FANDOM


  • Aight, So. Vauban Prime. Easy-to-get parts + Prime access. WTF DE!?! WHAT ABOUT US WHO FARMED FOR YEARS WAITING TO GET NORMAL VAUBAN??? You guys don't care about your Veterans anymore, like how you banned that guy who had over 2k in-game hours just because he set the new record for T4 Intercept. DE is falling apart, we used to like you guys. you are killing your fan's interest slowly.

      Loading editor
    • it's not unfair nuff said

        Loading editor
    • Why is everyone whining about Vauban so hard to get?!? I think it was my second Frame I owned after Oberon.

        Loading editor
    • SMH... the normal Vauban is in the market for 300p (+slot and reactor)... No one forced you to "farm for years waiting to get normal Vauban" LMAO you just have to play Lor, Jv, Syndicates missions, Void, sell stuff, get plats, buy it from market. Easy.

        Loading editor
    • Anyone who actually monitors the alerts for Vauban can get him in a manner of months, weeks if you're lucky and on frequently. A new piece is on alert EVERY month.. Just a matter of monitoring the alerts. Always has been. BTW, the "Ban" you're talking about wasn't a direct ban from DE, It's an Anti-cheat script that went off. His account was reinstated two days later.

        Loading editor
    • Jumping to conclusions and typing while being emotional plus full of salt is not a good combo. Just saying.

      That being said, you are angry because someone get a prime item that's going to stick around for a while faster than you? Isn't that.....well, petty? And honestly, people are blowing up the normal Vauban parts gathering woes. Just played normally, and I can actually build 1 more Vauban at this point.   

        Loading editor
    • i have play since March and i have Vauban since april, and just have the chance to go by alert for 1 week to have the 3 part.

      And Vauban Prime have easy-to-get part, but hard-grind-to-build part so stop use salt and go back playing

        Loading editor
    • Man i need my popcorn this is too much whining for me

        Loading editor
    • Definately doesn't speak on behalf of "Veterans"

      Sorry your inept attempt to get Vauban has made you this way.

        Loading editor
    • God danm it another RevXDev fan boy.

        Loading editor
    • No! dumdum prime needs to be a timed alert that requires keys that need to be farmed with a crafting time for 36 hours. YESSSSS YOUR TEARS FEEED MEEEEE.

        Loading editor
    • It took me 3 days to get all the vauban parts....Mainly cause event that had special stances and vauban bp ( happened in september)

        Loading editor
    • Mine took two days thanks to luck and being on the whole day.... chassis and systems were on at the same day and the next day came the helm. That happened on October/November for me last year.

      Yeah, normal Vauban's a huge pain in the ass to farm but just like a lot of things in the game, it's practically luck that dictates whether you'll get it or not in so little time.

      Besides, considering rng, are we really gonna get those parts easily from the void?

        Loading editor
    • git gud

        Loading editor
    • vauban prime parts are only easy to get if rng lets you get them, which given that they're largely rotC stuff, is much easier said than done. besides that, vauban p is a resource vacuum

        Loading editor
    • Here comes the Fanboy Defense Force

        Loading editor
    • Great joke OP.

        Loading editor
    • I'm playing for 25 days in total. Got normal Vauban already, so where are those "years of farming" ??

      Anyways, it's not that easy to get. Spent 8 hours in T3Surv already and no luck for Systems yet..

        Loading editor
    • Easy to get parts my valkyr's behind! Not one peice yet. Quit whining and enjoy a prime versoin. 20 n extracts and 7k oxium is not that bad to get seeing as the parts are not dropping for me yet anyway.

        Loading editor
    • Years to farm he says... do you play like one day out of 365?

      There's a different part once or twice every month, if I actually cared to have Vauban, I could actually already have him and all his alt helmets.

        Loading editor
    • Baddiesalt thread is real. Get popcorn.

      I think i got vauban in two days when i was MR3, incidentally. I guess the OP is either a troll, or never noticed the 7k oxium and 20 nitain. That nitain just by itself is going to take longer than normal vauban..

      OP seems afraid to post without being anonymous.. Are they draco fodder?

