Updates are occasional patches and add-ons or removal of information and/or features of a game.
The following updates are for WARFRAME Version 24:
|Fortuna 24.0: U24.0 • H24.0.1 • H24.0.2 • H24.0.3 • H24.0.4 • H24.0.5 • H24.0.6 • H24.0.7 • H24.0.8|
|Updates Collapse AllExpand All|
|Closed Beta||Open Beta: 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24|
November 15th, 2018 Forum Post
- Optimized K-Drive FX performance for lower performing machines.
- Certain hidden Caches in Orb Vallis now have their own custom sound.
- Tweaked Khora’s Accumulating Whipclaw Augment sounds.
- Fixed a Dx9 crash when accessing Navigation.
- Fixed the transmission playing for the start of a second Orb Vallis Bounty but the first objective never appearing after a Host migration occurs.
- Fixed Bounty progression indicator not persisting throughout successfully completed Bounty missions.
- Fixed Operator being invisible when selecting Focus from the Arsenal when used as the Operator.
- Fixed script errors on the Daily Tribute screen.
- Fixed a script error related to Khora’s Venari.
November 15th, 2018 Forum Post
- Keep your pets warm, Tenno. They may react differently now to the cold snow of the Orb Vallis...
- MOA Companions now have a custom warp teleport FX/sound when teleporting closer to you.
- Reduced the amount of Terra enemies spawning in the last mission of the Vox Solaris quest to balance difficulty.
- Improved water rippled textures and FX when firing into it.
- Optimized numerous materials used in Fortuna and the Orb Vallis for better performance when Anisotropic Filtering is enabled.
- Made some micro-optimizations to visibility culling.
- Made a tiny optimization to UI text layout.
- Made a small optimization to Orb Vallis Ambush Bounties.
- Reverted the Sky Archwing sprint changes from Hotfix 24.0.4 to return it back to the way it was.
- Changed the Bounty reward HUD title to display the Bounty title instead of the redundant ‘BOUNTY REWARD’.
- Conservation Changes & Fixes
- Changed the Sapcaddy Bait to the intended Mirewinder Bait. Broad-Spectrum Bait is your desired Sapcaddy cocktail.
- Animals that wake up from their invulnerable sleep due to certain Warframe Abilities will become vulnerable once again. Timing and speed is your best bet for that Perfect Capture!
- Fixed a captured animals age sometimes showing as ‘4 years 12 months’.
- Fixed a script error that could occur when capturing an animal in Orb Vallis.
- Ticker Changes
Since the initial release of Fortuna, the acquisition of Debt-Bonds has proven to require further changes in order to bring balance between the procurement methods. As it is known, you can obtain Debt-Bonds by purchasing Ticker’s Case# or from Bounty rewards. Ticker’s inventory not only took quite some time to refresh, but the inventory itself did not offer a diverse source at any given time. Considering the cost at which Debt-Bonds are required to Rank up in Solaris United, we have made the following changes to bring a more balanced rotation for Ticker:
- There will now always be 3 Common, 1 Uncommon, and 1 Rare Case# available at any given time.
- Increased the rate at which Ticker’s Case# inventory refreshes by reducing the duration they persist for.
- Fixed a rare crash when transitioning from Cetus/Fortuna to Plains/Vallis.
- Fixed ability for Clients to pick up multiple of the same Toroid.
- Fixed not receiving Standing for completing Bounties given by Captured base Field Agents in Orb Vallis.
- Fixed immediately failing the Drone Defense Bonus condition due to certain Status Effects applying to the Drone in Orb Vallis.
- Fixed the Fetch Mod not functioning for a Client Venari.
- Fixed KitGuns not applying negative damage modifiers for projectile based Chambers and Zaws not applying negative damage modifiers to projectiles launched from the Exodia Contagion Arcane.
- Fixed Terra enemies creating invisible/invulnerable Reinforcement Beacons when killed mid-Beacon deploy in Orb Vallis.
- Fixed Submersible Archwing disabling Garuda’s Talons.
- Fixed Garuda's Talons not distinguishing the Stance slot when Polarizing/swapping.
- Fixed MOA Companions sometimes not responding after using the Security Override Mod.
- Fixed a visual error where Standing appeared to not be deducted when Gilding a Kitgun.
- Fixed inability to equip Dual-Sword Stance Mods on the Dark Split-Sword.
- Fixed Resources displaying as 0 in the Clan Vault.
- Fixed inability to set any Dojo Hall as a spawn point.
- Fixed bad rotation on the Custom Obstacle Course start trigger in the Dojo.
- Fixed the MOA Companion trying to shoot at non-visible targets.
- Fixed the MOA Companion Security Override Precept (Oloro Model) not functioning sometimes.
- Fixed the MOA Companion Tractor Beam Precept (Oloro Model) not alarming enemies.
- Fixed ability to run around underwater after ragdolling off a K-Drive into it in the Orb Vallis.
- Fixed Garuda’s Dread Mirror not functioning properly when using a controller with activate selected power button or "classic controls".
- Fixed numerous Defense tilesets breaking.
- Fixed Relic drop locations displayed in the Codex only displaying one Bounty source when they actually drop from both Cetus and Fortuna Bounties.
- Fixed the Orb Vallis Resource Capture mission progress UI breaking when Transferring from Operator to Warframe.
- Fixed Reinforcement Beacon Health bars not indicating Health correctly for Clients in Orb Vallis.
- Fixed Archwing End of Mission progress not displaying after buying or building a K-Drive.
- Fixed Scanners becoming 'stuck on' if you melee while Scanning (i.e. it would go back to aiming after the melee attack even if you're not holding fire).
- Fixed lighting issues in the Spaceport in the Orb Vallis.
- Fixed falling loop whooshes persisting permanently after a Host migration.
- Fixed sound not playing when hovering over Daily Tribute reward item.
- Fixed permanent looping sound when choosing a Daily Tribute reward.
- Fixed "COPY MAIN COLORS" for Attachments when using Garuda and having a normal Melee weapon equipped filling the first three color slots as grey.
- Fixed a placeholder text displaying beside item info popups for Reusable Blueprints.
- Fixed a script error when the Rescue Target bleeds out.
- Fixed a script error when casting Garuda’s Blood Altar ability.
- Fixed a script error when upgrading a Mod.
- Fixed a script error when viewing the Appearance tab in the Arsenal.
- Fixed a Daily Tribute script error.
November 13th, 2018 Forum Post
- PRIME VAULT HAS OPENED!
Nova Prime, Mag Prime, Soma Prime, Boar Prime, Dakra Prime, and Vasto Prime Relics have been added to Plains of Eidolon Bounties, Orb Vallis Bounties, and in the Void drop table.
Contained within some of these newly released Prime Vault Relics, is a brand new Prime weapon - Akvasto Prime; Orokin craftsmanship married with superior firepower. Dual Vastos, primed and ready to strike!
- Sound Additions & Changes
- Added an activation ‘hack success’ sound to the Orb Vallis Coildrive Ambush encounter missions.
- Sound polish towards Raknoid ability sounds.
- Sound tweaks to the Venus Terra Drone rocket ability.
- Tweaks and polish to Bounty transmission timing for Eudico.
- Broad Spectrum Bait description updated to reflect its use to attract Sapcaddies, Tinks, Eye-Eyes and Brickies.
- Fixed a potential crash when entering Cetus or Fortuna.
- Fixed the Ogris’ Nightwatch Napalm Mod only doing damage in the 4.5% explosion area (top of the projectile) instead of the intended 90% explosion area (at max rank).
- Fixed Bounty "more info" screen having text boxes that are too short and wrapping text, causing text overlap.
- Fixed FX Energy colors on the Spritsail Prime Armor.
November 12th, 2018 Forum Post
- Reduced the Fieldron crafting requirements for the Kreska, Ocucor, and Battacor from 20 to 10.
- A script is in the works and will be run tomorrow to refund Fieldron to those who have already crafted - we will update you in this thread when the script has completed.
- Added strokes to Mining laser HUD components based on Forum request for improved visibility.
- Tweaked some plants in the Orb Vallis to improve quality.
- The Eye-Eye now shows up during warm temperature only instead of cool temperature in Orb Vallis.
- Recaster Bait is now correctly labeled as Longwinder Bait.
