FANDOM


  • Big Important Note Thing: This was a post made way, way, way for out back when Warframe was in it's earlier stages, where Boltor and Latron were arguably the only two viable primaries in the whole game. With the recent additions of both prime variants, as well as over three launchers, more extensive sniper rifles, and an assortment (2) of absolutely broken secondaries, this post doesn't really bring much intellectual value to the table as it does terrbile humor that can hopefully crack a smile or four. Read at your own risk of outdated opinions, potential errors, and perhaps a broken side or two.

    I really ought to make my account, but until then, I'm a Nanny Moose.

    I've actually made an account now, if you haven't noticed. It's Misdirected.

    Before I go on my current spree, and before you all start raining hell on me, I want to say that I'm open to all other opinions, but I'm going to state my own to (try and) help people make their decision, or at least (hopefully) ease the argument.

    Also, Imargam (or any other A) find this cancer-inducing, feel free to shut me down immedietly. (Though I'm not doing some bloody point system like the Dethers vs. DeatBlades)

    Okay, I'm starting. Let's start with the fact that BOLTOR and LATRON perform different roles, and both "feel" different, in all aspects. When people compare the two, you're kind of stretching it, even if they both are some sort of trigger-based everything-killing apparatus. The similarities, in my opinions (screw being humble, I'm already subjecting myself to getting fired on here), end there. I'm going to start of making a basic list of the properties of the two guns. (Please correct/add anything I miss/screw up. Also, make me feel as bad as possible about it.) Also, I am going to cross-compare the two, so some properties may be from "perspective".

    For any properties listed, they way I organize it, is that I put the "main topic" by a bullet (-) and following specifics by an asterisk (*). Less civilized names can be referred to as dashy-things and f**king stars.

    BOLTOR:

    -Fires bloody BOLTS.

    *These ignore armor. (Read bolt mechanics for more details.)

    *These also travel as fast as a sloth on crack (which is still relatively slow in comparison to a bullet.)

    -This stuff staggers schmit. Not exactly sure on the specifics, but I know for sure it slaps Grineer around.

    -Great against anything with armor (still hate Grinners, and still hate Ancients), again, thanks to its Rhino-bolts, so feel free to shoot everything bloody anywhere you wish.

    -Horrid long-distance engagement abilities, horrendous spread on the bolts. Don't try this as a sniper weapon.

    -Fires fairly fast (not Grakata-fast, but can't have it all).

    * Ammo efficiency is only slightly better than the BRATON, which says virtually NOTHING. (Though if you roll it right, it'll hold up for good whiles.)

    -Automatic. W+M1, all the way.

    -As loud as any other gun. (You're on sensors now... AGAIN?)

    LATRON:

    -Fires freaking BULLETS.

    *These (unfortunately) don't ignore armor.

    *You seriously ought to know how hitscan works already.

    -Fairly high face-kicking damage in each bullet, so that's pretty nice.

    -Tailored for people who are actually ACCURATE (not including me), meaning you have to aim for weakpoints of all sorts to dish out the better damage.

    -Fares much better at longer distances, though (debatably) not as efficient in closer quarters.

    -Fires as fast as Frost runs. (Figuratively, I didn't think it was actually that bad.)

    * The most ammo-efficient rifle ammo-run primary currently alive (or dead) in WARFRAME. Will outlast the BOLTOR (and quite frankly, anything else) here.

    -Semi-automatic. I'm currently writing my index finger's obituary.

    -(Appears to be) a reduced-awareness (stealthier) weapon in terms of sound, though this may be entirely reliant on the raw distance from initial target.

    Okay, now that I've finished with my VERY BASIC list, it's pretty apparent that the two fulfill different roles UNMODDED. Let me stress that, because you can mod a gun to fit different roles (to an extent; BOLTOR cannot remedy its atrocious projectile speed or accuracy, and LATRON cannot be made automatic.)

