WRECKAGE parts belong to their respective House -- Lavan, Vidar, and Zetki -- which you will see also referred to in the AVIONICS section.
You can have a capacity max of 30 WRECKAGE in your Inventory. Any new WRECKAGE obtained will be automatically scrapped for Dirac, so managing your Inventory and Repairing when able is important!
- CONFIGURE RAILJACK
The CONFIGURE RAILJACK console in your Dry Dock is the home for the guts of your Railjack and for your own personal set of skills as a Tenno.
Equip your desired Shield Array, Engines, and Reactor to your Railjack! Here is where you can also Repair or SCRAP your WRECKAGE COMPONENTS.
Shield Array: Determine your Railjack’s Shield capacity and regeneration rate/decay.
Engines: Determine your Railjack’s top speed, acceleration, and handling (turning rate).
Reactor: Determine your Railjack’s Avionics Capacity for Avionics, as well as Flux Energy Capacity for Tactical Abilities and Battle Avionics.
Equip your desired Nose Turret, Wing Turrets, and Ordnance for your Railjack! Here is where you can also Repair or SCRAP your WRECKAGE ARMAMENTS.
Nose Turret: The Railjack Turret solely used by the Pilot.
Wing Turrets: The Railjack Turrets that are located on both the port and starboard side of the Railjack, and can be used by non-pilot crew members.
Ordnance: Ordnance weapons are more powerful than your Turrets, but are limited by Munitions, to get you out of some hairy situations.
This is where you can really boost your Railjack's core functionality - AVIONICS attribute to your Railjack's overall performance and destructive capabilities!
All Players will be provided 3 complimentary Avionics to give them a head start on outfitting their Railjacks:
Bulkhead - Increases your Railjack’s Hull!
Hyperstrike - Increases all Turret Damage!
Hull Weave - Increases your Railjack’s Armor!
The AVIONICS screen is split into numerous sections:
STATISTICS: Shows the accumulated stats for the Railjack after all the Avionics, Components, and Armaments are installed.
BATTLE: Onboard systems, unique to the Railjack. These work like Warframe Abilities, but are Railjack specific.
INTEGRATED: Passive stat increased for the Railjacks weapons, shields, and more.
TACTICAL: Real time utility Avionics for heated battle decisions.
Just like Modding anything in Warframe, Railjack has an Avionics Capacity, which represents the space available to add Avionics. By using Dirac, the currency gained from SCRAPPING or completing Railjack missions, you can Upgrade in AVIONICS for 2 purposes:
- GRID: The slots which Avionics are placed. Each GRID can be Upgraded with Dirac to a max of 3 times, thus being able to hold stronger Avionics.
- AVIONICS: Avionics themselves can also be Upgraded by using Dirac. Similar to the Mods you know now: the higher the upgrade, the higher cost to equip it in your GRID.
Meet House Lavan, makers of Railjack technology from the Old War. Specializing in engines and shields, House Lavan focused on delivering rock-solid technology at a lower resource cost. Their components were the backbone of the Orokin fleet but lacked the customization required by elite units.
Meet House Vidar, makers of Railjack technology from the Old War. House Vidar were material specialists that made a name for themselves with the shrewd balancing of performance and cost. The ability of their hull and armor components to withstand extreme elements earned them the loyalty of specialized units.
Meet House Zetki, makers of Railjack technology from the Old War. House Zetki's components were considered the best of the best. However, their exorbitant resource and energy requirements meant that only the fleet's most important vessels could be outfitted with Zetki technology.
There are different Houses of Railjack COMPONENTS, ARMAMENTS, and AVIONICS (Lavan, Vidar, and Zetki) that offer different strengths and weaknesses, allowing you to further customize your Railjack upgrading experience. Many of the same Avionics exist across the Houses. For example, you will find 3 different versions of the Avionic ‘ANODE CELL’ - a Lavan version, a Vidar version, and a Zetki version.
SCRAPPING can also be done to your Avionics for more Dirac.
- New Railjack Damage & Status Effect Types:
Throughout the COMPONENTS, ARMAMENTS, and AVIONICS options you’ll notice new Damage & Status Effect types. These new Damage & Status Effect types are unique to Railjack’s escalated combat space - things get crazy out in space!