- Narrow-Spectrum Bait was incorrectly described as attracting Tinks and Brickies (they are common fish and only require Broad-Spectrum Bait; Narrow-Spectrum Bait attracts Recasters and Eye-Eyes).
- Fixed a crash related to Chat linking.
- Fixed the Fetch mod causing other Companion Mods to not function (specific to Kavats and Kubrows).
- Fixed inability to spawn any vehicle while somebody is standing in the Fortuna elevator.
- Fixed being able to accept Bounties while replaying the Vox Solaris quest.
- Fixed loadout summary showing gear unranked if examined while in Operator mode.
- Fixed the War Within Operator ability prompts when switching between keyboard/mouse and controller inputs
- Fixed public matchmaking bounty UI remaining on screen when entering the Orb Vallis
- Fixed incorrect pond coolant material in Orb Vallis which resulted in inability to fish in that coolant.
- Fixed Profile stats summary page being cut off on the bottom.
- Fixed Daily Tribute tooltips for certain items (e.g. Oxium, Cryotic) displaying incorrect counts.
- Fixed overlapping UI when attempting to Dissolve a Riven Mod.
- Integrated localized translations and layout fixes.
November 12th, 2018 Forum Post
It's our First Hotfix after Launch Weekend! We have lots for you today, and we are already working tomorrow's Hotfix which not only includes Prime Vault Launch, but adjustments to Ticker's offerings to give you a wider selection of Debt-Bonds and more! Changes:
- Improved open-world performance for low-end machines (with Toggle OFF 'High Shader Quality').
- The Vox Solaris quest is now replayable in the Codex!
- Picking up a Calda, Vega, or Sola Toroid now displays as a ‘special’ pickup on the HUD, similar to Argon Crystals, etc.
- Your Companions now also develop a snow buildup overtime out in Orb Vallis!
- Sky Archwing sprinting now more closely resembles normal Archwing.
- Removed the Ventkid Standing icon from the K-Drive race completion screen. Ventkid Standing is simply earned by doing tricks out in Orb Vallis. *Ventkid Standing for races will be coming in a future update as noted in Update 24!
- Improved clarity of Ticker's VO as well as subtle timing tweaks to some Ticker VO..
- Balances towards the Vox Solaris quest to decrease difficulty:
- Reduced the number of Excavators to defend to 1.
- Lowered the max enemy count for Excavation.
- Enemies no longer drop Reinforcement Beacons.
- Tweaked the Corpus Reinforcement portal sound to be more audible in heavy combat situations and added sound variations to reduce repetition fatigue.
- Tweaked Icarius Syandana offsets that got a bit wonky on Mag, Banshee, Nekros, Saryn, and Valkyr.
- Removed the nonfunctional ‘VIEW STATS’ option from Rude Zuud's Murderizer crafting screen.
- Tooltips for Arcanes now display bonuses in uppercase like the Arcane manager screen.
- Improved the Syndicate screen UI to improve long description placement.
- Orb Vallis Enemy Changes
Orb Vallis mission and Vox Solaris quest data showed that certain Terra enemy types were not on par with other Corpus enemies, causing an unintentional difficulty spike, especially noticed with lower level players. The following Terra enemies have received damage reductions to improve the balance between Orb Vallis enemies:
- Lowered Terra Plasmor Crewman base damage from 30 to 25.
- Lowered Terra Raptor SX base damage from 30 to 25 and base area damage from 75 to 40.
- Lowered Terra Embattor MOA bounce mine damage from 150 to 75.
- Lowered Terra Sniper Crewman base damage from 60 to 45.
- Lowered Terra Overtaker base damage from 120 to 60 and area damage from 50 to 25.
- Lowered Terra Jailer area damage from 50 to 20.
- Conservation Changes & Fixes
- Resource Boosters now apply to Tags procured from capturing animals in Orb Vallis! May your Floof stockpiles grow!
- Improved animal spawning give players more time to ‘get down wind’, instead of animals spawning almost instantly right beside you and getting spooked.
- Increased reliable and size of the Bolarola hitboxes.
- Improvements to fish spawning locations within Caves. This also fixes fish spawning inside walls and under rocks.
- Removed 'next shot damage bonus' from Mods or other sources being applied to the Tranq Rifle. This also prevents Volt’s Passive from unintentionally killing animals.
- Removed Warframe Ability immunity on animals so that they can be put into a peaceful slumber by special Abilities like Ivara’s Sleep Arrow and Equinox’s Rest.
- Fixed Conservation HUD (top center 'diamond' HUD when tracking) not using HUD scale.
- Fixed a script error on the animal capture screen if multiple animals were captured in quick succession.
- Fixed Cetus & Fortuna vendors with 24 hour rotations having no items available for an hour right at midnight (UTC).
- Fixed Matchmaking being disabled after playing Chimera.
- Fixes towards Helios/Helios Prime only scanning new Orb Vallis enemies that were within 60 meters of the Fortuna elevator for Hosts.
- Fixed inability to equip Veiled Kitgun Rivens on non-Kitgun secondary weapons.
- Fixed Client Transmissions animating with 4x(!) speed.
- More fixes towards Loki Switch Teleport being able to kick other players off of K-Drives.
- Fixed an issue with Archwing sprint animations not playing if you started a sprint sideways or backwards.
- Fixed the End of Mission screen from returning to Fortuna from Orb Vallis not displaying the procured Solaris Standing from completed Bounty.
- Fixed inability to see more than 33 unique fish types when attempting to place them in your Personal Quarter Aquarium.
- Fixed sometimes seeing other players on their K-Drive playing normal idle animations (ie. no K-Drive poses).
- Fixed CoilWheels disappearing due to certain camera angles.
- Fixed seeing an option to place a Boot in the Personal Quarter aquarium. Boots belong on feet.
- Fixed Grineer containers spawning in Orb Vallis.
- Fixed rain FX in the Plains being poorly visible.
- Fixed the Orb Vallis disappearing when being viewed at a specific location near the Repair Bay.
- Fixed Clients not being able to hear Mag's Pull impact sound.
- Fixed a humming sound looping forever after the Corpus Ship hull breach ends.
- Fixed ambient VO not playing properly for Ticker and Smokefinger.
- Fixed a script error when attempting to install an Ayatan Star.
- Fixed a script error when accessing the Star Chart.
- Fixed a script error when viewing The Business’ Servofish options.
- Fixed a script error when viewing the Personal Quarter Aquarium.
November 10th, 2018 Forum Post
- Fixed a case of matchmaking being tricked into sending people to Dojos instead of missions.
- Fixed a crash when dismounting a K-Drive running the 32-bit version of Warframe.
- Fixed not being able to roll with Mesa Waltz.
- Potentially fixed Vox Solaris randomly failing after the Spy stage.
- Fixed single lures being applied to multiple conservation trails in some cases.
- Fixed script crash when fishing.
- Removed diagnostic log being submitted on shutdown (this looks like a crash but isn't).
November 9th, 2018 Forum Post
Riven Disposition Changes:
Vaykor Hek now has 0.7 Disposition as intended with the Riven Disposition Changes from Update 24. When tweaking Riven Dispositions we missed the Vaykor Hek when changing the normal Hek - they now have matching Dispositions.
Please see the full Dev Workshop for full info on recent Riven Disposition Changes:
- Ticker’s Debt-Bonds Fixes
We have removed an unintentional multiplier within ticker’s Case# purchases, which resulted in some players receiving 5x/10x/20x the indicated Debt-Bonds. There was a bug causing this multiplier under the hood. A script is running to remove the accidentally multiplied goods. You will be left with the intended amount (i.e if you bought 10 but received 70, you'll have 10).
- Crafting Cost Changes
- We’re working on a Credit refund script for both these Crafting cost changes - this thread will be updated with more information when the script runs/completes.
- Reduced the crafting cost of each Moa Part from 500,000 to 50,000 Credits as reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1026108-are-moa-parts-too-expensive-to-build/
- Reduced the crafting cost of the new Sentinel Weapon Blueprints from 500,000 to 50,000 Credits.
- Small balances to Fortuna economy to match prices with corresponding rarities.
- Bloodshed Sigil can now be equipped on Operators -- go forth little demon children.
- Natural Talent Mod now applies to Garuda’s Dread Mirror and Seeking Talons ability.
- The Zaw Foundry category is now the ‘Modular Weapon’ category. It includes Zaws, K-Drive, Kitguns, Moa and Amp parts.