    BOLTOR is the face-kicking rifle. It looks like a friggin' spine, and it excels at close and medium ranges, and creates 3D posters of your enemies. All of that aside, BOLTOR is really made for armored enemies, and fairly good with crowds (and far better at crowds than the LATRON), while LATRON is a great support, and if modded right, can be a trigger-itchy face-kicker as well, though you still have to be accurate with it, regardless of distance, if you want to make the most of the raw damage.

    So, the best summary I have here, is: STOP COMPARING THEM SO HARD. They're different guns. They do different things. They're for different people. Naturally, stop pointing out that LATRON's crowd-control is crack-bad, because your almighty BOLTOR can't hit squat past medium ranges. Sure, BOLTOR's ammo inefficient, but your Frost might actually run faster than your beloved LATRON fires (Still figuratively.)

    And before you go and say "well mods can fix those prblemmsmgsdmgnsgdsg bharhaghrhahrhghahrg", remember that whatever you put on your LATRON, I can easily fit on my BOLTOR (except Metal Auger. Damn Metal Auger). So even if you argue that "Well, I can put Speed Trigger on my LATRON, and then now it fights like your BOLTOR", I will say that, as a matter of fact(s), my BOLTOR can use the same damn Speed Trigger that yours can (unless I don't have a potato /sob), so even if your LATRON gets faster, my BOLTOR just got faster too, and exponentially more so, due to percentile calculations. Or "Well, I can just put Ammo Drum on my BOLTOR, and it'll last as long as your LATRON", well, here's a wake-up call, even if I don't need it, I can put Ammo Drum on a LATRON too, so now I'll NEVER RUN OUT OF AMMO [Evil Laugh]. (I actually do use Ammo Drum on my BOLTOR, it kind of needed it with my horrendous accuracy and trigger tendencies.)

    Well, that's my 2.5 cents on it. Okay, let me take cover before you use artillery on  me.



    Am totally open to (and actually preferring) an nice, HEALTHY and LEGITIMATE argument. If it turns into a Corpus-drunk squabble, I'm going to ignore you. Though if it gets to that point, someone must've gotten cancer, and this'll probably get shut down.

      Loading editor
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:34, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Use ammo boxes instead of ammo drum ;)

        Loading editor
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Forgot to add a quote, want to make it pertain directly to the person I'm replying to.
      02:49, June 23, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:32, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:32, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • 79.163.29.14 wrote:
      Use ammo boxes instead of ammo drum ;)

      Don't really have an extra mod to use, so I use Ammo Drum, but I suppose I should've though of that too. Only really comes in handy around boss time, though.

      Will remember that though, thanks!

        Loading editor
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:32, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:33, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:33, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:33, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:33, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:33, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:33, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:33, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:33, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:33, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:34, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:34, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:34, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • 86.144.172.58 wrote:
      Mhyr1104 wrote:
      I've tried both and both don't match my playstyle...Snipertron ftw!!!!
      Why bother with Snipertron when you can do the same job with Lex and get a whole extra primary?

      Because Twin Vipers.

        Loading editor
    • Misdirected wrote:
      86.144.172.58 wrote:
      Mhyr1104 wrote:
      I've tried both and both don't match my playstyle...Snipertron ftw!!!!
      Why bother with Snipertron when you can do the same job with Lex and get a whole extra primary?
      Because Twin Vipers.

      Cause it's Lore-Breaking

        Loading editor
    • i've made extensive use of the Boltor and the Latron Prime (never used the standard, got the prints in the void using my boltor which i was happy with at the time)

      Got them both potatoed, and formad, and because my life is empty all i have to do in this game anymore is to dick aroudn on xini to get those last two notches in serration filled with trashmods. Here's what I have found.

      If we're talking per clip effectiveness, one clip with my usual mod loadout will kill 3 ancients up to wave 20 on Xini, in the boltor. One clip will kill 2 ancients with the latron prime. So the boltor's better, right?

      No, not really. I used the braton forever, and got very used to using ammo boxes. Stacking a full set of them for any big mission, usually using 3 or 4 boxes per high level defense. Moving to the boltor, the experience was the same. Then i got my latron prime.