        Loading editor
    • you were farming normal vauban for years? just how casual are you?

        Loading editor
    • 77.37.244.87 wrote:
      you were farming normal vauban for years? just how casual are you?

      ive been trying to get vauban since the day it came out....need chassis badly but it always comes out in the most inconvenient time -_-

        Loading editor
    • I love how everyone quickly jumps to whiteknight DE, known for their horrible game design choices and shady practices.

        Loading editor
    • 24.42.10.30 wrote:
      I love how everyone quickly jumps to whiteknight DE, known for their horrible game design choices and shady practices.

      DE is one of the most transparent and player responsive companies out there. Defending them isn't White-Knighting if it's accurate.

        Loading editor
    • 24.42.10.30 wrote:
      I love how everyone quickly jumps to whiteknight DE, known for their horrible game design choices and shady practices.

      I love how quick people are to come here not logged in just to bash a game company they apparently have problems with, yet are perfectly fine with paying enough attention to the game to join in on wiki discussions.

        Loading editor
    • just like to add got Vauban in my first 60 days of playing by doing his alerts and his prime takes 7,000 oxium so in all fairness new players that wanna get him its going to be harder to get prime then the normal one (excluding the Prime Access)

        Loading editor
    • did get vauban in the first month it came out and was harder to farm than it is now.. no complains.. it's the best frame C:

        Loading editor
    • Hey just put the app on your phone to get alerts in warframe. Took me a week.

        Loading editor
    • 9k cryotics(not too frustrating), 7k oxium, and 20 nitain extracts. Fair.

        Loading editor
    • I agree that DE is falling apart but due to negligent bug fixing, not vauban prime. 

        Loading editor
    • what is the point of a vauban anyway? Since every faction has ranged units now, there is no point in picking a vauban instead of a frost. It's just a frame for xp. nothing more.

        Loading editor
    • Lol Infested, man, infested for the most part, and when you make good use of his new mines/grenades, you can trap many doors, killing ennemys before the are in your sight, no Vauban is a good frame, you just have to think when using it (or not if you playvortex/ bastille vs infested XD)

        Loading editor
    • Of everyone that is in this thread how many of you have been around since closed beta or even b4 trading was even a thought where anything really special (excluding the void) came from alerts; those are the types of veterans he's referring to and i get his point only thing I have to say tho is that some were luckier in terms of gaining vauban parts i personally had to wait a year my bud got his in a week. :/ 

        Loading editor
    • So what, rather than have a much more convenient way to get a frame you'd rather people spend "years" obtaining one warframe? What a stupid, self centered view

        Loading editor
    • 37.58.186.129 wrote:
      Lol Infested, man, infested for the most part, and when you make good use of his new mines/grenades, you can trap many doors, killing ennemys before the are in your sight, no Vauban is a good frame, you just have to think when using it (or not if you playvortex/ bastille vs infested XD)


      I have the same shitty argument with people every day or so. Even with the repell Augment Bastille is buggy af, in 5/10 cases enemies will bug through, drop out early or the repell wont work as intended. At this point a Frost with overextend and the augment does the same job, while providing slow and projectile protection, which is more important against high level enemies. And thats the main point of this argument. Nobody gives 2 shits how rad your frame performs against enemies below lvl 60. Enjoy stunning your ~20 enemies while 40 other eximus bumrush the objective. On top of that, your 1 does 0 damage and has almost no utility, your 2 is a wasted ability slot, no need to discuss, your 3 is meh and every Mirrage with Simulor does the job better than your 4. Go Frost or go home.

        Loading editor
    • 141.30.208.201 wrote:

      <snip>

      So basically you have no idea what you are talking about and have never used frost, vauban or simulor.

      Simulor does not suck in enemies, at all. It just vacuums ragdolled entities, mostly drops.

      Repelling bastille has a chance to repel enemies (based on strength), not guaranteed - i have never seen it fail to do exactly what it is meant to with a correct build.

      Vauban is situational and mainly for chokepoints, survival, infested. Unsurpassed in ODS, infested excavations, some void team comps, ect. He has very different usage from frost.