- Particle Damage results in a Tear Status Effect:
- Tears holes into the hull of the enemy ship. Allowing players to deal increased damage.
- Ballistic Damage results in a Concuss Status Effect:
- Concuss the crew aboard the ship. Enemy has reduced aim and damage.
- Plasma Damage results in a Decompress Status Effect:
- Puncture holes into the armor/shields of the enemy ship. Decreasing the overall shield/armour value.
- Incendiary Damage results in a Sear Status Effect:
- Rounds burn through the hull of the ship dealing Damage Over Time.
- Ionic Damage results in a Scramble Status Effect:
- Temporary disable the enemies flight controls.
- Chem Damage results in a Intoxicate Status Effect:
- Confuses Enemy pilot. Enemy will target anyone around them.
- Frost Damage results in an Immobilize Status Effect:
- Ship controls freeze causing the enemy ship to fly forward to a stop.
Prepare for your mission at hand by stocking up in the Dry Dock! By consuming specific Resources you can craft the following in advance:
The Omni gear item requires Revolite to carry out repairs on your Railjack as you take damage in battle.
- Flux Energy
Battle and Tactical Avionics use Flux Energy.
- Dome Charge
Dome charges are consumed by Forward Artillery.
Munitions are required to launch Ordnance.
These items can also be crafted in your Railjack in the heat of battle as you collect Resources in realtime (explained below under RESOURCE FORGE), so don’t worry if your Resource wallet is a bit dry before you take flight.
This skill point based system is your personal home base for core progression aboard your Railjack! Intrinsics determine how efficient and effective your personal skills are when in flight, from the artillery you can equip, your Railjack maneuvering skills, and much more! Each Intrinsic has a max rank of 10, with each rank granting a better boost towards its respective Intrinsic. As the Intrinsic rank grows, so does the cost at which it requires to be ranked up!
Each Intrinsic Point Spent earns you 1,500 Mastery. If you complete 10 ranks in a given Intrinsic, that will be 15,000 Mastery. Months from now, if you complete 10 ranks in every Intrinsic, that will be 60,000 Mastery!
Earning: Intrinsics are earned by completing Railjack missions, and by performing actions to aid in the success of the mission: repairs, boarding party combat, etc.
Spending: Intrinsics are a general skill currency that can be allocated to whichever Railjack skill you want. These can be boosted when you're back in your Dry Dock or in the Profile Menu screen back in your Orbiter.
Increase your focus on the big picture of battle. Improved Tactical skills such as recalling back to the Railjack, powerful Tactical deployment abilities, and more.
Forge a bond with the vessel. Improved Pilot skills with Railjack maneuvers like Dodge and Drift, asteroid collision damage reduction, and more.
Unlock the deadly power of your Arsenal. Improved Gunnery skills towards your Railjack’s weaponry, access to the Archwing Catapult, and more.
Mend the scars of battle and feed the war machine. Improved Engineering skills to bolster battle crafting yields, forge payload items in real time, and more.
- COMMAND* 2020.
In an upcoming Empyrean expansion the Command Intrinsics will be available to increase the efficiency of your on-board Railjack crew.
*When the COMMAND Intrinsic launches in 2020, we will also offer a chance to rebalance your Intrinsic skills, thus refunding you all your spent Intrinsics to edit your skills however you please with the addition of COMMAND.
Truly the most important and crucial element to a Railjack are the customizations! Here you can choose your Railjacks exterior and interior colors, give it a personalized name fit for battle, slap on a Glyph of your choice, apply a Railjack Skin if you’re a Jar Jar Binks hater, and choose the ‘Wear & Tear’ level! Sticks and stones won’t break Tenno bones but the void of space will judge your fashionframe choices.
- RAILJACK MISSION REGIONS
- PROXIMA: EARTH, SATURN, DEEP SPACE.
A new selection of missions in the PROXIMA regions of planets and space have appeared.
If you don’t have a Railjack or are wanting to join another crew, you can do so using the “Join a Crew” toggle in the Star Chart. If you want to use your own Railjack, you can “Form a Crew” and host the mission by starting it from Navigation in your Railjack.
