The Tonkor is a Grineer grenade launcher which fires concussion explosives that explode on impact after travelling a distance of 6 meters, while also boasting high critical chance and critical multiplier.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 200||Blueprints Price:30,000|
This weapon deals primarily Blast damage.
- Innate Blast damage – effective against Machinery and Fossilized.
- Physical contact with grenades deal Puncture damage.
- High critical chance and damage.
- Grenades explode in a 6 meter radius after impacting a surface or enemy.
- Grenades have a minimum arming distance of 6 meters, mitigating self-damage.
- Direct hits cause knockdown, whether or not the grenade explodes.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Fairly fast reload speed.
- Can use the launcher-exclusive mods Adhesive Blast and Firestorm.
- Innate Blast damage – less effective against Ferrite Armor.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from ?m to ?m target distance (distances are affected by projectile flight speed).
- Low status chance.
- Grenades have travel time, heavy arcing, and needs to travel 6m before being explosive.
- A grenade hitting an enemy without exploding causes little damage with little-to-no critical chance.
- Explosions can cause self-damage.
- Minimum travel length of 6 meters before being explosive should prevent accidental self-damage unless using Firestorm or rapidly moving towards the grenade's impact area before it explodes.
- Extremely low magazine capacity of just 1 round, requires frequent reloading.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Tonkor, compared to Kuva Tonkor:
- Higher base damage (75.0 vs. 59.0)
- Higher Puncture damage (75.0 vs. 59.0)
- Lower area attack damage (650.0 vs. 674.0)
- Lower critical chance (25% vs. 30%)
- Lower status chance (10% vs. 17%)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (30 rounds vs. 60 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (1.7 s vs. 1.5 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (5 vs. 13)
- Higher base damage (75.0 vs. 59.0)
- See Category:Tonkor Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Tonkor Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Has a 5 second fuse when traveling in the air, after which it will fizzle out and no longer explode. This is only prevalent if shooting straight up however, due to the arc the grenades have.
- Pressing the reload key manually after firing will remove the delay between firing and reloading, slightly speeding up the process.
- The Tonkor's grenades' self-damage will most likely kill the player in even a single explosion, including Inaros, however getting it to explode within range is rare.
- If Adhesive Blast is used, the grenade will deal no damage and fizzle out if it lands within 6m of the player. If landing past 6m it will explode after an extremely short delay.
- The Tonkor's grenade flight trails are affected by the weapon's energy color, but the explosions themselves are a mix of the Tonkors energy color, and your Warframe's energy color.
- The direct impact of the grenades have no chance to score critical hits.
- Projectile flight speed modifiers like Zephyr's Jet Stream or Terminal Velocity will help increase its launch speed significantly.
- Punch through can cause the Tonkor's projectiles to pierce enemies (while knocking them down) and thin walls at close range, potentially exploding behind them.
- However, it will also prevent the grenade from exploding on the initial impact at longer ranges.
- The Grineer text on the side of its barrel translates to "ANM".
- Previous design concepts show ("ALL"). 
- The Tonkor's breech-loading design is derived from the M79 grenade launcher, albeit with the ability to hold two rounds instead of one prior to an update.
- Oddly, the Tonkor's reload animation appears to consist of loading one grenade instead of two.
- It seems that these "grenades" are actually power cells with a built-in launching mechanism.
- Adding punch through and firing at a close range surface will cause two grenades (regardless of multishot) to appear and fizzle out, despite the actual projectile(s) continuing through the surface.
- Previously, the Tonkor was able to launch teammates into the air, and could even move them around while they were channeling stasis-related abilities ( Mesa's Peacemaker, Nyx's Absorb, etc.). This was removed to discourage griefing and exploits.
- Kuva Tonkor, the Kuva Lich counterpart of this weapon.
- Penta, a Corpus grenade launcher.
- Torid, an Infested grenade launcher.