- The Ambush Coildrive is now invincible from the start to prevent griefing or accidental kills. If damaged, it’s Shield will reduce but the Bounty will not fail.
- Removed the Cryotra from being able to have Glaxion Rivens equipped. Sentinel weapons no longer generate Rivens as noted in Update 24.
- Lowered the Health of Terra Corpus Jailers in the Vallis Hostage Rescue missions.
- Terra Sniper Crewman and Terra Raptor SX now only create Hyenas if their level is >15.
- Improvements towards Vallis Cave teleport triggers, fish spawning inside rocks/under terrain, items falling into the water becoming unreachable, and AI navigation paths.
- Improved Mining visibility in low lighting by dimming the flashlight more when aiming with any Mining tool.
- Improvements towards Defense phase indication in the Vox Solaris quest.
- The Hastened Deflection Mod is now a ‘BEAST’ Mod, meaning it’s also compatible with Kavats and Helminth Charger.
- Removed the unnecessary ‘HIDE OWNED’ button in Ticker’s Case# screen.
- Improvements to cases where one could get stuck in various spots in Fortuna.
- Updated the Outrider Operator Armor Bundle Icon to display its proper attire.
- Reduced the Fortuna elevator extraction radius to better indicate where exactly you can extract.
- Some may have noticed an Orb infiltrating Fortuna. Was this a bug...or perhaps an unintentionally released feature?
- K-Drive Changes & Fixes
- Removed the cap of 5 tricks in a single jump. You may now trick infinitely if your jump is good enough.
- Fixed spamming left click before entering a grind giving more points then a normal grind.
- Fixed Loki being able to Switch Teleport other players off their K-Drive and ride off into the snowy abyss while they cry in the snow.
- Fixed custom built K-Drives appearing to not be connected and animating separately.
- Fixed ability to K-Drive under water after ragdolling into it.
- Fixed K-Drive jump FX lingering if the rider falls off while charging a jump.
- Fixes towards wonky K-Drive movement/animations due to latency.
- Fixed a small hitch when using a K-Drive for the first time.
- Fixed lingering K-Drive race Icons on the HUD.
- Vacuum/Fetch Changes
- Both Vacuum and Fetch Mods now pull the items directly to the Warframe as opposed to the Sentinel/Pet. Pets in Warframe don’t mimic the same ‘follow’ logic like Sentinels, so they would end up running around with items instead of giving them to you. So basically very bad at fetching....
- Tombfinger Chamber Changes
- Reduced base Critical and Status Chance from 27% to 24%.
- Increased Damage from 80 to 84.
- Fishing/Conservation Changes & Fixes
- Tweaked the animal capture logic to allow for better Perfect/Good captures. Bad/Good/Perfect Captures are stressed based, which rises when the animal comes in contact with a player. A quick tranq of a non-startled animal would yield you a ‘Perfect Capture’ - so get down wind and don’t miss!
- Animals that have been Tranq’d are now invulnerable to avoid teammates/enemies killing them by accident (or on purpose).
- Increased the animal tracking footprint pulse brightness to improve visibility.
- Flashlight now turns off when showing the "Caught Fish!" screen.
- Fixed the animal trail pulse FX not being visible for Clients.
- Fixed a case where a Virmink trail would spawn Pobbers in the mountains.
- Fixed slot 3 of the Fishing menu not populating after equipping a Pulse Spear.
- Fixed multiple Pulse sounds in a row for multiple animal encounters.
- More fixes towards Lure's not working when Master Volume is muted in Orb Vallis.
- Fixed a Darvo transmission perpetually playing in Fortuna if you captured an animal in Orb Vallis.
- Fixed cases where Clients were unable to deal damage with the Pulse Spears.
- Fixed inability to catch fish with the Pulse Spear when affected by Smeeta Kavat’s Crit buff.
- Orb Vallis Drone Bounty Changes & Fixes
- Lowered the AI spawn count when playing a Drone Defense Bounty Solo.
- Fixed Bonus Condition not being preserved when a Host migration occured.
- Fixed Drone level not scaling to reflect the zone difficulty.
- Fixed a script error when failing the Drone Bounty.
- Fixed unlocalized Bonus Condition text.
- More fixes towards crashes that occur when returning to Fortuna from Orb Vallis.
- Fixes towards crashing when a Host migration occurs in Orb Vallis.
- Fixed crashes on modern CPUs running antique operating systems.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on some high-end systems with lots of GPU memory.
- Fixed a crash when searching for Agents in a Vallis Bounty.
- Fixed a crash related to squad mismatch and Host migration both occurring.
- Fixed the Credit Count resetting in the Assassinate stage of an Orb Vallis Bounty when a Host migration occured.
- Fixed inability to complete the Mastery Rank 24 test due to missing ‘continue’ option.
- Fixed inability to equip Bite, Pack Leader, and Medi-Pet Kit on the Helminth Charger.
- Fixed not actually receiving Servofish parts found in crates/containers in Vallis.
- Fixed Garuda’s Animation Sets not being available for purchase.
- Fixed Arbitrations hint not appearing in the World State Window for players that have almost completed the Star Chart.
- Fixed ability to deploy Archwing before the Fortuna elevator comes to stop, resulting in becoming stuck.
- Fixed the Ambush Coildrive attacking itself after a Host migration occurs.
- Fixed ability to roll while in Mesa’s Peacemaker without the Mesa Waltz Augment equipped.
- Fixed ‘Vehicles’ displaying too low in Relay/Cetus/Fortuna Arsenal.
- Fixed Garuda’s Talons sometimes appearing motion blurred.
- Fixed ‘Ostron Standing’ text appearing when talking to Eudico.
- Fixed Eudico's interaction prompt not oscillating around Eudico.
- Fixes towards wonky appearing Elemental FX on Garuda’s Idle animation.
- Fixed the Guandao’s Elemental FX appearing incorrectly.
- Fixes numerous Noggles missing their head/body parts in the Dojo.
- Fixed Cetus text appearing when Providing/Cutting Bait with Smokefinger.
- Fixed other player’s FX being visible when interacting with the Solaris vendors.
- Fixed Prime Armor FX showing up when they shouldn't (Star Chart etc).
- Fixed rare case where you could fall out of the world after being teleported.
- Fixed UI not indicating when a Solaris Offering grants more than 1 item.
- Fixed certain Operator accessories clipping through torsos.
- Fixed the Abrasys Syandana clipping through Garuda's arm cloth.
- Fixed Ember’s Fireball ability not applying chosen Energy colors.
- Fixed incorrect material on hanging Gorgaricus Sacs.
- Fixed Bounty objective’s sometimes displaying in the incorrect language.
- Fixed a script error that resulted in losing your weapons reticle.
- Fixed a script error when viewing a Blueprint Offering.
- Fixed script error when casting any of Garuda’s abilities.
November 9th, 2018 Forum Post
- Added Fortuna Resources to common containers found throughout Vallis.
- Removed unintended ability to use the K-Drive in the Fortuna elevator.
- Reduced Corpus reinforcement delay in Orb Vallis Exterminate missions.
- Slight increase to AI spawns in Drone Defense missions when playing Solo.
- Companions will now teleport to you immediately after you dismount from Archwing or a K-Drive (if you’re in a safe zone).
- Synth Charge Mod no longer applies to Pistols with < 5 Ammo Magazines (Knell, etc). Mod description has been updated to reflect the ‘Requires Magazine 5 or higher’ restriction.
- Patched a hole in the Orb Vallis Research Facility floor and improved the lighting.
- Removed K-Drive Mods from Boosters and the Transmutation table.
- Removed random Ayatan Sculptures from Orb Vallis Cache Hunts rewards.
- Improvements towards Eudico’s idle movements.
- Little Duck now restricts who can visit her.
- Fixed a crash when pressing a Gear Hotkey for a slot that has no item.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to return to Fortuna from Orb Vallis.
- Fixes towards Rescue Vallis Bounty breaking when a Host migration occurred during the Defense phase.
- Fixed Boon missing from certain K-Drive race locations in Orb Vallis.
- Fixed a case of having permanent ability block if you get on K-Drive in certain areas near the Fortuna elevator.
- Fixed a bug that could leave invincible enemies from Garuda’s Blood Altar that would prevent things like Defense missions from progressing.
- Fixed K-Drives ignoring lasers and not triggering alarms.
- Fixed issue where some Terra variants would sometimes target the wrong target with their beam attack.
