- Very high total damage.
- Good critical chance.
- High status chance.
- Fires grenades that disperse clouds on impact, dealing damage over time for 10 seconds over a 3 meter radius.
- Grenades stick to allies, enemies and surfaces.
- Poison clouds do not inflict self-stagger.
- Initial hit and poison clouds apply status separately.
- Explosion does not need direct line of sight to deal damage and will penetrate walls.
- Fairly fast reload speed.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Very low recoil.
- Can benefit from ( and ).
- Innate damage – less effective against Machinery, Robotics and Fossilized.
- Low magazine size.
- Low fire rate.
- Projectiles have travel time with heavy arcing.
- Damage dealt by clouds diminishes with distance.
- Draws ammo from the rare sniper ammo pool.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Bio Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Prereq: Mutagen Mass|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- Unlike many explosive weapons, shots and explosions made by the Torid are safe for the user to pass through.
- Torid launches toxic grenades with a slight arc and slow projectile speed. These grenades stick to anything they hit and explode into gas clouds on impact covering ~3 meter large circles.
- Clouds have innate Punch Through, allowing them to damage enemies through Snow Globes and Nullifier Bubbles, as well as objects.
- Mirage's ability greatly increases the Torid's AoE Damage due to the additional grenades.
- Clouds do not instantly do damage, so fast enemies may run through the cloud without taking any damage.
- The DoT damage can "headshot" enemies, multiplying the damage further when shot at these weakspots.
- Cloud damage can destroy breakable containers.
- Attached projectiles have a tendency to sway on the limbs of their victims, which can hit other enemies unexpectedly.
- Projectiles can stick to s, including those cast by Arctic Eximus enemies, with the toxin cloud bypassing the Snow Globe's protection and damaging or killing the occupant inside.
- The Torid can equip rifle mods, but uses sniper ammo.
- Innate damage may be combined with damage to deal damage for use against Grineer or Ancients, or combined with damage to instead deal damage, for use against light Infested units.
- Trapping enemies with Vauban's and firing into them is an efficient way of killing large groups of enemies quickly, dealing large amounts of damage if the player stacks multiple gas clouds.
- Stacking multiple grenades on an ally allows them to run into groups of enemies to deal large amounts of damage.
- Hitting an enemy directly will deal the impact damage but also guarantee that the enemy will take maximum possible damage, as they cannot move out of the cloud that is attached to them.
- Torid projectiles can also attach to corpses and will remain at their position even if they disintegrate, granting a fixed position mid-air and allowing a greater spread of toxin damage onto enemies.
- Can equip the mod, which increases the size of its gas clouds and allows it to cover a much larger area and consequently hit more enemies.
- The Torid is an excellent weapon for dealing with some of the more threatening enemies such as Nullifier Crewmen and Manics.
- Shooting a Torid projectile to land just outside a Nullifier's energy field will damage the Nullifier within, usually killing it due to their low Health.
- The toxin gas clouds caused by this weapon resulted in a severe drop in frame rate for all players. Update 8.3 (2013-07-04) toned down the effects, making them less taxing on computers.
- Its projectiles share the model from the toxic cloud projectiles fired from J3-Golem and Lephantis. The cloud itself also shares its model with Toxic Crawlers upon death.
- Prior to Update 12.6 (2014-03-26), the Torid shared the same visual model as the old model, but with a green body.
- Unlike other Infested-themed weaponry in the Bio Lab that are either purely biological (like the ) or mechanical (the ), the Torid has visible Grineer-styled machined parts alongside its Infested fleshy parts, making it the first Bio-Lab hybrid weapon.
- The visually-reworked in Update 16.0 (2015-03-19) has many identical parts to the Torid, suggesting that the latter weapon is an Infested version of the former.
- The projectiles fired by the Torid are pulsing masses of Infested tissue with tubes that pump out the noxious gas.
- The small canister at the bottom of the Torid has Grineer letters spelling out "KILL".
- The weapon's name is derived from "Torrid", which in English can either mean "very hot and dry" or "full of difficulty".
- Torid projectiles will not explode when shot into water.
- Its projectiles will not explode upon hitting a resource formation.
- Due to the length of the barrel, the Torid can shoot through locked doors.
- Can be sucked into Grendel using his Feast, but they will damage him instead of enemies.
|Research • Clan • Dojo|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|