      To cut to the chase, i have never run out of ammo with the latron prime. It one shots all light enemies up to wave 20, and can take out an ancient in just a few shots to their wimpyleg. Yes i have to TRY and aim, but that's easy enough.  Becuase i'm never fumbling around with that awful z menu to refill my ammo, i can perform better and never get stuck without bullets.


      Soooo, basically the only thing that would make me switch back to the boltor is if i was regularly fighting enemies over level 120 or so, at which point the armor ignore in the boltor would outclass the latron prime, and i'd HAVE to get over not wanting to fuck with ammo boxes. But since the highest standard mobs in the game currently are like level 100 in T3 Void missions, the latron prime is WAY more than good enough for every single mission in the game at the time of writing.


      But, if you can't aim for shit, don't use the latron. Boltor is the gun for you. You'll be useful to the team, and feel like a badass. If you can aim, throw all the mods and pewm pewm pewm with the latron prime (or regular one, it's very close stat wise)

        Loading editor
    • Yay, someone who's with the topic! Thanks for the contribution.

        Loading editor
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:34, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • I've used both extensively and I think it comes down to play style and the enemies you're against. I personally favor the Latron because I've always been a long range player in any game I've played but I can see the Boltor's usefulness as well.

      When against a boss I've favored the Boltor because when combined with the Iron Skin of a Rhino (Which I use dominantly) you can stand in the bosses face and mow them down within a couple clips. It's especially useful against bosses who have fast shield recharge like Councelor Vay Hek.

      Also when it comes to late game, I can see the Boltor being better overall because of the armor ignore.

      However, if you're playing more supportive and are standing back a little ways, the Latron wins without a doubt because of a few reasons; Accuracy, Bullet Speed, Bullet Efficiency (Damage per bullet compared to how often you're hitting). Another big reason I like the Latron more over all is because you can make bullets hit harder with mods, but you can't make them more accurate which is my main concern with the Boltor. I put a high tier fire rate mod on my Latron and even close range isn't a big deal, albeit I have to click a lot.

      If this was TL:DR

      Boltor: Amazing at close range esp vs bosses when combined with Iron Skin from Rhino

      Latron: Preferred for everything else because you can always fire faster and harder with mods but not more accurately.

        Loading editor
    • I would like to add to the negative side of the Boltor's bolts (even though it is listed on the damage types-page you referred to), namely that they only do 50% damage vs lesser infested. That is of course the bolts' own damage I'm talking about here (raised with mods or not) and not the elemental effects you slap on them.

        Loading editor
    • ^ oh that's neat. I wasn't aware that bolts had a drawback of any kind beyond the travel time. I suppose that's something to consider as well.

        Loading editor
    • then again why would u use a bolt weapon against infested. infested are too fast to hit with a bolt weapon cause of travel time.

        Loading editor
    • Woodis wrote:
      I would like to add to the negative side of the Boltor's bolts (even though it is listed on the damage types-page you referred to), namely that they only do 50% damage vs lesser infested. That is of course the bolts' own damage I'm talking about here (raised with mods or not) and not the elemental effects you slap on them.

      Didn't know that. Thanks!

        Loading editor
    • please not also that despite a boltron and all othwer bolt weapons having  an innate armour ignore. armourpeircing mods still affect it. the damage added by an armour pericing mod will always be there and completely sepreate. no matter what weapon you use.

        Loading editor
    • Caboose19997 wrote:
      please not also that despite a boltron and all othwer bolt weapons having  an innate armour ignore. armourpeircing mods still affect it. the damage added by an armour pericing mod will always be there and completely sepreate. no matter what weapon you use.

      May I ask what a Boltron is? is that a lovechild of the BOLTOR and LATRON?

        Loading editor
    • u know i ment boltor.......

        Loading editor
    • Caboose19997 wrote:
      u know i ment boltor.......

      Yes, I did. Have to make somebody's life harder though.

        Loading editor
    • thx love u to....-_-

        Loading editor
    • Caboose19997 wrote:
      thx love u to....-_-

      D'aw, thanks.