You can enter your Railjack from the Dry Dock itself, via the Railjack express console at the back of your Orbiter (located just outside the Personal Quarters area), or by accessing the “Board Railjack” option in the Menu from your Orbiter (option to “Return to Orbiter” is also available while on the Railjack!).
Change your Warframe's Loadout before taking flight by accessing the Arsenal located within your Railjack, across from the boarding port. The Arsenal is disabled once you have taken off, so select the best gear for the mission before hand.
- EARTH PROXIMA
Earth Proxima is the beginning region for Empyrean. It is here where you will experience the tried-and-true Exterminate missions, with the added twist of taking down Points of Interest that offer you additional challenge. You will be able to earn important Avionics and Resources here to grow more powerful. All Affinity Earned will count toward INTRINSIC POINTS, which allow you to progress in your chosen Intrinsics - you can specialize, or be a jack of all trades! The choice is completely up to you.
1) FREE FLIGHT - We recommend starting here. A free-flight mode that allows you to practice flying / boarding / and more. No Affinity is earned here.
- SATURN PROXIMA: Requires RANK 3 INTRINSIC in any Category.
Once you have completed all Earth Proxima nodes, you or a crewmember may have enough Intrinsic Points to unlock SATURN PROXIMA. Here you will find better gear, and missions that have more complexity than just Exterminate. Good Luck!
- VEIL PROXIMA: Requires RANK 7 INTRINSIC in any Category.
VEIL PROXIMA is a mysterious region. Only the best will survive it, and what they find will change things forever.
RUSE WAR FIELD
- 2. IN-FLIGHT OPERATIONS
While the heat of battle rages on outside the glass of your Railjack, there will be plenty to do inside to maintain not only your Railjack’s survivability, but also your team’s survivability!
There are 3 Turrets aboard this Railjack. One in the pilot seat, and two on the port and starboard sides. Each Turret is also equipped with Ordnance for your destruction pleasures. The Railjack has 6 emergency exits that will eject you into space via your Archwing. Towards the top aft of the Railjack holds your Archwing Catapult that Gunnery Intrinsic Rank 3 will be able to access!
- BOARDING PARTIES
Sometimes the fight gets brought to you, Tenno! Incoming enemy Ramsleds will puncture your Railjack with enemies spilling out into your interior for combat. Their job is to inflict as much damage as possible to the Railjack, resulting in continued fires, while also seeking out your crew. Taking out these boarding parties will be crucial to the health of your Railjack!
- TACTICAL MENU: Prerequisite Tactical Intrinsic Rank 1
The higher your Tactical Intrinsic skill, the more enhanced your Tactical Menu will become! By pressing the default ‘L’ key, your view will shift to aid in you and your squadmates’ realtime actions.
- Railjack Tactical Abilities
Located on the Tactical Menu screen, your chosen Railjack Tactical Avionics that you equipped back in the Dry Dock are accessed here. These Abilities affect the Railjack as a whole, such as Void Cloak, etc. Although these Tactical Abilities do have a cool down, they do not draw from the Railjack Flux Energy pool.
- Minimap, Squad Stats & Tasks
The initial minimap shown represents your own. Pressing the default ‘TAB’ key will shift the view between your squadmates and their minimap location. Here you will also see their vitals, location name, and option to remote drop their respective Warframe Ability! If things are on fire (literally) or your Railjack Flux Energy pool is depleted, you can suggest tasks for squadmates to do, which Cy will graciously instruct them to do.
- Remote Warframe Abilities
The Tactical Menu allows you to remote detonate Warframe Abilities respective to the Warframes in your squad! See your Wukong squadmate being overtaken while aboard an enemy Crewship? Remote drop a Celestial Twin right beside them for backup!
These Warframe Ability drops require Flux Energy at the cost of your Railjacks Flux Energy pool - so use wisely! Those with a top tier Tactical Intrinsic rank will see reduced Flux Energy costs and reduced cooldown times.