- Fixed K-Drive not being immune during a certain phase of the Vox Solaris quest.
- Fixed getting stuck on your K-Drive in a certain pile of rocks in Vallis.
- Fixes towards seeing poor lighting in Vallis that resulted in the ground appearing black.
- Fixed Lure's not working when Master Volume is muted in Orb Vallis.
- Fixed foliage textures out in Orb Vallis.
- Fixed some sounds for the Vulcax.
- Fixed some Operator Suit texture clipping.
- Fixed a script error when a boss reinforcement occurs in Orb Vallis.
- Fixed a script error when casting Garuda’s Seeking Talon ability.
November 8th, 2018 Forum Post - Fortuna
- Update 24: Fortuna is here.
It's been one year since we added our first open world: The Plains of Eidolon. Our second world is ready: The Orb Vallis.
Entering The Orb Vallis requires you to first visit Fortuna, a town full of new characters, new content, and new problems to solve! To do this, you must first reach Venus!
Reach Venus!? Our veteran Tenno have had Venus unlocked for years - it's time to go back. Maybe you've played long enough to remember our first 'planet' procedural tileset on Venus and the excitement at the time.
New players might only be making their way there now, but with determination and cooperation, you'll master the challenges of the Orb Vallis in no time. We all lift together!
Enjoy the efforts of all of us at Digital Extremes, delivered here in Fortuna. Your patience, support, excitement, and feedback has made this update possible. We dedicate it to you.
Stay warm on your K-Drives, Tenno!
- Onwards from Update 24: More is coming!
The Orb Vallis landscape is so vast in size and discovery that even with the following 20+ pages of notes, this is just the first installment of Fortuna content! You can expect more to come in the next couple of weeks, including more Conservation species, new Operator Amps that will be available for sale from Little Duck’s offerings, and your chance to take down the ultimate threat roaming these terraformed lands. The long awaited Melee 3.0 will also be making its debut in full to accompany the Melee sound additions and changes that were released in Update 23.10.0. A Dev Workshop on the changes will be posted in the future.
As you take your first steps into Fortuna, meet with the Solaris and await the Corpus threats that linger above at the surface, the devs will be preparing to launch the second part of the Fortuna update.
- THE ORB VALLIS
Located in the eye of a snowstorm, The Orb Vallis was once a scorching wasteland. When the Solaris reactivated the Orokin coolant towers, life reappeared in the Vallis. Giant looming mushrooms sprung from the snow, and four-legged Virminks appeared in the valleys. Through their blood, sweat and tears, the Solaris terraformed this barren region into a beautiful, hospitable world — but the Corpus are destroying its delicate balance in their pursuit of profit.
- FORTUNA & SOLARIS UNITED
Down in the underground city of Fortuna, you’ll meet the Solaris: a society of body-augmented individuals who live in debt-internment under Corpus rule. A colony all too familiar with the reality of being “repossessed” — cybernetic limb and organ removal by Nef Anyo’s repo squads. Yet in these cautious times, the Solaris are a hopeful community who pride themselves in their efforts to terraform Venus.
- VOX SOLARIS QUEST
Eudico, the once proud leader of Solaris United, has been reduced to serving Nef Anyo under near slave-like conditions to keep the rig jockeys of Fortuna safe. Help her regain her will to fight so that she can stand up to Nef Anyo and bring back the Solaris United resistance.
Completing the Vox Solaris Quest will unlock the following Vendors in Fortuna:
- Eudico - Bounties
- The Business- Fishing & Conservation
- Legs - Moa Companions
- Vox Solaris - Raknoid Hunting & Operator Agent
- Roky & Boon - Ventkids & K-Drives
- FORTUNA SYNDICATES, VENDORS & ACTIVITIES
- SOLARIS UNITED STANDING
Similar to Ostron Standing in Cetus, earn Standing with Solaris United and work your way to an inner circle position.
- Old Mate
- Eudico - Bounty Giver
Eudico is both the tough, no-nonsense mother figure who oversees a portion of Nef Anyo's workforce...and the criminal mastermind behind the resistance against him.
- Familiar and new rewards can be obtained from Eudico’s Bounties
- Garuda Systems/Chassis/Neuroptics Blueprints
- Vallis Resources
- New Mod Sets (*final stats available in game):
- Mecha Overdrive (Kubrow): Increased Status Link/ Status Duration
- Mecha Recharge (Kubrow): Increased Shield Recharge
- Mecha Empowered (Aura): Increased Damage against a Marked Enemy
- Mecha Pulse (Warframe): Killing a Marked Enemy grants Armor for limited time for each enemy within an area
- Tek Assault (Kavat): Kavat has Increased chance to ignore Lethal Damage and be immune for a limited time
- Tek Enhance (Kavat): Increased Kavat Ability Duration
- Tek Gravity (Melee): Slam Attacks pull all enemies within an area
- Tek Collateral (Warframe): Increased Critical Damage when inside the Marked Zone
- Synth Deconstruct (Sentinel): Enemies killed by the Sentinel have Increased chance to drop a Health Orb
- Synth Fiber (Sentinel): Health Orbs increase Armor for Sentinel for a limited time
- Synth Charge (Pistol): Increased Bonus Damage on the final shot in Magazine
- Synth Reflex (Warframe): Increased Holster Speed
- Debt-Bonds (more about these in the Ticker section below!)
- And more!
- Smokefinger - Mining
Meet 'Smokefinger', the Orb Vallis mineralogy enthusiast. This Fortuna vendor is your one-stop shop for the mining tools and resources you need! Speak with him in Fortuna to purchase the SUNPOINT PLASMA DRILL a fast-ignition, high-intensity mining tool capable of extracting the rarest of materials with surgical precision, and get to mining the Ores and Gems of The Orb Vallis:
Note: Ostron Mining Tools can be used out in The Orb Vallis to mine Gems/Ore, but the Sunpoint Plasma Drill is required to mine the rarest Gems in Vallis.
Smokefinger also offers many other services such as purchasing Gems for Platinum, trading Gems for Solaris United Standing, and a lustrous list of Offerings available for purchase using Solaris United Standing:
- Axidrol Alloy
- Heart Noctrul
- Smooth Phasmin
- Travocyte Alloy
- Goblite Tears
- Venerdo Alloy
- Hespazym Alloy
- Star Amarast
- Radiant Zodian
- Marquise Thyst
- Orb Vallis Captura Scene: Free roam the frozen tundra of the Orb Vallis by purchasing this Captura Scene from Smokefinger! Get to “Old Mate” rank with Solaris United to acquire this terraformed environment and enhance your Corpus aesthetic.
- The Business- Fishing & Conservation
Meet 'The Business', also known as 'Biz'. This Fortuna vendor is your gateway to two activities out on the Orb Vallis: EMP Spearfishing & Conservation!
- EMP Spearfishing!
A new take on the Plains of Eidolon Fishing Mechanic!
The best way to catch the robotic 'Servofish' in The Orb Vallis is with The Business' offering of PULSE SPEARS - tools used to disable mechanical fish! This new type of fishing spear maintains the high quality of every Servofish you catch.
The Business offers 2 variants of Pulse Spears:
Built to recover Servofish without damage. Delivers a disabling electromagnetic pulse after a successful hit, if timed correctly
Successful electromagnetic pulses radiate outward also disabling any nearby servofish
Equip this in your Gear Spiral to begin your journey of catching Servofish in the Coolant! The fishing mechanic here is different - not only is aiming precision necessary, but also timing your Pulse detonation! Click within the red bar to succeed!
Your Ostron Spears will still work in The Orb Vallis, but the fish will be damaged. The key is to catch undamaged fish with the specialized Pulse Spears.
There are 13 species of Servofish to be discovered in the various Coolant areas of the Orb Vallis. Some require Baits - be sure to read descriptions to find your very own:
Baits are used to attract certain species of Servofish. Acquire them with Solaris United Standing and read about their uses in the descriptions!
- Conservation / Track and Tranq
The Business is equipped with new gear that will allow you to aid in the desperate Conservation effort of The Orb Vallis' wildlife.
Two key pieces of gear are required for Conservation: Tranq Rifle & Echo Lures
Your standard issue Tranq Rifle can be acquired with Solaris United Standing and equipped in your Gear Wheel. It is used for all Conservation efforts.