        Loading editor
    • I personally prefer the Latron Prime for its accurary at long range and the bullet travel. The boltor is an amazing weapon mid/close range, but my big beef with it is that kunai excels too well in that same range

        Loading editor
    • kunai is an excellent choice..people argue that instead f a long range primary go witht the lex pistol. bu i hate that thing. y would you use it instead of a rapid fir high damage, completely silent and long range (if you kow how to use it right) kunai

        Loading editor
    • I prefer Latron Prime for a flawless accuracy, hight damage, mediocre firerate(with mods) and being a great weapon at all ranges. After upgrading it with Potato and polarizing it once, i can't find any gun what can match it's level. Im currently using Max Serration+All Maxed Elemental+Max AP+90% Multishot and Firerate. Before using this weapon to it's maximum i was using Boltor(potatoed), Braton(potatoed as well) and Hek(still think of it as a superiour damage dealer, though it's range and firerate really begin to frustrate me). To me, Boltor was a mediocre weapon, and i don't think it's superior to Braton in any way due to it's terrible accuracy and less damage, even if it DOES ignore armor.

        Loading editor
    • 178.204.124.155 wrote:
      I prefer Latron Prime for a flawless accuracy, hight damage, mediocre firerate(with mods) and being a great weapon at all ranges. After upgrading it with Potato and polarizing it once, i can't find any gun what can match it's level. Im currently using Max Serration+All Maxed Elemental+Max AP+90% Multishot and Firerate. Before using this weapon to it's maximum i was using Boltor(potatoed), Braton(potatoed as well) and Hek(still think of it as a superiour damage dealer, though it's range and firerate really begin to frustrate me). To me, Boltor was a mediocre weapon, and i don't think it's superior to Braton in any way due to it's terrible accuracy and less damage, even if it DOES ignore armor.

      Also, in my opinion Boltor should not be compared to Latron, it's the two completely different weapons. Why don't you compare it to braton instead? 

        Loading editor
    • 178.204.124.155 wrote:
      178.204.124.155 wrote:
      I prefer Latron Prime for a flawless accuracy, hight damage, mediocre firerate(with mods) and being a great weapon at all ranges. After upgrading it with Potato and polarizing it once, i can't find any gun what can match it's level. Im currently using Max Serration+All Maxed Elemental+Max AP+90% Multishot and Firerate. Before using this weapon to it's maximum i was using Boltor(potatoed), Braton(potatoed as well) and Hek(still think of it as a superiour damage dealer, though it's range and firerate really begin to frustrate me). To me, Boltor was a mediocre weapon, and i don't think it's superior to Braton in any way due to it's terrible accuracy and less damage, even if it DOES ignore armor.
      Also, in my opinion Boltor should not be compared to Latron, it's the two completely different weapons. Why don't you compare it to braton instead? 

      Well, I cross compared the two to intentionally state that they shouldn't be compared so much, as they're different weapons with different roles.

        Loading editor
    • 178.204.124.155 wrote:
      I prefer Latron Prime for a flawless accuracy, hight damage, mediocre firerate(with mods) and being a great weapon at all ranges. After upgrading it with Potato and polarizing it once, i can't find any gun what can match it's level. Im currently using Max Serration+All Maxed Elemental+Max AP+90% Multishot and Firerate. Before using this weapon to it's maximum i was using Boltor(potatoed), Braton(potatoed as well) and Hek(still think of it as a superiour damage dealer, though it's range and firerate really begin to frustrate me). To me, Boltor was a mediocre weapon, and i don't think it's superior to Braton in any way due to it's terrible accuracy and less damage, even if it DOES ignore armor.

      I don't find the Boltor inferior, personally. Maybe it's less versatile. But armor ignoring goes a long way in some high places, and I prefer it over the Braton in the end anyway. Boltor's accuracy may not be the best, but it takes care of anything at close range, without having to deal with weakspots and such as much. Maybe Kunia are better, as stated in earlier arguement, but some people want different secondaries. Also, Boltor for me, felt more confortable than my Latron Prime, so maybe I'm just weird.