- FIRES & HULL BREACHES
Upon the Railjack taking Health damage, fires will start to litter the many levels and corners of the Railjack! By equipping the Omni item in your gear wheel that is automatically given to you when you board a Railjack, you can target these fires and extinguish them!
If you fail to extinguish all the fires with haste, a Hull Breach will occur! Hull Breaches are represented in the minimap as red flame icons as opposed to normal fires which are orange. A Hull Breach is serious business, and Cy isn’t messing around when he says that critical failure is imminent. Once fires and Hull Breaches have been fully extinguished the Railjacks Health will be restored! If Hull Breaches are not extinguished within the given time on the UI, the mission will fail.
The Omni is not infinite, and does require its own ammo, called Revolite. Revolite can be crafted in the PAYLOAD screen back in the Dry Dock, or onboard the Railjack in real time (see RESOURCE FORGE section).
- RESOURCE FORGE
Located in the aft bunker of the Railjack is the Forging Bay! Similar to the PAYLOAD screen in the Dry Dock, you can Forge Revolite, Flux Energy, Dome Charges, and Munitions in real time as the mission progress! Copernics, Cubic Diodes, Carbides, and Pustrels collected throughout the mission are directly attributed to this screen and are eligible for Forging!
All Resources earned in Railjack missions that are not spent Forging will be awarded upon a successful End of Mission!
- NEW RESOURCES
Railjack Resources are littered out in that vast starry void of never ending stars! These will be crucial to collect to advance the technology of your Railjack:
- NEW REWARDS
Alongside the Resources listed above, new and familiar rewards await you in Railjack missions:
- WRECKAGE (COMPONENTS AND ARMAMENTS)
- Components and Armaments from The Old War exist as WRECKAGE in the Proxima regions. Find these and Repair them to use them! You can Repair these by contributing Resources, like in the Foundry but done in the Dry Dock, or instantly with a Repair Rush Drone.
- AVIONICS (BATTLE, INTEGRATED, TACTICAL)
- AVIONICS are your key to Upgrading your Railjack. Obtain these to increase your offensive, defense, and tactical prowess! These can be upgraded with DIRAC (below). Avionics drop from Railjack enemies in space - destroy them for your Avionics!
- Over 60 Avionics are out there - find them all, Tenno!
- RIVEN SLIVER
- Introduced in Update 26: The Old Blood, bring 10 of these to Palladino for a Riven! Limited to 1 Riven per week.
- FORMA BLUEPRINT
- Players have often requested an alternate path to obtain Forma Blueprints. Forma Blueprints can be found within the rewards of Railjack!
- Dirac is a powerful Resource that makes your Avionics and Railjack stronger. Use it to Upgrade your Railjack’s Grid and Avionics!
- CAPTURA SCENES
- & MORE MYSTERIES WITHIN VEIL PROXIMA
The deeper you venture into the unknown, the greater the quality of the reward!
- And thus concludes our guide to Railjack! We hope you have a safe and pleasant flight!
- NEW DELUXE ITEMS
- EXCALIBUR ZATO SKIN
He who has nothing to lose is truly free. This skin for Excalibur embodies the nomadic, unbowed spirit of those who call every world home.
- OKU NIKANA SKIN
This Nikana skin is an ode to a beautiful life cut short. A signature Nikana skin for Excalibur Zato.
- EXCALIBUR ZATO COLLECTION
Wander the world, beholden to none. The Excalibur Zato bundle includes the Excalibur Zato Skin, Zato Sugatra and the Oku Nikana Skin.
- EXCALIBUR ZATO ANIMATIONS
Both Excalibur Zato’s Agile and Noble Animations are available for purchase in the Market! These animations can be equipped on any Warframe of your choosing.
- OPERATOR ZATO COLLECTION
The System is yours with this Excalibur Zato-inspired cosmetic collection for your Operator. Includes Zato Oculus, Zato Earpiece and Zato Facial Accessory for your Operator.
- NEW REINFORCEMENTS
The Quellor was standard-issue to Dax Railjack crews of the Old War, dating back to the earliest, pre-Sigma craft. A rapid-fire assault rifle with a hefty magazine-size, the Quellor is an all-round workhorse.