Each species has its own Echo Lure which can also be acquired with Solaris United Standing and equipped in your Gear Wheel. You'll have to progress through the Solaris United Syndicate to acquire some Lures!
Pobbers Echo-Lure: Entice and attract nearby Pobbers with life-like animal calls. The Pobbers is most often found around the Mushroom Fields of Orb Vallis!
Virmink Echo-Lure: Entice and attract nearby Virmink with life-like animal calls. The Virmink is most often found around the Lakes of Orb Vallis!
Bolarola Echo-Lure: Entice and attract nearby Bolarola with life-like animal calls. The Bolarola is most often found around the Mountainous areas of Orb Vallis!
Kubrodon Echo-Lure: Entice and attract nearby Kubrodon with life-like animal calls. The Kubrodon is most often found around the Cratered areas of Orb Vallis!
Now that you know the gear, here's how to begin your Conservation Journey:
- Explore the Orb Vallis and look for locations on your minimap that indicate last-known animal sightings.
- Activate the area to begin the sequence. Conserving occurs in 4 Steps which are indicated by Icons on your HUD:
- FOLLOW: Follow the Trail!
- CALL: Use the Proper Lure and Pitches!
- TRANQ: Hide, aim, and shoot!
- COLLECT: Collect your specimen!
As you conserve animals, you'll discover variants of all species. Good luck catching them all!
In addition to rewarding Standing for each catch, you get treasured items for your efforts. Each animal you successfully conserve will yield you a Tag that can be exchanged for a treasured reminder of your efforts to help the wildlife. From 'Floofs' to a badge, find the offerings from The Business!
- Rude Zuud - Zuud’s Murderizers (Kitguns - Modular Secondaries)
Meet Rude Zuud, creator of the “Murderizers”... or more formally KITGUNS! Zuud is a bit of a stranger to formalities, might have something to do with all the static in her head… While she might have a couple of loose screws, that won’t keep you from crafting your very own soldered sidearms at Zuud’s Lathe!
These Corpus-tech Modular Secondaries are crafted using a Chamber, Grip, and Loader. Blueprints for these components are purchased from Zuud using Solaris United Standing. Once crafted, Pistol Mods are the upgrades of choice in your Arsenal.
Zuud offers other services as well such as Gilding your Kitguns, exchanging a Max Rank or Gilded Kitgun for Solaris United Standing, and the ability to Entitle your Secondary Weapons for Platinum!
Chambers determine the type of shot fired from your Kitgun! They earn Mastery Rank after the Kitgun has been Gilded.
- Catchmoon Chamber: Fires a wide-radius Magnetic energy projectile with a very short half-life.
- Gaze Chamber: A persistent cutting beam of pure energy.
- Rattleguts Chamber: Let ‘er rip, rapid fire.
- Tombfinger Chamber: Reach out and Blast someone. Precision with every pull of the trigger.
Grips determine the rate-of-fire, range, and damage of your Kitgun!
- Gibber Grip: What it lacks in impact it makes up for with intensity. Maximum rate-of-fire; maximum range for beam weapons. Minimum damage.
- Haymaker Grip: The ultimate grip for when one shot is all you need. Devastating. Minimum rate-of-fire; minimum range for beam weapons. Maximum damage.
- Lovetap Grip: The weapon grip of the measured killer. Slower rate-of-fire; lower range for beam weapons. Greater damage.
- Ramble Grip: Hold tight and unleash hell. Increased range for beam weapons; increased rate-of-fire for non-beam weapons. Reduced damage.
Loaders determine various stat alterations for your Kitguns including ammo capacity, reload-speed, and Status/Critical Chance!
- Bashrack Loader: High-capacity loader with increased Critical Chance and lowered Status Chance.
- Bellows Loader: Maximum-capacity ammo storage.
- Deepbreath Loader: A high-capacity ammo reservoir.
- Flutterfire Loader: A fast-loader with maximum Status Chance and minimum Critical Chance.
- Killstream Loader: A fast-loader with maximum Critical Chance and minimum Status Chance.
- Ramflare Loader: High-capacity loader with maximum Status Chance and minimum Critical Chance.
- Slap Loader: Fast loader with reduced Ammo Capacity.
- Slapneedle Loader: A fast-loader with increased Critical Chance and lowered Status Chance.
- Sparkfire Loader: High-capacity loader with increased Status Chance and lowered Critical Chance.
- Splat Loader: High-capacity loader with maximum Critical Chance and minimum Status Chance.
- Stitch Loader: Maximum capacity loader with increased Critical Chance and lowered Status Chance.
- Swiftfire Loader: A fast-loader with increased Status Chance and lowered Critical Chance.
- Thunderdrum Loader: Maximum-capacity loader with increased Status Chance and lowered Critical Chance.
- Zip Loader: Quickest load-speed with lowest Ammo Capacity.
- Zipfire Loader: Quickest load-speed with increased Status Chance and lowered Critical Chance.
- Zipneedle Loader: Quickest load-speed with increased Critical Chance and lowered Status Chance.
- Pax Arcanes
Zuud also offers enhancements for your Kitguns known as Pax Arcanes! Similar to Exodias for Zaw Melee weapons, these Arcanes can be installed on your Kitgun in your Arsenal once they have been Gilded:
- Pax Bolt: Headshots increase Power Efficiency and Power Strength for a limited time.
- Pax Charge: Kitgun Magazine is replaced by bolts fueled by a recharging battery.
- Pax Soar: Reduces Movement Speed while Aim Gliding.
- Pax Seeker: Headshots give a chance for projectiles to burst from the target and seek nearby enemies.
*final stats available in game
- Legs - Moa Companions
Meet Legs, the Moa constructor! At Legs’ Pets & Parts, Tenno can assemble, customize, and name new Moa friends.
Once the Vox Solaris quest is complete, visit Legs to spend Solaris United Standing for Moa part Blueprints! Once you have a Model, Core, Gyro, and Brackets, you can assemble your Moa:
- Model: The head determines a Moa’s model type by unlocking a unique set of Moa Precept Mods. Once you acquire Precept Mods by purchasing the corresponding Moa head, you can use those Precept Mods interchangeably with each head (final stats available in game):
- Para Moa:
- Whiplash Mine: Deploys a mine that tethers all enemies in an area. A brief moment and all enemies still in range get pulled to the mine.
- Anti-Grav Grenade: A Grenade that reverses gravity in a radius, inflicting Impact Damage. Target sustains additional damage based on the amount sustained while airborne.
- Lambeo Moa:
- Stasis Field: Creates a stasis field for a limited time. While inside the field, all enemy projectiles move slower and deal less Damage.
- Shockwave Actuators: Readies a shockwave that repeats and knocks down nearby enemies.
- Oloro Moa:
- Tractor Beam: Increased Aim Glide Duration and decreased Gravity.
- Security Override: Auto-hacks consoles over time with a chance to mind control robotic enemies and turrets in an area for a limited time after Hacking.
- Para Moa:
- Core: The core engine determines each Moa’s base Shields and Armor stats.
- Gyro: Gyro gear rearranges Health, Shields, and Armor percentages to customize each Moa’s defensive subroutine.
- Brackets: Brackets determine each Moa’s Mod slot polarities.
Legs also offers new Robotics weapons that can be used by both Moas and Sentinels:
- Cryotra: Emits a ray of sub-zero energy.
- Tazicor: Burst rifle that fires electrified rounds.
- Vulcax: Charges up a powerful blast of ultra-heated plasma.
The Emotion Module determines a Moa’s audio set and physical reactions to its environment. You can purchase an Emotion Module from the Market and equip it on your Moa the same way you equip Animation Sets on Warframes! Choose between Aggressive, Inquisitive, and Sensitive. Feel free to switch it up any time!
Legs can Gild any Max Rank Moa to enhance its stats! Your Moa will also reward Mastery Experience once it has been Gilded.
- The Moa head is the component that rewards Mastery Rank, because the head determines the Model. Gild all Moa Models to maximize your Mastery Experience with Legs!
- You can also exchange any Max Rank or Gilded Moa for Solaris United Standing!
- Ticker - Debt Tokens
Meet Ticker, the Debt salvager! At Ticker’s Used Goods, Ticker deals in debt forgiveness for Fortuna workers who might otherwise face punishment. Ticker can tell you about each case and the price they might pay for their debts. Help them by purchasing their Debt-Bonds and earn Debt-Bonds! Debt-Bonds are also available as rewards for completing Eudico’s Bounties.