        Loading editor
    • I haven't used either so far, just a quick question I can't see answered on the wiki. Is there a forced delay between shots on the Latron/Prime? Otherwise you can bind fire to mouse wheel, preferrably free sliding, and thus massively increase your fire rate. It's an old FPS trick on guns without a fire delay, used on say the USP in CS: S to turn it into a free machine pistol. Doesn't work on guns like the Lex when there's a forced delay, but will work on any fire-when-clicked gun like the Lato.

        Loading editor
    • 27.32.143.189 wrote:
      I haven't used either so far, just a quick question I can't see answered on the wiki. Is there a forced delay between shots on the Latron/Prime? Otherwise you can bind fire to mouse wheel, preferrably free sliding, and thus massively increase your fire rate. It's an old FPS trick on guns without a fire delay, used on say the USP in CS: S to turn it into a free machine pistol. Doesn't work on guns like the Lex when there's a forced delay, but will work on any fire-when-clicked gun like the Lato.

      I can grab my latron and try it out right now. I'll let you know the results.


      EDEET: Nope, it's forced delay. Fires the same way forward and backward.

        Loading editor
    • But wait if boltor does 18 armor ignore and latron does 40 and I slap on a 50% armor pierce on the latron... does that mean I do as much armor ignoring damage as the boltor would do?

        Loading editor
    • MrKillUltraTM wrote:
      But wait if boltor does 18 armor ignore and latron does 40 and I slap on a 50% armor pierce on the latron... does that mean I do as much armor ignoring damage as the boltor would do?

      I hope you do know the difference between armor INGNORE and armor PIERCING.

        Loading editor
    • Misdirected wrote:
      MrKillUltraTM wrote:
      But wait if boltor does 18 armor ignore and latron does 40 and I slap on a 50% armor pierce on the latron... does that mean I do as much armor ignoring damage as the boltor would do?
      I hope you do know the difference between armor INGNORE and armor PIERCING.


      I just realized the two are distinct now. DOH

        Loading editor
    • MrKillUltraTM wrote:
      Misdirected wrote:
      MrKillUltraTM wrote:
      But wait if boltor does 18 armor ignore and latron does 40 and I slap on a 50% armor pierce on the latron... does that mean I do as much armor ignoring damage as the boltor would do?
      I hope you do know the difference between armor INGNORE and armor PIERCING.

      I just realized the two are distinct now. DOH

      Well, that solved the problem relatively quickly.

        Loading editor
    • Well, that solved the problem relatively quickly.

      Yeah I've decided I will get both.

        Loading editor
    • MrKillUltraTM wrote:
      But wait if boltor does 18 armor ignore and latron does 40 and I slap on a 50% armor pierce on the latron... does that mean I do as much armor ignoring damage as the boltor would do?


      percing does seperate damage...though who thinks it would be cool to have a armour ignore mod. i personally thnk that would be epic

        Loading editor
    • did they fix the bug where Armor Ignore weaps deal less damage when Armor Pierce is equipped?

        Loading editor
    • i don't think that was ever the case. i had dual ethers ever since they came out and when i attached a armour pericing mod to it it never lost basic

        Loading editor
    • not basic, I equipped my Paris and Kunais with damage and AP mods but the total damage it should have done was decreased (e.g with AP and only Serration, my Paris dealt 160 damage, now with AP it dealt 144 damage)

        Loading editor
    • MrKillUltraTM wrote:

      Well, that solved the problem relatively quickly.

      Yeah I've decided I will get both.

      Personally, I like that choice, as I did the same as well. Different playstyles, in this opinion here.

        Loading editor
    • Mhyr1104 wrote:
      did they fix the bug where Armor Ignore weaps deal less damage when Armor Pierce is equipped?

      That's not a bug. You see, whenever you have AP on an AI weapon, there's the second AP elemental damage overlayed on the weapon. You can only hit so much on lower level mobs (I.E Starter Grineer), and there's not enough health to actually take the AP damage and the AI base damage. So what happens, is that the AP element's reading comes up, usually less than the base damage if ignore, and the AP damage alone kills the mob, preventing the base damage's number from appearing.

