Crash through enemies in a ferocious wall of water.
|Strength:100 / 200 / 250 / 300 ( and damage)|
|Duration:20 / 25 / 27.5 / 30 m/s (speed)|
|Range:3 / 4 / 5 / 6 m (striking radius)|
|Misc:1 s (wave duration)|
50% (Undertow travel distance)
- Hydroid transforms into liquid and surges forward as a wave of water. While traveling in waveform, Hydroid becomes completely invulnerable to damage, as his speed increases to 20 / 25 / 27.5 / 30 meters per second over a duration of 1 second. Enemies within 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 meters of the wave are ragdolled and pulled along by the riptide, while dealt 100 / 200 / 250 / 300 damage as the wave travels and 100 / 200 / 250 / 300 damage as the wave breaks at the end of the duration.
- Ability Synergy: While traveling in waveform, activating halts Hydroid at his current position and transitions directly into liquid form on impact with the ground.
- Enemies pulled by Tidal Surge will sink into Undertow as it forms.
- Likewise, deactivating Undertow while traveling in waveform halts Hydroid at his current position, causing him to emerge from the pool.
- Can be cast while in Undertow liquid form to travel half the normal distance.
- Enemies previously drowning within Undertow will be pulled along by Tidal Surge.
- Hydroid remains in liquid form during and after Tidal Surge as long as Undertow remains active.
- Can be recast while active to renew the surge for continuous travel.
- Main article: Tidal Impunity
- It can be used to reach or pass certain areas of the map.
- Sometimes when Hydroid emerges from the wave, his "fin" will be gone.
- On PS4, if Hydroid is in the middle of a Tidal Surge when all players reach the extraction point, he will be permanently stuck in his dashing pose and simply clip into the drop ship during the "Mission Complete" mini-scene that plays during the loot screen.