Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Corrosive damage.
- Innate Corrosive damage – effective against Ferrite Armor and Fossilized.
- Good Puncture damage – effective against armor.
- Tied with Kuva Nukor for the highest status chance of all sidearms.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- High reload speed.
- On kill, bodies will follow the dart that killed them, damaging anyone in their path and pinning the corpse to walls.
- Innate Corrosive damage – less effective against Proto Shields.
- Low Impact damage – less effective against shields.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Extremely low critical chance.
- Low critical multiplier.
- Relatively low fire rate.
- Fairly high recoil.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Tysis's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 120||Blueprints Price:30,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The 81 Corrosive damage is dealt in 3 ticks of 27 damage, over the course of 2 seconds. This allows a single dart to proc multiple times.
- If the dart punches through an enemy, they will instead receive 1 tick.
- Tysis needles retain their course after piercing their first target, possibly penetrating multiple targets without losing accuracy.
- Tysis needles will be invisible if the energy color is Black, making target leading harder as you can't estimate travel speed and deviation effectively.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- A status chance of 260% may be obtained without any riven mods by combining Stunning Speed, Sure Shot, Carnis Stinger, Jolt, Pistol Pestilence, Scorch, and Frostbite (for a maximum of 305% with Embedded Catalyzer).
- With its high status chance, the Tysis may be used as a softening weapon against Grineer. Corrosive effects stack, allowing another weapon to easily deliver the killing blow.
- Adding Blast damage makes this weapon ideal for battling Infested Ancients, as Fossilized enemies take more damage from both elements.
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Tysis Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Tysis Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Tysis' needles may stretch targets if they are already pinned to the wall by another weapon's projectile (like the Boltor).
- This is the second Infested weapon available on the Market. The first was the Mire.
- The Tysis is the first Infested sidearm to be non-clan exclusive.
- The Tysis may derive its name from the suffix "-ptysis", which typically refers to spitting out substances (e.g. Hemoptysis would refer to spitting blood). It may also be based on Phthisis, the ancient Greek name for Consumption, AKA Tuberculosis, which was named such for "eating its victims from the inside".
- The head of the Tysis vaguely resembles the head of a Goblin shark.
Media[edit | edit source]
Update History[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.