The Twin Vipers are akimbo Viper machine pistols of Grineer design, featuring a very high rate of fire, but poor accuracy and extremely poor ammo efficiency. Vipers are the smallest firearms manufactured by the Grineer and boast a simplified magazine design.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- Tied with Twin Vipers Wraith for fastest fire rate of all secondaries.
- Good critical chance.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Puncture damage – less effective against armor.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Low status chance.
- Low accuracy at anything past close range.
- Extremely ammo inefficient.
- Very fast fire rate results in frequent reloading.
- Twin Vipers, compared to Viper:
- Twin Vipers, compared to Twin Vipers Wraith:
- Lower base damage (17.0 vs. 18.0)
- Lower critical chance (15% vs. 19%)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2x)
- Higher status chance (11% vs. 9%)
- Smaller magazine (28 rounds vs. 40 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (420 rounds vs. 440 rounds)
- More accurate (15 vs. 11)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (5 vs. 7)
- Higher disposition (1.45 vs. 1.41)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Twin Vipers's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:15,000|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Pistol Ammo Mutation mod can help regain lost ammo when needed. Alternatively, use Pistol Scavenger aura or bring along Squad Ammo Restore.
- Using short bursts of fire greatly improves accuracy and makes the weapon viable at medium medium-long distances, although it is still advised to be used at close quarters.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Twin Vipers were released on April 12, 2013 with Hotfix 7.7.3.
Media[edit | edit source]
Twin Vipers Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Viper, the single counterpart.
- Viper Wraith, the Wraith single counterpart.
- Twin Vipers Wraith, the Wraith counterpart.