      At least, I believe that's what the "bug" is. Maybe it was a real bug, and maybe it's fixed, maybe not.

        Loading editor
    • I know I didn't overkill them, I shot 300+ and the figure came out while when I had the AP mod, it didn't but I guess this is besides the point

      I've recently tried Paris again, this time with some properly leveled mods, and it's great, I personally think it can substitute both Boltor and Latron (I've used both) as long as you can predict where your arrow is going to land

        Loading editor
    • I personally have used Latron, Latron Prime, and Boltor.

      I can say for sure that I am a good gun player(ex- professional FPS gamer if you want to know why). My personaly score:

      Latron 18452 kills with 2346 headshots

      Latron Prime 12314 kills with 806 headshots

      You may wonder why I got less headshot in Latron Prime? Well I barely go any infested map before the Void update so most of the kill with Latron Prime are infested which not need to headshot but a accurate shot at leg. Back in CB when I didn't have piercing mod shot Corpus at their body is easier which also reduce the number of headshot on the Latron. Also lately the Void of high level map give us not weak enemies so most my shots not finish my enemies right off the bat, they die due to element mod

      Latron and Latron Prime both are very accurate. They can match the accuracy of Snipetron/Vulkar in about 2/3 map of Kelliken, if you want to shot accurate full map then you better get the snipe gun or Dera combine with Volt's shield instead. The base damage is nice which lead to damage output with element mod scale higher especially the Prime. But if you gonna change from Latron to Latron Prime then you better prepare to learn to shot again since the bullet from Prime gun seem fly a little different than the normal one.  To max out the gun ability you will need a catalyst and 3 forma for the Latron,  a catalyst and 2 forma for the Prime. Btw I know that some of you love crit but it not worth to use crit mod on those gun, just focus on element damage. And those guns required a lot more skill than any others gun to master it at all range. Of course anyone can shot a gun but how well it can perform isn't base solely on a gun stats.

      Boltor shot quite fast, quite inaccurate(I think it as fast and accurate as my Afuris at most). You may want to limit your shootting under 50m. Ignore armor is nice.but base damage too low. In early level it make a great gun but later on while the enemies have much more shield and HP instead of armor the low damage output become a huge problem. fix it with mod isn't a child play since the mod scale bonus damage base on the basic damage, with basic damage 18 compare to 40 of Latron and 45 of the Prime, the Boltor become weaker and weaker when facing higher level enemies.To max out this gun ability you will need a catalyst and 4 forma.

        Loading editor
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:37, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:37, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:37, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:37, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:37, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:37, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:37, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:37, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:38, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:38, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:38, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:38, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:38, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:38, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Something impossible happened a few weeks back, I actually ran out of ammo for my Latron during a mission. Mind you, I had the ammo mod maxed out. Level 4 serration, Fast hands and a few other mods. I ran out because I pretty much pumped every shot into the hammer boss (forgot the guy's name). Was so shocked lol

        Loading editor
    • Lech Kril?

        Loading editor
    • I'll always prefer automatic weapons over semi-automatic. Boltor is the friendliest gun you can come across besides long distance gunfights, and let's be honest this isn't a game where a snipers accuracy really pays off.

      I only used the Latron Prime for a short while before I sold it at rank 30, semi-automatics just don't appeal to me as missing a shot is such a major drawback compared to an automatic, and you'll never truly achieve the full fire rate the weapon has to offer unless you're using a macro, in which case you're a scrub. I had a clan mate bind her shooting key to mouse wheel down and it worked for her, I couldn't say the same for me.

      My Braton has always been my #1, so I'm pretty used to aiming at enemies weak points with good accuracy and instant projectiles where even if I miss a bullet or two it only annoys me a little. While I can appreciate armour ignoring projectiles aim wherever the hell you want theme, you need to take in to account the damage buff of having all your elementals calculate off a solid 100% base damage and 200% headshot damage on EVERY mob, where as bullets only have a few enemies that go higher than 200% damage on a poorly armoured part of the body.

