The Twin Grakatas are the akimbo secondary variant of the primary Grakata assault rifle. Despite its lackluster base damage, it possesses a very high critical chance and critical multiplier and extreme fire rate, making this weapon deceptively powerful. It also fires two bullets at once due to its innate multishot, but in turn, it depletes its high ammo pool alarmingly quickly. It is also Clem's weapon of choice.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:20,000|
The blueprint for this weapon can be found in the Market.
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- Very high critical chance.
- Very high critical multiplier.
- Very high fire rate.
- Tied with Dual Cestra and Secura Dual Cestra for the largest magazine size of all secondaries.
- Large ammo reserves.
- Negligible recoil.
- Innate polarity.
- Lowest damage per bullet of all secondaries.
- Very low overall status chance.
- Extremely poor ammo efficiency.
- Consumes 2 bullets per shot.
- Very low reload speed.
- Very high fire rate and innate multishot result in frequent reloading.
- The Twin Grakatas fire two bullets per shot. This means that the actual fire rate is double that of the listed fire rate.
- The total credit cost of crafting the Twin Grakatas, including the blueprint and the building costs of its two constituent Grakatas, is 195,000.
- Compared to the Grakata, each individual bullet will deal 4 Impact, 3.35 Puncture, and 2.65 Slash, which is less damage per bullet than the Grakata, but fires two of these at once, resulting in far more DPS. The weapon also has the advantage of a much more efficient physical damage mod as well as Lethal Torrent, causing the Twin Grakatas to have a higher DPS.
- Mods that affect the standalone Grakata, such as Wild Frenzy and Riven Mods, cannot be equipped on the Twin Grakatas.
- The Twin Grakatas were first presented in the Echoes of the Sentients Highlight Video.
- The Twin Grakatas appear to have been inspired by a popular fan-made comic by Datareaper (who was the designer of the Kronen) involving a Grineer Lancer named Clem, who idolizes the Tenno and is seen wielding two Grakatas as his signature weapon.
- The Twin Grakatas are the first weapons to occupy a different weapon slot to their default counterpart - while the single Grakata is a primary weapon, the Twin Grakatas are considered secondary weapons and thus use pistol mods instead of rifle mods.
- The Twin Grakatas are the first dual-wielded version of another weapon to fire more projectiles at once instead of having increased magazine size and fire rate.
- The Twin Grakatas possess the highest possible ammo reserve (2280 with the Trick Mag mod) of all equippable weapons, barring Archwing weapons which have an infinite reserve.
- Along with the Spira, The Twin Grakatas are one of the few secondary weapons that can achieve orange critical hits, using a combination of Primed Pistol Gambit, Creeping Bullseye, and Hydraulic Crosshairs after the player manages to hit an enemy's head. This will increase the critical chance to 117%, enough for every shot to crit with a 17% chance for the shots to become orange criticals.
- If the player owns a Prisma Grakata the game will display it as an available material for building the Twin Grakatas, despite the fact that it cannot be selected.
Twin Grakatas Skins
- Grakata, the original single version.
- Clem, a character who wields the weapon.
- Clem Specter, a deployable specter that is modeled after Clem and wields the Twin Grakatas.