The steel flag of Old War Railjack crews, the Pennant was invaluable in repelling boarders.
- NEW COSMETICS
- ZUNDI PISTOL SKIN
As no Zundi weapons survive from the Old War, this formidable pistol skin was created to honor them. Stout, distinctive, and intimidating - it is a reminder of times past.
- SIGMA SERIES SUGATRA
A Sugatra that was traditionally clipped to the weapons of Old War Railjack crews.
- SIGMA SERIES ARMOR BUNDLE
The hardened Sigma Series Armor was recognized battle dress for Old War Railjack Warframes.
- SIGMA SERIES PARAZON SKIN
This Parazon model was gifted to the first Warframe Railjack crews.
- SIGMA SERIES SYANDANA
This Syandana was a mark of honor, and part of the battle dress of Warframe Railjack crews.
- SIGMA SERIES KAVAT ARMOR
Old-War-era battle-shell for shipboard mascots, service animals, and attack beasts.
- EMPYREAN GRAND BUNDLE
This massive bundle includes the full Sigma Series cosmetic range: Armor Set, Kavat Armor Set, Syandana, Sugatra and Parazon Skin. Also contains the Zundi Pistol Skin, Quellor Rifle, and Pennant Great Katana. Also includes 3-Day Affinity and Credit Boosters.
- CABALLERO RAILJACK SKIN
Conquer the skies with this noble Railjack Skin.
- SUNGEM RAILJACK SKIN
Swoop in and attack with this streamlined Railjack Skin.
- NEW MARKET ITEMS
Consumed to upgrade the Railjack Grid and Avionics.
- RUSH REPAIR DRONE
This single-use item instantly repairs Wreckage in the Dry Dock.
- LAVAN AVIONICS BUNDLE
This Avionics Bundle showcases the House Lavan range of Avionics.
- ZETKI AVIONICS BUNDLE
This Avionics Bundle showcases the House Zetki range of Avionics.
- VIDAR AVIONICS BUNDLE
This Avionics Bundle showcases the House Vidar range of Avionics.
- ARCH-GUN CHANGES
We have re-balanced Arch-guns in Archwing mode only, held Arch-guns in atmospheric (ground) combat is unaffected. Submersible Archwing now uses your weapons like open world Archwing does.
- Arch-Guns in Archwing mode
- All hitscan Archwing weapons converted to projectile when in space
- Increased fall off range from 200-400 to 300-600
- Increased min fall off damage from 10% to 50%
- Increased projectile speed of the Kuva Ayanga while in space.
- Riven Disposition Changes
Christmas has come early! Initially these changes were planned for the release of Ivara Prime, but it has snuck into Empyrean so we’re rolling with it! For those that missed our previous Riven Workshop, this is our first time balancing Dispositions per weapon instead of per weapon family, as this functionality was added with The Old Blood update. Check out the Dev Workshop on how we’ve chosen to undergo these changes: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1151402-december-2019-riven-disposition-updates/
Telos Boltor: 1.05->1.1
Boltor Prime: 1.05->1.1
Braton Vandal: 1.2->1.25
Rakta Cernos: 1.15->1.2
Cernos Prime: 1.15->1.2
Gorgon Wraith: 1.3->1.35
Prisma Grakata: 1.15->1.2
Vaykor Hek: 0.95->1
Latron Wraith: 1.3->1.35
Opticor Vandal: 1.05->1
Synoid Simulor: 1.1->1.15
Soma Prime: 0.85->0.95
Supra Vandal: 0.8->0.85
Dex Sybaris: 1.05->1.15
Sybaris Prime: 1.05->1.1
Sancti Tigris: 0.55->0.6
Vectis Prime: 0.8->0.85
Telos Akbolto: 0.8->0.9
Akbolto Prime: 0.8->0.85
Akbronco Prime: 1.25->1.3
Akjagara Prime: 0.9->0.85
Akstilletto Prime: 0.5->0.55
Arca Scisco: 1->1.05
Rakta Ballistica: 1.1->1.15
Ballistica Prime: 1.1->1.15
Dual Cestra: 1.3->1.35
Dual Toxocyst: 1.3->1.35
Synoid Gammacor: 0.95->1
Lex Prime: 1.05->1.1
Vaykor Marelok: 0.95->1
Pyrana Prime: 0.65->0.6
Sicarus Prime: 1.1->1.2
Spectra Vandal: 1.46->1.4
Prisma Twin Gremlins: 1.2->1.15
Twin Vipers: 1.41->1.45
- Improved network protocols to improve matchmaking, presence, and game-invitations in certain Eastern European regions without open access to the internet.