        Loading editor
    • And as far as 2k in hours, I'm almost 4k in hrs i havent been banned once in 3 yrs!

        Loading editor
    • Yeah take frost, this warframe is useless because you cannot play high level, what shitty way to think seriously.

      Vauban can do high level stuff, if you want good control bastill is good, vortex is extremely good.

      And maybe somepeople like playing the normal starchart to and not just void/sortie ...

        Loading editor
    • 101.179.115.42 wrote:
      Aight, So. Vauban Prime. Easy-to-get parts + Prime access. WTF DE!?! WHAT ABOUT US WHO FARMED FOR YEARS WAITING TO GET NORMAL VAUBAN??? You guys don't care about your Veterans anymore, like how you banned that guy who had over 2k in-game hours just because he set the new record for T4 Intercept. DE is falling apart, we used to like you guys. you are killing your fan's interest slowly.

      Why are you whinning...? You can buy Vauban in market much cheaper than Prime Access anyway.

        Loading editor
    • Rhionhi wrote:
      141.30.208.201 wrote:

      <snip>
      So basically you have no idea what you are talking about and have never used frost, vauban or simulor.

      Simulor does not suck in enemies, at all. It just vacuums ragdolled entities, mostly drops.

      Repelling bastille has a chance to repel enemies (based on strength), not guaranteed - i have never seen it fail to do exactly what it is meant to with a correct build.

      Vauban is situational and mainly for chokepoints, survival, infested. Unsurpassed in ODS, infested excavations, some void team comps, ect. He has very different usage from frost.

      Bastillle chance to reppel is not afected dy power strength just by mod rank, if you play Booben you are very lucky if its allways consistent, some times it works like a charm others everything seems to get in unhidered, it seems to depend on the host, not on the build.

      Booben is not that situational, he doesnt kill every thing in a botton press but is CC is one of the best in the game, but he can be good or a god, depending on team comp.

        Loading editor
    • 188.81.73.246 wrote:
      Rhionhi wrote:
      141.30.208.201 wrote:

      <snip>
      So basically you have no idea what you are talking about and have never used frost, vauban or simulor.

      Simulor does not suck in enemies, at all. It just vacuums ragdolled entities, mostly drops.

      Repelling bastille has a chance to repel enemies (based on strength), not guaranteed - i have never seen it fail to do exactly what it is meant to with a correct build.

      Vauban is situational and mainly for chokepoints, survival, infested. Unsurpassed in ODS, infested excavations, some void team comps, ect. He has very different usage from frost.

      Bastillle chance to reppel is not afected dy power strength just by mod rank, if you play Booben you are very lucky if its allways consistent, some times it works like a charm others everything seems to get in unhidered, it seems to depend on the host, not on the build.

      Booben is not that situational, he doesnt kill every thing in a botton press but is CC is one of the best in the game, but he can be good or a god, depending on team comp.

      It is very definitely power strength. I tested it extensively when the augment was added, due to exactly this silly argument being brought up. The wiki used to say this, probably until some angry kid with no evidence changed it. There are no noticable "bugs" with the repel (at least that the time it was released), it only works if bastille has already reached maximum capacity, and if the target enters at the same level as the barrier. Targets that enter too low (easy to see if you bounce the deployable too high or onto an object) will not be repelled properly.

        Loading editor
    • You positive repelling bastille's repel chance is affected by power strength? Because if that is the case, it's been pure luck that every grineer enemy from months and months of play would get knocked back (unless they are already inside of the field) with 40% strength, aka it would only 60% chance to repel them. 

      If you mean for infested, disrupters and healers mess up bastille, them and linked allies can just drop out of the bastille randomly. 

        Loading editor
    • Darthmufin wrote:
      You positive repelling bastille's repel chance is affected by power strength? Because if that is the case, it's been pure luck that every grineer enemy from months and months of play would get knocked back (unless they are already inside of the field) with 40% strength, aka it would only 60% chance to repel them. 

      If you mean for infested, disrupters and healers mess up bastille, them and linked allies can just drop out of the bastille randomly. 

