While active, attacks deal additional Toxin damage; this effect is doubled for melee strikes. Instantly burst spores when attacking afflicted enemies.
|Strength:20% / 24% / 26% / 30% (added gun damage)|
40% / 48% / 52% / 60% (added melee damage)
|Duration:20 / 25 / 35 / 45 s|
|Misc:100% ( Toxin status chance)|
100% (Spores burst chance)
- Saryn imbues all her weapons with potent toxins for 20 / 25 / 35 / 45 seconds, dealing an extra hit for 20% / 24% / 26% / 30% of the weapon's total damage as Toxin damage (doubled for melee weapons), which has a guaranteed Toxin proc on every strike.
- Damage bonus is affected by Ability Strength.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Toxic Lash adds an extra Toxin attack that scales with weapon damage on hit, before health and armor resistances. This extra hit has a guaranteed chance to proc Toxin.
- For example, an unmodded weapon that hits for 200 damage with a Rank 3 Toxic Lash and a Rank 5 Intensify, Toxic Lash will deal: 200 × 0.3 × 1.3 = 78 Toxin damage which ticks for 78 × 0.5 = 39 Toxin damage per second.
- Toxin mods on your weapon will apply their toxin mod multiplier to Toxic Lash's Toxin ticks, regardless if they are combined into other elements.
- Extra Toxin damage does not combine with weapon elements.
- Faction Damage Mods, after first applying to your weapon, will multiply Toxic Lash's hit a second time, and multiply it's Toxin ticks a third time. Effectively triple-dipping.
- Status Duration Mods and Saryn's own passive affect the duration of the Toxin proc.
- Most weapon hits will trigger a Toxic Lash attack, including Acid Shells and Concealed Explosives, but not Nightwatch Napalm, Bursting Mass or Pathocyst's maggots.
- Damage is affected by Ancient Disruptor auras and other enemies that reduce ability damage, unlike other weapon buffing skills.
- Cast animation of ~1 second is affected by Natural Talent or Speed Drift.
- Saryn is immune to crowd control during the cast animation.
- Casting Toxic Lash is a one-handed action that can be done while performing many actions without interrupting them, including reloading, charging, shooting, maneuvering, and while on a zipline.
- Can be recast to refresh its duration.
- Ability Synergy: Toxic Lash can make Spores burst with every attack, even without direct hits.
- Main article: Contagion Cloud
Contagion Cloud is a Warframe Augment Mod for Saryn that causes kills made with Toxic Lash, and damage over time effects generated by it, to leave behind a poisonous cloud that deals Toxin damage over time to enemies within it. Melee kills double the damage dealt by the cloud.
|Rank||Cloud Range||Toxin Damage per Second||Cloud Duration||Cost|
- This is a good candidate for Narrow Minded since there is no Ability Range,
- The percentage of Toxin damage granted is multiplied by Ability Strength.
- The exact amount of Toxin damage is equal to the percentage multiplied by the weapon's total damage.
- Toxic Lash is an invaluable ability for players who were not able to collect a Melee Toxin mod or not capable of equipping such on Melee weapons, in which the ability becomes a suitable replacement for those in need of direct health damage.
- Using a hammer with the Shattering Storm stance equipped will make it easy to pop Spores while Toxic Lash is active, due to the ground slam attacks of the stance's combos.
- While Toxic Lash doesn't increase the damage over time effect of gas status effects, it does affect its initial damage, dealing separate toxin damage to all enemies affected by gas status effects, and applying separate instances of toxin damage over time to them.
- Toxic Lash's bonus damage also applies to secondary damage from augment mods, like AoE from Acid Shells and Vulcan Blitz.