Trigger Type refers to the firing mechanism within primary and secondary weapons. The fire button (default) has varying effects depending on the equipped weapon.
List of Trigger Types[edit | edit source]
- Auto, also known as Automatic or Full-Auto, shoots a continuous stream of bullets while the fire button is held down.
- Auto-Spool is a type of automatic fire that gradually builds up fire rate the longer the fire button is held down.
- Semi, also known as Semi-Automatic or Semi-Auto, fires a single bullet per press of the fire button.
- Burst is a type of semi-automatic fire that shoots two or more bullets, often in a burst-like fashion, per press of the fire button.
- Auto-Burst is a combination of automatic and burst firing types that shoots two or more rounds while the fire button is held down. Currently exclusive to the Battacor.
- Duplex shoots one round when pressing the fire button, and shoots another round when releasing the fire button. Exclusive to the Tigris, Sancti Tigris, Tigris Prime, and Zylok.
- Held is a type of automatic fire that shoots a continuous beam, exclusive to Continuous Weapons. Unlike automatics that fire bullets, these beam weapons often consume ammo at a halved rate and multishot generates extra instances of damage without affecting status chance, but possesses limited range.
- Charge builds up power in a weapon while the fire button is held down, and shoots when the fire button is released. A circular bar appears on the reticule to indicate charging. Some chargeable weapons require a full charge to fire, while others fire automatically at a full charge.
- Active is found in deployable grenade launchers and landmines causes the fired shot to linger for a few seconds. The active shot can be manually detonated using the Alternate Fire button (default ).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.