The Tiberon is a Tenno-made three round burst-fire rifle. Compared to most burst-fire rifles, the Tiberon is much more accurate and primarily deals Puncture damage, albeit at the cost of reduced status chance.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against armor.
- High critical chance and damage.
- Good status chance.
- Very high accuracy.
- Very low recoil.
- Third highest fire rate of all burst-fire rifles, behind Paracyst and Burston Prime.
- Comes with a polarity.
- Can equip the Tiberon-exclusive Measured Burst mod. (Conclave only)
- Low Impact and Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with four bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Relatively low magazine capacity.
- Tiberon, compared to Tiberon Prime:
- Lower base damage (44.0 vs. 46.0)
- Lower critical chance (26% vs. 28%)
- Lower critical multiplier (2.4x vs. 3x)
- Lower status chance (16% vs. 20%)
- Higher fire rate (9.09 rounds/sec vs. 7.38 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (30 rounds vs. 42 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (2.26 s vs. 2 s)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (10 vs. 14)
- Higher disposition (1 vs. 0.85)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Tiberon's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:20,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like the Sybaris, the Tiberon's burst has a very tight shot grouping, which combined with its high base accuracy and negligible recoil makes it better at long-range shooting than other burst-fire weapons, such as the Burston or Hind.
- The Tiberon is a very strong candidate for a tenno Specter to use thanks to its high damage per second combined with high accuracy.
- Has a higher damage per bullet than other low-tier burst fire weapons, like Burston or Hind.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The weapon's name may be derived from tiburón, the Spanish word for shark. Its design also appears to take cues from the animal, particularly the "blades" beneath the muzzle which resemble a shark's pectoral fins.
- The Tiberon is the first weapon outside of Clan Research that requires a Forma to construct.
- At the time of its release, the Latron Prime or the Latron Wraith could also be used to build the Tiberon. This was fixed in Hotfix 14.9.1.
- Intriguingly, crafting the Tiberon requires the Latron, a semi-automatic rifle, instead of another burst-fire rifle, such as the Burston. The discrepancy can also be explained by the fact that Tiberon sports 3 separate barrels, with presumably one shot being fired from each, thus each barrel technically is its own semi-automatic weapon.
- The Tiberon is reloaded by removing the magazine which is located at the butt end of the stock.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Tiberon Prime, the prime variant.
- Latron, a semi-automatic rifle required to build the Tiberon.
- Measured Burst, a Tiberon-exclusive Conclave mod.