You can exchange Debt Tokens for Solaris United Standing. There are five variations of Debt Tokens:
- Training Debt-Bond, Shelter Debt-Bond = Common
- Medical Debt-Bond, Advances Debt-Bond = Uncommon
- Familial Debt-Bond = Rare
Ever a diverse broker, Ticker also trades repossessed items on the side. You can use Debt Tokens to purchase second-hand Fortuna knickknacks and tools to decorate your Orbiter!
- VOX SOLARIS
- Raknoid Hunting & Operator Agent
A shadow faction led by a familiar face. Standing can be gained after completing the Vox Solaris quest.
You can earn Standing with the Vox Solaris (separate from Solaris United Standing and limit) by trading in Toroids obtained from certain location specific enemies in the Orb Vallis:
- All Spaceport enemies have a chance to drop the Vega Toroid.
- All Enrichment Labs enemies have a chance to drop the Calda Toroid.
- All Temple of Profit enemies have a chance to drop the Sola Toroid.
And if you’re lucky, you might find Toroids in your spelunking explorations!
There are currently 2 ranks with the Vox Solaris, and as knowledge of somethin’ big that creeps across the tundra grows, so will the Vox Solaris Ranks and Offerings. Note that you will need to complete The Second Dream quest before you can be initiated into Vox Solaris.
- Vox Solaris Standing
Use your Standing to purchase the newest classes of Mechanical Operator Armour:
Operator armor inspired by those Solaris who must work in searing heat.
Operator Armor modeled on enviro-gear worn by the surveyors and scouts of the Orb Vallis.
- VENT RAT
Lightweight and practical Operator Armor designed for flexibility and tight squeezes.
Operator Armor modeled on the daredevils of Fortuna's maintenance crews.
- Roky & Boon - Ventkids
- VENTKIDS STANDING
Howzit, glinty? If you’re looking for a new way to traverse the Orb Vallis, the Ventkids have you covered. Hangin’ with their logical fam in the ducts of Fortuna, the Ventkids get by stealing parts from the Corpus and running K-Drive races out on the Vallis.
- PROPER FELON
- Roky - K-Drive Acquisition
A member of the Vent Pobbers gang, Roky is your go-to for all things K-Drives. You can exchange Ventkids Standing with her for K-Drive component blueprints, and she will even bash together a plank for you if you ask nicely.
- K-Drive Components
- Bad Baby
- Arc Twelve
- Cold Fusor
- Twin Kavats
- Step Tens
These components do not offer any stat bonuses, but the Board will earn you Mastery when you rank up your K-Drive -- no Gilding required! You can earn Affinity for your K-Drive by completing tricks in the Vallis.
For additional statistic or functionality boosts, Roky also offers a variety of Mods (in exchange for Ventkids Standing) for you to equip on your K-Drive in the Arsenal. Much like your Archwing, K-Drives can be customized in the new combined “Vehicles” (previously “Archwing”) mode in your Arsenal.
- Mag Locks: Increases K-Drive Grind Magnetism
- Rail Guards: Increases K-Drive Grind Speed
- Air Time: Reduces Gravity while Falling Down
- Trail Blazer: Tricks leave a trail inflicting Heat Damage to enemies.
- Venerdo Hoverdrive: Increases K-Drive Jump Height
- Inertia Dampeners: Adds bonus Point Multiplier to Trick Score
- Kinetic Friction: Grinding builds up a charge that is released when landing the trick, dealing Electric Damage to enemies within range
- Slay Board: On Directional Dismount: Board is launched, dealing damage while pinning or slicing enemies
- Extreme Velocity: Increases+20% K-Drive Speed
- Nitro Boost: Increases +20% K-Drive Boost Speed
- Sonic Boost: Boosting will release a shockwave at a consistent interval, stunning enemies within range
- Thrash Landing: Landing a trick releases an explosion dealing a percentage of Trick Score in Blast Damage to enemies within range.
*You can view final Mod stats by visiting Roky in the Clubhouse in Fortuna!
Change the colors and choose your K-Drive Scrawl, featuring art from the Ventkids themselves, in the Customize menu. K-Drive Scrawls can be resized and re-oriented similar to Sigils, and can be found in bundles in the Market for Platinum!
- Kubrodons Series 1 Scrawl
- Kubrodons Series 2 Scrawl
- Pobbers Series 1 Scrawl
- Pobbers Series 2 Scrawl
- Boon - K-Drive Customization & Races
While you’re grinding your way through Orb Vallis, keep an eye out for Boon, the leader of the Kubrodon Ventkid Gang, who wants to see if your K-Drive skills are up to snuff. Look for Ventkids Icons on your minimap in the Vallis to find various K-Drive Race courses littered throughout the landscape.
Talk to Boon at any of the icons to start a race. The rules are simple: pass through each of the checkpoints within the allotted time to complete the course. The real challenge is showing your K-Drive flair. The more tricks you complete during your race, the higher your overall Leaderboard Score and the more Standing you earn!
PLEASE NOTE: Races will eventually be more intense - including 'admission cost' Standing to participate, rewarding even more standing on high-performing runs, and even leaderboard rewards! To help us stress test issues, we are NOT launching with 'admission costs' as we do not want to have a high-risk scenario in case of issues. Be prepared for higher risk, higher reward Races in a near hotfix!
Five K-Drive race courses will be available each day, but you can replay each race for additional Standing until you meet the Standing cap. For those looking for more passive Standing gain, you will earn extra Ventkids Standing for any tricks you complete in the Vallis upon returning to Fortuna.
Keep an eye out for floating purple K-Drive Trick Boosters that appear while riding out on the Vallis: hit them for an instant boost to your trick score multiplier!
- K-Drive Controls
Aiming (the button you’d use to aim down your sights) is how you initiate tricks. Use it in conjunction with other controls for a variety of results:
- Aim + Direction + Jump = Small (tap) / Big (held) flip in that direction.
- Aim + Direction + X = Directional Dismounts.
Firing (the button you’d use to fire your weapon) can be used to add a grab modifier to your tricks:
- Aim + Direction + Jump + Fire = Grab Flip in that direction
Crouch can be used to grind:
- Aim + Direction + Crouch + Fire = Grab Grind
- Crouch + Direction + Jump = Air Spins
- You can also grind on a variety of surfaces in Orb Vallis!
- Other commands
- Sprint is the boost key, to help you gain speed.
- Jump can be tapped for a regular jump, or held to charge into a large jump to gain lots of air!
This is only a basic overview of the various K-Drive commands -- be sure to give them a whirl yourself to see what crazy combinations you can come up with.
- ORB VALLIS
Due to its terraformed environment, Orb Vallis fluctuates between temperature phases, which directly affects certain ecosystems within it. The climate ebbs between Freezing and Warm (rather, slightly less cold), which affects the wildlife activity on the landscape. Tenno can see the current Temperature when hovering over the Orb Vallis node in the Navigation Menu.
The time cycle between these Temperatures is much shorter than the Day/Night equivalent on the Plains of Eidolon:
- Warm - approximately 4 minutes
- Cold - approximately 22 minutes
- In-Vallis Bounties
The weather outside is frightful, but the Bounties are so delightful. A Solaris United Agent who does not miss his organics awaits you OUTSIDE the doors of Fortuna in the Orb Vallis snow. Other Solaris United Agents are dispatched throughout Orb Vallis at enemy Corpus Camps - take control of the Camp to acquire Bounties from them. This harsh landscape restricts Incursions, but there is much to discover!
- Corpus Terra Variants
Tasked to maintain Nef Anyo’s voracious control over the Orb Vallis, these new specialized units have advanced their attacks, weaponry, and icy attitude towards the Tenno. Stay warm and fight the good fight!
- Cave Encounters
Take shelter from the storm within the caves of the Orb Vallis. But not all caves are dormant, Tenno...
- Raknoids and Orbs
As you explore the Vallis, beware of mechanical, spider-like machines known as Raknoids. These Corpus-designed creatures range in size and lethality, from tiny Mites to massive, invulnerable Orbs that loom over the region. Fortuna’s brightest are currently researching how to take down these Orbs, but for now, steer clear.
- New Resources!
The lands of the Vallis are home to many species of organic life. From glowing fungi to mucus mounds, encounter what this unique environment has to offer. Some of the plants require their “fruit” to be ripe before picking, look out for the ones that stand out from the bunch to collect their resource!
