Create deadly tornadoes that seek out and engulf enemies. Tornadoes deal the elemental damage type they absorb the most. Shoot engulfed enemies to inflict extra damage. Tap for stationary tornadoes or hold for wandering ones.
|Strength:50 / 75 / 100 / 160 (damage per tick)|
|Duration:10 / 12 / 15 / 20 s|
|Range:15 / 17 / 20 / 25 m (spawn radius)|
|Misc:2 / 2 / 3 / 3 (number of tornadoes)|
∞ (cast range)
100 % (absorbed damage distribution)
200 % (critical damage multiplier)
9 m (tornado height)
2 / 5 m/s (move speeds)
10 m (pull radius)
4/s (damage ticks per second)
- Zephyr forms a maximum of 2 / 2 / 3 / 3 tornadoes at the location on the aiming reticle over unrestricted range by expending 100 energy; tornadoes will prioritize forming on top of enemies within a spawning area of 15 / 17 / 20 / 25 meters around the location and around Zephyr herself. Tapping the ability key creates tornadoes that wander the battlefield, being drawn to enemy presence. Holding down the ability key (default ) creates stationary tornadoes centered at the location on the aiming reticle. All tornadoes expire after 10 / 12 / 15 / 20 seconds.
- Zephyr and her allies can attack each tornado to distribute 100% total damage (including Critical Hits) and Status Effects from weapons and abilities to all enemies trapped within a tornado. Critical damage dealt to enemies trapped within a tornado is multiplied by 200%.
- Absorbed damage distribution and critical multiplier are not affected by mods. The critical multiplier is applied after any installed weapon mods.
- Tornado's visual effects are modified by each elemental damage type.
- Can be recast while active to replace old tornadoes.
- Tornadoes exhibit numerous unique properties and mechanics as summoned allied AI units.
- Each tornado is invulnerable to damage, intangible, weightless, 9 meters tall and moves at a speed of 2 meters per second. Enemies within a radius of 10 meters from a tornado are pulled along its path, becoming disabled from moving or attacking, while hovering in a ragdoll state and orbiting the whirlwind. Each tornado inflicts 50 / 75 / 100 / 160 damage per tick to all enemies within its grasp; damage ticks occur at a rate of 4 per second.
- Damage per tick is affected by Ability Strength.
- Tornado height, move speeds, and pull radius are not affected by mods.
- Tornadoes phase through all entities, walls and objects in the environment.
- Tornadoes float and do not require a surface to travel between locations; however, if hovering in midair, tornadoes will descend toward the ground to follow AI pathing to reach enemies.
- If using wandering Tornadoes, Zephyr can direct the nearest tornado from her aiming reticle toward a location by holding down the zoom key (default
), causing the affected tornado to move at a speed of 5 meters per second toward its new destination while the key is held.
- The tornado nearest to the location on Zephyr's aiming reticle will be controlled, meaning that moving the reticle while controlling one tornado will switch control to another if that tornado is the nearest.
- Stationary tornadoes will not be moved by Zephyr's aim.
- Affected enemies spiral up to the top of a tornado while spinning in a skydiving posture, trapped by the funnel until it expires, the enemies die, or external forces cause them to eject away from the tornado's pull.
- Corpses of slain enemies are released from tornadoes' grasp.
- If enemies are in range of multiple tornadoes' pull radii, they will cluster up in the aerial space between the tornadoes.
- Each tornado's damage type can be modified by many damage sources, including ranged weapons, melee weapons, and abilities, even damage from Bullet Jump from Tenno, as well as damage from enemy units. (e.g., striking a tornado with an unmodified will change it to , or a Volatile Runner that explodes near a tornado will change it to .)
- Each tornado keeps track of the total damage it absorbed; a tornado will only account for the highest elemental damage number on a weapon or ability when determining which elemental type it will adapt to, as well as the total amount of damage it absorbed.
- As such, shooting a tornado multiple times using a different weapon with a different highest elemental damage number, causes the tornado to change its damage type when the stored total damage from one source is exceeded by another.
- For example, hitting a tornado with a primary weapon that deals 500 and 450 damage stores 500 total damage and changes the tornado's damage type to . Hitting the same tornado with a secondary weapon that deals 250 damage three times stores 750 total damage, exceeding the previous amount and changes the tornado's damage type to .
- Main article: Funnel Clouds
Funnel Clouds is a Warframe Augment Mod for that increases the number of active es while decreasing their size and removes their ability to pick up enemies.
- Due to high proc rate, Tornado can be used to apply status effects to masses of enemies.
- Each of 4 spawned tornadoes can have different elements.
- Tornadoes will fling enemies trapped within them in random directions after a period of suspending them midair if there is nothing impeding upward thrust (i.e., ceiling). Otherwise, they will stay in the tornado for the full duration.
- On some occasions, a bug may prevent you from casting Tornado if there are no enemies in range.
- If another Zephyr is in the squad and casts Tornado, then their duration will appear for you as well, although it does not prevent you from casting it yourself.
- Multiple bugs prevent Tornado from working correctly when not hosting.
- Both Condition Overload and the Cedo's passive will not increase the damage dealt to enemies by Tornado.
- Forced Status Effects applied from Stance mods, Toxic Lash and other effects will not be applied to enemies by Tornado.
- When directly hit Tornado will prevent the radial damage dealt by the Zakti/Zakti Prime, Mutalist Cernos, Proboscis Cernos and Zhuge Prime.
- A Tornado will become unable to distribute weapon damage after receiving 500,000 damage, and will be completely destroyed after receiving this much damage with the Funnel Clouds augment.