The Tipedo is a bladed staff weapon with immense attack speed.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- High critical chance and status chance.
- Fastest attack speed of all staves.
- Stance has polarity, matches Flailing Branch stance.
- Innate polarity.
- Second lowest base damage of all staves, after MK1-Bo.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and armor.
- Tipedo, compared to Tipedo Prime:
- Lower base damage (124.0 vs. 170.0)
- Lower critical chance (20% vs. 24%)
- Lower critical multiplier (2.0x vs. 2.4x)
- Lower status chance (20% vs. 24%)
- Higher attack speed (1.33 vs. 1.17)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (3 vs. 10)
- Higher disposition (1.31 vs. 1.25)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Tipedo's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price:20,000|
Tips[edit | edit source]
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Tipedo Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Tipedo Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Tipedo is the first Staff-type weapon to deal Slash as its primary damage type instead of Impact.
- This is the second weapon that requires two different pre-made weapons in order to craft, the first being the Redeemer.
- The weapon's design is based on the Monk's Spade (otherwise known as the Crescent Moon Spade due to the inverted, crescent-shaped blade on the opposite end), which was used by traveling Buddhist Monks as a defensive weapon as well as a tool to give proper burial to people who died on the roads during their journeys and denied their last rites by their untimely demise.
- Contrary to the real world model, the Tenno version does not feature the inverted crescent-shaped blade, which was used to catch ambushers' swords or keep wild animals at bay. The Tipedo does feature a slotted double crescent blade instead which appears to serve a similar purpose.
- The Tipedo appears to be used much like a Glaive (not to be confused with the in-game weapon of the same name), though with the distinction that Glaives are historically single-edged pole weapons while the Tipedo is double-edged due to the overall design being based on the Monk's Spade.
- The Tipedo was first shown in a concept along with other polearms during Devstream 15.
- Tipedo is the second staff to have Primed variant, first being Bo.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Although the Foundry will claim that you can craft the weapon if you have a Bo Prime in your inventory, this is most likely a UI bug as it won't allow you to consume the Bo Prime to build the weapon.
- Despite its name, Zaws cannot be named "Tipedo", due to profanity.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Bo, the prerequisite to the Tipedo.
- Kunai, the prerequisite to the Tipedo.
- Amphis, the Grineer electric staff.
- Lesion, the Infested version.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.