Trigger Type refers to the firing mechanism within primary and secondary weapons. The fire button (default) has varying effects depending on the equipped weapon.
List of Trigger Types
- Auto, also known as Automatic or Full-Auto, shoots a continuous stream of bullets while the fire button is held down.
- Auto-Spool is a type of automatic fire that gradually builds up fire rate the longer the fire button is held down.
- Semi, also known as Semi-Automatic or Semi-Auto, fires a single bullet per press of the fire button.
- Burst is a type of semi-automatic fire that shoots two or more bullets, often in a burst-like fashion, per press of the fire button.
- Auto-Burst is a combination of automatic and burst firing types that shoots two or more rounds while the fire button is held down. Currently exclusive to the , , and .
- Simultaneous Burst (informal label) is a Burst subtype in which the burst is fired in a span of 0 seconds i.e. simultaneously – in a manner which is similar to innate Multishot – the only practical difference being that ammo is spent for each projectile fired; exemplified by and .
- Mag Burst (informal label) is a Burst subtype in which the entire magazine is shot out during the burst like 's alt-fire.
- Duplex shoots one round when pressing the fire button, and shoots another round when releasing the fire button. Exclusive to the , , , and .
- Held is a type of automatic fire that shoots a continuous beam, exclusive to Continuous Weapons. Unlike automatics that fire bullets, these beam weapons often consume ammo at a halved rate and multishot generates extra instances of damage, but possesses limited range.
- Charge builds up power in a weapon while the fire button is held down, and shoots when the fire button is released. A circular bar appears on the reticule to indicate charging. Some chargeable weapons require a full charge to fire, while others fire automatically at a full charge.
- There are several charging types:
|Quickshot Type||Release Type||Weapons|
|Indefinite Hold||( ), , ( , ), ( , , ), , ( , ), , Alt-Fire, , ,|
|Indefinite Hold||, , , ,|
|Instant Auto-Release||Tombfinger Primary, Speargun Throw ( , , ), ,|
|Instant Auto-Release||( )|
|Instant Auto-Release||, Alt-fire, Alt-fire|
|Instant Auto-Release||( )|
|Delayed Auto-Release||(Releases when magazine decays)|
|Delayed Auto-Release||Alt-fire (2s Release Delay)|
- Active is found in deployable grenade launchers (e.g. ) and landmines (e.g. ) causes the fired shot to linger for a few seconds. The active shot can be manually detonated using the Alternate Fire button (default ).
Burst count and subtype
The following is a listing of the number of shots contained in each Burst weapon's burst, along with the Burst trigger subtype (regular/simultaneous/auto):