Undying Flyer is an Infested unit of the Grineer Hellion that uses its jetpack to ram opponents at high speeds. Once it dies, the creature leaves behind a pod which, if left alone long enough, will respawn the Undying Flyer at full health.
It was introduced alongside the Leaping Thrasher in the fourth episode of Nightwave: Series 2 – The Emissary, found in Emissary Derelicts which requires a Zealot Derelict Code from Infested Outbreaks.
Damage Resistance[edit | edit source]
Undying Fliers possess DR that scales depending on your weapon's DPS excluding critical hits. DPS is calculated by
Critical Hits are applied after DR is calculated. Additionally, the average DPS is calculated using health modifiers and is quantized.
For proc damage, critical hits are taken are taken into account.
Where the proc damage is the per tick damage of the corresponding proc, with health/shield/armor modifiers taken into account.
Note that unlike the DPS controller for normal damage, the one for proc damage takes critical hits into account.
For heat procs, the proc damage in the above formula is the accumulated value of all the previous heat procs.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Undying Flyer is incredibly agile and erratic, using its jetpack to attempt to rush the player or move out of the way, slashing with it's claw, then jumping back out of the way in an attempt to evade.
- It may also use its jetpack to aim directly at the player, attempting to ram them.
- Its infested "face" can be destroyed, in which the unit will emit a low damage cloud of toxin around itself, damaging anything (including itself) around the unit.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The pod that the Undying Flyer respawns in can be scanned multiple times, and although it won't show up in the codex initially, the codex scanner will eventually show the pod in green light, indicating the scanning is complete.
- The Undying Flyer is the second Infested Grineer unit introduced in the game, the first being the Charger.
- It is also the second ground Infested enemy type to utilize flight, and does so with great efficiency, the first being the Mutalist Osprey and it's variants.