Crash through enemies in a ferocious wall of water.
|Strength:100 / 200 / 250 / 300|
|Duration:20 / 25 / 27.5 / 30 m/s (speed)|
|Range:3 / 4 / 5 / 6 m (striking radius)|
|Misc:1 s (wave duration)|
- Hydroid transforms into liquid and surges forward as a wave of water. While traveling in waveform, Hydroid becomes completely invulnerable to damage, as his speed increases to 20 / 25 / 27.5 / 30 meters per second over a duration of 1 second. Enemies within 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 meters of the wave are ragdolled and pulled along by the riptide, while dealt 100 / 200 / 250 / 300 Impact damage as the wave travels and 100 / 200 / 250 / 300 Slash damage as the wave breaks at the end of the duration.
- While traveling in waveform, activating Undertow halts Hydroid at his current position and transitions directly into liquid form on impact with the ground.
- Enemies pulled by Tidal Surge will sink into Undertow as it forms.
- Likewise, deactivating Undertow while traveling in waveform halts Hydroid at his current position, causing him to emerge from the pool.
- Can be cast while in Undertow liquid form to travel half the normal distance.
- Enemies previously drowning within Undertow will be pulled along by Tidal Surge.
- Hydroid remains in liquid form during and after Tidal Surge as long as Undertow remains active.
- Main article: Tidal Impunity
Tidal Impunity is a Hydroid Warframe Augment Mod for Tidal Surge that allows Hydroid and all allies contacted by the ability to temporarily gain immunity to Status Effects, as well as removing already active ones.
- Can be used to pass Corpus laser doors unharmed, and, in case of spy vaults, undetected.
- It can be used to reach or pass certain areas of the map.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases speed to 91.8 meters per second.
- Reduces range to 2.04 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 12.5 energy.
- Reduces speed to 12 meters per second.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 16.8 meters.
- Reduces both damage components to 120.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases both damage components to 1236.
- Sometimes when Hydroid emerges from the wave, his "fin" will be gone.
- On PS4, if Hydroid is in the middle of a Tidal Surge when all players reach the extraction point, he will be permanently stuck in his dashing pose and simply clip into the drop ship during the "Mission Complete" mini-scene that plays during the loot screen.