      I tested (in misson and in pug) with 100% STR and there were enemys inside some of the times, other times with negative STR none would get inside, this agaist the same factions. 

      So if STR affects it, the effect isnt consistent and there are bugs.

      What I noticed is that lag affects it alot.

        Loading editor
    • Bastille and his augment are always affected by power strenght but in infested mission with stack of disruptors the duration in some case is almost nullified.

      Oh and for the Lone Tenno who said to bring Frost instead of Vauban: in an infested defense and try to shoot the enemies inside the globe from the outside and kill them.

        Loading editor
    • Well i say this as a player who has played vauban most of the time, and i never saw a single grineer walk past the field, they will always get bounced away. The only time a grineer will get into the field is if the bounce ragdolls them against a wall and inside the field, which is possible. Bastille itself is affected by strength, but not the augment. If it was, i wouldn't be using vauban so effectively as 40% of the enemies would be simply walking into the field and not be repelled. 

        Loading editor
    • Infested missions: Vauban>Frost

        Loading editor
    • generally speaking sure, but a max range freeze force frost is pretty good too, especially with duration 

        Loading editor
    • Years of farming hahaha, that was funny, i saw like 3 alerts with Vauban parts just this week dude. Get an Alert Notificator, there's plenty on android and pc. Me and some friends did that and got Vauban in no time.

        Loading editor
    • Wtf why are people saying vauban its not good?maybe its no op but its funny as hell,and if u ask me i think the reason to be playing a game its getting fun,and vauban achieves that pretty easily

        Loading editor
    • Luca46890 wrote:
      SMH... the normal Vauban is in the market for 300p (+slot and reactor)... No one forced you to "farm for years waiting to get normal Vauban" LMAO you just have to play Lor, Jv, Syndicates missions, Void, sell stuff, get plats, buy it from market. Easy.

      You do realize that raids, syndicates, and trading in general were not around when vauban was released right? Those all were released long after.

        Loading editor
    • 108.35.169.216 wrote:

      You do realize that raids, syndicates, and trading in general were not around when vauban was released right? Those all were released long after.

      Trading has been around for a stupidly large amount of the time that Vauban has been around, as have the methods for tracking in-game alerts. Point is, it is a rediculous argument.

        Loading editor
    • And here I am sitting with three complete Vauban sets, along with one already built and re-built after selling Vauban. That's five in total. Should I really point out that this game in general, and Vauban in particular, haven't been out there for that long?

      Also, "De is falling apart" isn't a way to express your negative feeling towards their work so far, as it is, in fact, not a subjective point. And, let's face it, objectively, DE is far from falling apart.

        Loading editor
    • This guy is super salty about this. He made a review about it on steam as well:

      http://steamcommunity.com/id/thewoodentoaster/recommended/230410/

      Honestly though, this argument is so irrational it is funny. "You can buy Vauban Prime and negate farming!" Yeah, you could buy him from the market before. "But it was harder to farm before!" Have you ever tried farming the newest prime warframe? They deliberately make it as hard as humanly possible by putting it on the rarest keys and on the last rotations with the smallest drop chance. Not to mention how insanely resource intensive Vauban is to build: 15 nitain extract, really? That is 5 days minimum of doing all the nitain alerts, and most people aren't online that much.

      And, as others have said, that guy who got a ban was autobanned via script and had it lifted a couple days later. Boom, your argument is completely and utterly invalid.

        Loading editor
    • Aurentus wrote:
      24.42.10.30 wrote:
      I love how everyone quickly jumps to whiteknight DE, known for their horrible game design choices and shady practices.
      DE is one of the most transparent and player responsive companies out there. Defending them isn't White-Knighting if it's accurate.

      You're both incredibly naieve, and wrong. DE has been anything but transparent on several occasions, and it is white knighting. Every sane player knows that the costs, and what we're being told doesn't match up. There need to be resource sinks, but you choose one of the resources that DOESN'T need a sink to drop into?