- Optimized hitches when joining popular Chat channels (eg Region) when you have a large number of Friends or are part of a large Clan.
- Made a micro-optimizations to Oberon Primes FX.
- Made a small optimization and fixed a potential crash in rendering.
- Made some micro-optimizations to memory management to save a few MB on large levels.
- Made some micro-optimizations to AI avoidance.
- Made some micro-optimizations to rendering.
- Fixed a memory leak that could occur when certain types of lights were in view.
- Fixed slow leak that would degrade performance in missions like Sanctuary Onslaught.
- Fixed missing textures on the leg of the Infested Ancient.
- Added 2 new Challenges:
- I'm The Captain Now - Pilot a hijacked enemy Crewship during a Railjack mission.
- From out of the Sun - Shoot down 100 enemies while in a Railjack.
- If you so choose, you can now ride the barges in the Dry Dock!
- Mite Raknoid spawn time between broods will now increase over time if the Exploiter Orbs vents are not dealt with to address endless spawn abuse.
- Improvements towards the algorithm of dynamic vendor (Hok, Ticker, etc) items to guarantee even appearances.
- Reduced the input lag of the universal Blink mechanic when using a controller and fixed the Blink binding not being automatic.
- Fixed being able to start the Rising Tide quest before completing Second Dream if you set it as your active quest from the World State Window.
- Fixed inability to Install Cephalon Cy in the Dry Dock after initiating the Rising Tide quest while in the Dojo.
- Fixed a loss of functionality when attempting to modify your Parazon on another players Orbiter.
- Fixed Kuva Lich having the attention span of a squirrel when surrounded by Nidus’ Maggots.
- Fixed Kuva not appearing Taxed on the End Of Mission screen.
- Fixed the World State Window's "Next Objective" panel directing players to the the Mars->Ceres Junction before Mars->Phobos Junction.
- Fixed Grineer Guardsmen blocking 100% of damage.
- Fixed enemies like Sentients being put into a ‘lifted status’ and playing wonky or popping animations because they weren't set up to ragdoll or rise from ragdoll.
- Fixed Ancient Healer Specters not teleporting to players in Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1142784-specter-bug/
- Fixed Coildrive hacking console not appearing for Clients.
- Fixed the Vitruvian power surge during The Sacrifice quest causing the Orbiter ‘Wear & Tear’ to strobe as if it were a light.
- Fixed the Orbiter floor not matching the amount of ‘Wear & Tear’ as the rest of the Orbiter when at the lowest value.
- Fixes towards Elemental FX being misaligned when using a Zaw Skin - some alignment issues still remain.
- Fixed the Astreos Sword And Shield Skin being opened by default when loading into a mission.
- Fixes towards the Cumulus Syandana clipping through numerous Warframes.
- Fixed text being crunched for some languages in the Kuva Lich UI when it spawns.
- Fixed collision volumes in the Orbiter Arsenal wall.
- Fixed filepath text when attempting to add a Friend on a newly created account. As reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/e2fj2w/broken_text_string_when_new_accounts_add_a_friend/
- Fixed a script error when removing your Cyst.
- Fixed loot appearing under the floor in the Corpus Gas City tileset.
- Fixed a level hole in a Plains of Eidolon cave. As reported here: https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/e6ll1a/small_hole_in_the_twin_horns_cave_of_the_plains
- Fixed numerous level holes across the Grineer Asteroid and Grineer Fortress tilesets..
- Fixed a script error from Inaros’ Undying Passive.
- Missed Change
- Vauban’s Flechette Orb Damage multiplier now scales based on average enemy level in range.
*The public PC droptable site will be updated in a later Hotfix!