The Tonkor is a Grineer grenade launcher which fires concussion explosives that explode on impact after travelling a distance of 7 meters, while also boasting high critical chance and critical multiplier.
- Innate damage – effective against Machinery and Fossilized.
- High critical chance and critical multiplier.
- Grenades explode in a 7 meter radius after impacting a surface or enemy.
- Direct hits cause knockdown, whether or not the grenade explodes.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Fairly fast reload speed.
- Can use the Tonkor-exclusive mod, and the launcher-exclusive mod.
- Can benefit from ( ), , and .
- Can use . This is the only Sniper-specific mod it is allowed.
- Innate damage – less effective against Ferrite Armor.
- Low status chance.
- Grenades have travel time, heavy arcing, and needs to travel 8m before being explosive.
- A grenade hitting an enemy without exploding causes much less damage compared to the explosion.
- Explosion inflicts self-stagger.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 30% from central impact.
- Extremely low magazine capacity of just 1 round, requires frequent reloading.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Tonkor (Grenade Explosion), compared to Kuva Tonkor (Grenade Explosion):
- Lower base damage per projectile (650 vs. 1078)
- Lower total damage (650 vs. 1078.4)
- Lower base critical chance (25.00% vs. 30.00%)
- Lower base status chance (10.00% vs. 17.00%)
- Lower average damage per tap (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (893.75 vs. 1563.68)
- Lower burst DPS (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (525.73 vs. 1042.45)
- Lower sustained DPS (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (262.86 vs. 521.22)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (30 vs. 60)
- Slower reload time (1.7 vs. 1.5)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (5 vs. 13)
- Higher disposition (●●●●○ (1.30x) vs. ●●●○○ (0.95x))
The Tonkor's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 200||Blueprints Price:30,000|
- Has a 5 second fuse when traveling in the air, after which it will fizzle out and no longer explode. This is only prevalent if shooting straight up however, due to the arc the grenades have.
- Pressing the reload key manually after firing will remove the delay between firing and reloading, slightly speeding up the process.
- If is used, the grenade will fizzle out if it lands within 6m of the player. If landing past 6m it will explode after an extremely short delay.
- The Tonkor's explosion effects are a mix of the Tonkor's energy color, and your Warframe's energy color.
- Projectile Speed modifiers like 's or will help increase its launch speed significantly.
- Punch Through can cause the Tonkor's projectiles to pierce enemies (while knocking them down) and thin walls at close range, potentially exploding behind them.
- However, it will also prevent the grenade from exploding on the initial impact at longer ranges.
- The Grineer text on the side of its barrel translates to "ANM".
- Previous design concepts show ("ALL"). 
- The Tonkor's break-action, single shot design is derived from the M79 grenade launcher.
- Prior to Update 24.2, the Tonkor had a magazine size of 2, despite the reload animation showing only one grenade being loaded. After it was reduced to 1 grenade per magazine, the reload animation became accurate.
- Also prior to this update, the Tonkor used to have a visual trajectory arc that would be displayed before firing the grenade.
- Adding punch through and firing at a close range surface will cause two grenades (regardless of multishot) to appear and fizzle out, despite the actual projectile(s) continuing through the surface.
- Previously, the Tonkor was able to launch teammates into the air, and could even move them around while they were channeling stasis-related abilities ( 's , 's , etc.). This was removed to discourage griefing and exploits.
- , the Kuva Lich counterpart of this weapon.
- , a Corpus grenade launcher.
- , an Infested grenade launcher.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|