      I'm not saying DE's the worst, in fact they're my favorite. I've played warframe for a long time, and I've seen a lot of their "transparency" be flat out lies. Void Glitch has been doing is datamines for a while. 

        Loading editor
    • For those of you saying the original vauban wasn't is full of crap. I noticed recently the yup the alerts for him. But when when I for him it took me 2 months. That was following the alerts around the clock. The problem is that there is usually 1 part that doesn't drop often as the other 2. For me it was systems. I played and played to get Vauban. It just happened when I was on 1 day the alert pop up. It took me 6 weeks to get. The problem was that something the part I needed would be an Alert at like 5 in the morning. So I missed it once. At that time the other 2 parts( helmet & chassis) would appear once a week.

        Loading editor
    • I do agree that DE made the wrong call by calling Vauban Prime a resource sink - it's not. It's a high crafting requirement that requires HUGE amounts of one unpopular resource (that a lot of veteran players have an absolute ton of), as well as HUGE amounts of a recently introduced resource (that no one has had much time or reason to really stockpile) and HUGE amounts of an extremely scarce resource that most of the playerbase lacks. If the tap is not running, you aren't creating a sink. You are opening a shop in the middle of a drought and charging for bottled water. I think someone made the analogy that this was closer to a resource well (once it's full, it's full and you move on).

      That being said, I don't have a problem with the crafting requirements and certainly don't think it's unfair to veterans. But I do think DE should have been more transparent and open about what they were trying to achieve with this frame. It's a really heavy grind to incentivise more players to spend plat. Those who don't want to spend plat will probably have to farm for a while to build him. And that's OK. That's their business model. It's not a resource sink. Once you build Sibear and Vauban, you will still either have thousands of cryotic left from core farms, or you will be back to having none. You will go back to having no Nitain and you will be back to having no Oxium, because so few of what I call "secondary" players (where playing comes "second" to work, school, training, sunbathing, whatever) have a decent enough pile of these resources handy.

      A resource sink is an item that can be crafted over and over again for an advantage, but is not mandatory in the game. A good exmaple is the research BPs (fieldron, MM, DI) which give you the option to sink plastids instead of farm invasions, or team restores (I forget, I think they take polymer bundles). 99.9% of players will craft Vauban, and Sibear, and Grattler, and all the other high-requirement blueprints just once and then move on.

        Loading editor
    • Just farm randon sets and sell for plat, should take only a few days to get enough to buy a booben set from chat

        Loading editor
    • I second what Sterma said

        Loading editor
    • any mission with disarm loki: vauban>frost

        Loading editor
    • 71.193.165.199 wrote:

      Aurentus wrote:
      24.42.10.30 wrote:
      I love how everyone quickly jumps to whiteknight DE, known for their horrible game design choices and shady practices.
      DE is one of the most transparent and player responsive companies out there. Defending them isn't White-Knighting if it's accurate.

      Please, please do pin me as a stupid, naïve DE white knighting boor, but I have to kindly disagree.

      You're both incredibly naieve, and wrong. DE has been anything but transparent on several occasions, and it is white knighting. Every sane player knows that the costs, and what we're being told doesn't match up. There need to be resource sinks, but you choose one of the resources that DOESN'T need a sink to drop into?

      I'm not saying DE's the worst, in fact they're my favorite. I've played warframe for a long time, and I've seen a lot of their "transparency" be flat out lies. Void Glitch has been doing is datamines for a while. 

        Loading editor
    • (Sorry, new to this quoting thing) ^

      Please, pin me as a stupid, naïve, white knighting, salty idiot, by all means, but I have to disagree.

        Loading editor
    • Ive been here since beta, you are basically saying I should be upset about every prime that came out because ive bought all the regular warframes before frost got released?


      Sorry buddy. I dont have that much salt in my diet.


      Perfectly fine, primes keep the game alive cause it keeps veterans and new players playing

        Loading editor
    • Just a thought, find a warframe you like and bust your ass to get it instead of bitching. If Vauban Prime is your bae of choice, than watch for Nitian and farm your ass off for the parts, not bitch on a forum about how others have it and you don't.

