Tyl Regor is the Grineer boss of the Uranus system. As the head researcher of Grineer gene repair, Regor works to remove the Cloning Decay Syndrome on his brethren, making strides through his "tubemen".Regor is fought in the mission Titania, Uranus. After defeating him and finishing the mission, the player will receive Equinox component blueprints.
Lore[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
As part of his efforts to cure the Grineer's Cloning Decay Syndrome, Tyl Regor has built secret underwater research facilities in the depths of Uranus's ocean. His research soon bears fruit in the form of "tubemen", specimens of Grineer that are stronger and healthier than normal Grineer.
Once, Tyl Regor experimented on his volunteering test subject named Dhurnam in his endeavor to develop an experimental body augmentation. Unfortunately, the results were only half successful as the augmentation instead left him sluggish and unresponsive, only becoming fit for combat if and only if he receives pain. Unfit for duty, the former test subject became an Executioner in the pits of Rathuum, the only place where he could find the steady diet of torment and suffering needed to survive.
Tyl Regor's research however attracts the attention of Alad V, who now seemingly seeks to undo the Infestation he is afflicted with, and sees Regor's research as the key to his cure. In turn, Alad V's intentions to acquire Regor's research for himself alarms Nef Anyo, who sees both the tubemen and Alad V as a threat to his position in the Corpus Board. Alad V and Nef Anyo make deals with the Tenno in order to raid Regor's laboratories to either retrieve or destroy Regor's research.
Tyl Regor initially hired Maroo to find and retrieve a piece of the Arcane Codices inside an Orokin Derelict. However, as Maroo had a general dislike of the Grineer, she gave them a fake Codex instead and sold the original to the Corpus. Enraged by her betrayal, Tyl Regor ordered his men to hunt down Maroo to recover the Codex, and to kill her if necessary — however, the Grineer would come into contact with the Tenno instead, as the Tenno had taken Maroo under their custody for her protection.
Natah[edit | edit source]
At some point after the events of Stolen Dreams, Tyl Regor comes across the tombs of a long forgotten Orokin artificial species. As a result, the sectors of Uranus were haunted by what seems to be floating, spectral ghost glowing in blue known as Oculysts. Tyl Regor's intercepted messages further clarifies his intent to excavate the Sentient Tomb to uncover the artifacts within in hopes of assisting his own research, causing the Tenno to take an immediate action to stop his excavation.
During the mission to foil Tyl Regor's objective, he expressed an apparent interest of how the Sentients had destroyed the Orokin, an ancient civilization thought to be godlike. Fully aware of the threat, he continues to risk his action and uncovers the tomb, discovering primordial technology from the Orokin Era including Exilus Adapters, before he encounters an unknown entity known to no Grineer, who eventually reveals himself to be a parental figure to the Lotus. The unexpected appearance of the Sentient prompted the Grineer general to order a retreat on all his units, leaving the Tenno to seal the awakened entity along with his drones much to Regor's extreme dismay.
Angered by the Tenno intervention, he challenges them to come and fight him head on in Titania sector, wanting a Grineer justice done by his own hands for indirectly sabotaging his research.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Tyl Regor has a large upper body and a small lower body while being covered in blue armor. His facemask appears to have two glowing eyes with one larger than the other similar to the Manic. He wields the Ack & Brunt, with the shield doubling as a headdress of sorts. He also has unique cybernetic limbs, with his Knux fists being detachable and fired, and a unique pair of prosthetic legs.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Tyl Regor exclusively uses melee attacks, complimented by his incredible sprint speed and attack speed.
- Teleport: Regor teleports around the battlefield.
- Ack & Brunt: Regor's signature axe and shield combo. The axe is very fast and able to execute many combos in succession that cause stagger and are unblockable, while the shield is impervious to all attacks.
- Knux: Regor's signature fists. He uses these to create shockwaves and launch them as high velocity projectiles that explode on impact.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
Tyl Regor's arena is a three-layered, open circular room with a giant statue of Tyl Regor in the center and moveable platforms capable of forming walkways. Unlike most boss fights, the room is sealed off when the fight begins, preventing any other Grineer from reinforcing.
Regor only appears by himself and is vulnerable to all damage, although hits to his shield are nullified. The fight will transition once he loses a third of his health.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
Regor becomes invulnerable and launches his fists at the glass ceiling, causing water to leak in and flood the bottom layer. Any Tenno that fall in will enter Submersible Archwing mode, and will have the added threat of facing Submersible enemies that spawn. Regor then disappears and the tubes on the sides of the room will burst open, spawning Drekar Manics.
Once these Manics have been dealt with, Regor will teleport back into the room and proceed to attack players once more. When he loses another third of his health, he will teleport to the top level and Phase 3 will begin.
Phase 3[edit | edit source]
Regor gains invulnerability once more and launches his fists at the glass ceiling again, flooding the middle layer entirely. The flooded water is now electrified, dealing constant Electricity damage, forcing the Tenno to take shelter at the top floor. There is also the added danger of sporadic water jets shooting out of the walls, which are capable of pushing unaware Tenno back into the electrified water.
