- Innate damage – effective against Ferrite Armor and Fossilized.
- Good damage – effective against armor.
- Tied with uncharged and for the highest status chance of all secondaries.
- Innate damage can rapidly strip away armor.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- High reload speed.
- On kill, bodies will follow the dart that killed them, damaging anyone in their path and pinning the corpse to walls.
- Innate damage – less effective against Proto Shields.
- Low damage – less effective against shields.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Extremely low critical chance.
- Low critical multiplier.
- Relatively low fire rate.
- Fairly high recoil.
The Tysis's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 120||Blueprints Price:30,000|
- The 81 damage is dealt in 3 ticks of 27 damage, over the course of 2 seconds. This allows a single dart to proc multiple times.
- If the dart punches through an enemy, they will instead receive 1 tick.
- Tysis needles retain their course after piercing their first target, possibly penetrating multiple targets without losing accuracy.
- Tysis needles will be invisible if the energy color is Black, making target leading harder as you can't estimate travel speed and deviation effectively.
- A status chance of 260% may be obtained without any riven mods by combining , , , , , , and (for a maximum of 305% with ).
- With its high status chance, the Tysis may be used as a softening weapon against Grineer. Corrosive effects stack, allowing another weapon to easily deliver the killing blow.
- Adding damage makes this weapon ideal for battling Infested Ancients, as Fossilized enemies take more damage from both elements.
- The Tysis' needles may stretch targets if they are already pinned to the wall by another weapon's projectile (like the ).
- This is the second Infested weapon available on the Market. The first was the .
- The Tysis is the first Infested sidearm to be non-clan exclusive.
- The Tysis may derive its name from the suffix "-ptysis", which typically refers to spitting out substances (e.g. Hemoptysis would refer to spitting blood). It may also be based on Phthisis, the ancient Greek name for Consumption, AKA Tuberculosis, which was named such for "eating its victims from the inside".
- The head of the Tysis vaguely resembles the head of a Goblin shark.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|