The Corpus have also settled into this biodome and littered their own tech resources across the land to be discovered.
- Mytocardia Spore
- Gorgaricus Spore
- Tepa Nodule
- Thermal Sludge
- ...and more!
- NEW ALERT LEVELS
The Corpus have synchronized a way to ramp up the fight in Orb Vallis. Your time out in the open world could be calm - or frantic, depending on the Alert Level! You can reach a maximum of 4 Stars which will have increasingly difficult and scaling enemies - can you handle all forms of Robotics and Corpus? Only time will tell.
To increase the Alert Level, simply allow the Corpus to summon more with active 'REINFORCEMENT BEACONS'!
To decrease it, destroy all REINFORCEMENT BEACONS and hide away out of combat.
- NEW CHALLENGES
- Bounty Hunter
- Complete 6 Bounties within 60 minutes while in Orb Vallis.
- Airborne Exterminator
- Destroy 10 Raknoids in Orb Vallis while airborne.
- Ride or Die
- Reach top standing with Ventkids.
- Money Can’t Buy Happiness
- Reach top standing with Solaris United.
- Moa Money, Moa Problems
- Acquire a Moa Companion.
- Ride 1,000,000 meters on a K-Drive.
- Hang Tenno
- Make a 50 meter jump on a K-Drive.
- Stay Frosty
- Fall into Orb Vallis coolant from 275 meters while on a K-Drive.
- Vallis Spelunker
- Explore all of the caves in Orb Vallis.
- Race Ace
- Complete all of the K-Drive races in Orb Vallis.
- Animal Lover
- Complete 10 perfect Conservation captures in Orb Vallis.
Meet our 37th Warframe: GARUDA! Death's crimson maiden. The blood of Garuda's foes imbue her with strength and vitality. Visit Fortuna to earn this vicious new Warframe. If no Melee weapon is equipped, Garuda will resort to using her talons to deal damage and attack enemies. These claws can be Modded and upgraded in the Arsenal.
PASSIVE: DEATH’S GATE
As Garuda nears death, her damage increases.
- 1. DREAD MIRROR
Rip the life force from an enemy and use it as a shield that captures damage. Charge to channel the captured damage into an explosive projectile.
- 2. BLOOD ALTAR
Impale an enemy on an altar of talons and siphon health for Garuda and her allies.
- 3. BLOODLETTING
Garuda sacrifices her Health to generate Energy.
- 4. SEEKING TALONS
Charge to expand the targeting area, release to send Garuda’s talons careening toward each target in the targeting area. Enemies who survive are prone to bleeding.
Garuda can be acquired via Orb Vallis Bounties & the Vox Solaris Quest, or in the Market for Platinum.
- SUPARNA SYANDANA
Flows like grace. Flows like blood. An asymmetrical, stain-resistant Syandana.
Find the Suparna Syandana in the Market.
- GARUDA BATHORY HELM
What was once myth is now real, hand outstretched to claim that which runs within you. An alternate helm for Garuda.
Find the Garuda Bathory Helm in the Market or in the Alerts.
- BLOODSHED SIGIL
“Please return - covered in blood - safe and sound.” This Bloodshed Sigil can be equipped on any Warframe, but only visible when in the Arsenal, Captura, or when accumulating Health damage numerous times in a mission.
Find the Bloodshed Sigil in the Market as part of the Garuda Bundle. You will be able to earn it free in a future Fortuna release - event style.
- NEW WEAPONS
Slash targets with a single precise bolt from Garuda’s signature crossbow. Alt-fire to let loose a barrage of bolts. All bolts have a chance to cause bleeding and headshots have a chance to increase reload speed.
Find the Nagantaka Blueprint in the Market.
This unsophisticated Corpus survival tool does what it was designed for: hacking and splitting whatever it strikes.
A weapon that reaches for its next victim even as it kills. With each takedown, this pistol spawns an energy tendril that reaches for a nearby target.
A weapon that builds charge the more it kills. Hit capacity then release for an obliterating discharge of power.
*Research for the Kreska, Ocucor, and Battacor can be found in the Dojo Energy Lab, or in the Market for Platinum.
- NEW SENTINEL
- Oxylus Sentinel
The Oxylus Sentinel was designed to assist in Search-and-Rescue operations through the harsh landscape around The Orb Vallis. It comes equipped with two Precepts to do just that!
- Scan Matter: Resource containers within an area are revealed periodically on the Minimap for a limited time.
- Scan Lifeforms: Increases the maximum Active Conservation Encounters.
*final stats available in-game
The Oxylus' default weapon is the Multron Rifle! A new Sentinel weapon that fires a burst of armor piercing rounds. Pick up the Oxylus Blueprint by visiting The Business in Fortuna.
Note: This Sentinel requires two open slots.
- New Sentinel “Assault Mode” Attack Precept Mod
In an effort to reduce the inventory duplication clutter that came with the individual Sentinel attack Precept Mods, Wyrm, Wyrm Prime, Carrier, Carrier Prime, Dethcube, Taxon, and the newest Oxylus now come with the “Assault Mode” Mod: “Sentinel will attack first visible enemy within an area” (*final stats available in game).
- If you already own the original attack Mods they will remain in your inventory but cannot be equipped with Assault Mode.
- Assault Mode has replaced the original attack Mods on enemy drop tables.
- We increased damage falloff range on the Sweeper Mod by 5m to allow it to work effectively with the Assault Mode Mod.
- Experience the chilling distance wails of the Orb Vallis creatures as they succumb to the frigid snow drifts, the ever present hum of seemingly perpetual debt workers in Fortuna, and the many unparalleled new voices of the Solaris colony. Open your ears to the incredible new vast array of sounds! This also includes of 16 minutes of original music - from the Ventkids to Orb Vallis itself!
- A new Fortuna Theme is available! Preview, purchase for Platinum, and equip by going to your Options > Interface > UI Customization.
- A new Mod, Fetch, for Kubrows and Kavats (Beasts) has been added - Detects and collects items within an area for its master, including Mods (*final stats available in game).
- Fetch operates the same as the coveted Vacuum Mod for Sentinels. You can find the Fetch Mod from:
- New Hyena variants in the Orb Vallis
- Fetch operates the same as the coveted Vacuum Mod for Sentinels. You can find the Fetch Mod from:
- New Archwing Mod drops have been added to the Balor Fomorian (*final stats available in game):
- Cryo Coating (Archwing Melee): Increased Cold/Status Chance
- Ion infusion (Archwing Melee): Increased Electricity/Status Chance
- Infectious Injection (Archwing Melee): Increased Toxin/Status Chance
- Charged Bullets (Archwing Gun): Increased Electricity/Status Chance
- Hypothermic Shell (Archwing Gun): Increased Cold/ Status Chance
- Contamination Casing (Archwing Gun): Increased Toxin/Status Chance
- New Beast Mods dropped from new Hyena variants in the Orb Vallis:
- Shock Collar (Beast): Increased Electricity/Status Chance
- Flame Gland (Beast): Increased Heat/Status Chance
- Frost Jaw (Beast): Increased Cold/Status Chance
- Venom Teeth (Beast): Increased Toxin/Status Chance
- Choosing your Focus is now available in your Arsenal! Whether you’re Unairu, Madurai, Zenurik, Naramon, or Vazarin, you can swap between your active Focus school with greater ease when preparing your builds!
- A reusable Ayatan Amber Star Blueprint (available for 10 Vitus Essence) is purchasable from the Arbiters of Hexis in the Relay.
- Added some polish to the Gear Wheel changes. We now have a UI marker to indicate where the start of the Gear Spiral is so you have an orientation point AND we always start the opening of the Gear Wheel in the same rotation. This is based on your feedback about losing muscle memory and losing your orientation upon repeat gear use.
- New loading UI elements have been added!
- 7 Solaris propaganda Posters are available for your Decorating pleasure in the Market.
- New Glyph Bundle: Venters Glyph Bundle! These Glyphs were illustrated by none other than renowned fantasy artist Pete Venters!
- Venters Headbanger Glyph
- Venters Burn Warning Glyph
- Venters Shocker Glyph
- Venters Disco Ball o’Death Glyph
- Venters Face-Blasting Stream Glyph
- Venters Glistening Magnificence Glyph
- New Dojo Pigments! Colors chosen by the esteemed Design Council:
- Memoriam Purple
- Drops from Terra Provisor.
