The Tonkor is a Grineer grenade launcher which fires concussion explosives that explode on impact after travelling a distance of 7 meters, while also boasting high critical chance and critical multiplier.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Blast damage.
- Innate Blast damage – effective against Machinery and Fossilized.
- Physical contact with grenades deal Puncture damage.
- High critical chance and critical multiplier.
- Grenades explode in a 7 meter radius after impacting a surface or enemy.
- Grenades have a minimum arming distance of 8 meters, mitigating self-stagger.
- Direct hits cause knockdown, whether or not the grenade explodes.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Fairly fast reload speed.
- Can use the Tonkor-exclusive Precision Strike mod, and the launcher-exclusive Adhesive Blast mod.
- Can benefit from Firestorm ( Primed), Cautious Shot, and Amalgam Furax Body Count.
- Can use Sniper Ammo Mutation. This is the only Sniper-specific mod it is allowed.
- Innate Blast damage – less effective against Ferrite Armor.
- Low status chance.
- Grenades have travel time, heavy arcing, and needs to travel 8m before being explosive.
- A grenade hitting an enemy without exploding causes much less damage compared to the explosion.
- Explosion inflicts self-stagger.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 30% from central impact.
- Extremely low magazine capacity of just 1 round, requires frequent reloading.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Tonkor, compared to Kuva Tonkor:
- Higher base damage (75.0 vs. 59.0)
- Higher Puncture damage (75.0 vs. 59.0)
- Lower area attack damage (650.0 vs. 674.0)
- Lower critical chance (25% vs. 30%)
- Lower status chance (10% vs. 17%)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (30 rounds vs. 60 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (1.7 s vs. 1.5 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (5 vs. 13)
- Higher disposition (1.3 vs. 0.95)
- Higher base damage (75.0 vs. 59.0)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Tonkor's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 200||Blueprints Price:30,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Has a 5 second fuse when traveling in the air, after which it will fizzle out and no longer explode. This is only prevalent if shooting straight up however, due to the arc the grenades have.
- Pressing the reload key manually after firing will remove the delay between firing and reloading, slightly speeding up the process.
- If Adhesive Blast is used, the grenade will fizzle out if it lands within 6m of the player. If landing past 6m it will explode after an extremely short delay.
- The Tonkor's grenade flight trails are affected by the weapon's energy color, but the explosions themselves are a mix of the Tonkors energy color, and your Warframe's energy color.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Projectile Speed modifiers like Zephyr's Jet Stream or Terminal Velocity will help increase its launch speed significantly.
- Punch through can cause the Tonkor's projectiles to pierce enemies (while knocking them down) and thin walls at close range, potentially exploding behind them.
- However, it will also prevent the grenade from exploding on the initial impact at longer ranges.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Grineer text on the side of its barrel translates to "ANM".
- Previous design concepts show ("ALL"). 
- The Tonkor's breech-loading design is derived from the M79 grenade launcher, albeit with the ability to hold two rounds instead of one prior to an update.
- Oddly, the Tonkor's reload animation appears to consist of loading one grenade instead of two.
- It seems that these "grenades" are actually power cells with a built-in launching mechanism.
- Adding punch through and firing at a close range surface will cause two grenades (regardless of multishot) to appear and fizzle out, despite the actual projectile(s) continuing through the surface.
- Previously, the Tonkor was able to launch teammates into the air, and could even move them around while they were channeling stasis-related abilities ( Mesa's Peacemaker, Nyx's Absorb, etc.). This was removed to discourage griefing and exploits.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Kuva Tonkor, the Kuva Lich counterpart of this weapon.
- Penta, a Corpus grenade launcher.
- Torid, an Infested grenade launcher.