Regor will once again teleport away, with a new group of Drekar Manic and Drekar Manic Bombards appearing. Once these enemies have been taken care of, Regor will teleport back into the arena and can be finished off for good.
Summary[edit | edit source]
- Phase 1: Deplete Tyl Regor's health down a third.
- Phase 2:
- Regor floods the bottom layer and disappears to spawn Drekar Manics. Kill the Manic reinforcements to force Regor to return.
- Damage Regor's health down a third again.
- Phase 3:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While Tyl Regor is invincible, Status Effects can still be applied, and will deal damage once he is no longer invincible. This makes high-status weapons very effective not only to Tyl Regor, but also to the Drekar Manics and Drekar Manic Bombards. Heat Status Effects are most useful here, since the damage from each effect can be applied at the same time. A very high-status Convectrix can apply over 125 Status Effects per second, making it a very effective weapon.
- Tyl Regor is voiced by Lucas Schuneman, or better known by his alias VoiceActingNinja, who also provided the voice for Nef Anyo, Ghoul Rictus, and Treasurer.
- Prior to Update 8.0, Tyl Regor was found on the Grineer Asteroid like the other Grineer bosses. And prior to Update 17.0 he was found on the Grineer Galleon tileset. Now he is found on the Grineer Sealab tileset.
- Prior to Update 17, Tyl Regor instead used the Skana, his fighting style was exactly the same as a Butcher would do, except that he hits from longer range and deals stronger damage.
- Before Update 17, one of his taunts during combat was "You realize we haven't celebrated halloween in a millenia, right?" Amusingly, his head, like some of the basic Grineer troops, was replaced by a carved pumpkin during Halloween.
- Similar to The Sergeant and Ambulas, Tyl Regor doesn't drop any rare mods.
- Tyl Regor is one of the growing list of reworked planetary Assassination missions, and was re-released in Update 17.
- At the end of Operation Eyes of Blight, the Queens reprimand Vay Hek for his foolish decisions in recent days, then noted that they will be using Regor for future offensives against the Tenno.
- Tyl Regor seems to be hiding behind a locked door on the upper part of the map when he is not appearing in the battlefield, the same door where the player proceeds after defeating him.
- Ironically, Tyl Regor says "It's hammer time!" despite wielding an axe instead of a hammer. He also mentions a "gavel", though this is likely metaphorical.
- The same goes for Sprag.
- Councilor Vay Hek and Tyl Regor are, by far, the only two characters in Warframe who are found the most agitated by the presence of the Lotus, saying that they would personally kill the Lotus once the Tenno have been exterminated from the Origin System, unlike Lieutenant Lech Kril & General Sargas Ruk who simply disregard the Lotus and instead see the Tenno as the actual threat.
- Tyl Regor seems to be unusually intelligent for a Grineer. Often, he has problems communicating with his low-intellect subordinates.
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 24.1.5
|Grineer||Planet||Captain Vor (Mercury/Ceres) • Councilor Vay Hek (Earth) • General Sargas Ruk (Saturn) • Kela De Thaym (Sedna) • Lieutenant Lech Kril (Mars/Ceres) • Tyl Regor (Uranus)|
|Mission||Kuva Liches • The Grustrag Three (Assassin) • Ven'kra Tel and Sprag (Orokin Sabotage)|
|Quest||Elder Queen (The War Within)|
|Event||Balor Fomorian (Fomorian Fleet)|
|Corpus||Planet||Alad V and Zanuka (Jupiter) • Ambulas (Pluto) • Jackal (Venus) • Hyena Pack (Neptune) • Raptors (Europa) • The Sergeant (Phobos)|
|Mission||Exploiter Orb (Orb Vallis) • Lynx (Orokin Sabotage) • Profit-Taker Orb (Orb Vallis) • Zanuka Hunter (Assassin)|
|Quest||Protea Specter (The Deadlock Protocol)|
|Event||Razorback (Razorback Armada)|
|Infested||Planet||Jordas Golem (Eris) • Juggernaut Behemoth (Eris) • Mutalist Alad V (Eris) • Lephantis (Deimos) • Zealoid Prelate (Deimos)|
|Mission||Juggernaut (Infested Ship)|
|Quest||Infested Mesa (Patient Zero)|
|Event||Phorid (Phorid Manifestation) • Hemocyte (Plains of Eidolon - Operation: Plague Star)|
|Orokin||Mission||Corrupted Vor (Tier 4 Void) • Nihil (Nightwave/Series 3)|
|Quest||Necramech (Heart of Deimos)|
|Mission||Eidolon Teralyst • Gantulyst • Hydrolyst (Plains of Eidolon)|
|Quest||Suda-Hunhow (Octavia's Anthem)|
|Event||Condrix (Earth - Operation: Scarlet Spear)|
|Stalker||Mission||Acolytes (The Steel Path) • Stalker or Shadow Stalker (Assassin)|
|Unaffiliated||Mission||Wolf of Saturn Six (Assassin)|