- 01000011 Cyan
- Drops from Terra Raptor SX.
- Neo Pink
- Drops from Terra Trencher.
- Coolant Blue
- Drops from Terra Overtaker.
- Conductor Gold
- Drops from Terra Embattor Moa.
- Memoriam Purple
- Kitgun Rivens have been added as a Sortie reward!
- Added an option to move Decorations along a single axis (X,Y, or Z) for fine-tuned positioning.
- Added the option to toggle a 'Grain' filter to all gameplay, you can disable it here:
- Riven Disposition Changes
We have tweaked Dispositions across the board, to better uphold the delicate balance of power that Rivens represent (excluding Melee Rivens until Melee 3.0).
Please read our Developer Workshop for more information and direct your feedback/comments:
Sentinel weapon Rivens have been removed from the Riven generation pool. Those who own Sentinel weapon Rivens will still have them in their Inventories. Obtaining a Sentinel weapon Riven was simply lackluster compared to more applicable weapons.
- Mining Changes (Plains of Eidolon & Vallis)
Mining launched with Update 22: Plains of Eidolon and introduced a new resource extracting system to Warframe! Collecting Ore and Gems required you trace a pattern around a deposit using a Mining cutter tool in order to release it from its encasement. Since then it has seen several small iterations over time in order to ease what was at times tricky to execute, especially since the quality of the deposit was affected by the accuracy of the trace (which typically made the process very slow).
With the introduction of a brand new open landscape with deposits of its own, we knew that we needed to add new challenge that required similar levels of precision and skill, but in a speedier fashion and with much more return. So with that said, we have made the following changes to Mining:
Extraction is now done by heating a deposit to the ideal temperature. Aiming and shooting your Mining tool at any of the heat spots (flashing blue dots) on a deposit will begin the process.
A thermometer gauge ring will appear with boxed indicators that denote where you have to land in order to extract from the deposit. Simply hold the fire button and release when you are inside any of the indicators on the ring. Red deposits still indicate Ores and Blue indicates Gems. Landing in the smaller of the indicators yields Gems (even on a Red deposit).
- General mining notes
- All hot spots must be completed in order to successfully collect Ore/Gems.
- Heat spots will glow red to indicate when you have successfully completed it.
- The more heat spots, the harder the extractions become with timing pressures and moving boxes.
- If all of the indicators are missed, you will still be rewarded a small amount of Ore/Gem (depending on the deposit type).
- Operator Suit Mesh Revisit
We're back again with Operator Suit Changes! You may recall changes introduced in Update 23.10.0 shifted the mesh in several different pieces, including parts of the hood now being attached to the Torso. We did this because mixing and matching pieces is becoming the norm, and we want all Operator cosmetics to be compatible with this. However, the first pass lacked polish.
Changes are now being implemented so that the hood mesh is no longer attached to the Chest piece of the Operator.
The Operator Waistband section now displays each Suit’s waist attachments with the proper highlighted cloth displaying in the Icon. For example, prior to this update, the ‘Vahd Greaves’ were missing the center flap cloth due to not having a waistband attachment - which is now fixed!
This should be a much smoother roll-out of our mix n match changes.
- Arca Plasmor Change
The previous Mainline update of Chimera 23.10.0 included a sneaky bug that removed falloff damage from the Arca Plasmor and the Shwaak Prism. The Arsenal continued to state the always present falloff (10.0 - 20.0) but it wasn’t truly applying. We have fixed this bug, which resulted in adding falloff damage back to the Arca Plasmor and Shwaak Prism, and thus returned it to its original falloff state prior to Update 23.10.0. This also fixes the Conclave Arsenal displaying the incorrect falloff damage for the Arca Plasmor.
Note from [DE]Megan: I’m personally an Arca Plasmor devotee, and after testing comparisons, it truly remains a radiated plasma punch to the face.Changes:
- Bounty boards aesthetically changed across the board (Cetus). Hover to view, rick click to expand reward list.
- Increased the Archwing max height in the Plains of Eidolon to 300 meters.
- The following Dojo rooms have received a quantity cap (Clans that currently exceed the cap will keep them):
- The Inspiration Hall now has a max quantity of 3
- The Custom Obstacle Course now has a max quantity of 5
- Enemy names in the Dojo Color Research screen that weren't all caps are now all caps.
- Improved logic for ordering enemies to move to a NPC Defense Target.
- Improvements towards AI running into walls and Defense Targets getting teleporting into the abyss below in the Grineer Shipyard Defense tilesets.
- The Gear Spiral now displays RMB instead of TAB to switch to the Emote wheel.
- Improved Nekros’ Shadow of the Dead FX to better support replicating larger AI.
- The ‘SENTINEL’ Inventory category has been renamed to ‘ROBOTICS’ to welcome the new MOA Companions.
- Numerous Bells, Lanterns, and Nature Decorations in the Dojo have received the PBR treatment!
- Improved lighting and numerous textures in the New Loka Relay room.
- The Hystrix’s Alt Fire stats have been split into tabs when viewed in the Inventory, to fix the stat information running off the screen.
- Fixed a crash if a Clan message was received while transitioning between missions.
- Fixed rare crash when a member of your squad leaves (or squad disbands) while they have their microphone active.
- Fixed crash when Modding/entering a mission with the Dark Split-Sword.
- Fixed a Host migration resetting the Arbiter of Hexis Defense Operative's Health.
- Fixed Kubrow Fur Patterns appearing as low quality textures.
- Fixed Tusk Predator Eximus’ not correctly awarding 500 Affinity when killed in the Plains.
- Fixing Saryn's Molt being in a T-Pose rather than whatever pose Saryn was in when it was cast.
- Fixed Primed Quickdraw not appearing in the Codex when owned.
- Fixed missing Daily Tribute Milestone preview for Day 50.
- Fixed the Rolling Guard Mod not protecting oneself from self-inflicted Lenz Status Effects.
- Fixed Infested spore swarms spawned by Swarm Mutalist MOAs applying buffs to non-Infested agents (e.g. the Arbitration Drone).
- Fixed rapidly firing charged shots using Mirage's Hall of Mirrors resulting in the Staticor's glowing effects stacking and multiplying to the point that the player's vision is compromised.
- Fixed the ‘Catch X fish without missing’ Riven challenge not resetting after missing a Spear throw.
- Fixed Gear Spiral icons popping in late.
- Fixed inability to send Gifts to a player who is in your current squad.
- Fixed Eximus Ospreys in the Codex being stuck to the ground.
- Fixed inability to select/move certain Dojo Decorations as reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1021465-dojo-decorations-stuck-in-place/
- Fixed wonky textures with the Xiphos Landing Craft door.
- Fixed the Repala Syandana clipping through Ivara’s legs.
- Fixed uncentered camera placements for Clients in Frame Fighter.
- Fixed spectator camera not following Operators.
- Fixed wonky Grineer AI animations when dropping from Dropships in the Plains.
- Fixed misangled pause Menu when attempting to invite another player to a current Conclave match.
- Fixed an issue where if you had 12 or more items in your Gear Spiral, entered the Arsenal, and begin to remove items, the Gear Spiral would not display in ring mode until only 10 items were equipped.
- Fixed an immobile arrow lingering on screen after viewing the Overlay Minimap in the Simulacrum.
- Fixed inability to use a Remote Observer in the Orbiter with a Hotkey.
- Fixed cases of Clients getting an infinite mission countdown timer.
- Fixed some murky glass textures in the Relay.
- Fixed inability to Auto Install Ayatan Stars when using a controller.
- Fixed the Harpak doing more damage than depicted in the Conclave Arsenal.
- Fixed Arbitration Drones taking damage from Gara’s Splinter Storm.
- Fixed Arbitration boon selecting the MK1-Braton.
- Fixed incorrect color combinations when choosing ‘white’ as one of the colors for the Note Beacon Decoration.
- Fixed cases where Fishing Spears could hit Sentinels and other things it should ignore.
- Fixed inability to remove Emotes from the Gear Spiral while in the Arsenal.
- Fixed the Fishing menu displaying Hotkeys beside the slot number even though the Hotkeys only apply to the standard Gear Spiral.
- Fixed Fragment lore audio playing persistently when opening a new Codex entry, therefore remaining on screen and affecting other dioramas until it concludes.