      Think I like the implementation of the Nitian, giving hardcore players the benefit of getting new frames? I have all the parts for Ivara and Vauban, but don't have the time to spend my life in the game for Extract. Am I gonna bitch on the forums to make the Nitian drop tables have more variety? Am I gonna bitch to make the frames cost Orokin Cells or some other farmable materials? No, cuz once I get the frames, I will feel better about what I had to go through to get them and forum complaining doesn't count as a confidence builder.

        Loading editor
    • Isis21 wrote:
      Just a thought, find a warframe you like and bust your ass to get it instead of bitching. If Vauban Prime is your bae of choice, than watch for Nitian and farm your ass off for the parts, not bitch on a forum about how others have it and you don't.

      Holy crap Yes !, I came back after 2 years and Vauban is My "bae" After Rhino <3. Came back a week ago kicked myself for not coming back a few months earlier. VaubanP Access? I would have bought it without a second thought but oh well *sadface*. Still a few mates had the BPs gave them to me (cause they know). Saw the Oxium rolled my eyes and started farming, actually had a laugh at the cheeky Vauban P still requiring Alert only "Nitian" like the Normal Vauban parts did. End of story He's just finishing building in the next 6 hours. Can not wait :D  

        Loading editor
    • Ironic how the next post in the list is about how Vaubaun Prime is "Unfair to Casual players".... Honestly, Cryotic is easy to farm, Oxium is SUPER easy to farm (defense on pluto... 600 in 5 waves) and Nitain just takes a little effort... anyone should be able to easily farm 20 by the time they farm the Warframe parts... unless ofc you buy them, then its your own issue for not having the materials, not DEs.

        Loading editor
    • I've played for about 3 years on and off, and one week ago I just got Vauban's Neuroptics. For all that devotion...


      Honestly I love the frame, totally worth it. Use it over Ember Prime.

        Loading editor
    • Honestly I think OP should relax a teeny bit. Also I've played warframe for about 2 years and vauban prime isn't unfair because think about characters like Ash prime was obtained through the void rather than tradional manics. It's not the fact that it's unfair you're just salty that you have terrible luck or just are oblivious to the alerts and wars that happen. Also think about it this way the quest warframes (Atlas, Inaros, Chroma, and Mirage) will eventually get prime varients and they will be obtained the same way all primes are by grinding for relics.

      • mic drop* Obama out 
        Loading editor
    • Honestly I have been farming for vauban prime for mabye a month and I just need one more part, so why is everyone complaining?

        Loading editor
    • 216.56.24.194 wrote:
      Honestly I have been farming for vauban prime for mabye a month and I just need one more part, so why is everyone complaining?

      Because they now have to put in effort and spend time earning something.

        Loading editor
    • ur so childish. maybe you dont deserve any rewards.

        Loading editor
    • Darthmufin wrote:
      I agree that DE is falling apart but due to negligent bug fixing, not vauban prime. 

      Amen. I'll add - lack of effort. I've heard Guides of the Lotus being strict, that's fine, but sometimes DE kicks because DE gives. They giveth, they taketh away. Specifically for petty or no reasons. Or thing requiring evidence and research DE doesn't have. Player responsive - yes. Crumbling down - yes.

        Loading editor
    • LMAO FOR YEARS?! I JUST STARTED TO PLAY THE GAME 2 WEEKS AGO AND I ALREADY BUILDING VAUBAN XD.

        Loading editor
    • W24.42.10.30 wrote:
      I love how everyone quickly jumps to whiteknight DE, known for their horrible game design choices and shady practices.

      What lol? Did they also take your lunch money and give you a boo-boo?

        Loading editor
    • FoxPrime wrote:
      Anyone who actually monitors the alerts for Vauban can get him in a manner of months, weeks if you're lucky and on frequently. A new piece is on alert EVERY month.. Just a matter of monitoring the alerts. Always has been. BTW, the "Ban" you're talking about wasn't a direct ban from DE, It's an Anti-cheat script that went off. His account was reinstated two days later.

      I've been playing for 5 weeks and have Vauban.

        Loading editor
    • A Lone Tenno
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.