      As far as ammo efficiency goes the Latron Prime wins, but I'm using a Braton and I rarely ever get the chance to use a rifle ammunition box, which I never have to use again. Ammo efficiency is only necessary if you're planning on doing some big bad ass defense waves.

        Loading editor
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:39, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:39, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Still need to test Boltor for that armour ignore, but so far i love my Latron (Prime).

        Loading editor
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:39, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:39, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:40, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:40, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:39, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:40, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:40, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:40, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:40, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:40, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:40, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:40, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:41, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:41, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:41, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:41, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Would it really be so hard for me to say that I just like the look of the Latron Prime and therefore, as a sniper/scout rifle lover, I shall use it, and the people who violently disagree can go get f***ed?

        Loading editor
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:41, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Off topic.
      00:41, August 27, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • 86.161.93.209 wrote:
      Would it really be so hard for me to say that I just like the look of the Latron Prime and therefore, as a sniper/scout rifle lover, I shall use it, and the people who violently disagree can go get f***ed?

      Perfectly fine. Your gun.

        Loading editor
    • 86.161.93.209 wrote:
      Would it really be so hard for me to say that I just like the look of the Latron Prime and therefore, as a sniper/scout rifle lover, I shall use it, and the people who violently disagree can go get f***ed?

      If you go for looks than I must agree that the latron is better (in my opinion that is).

      If you go for damage than it depends on the level of the mobs you are fighting.

      At normal missions where mobs are below 100 the latron is much better than the boltor.

      When the mobs reach level 100 (before actually) the boltor starts to do much more damage than the latron.

      So my advice is, if you like normal missions and don't do a lot of endless defense high-wave missions than go with the latron.

      If you like to be effective at higher levels too than the boltor is the way to go (for me that is).

        Loading editor
    • The way I see it if you really need to eek out every last bit of damage of a gun, you need to do something that needs that damage. Like the highest level stuff. So if you're doing TIII Void defense or Wave 40 endless you're going to need a lot of armor pierce. So unless you have 100% player accuracy on every little head that spawn towards you, the Boltor will give you the most damage in that kind of situation, just by the nature of Physics Impact and DPS. Of course then there's the argument that a gun with no ammo does no damage. Either way, once you get to 110+ level enemies gunning for your cryopod, in my eyes damage means a hell of a lot less and cc means a hell of a lot more. So my end argument, Boltor is better for HIGH LVEL INSTANCES specifically for its innate stagger.

        Loading editor
    • Flogging a dead horse..

      "So, the best summary I have here, is: STOP COMPARING THEM SO HARD. They're different guns."

      I agree with this. Had me laughing too.. Here's my 2cts

      I tent to compare exotic weapons to what I know from IRL. As such I see the Latron as a ranged-support-sniper, like the Dragunov, and the Boltor something like an assault-weapon, like a SCAR. Unmodded they got similair specs as their RL counterparts and from there it's easy to see which weapon works for what.

      And anyone with a little brain can also see how they supplement each other. Having a team with one or two boltors/bratons and a single latron can go a long way...

      Oh, and as for the twin vipers... aren't these the warframe versions of the double uzi? Perfect secondary for a sniper?

        Loading editor
    • Yuu got them all :)

        Loading editor
    • Some purging of this topic to remove most, if not all, of the off topic stuff. Tell me if I missed anything.

        Loading editor
    • Guys, I have been leeching here for a while. And this topic raised a question.

      Say that someone has perfect aim and can hit every single weakspot with Latron Prime, Which weapon will be better then on higher wave's?

      Thanks for the info so far.

        Loading editor
    • If you get perfect hit and always hit the weakspots than the Latron Prime is your best friend.

      That is at least for as long as enemies armor isn't getting too high and even hitting the weakpoints will deal 1 damage per bullet :(


      In order to go that high you usually need to do high-wave defense missions.

      In normal missions that shouldn't be an issue so for those just take the Latron Prime.


      Boltor on the other hand will always do the same damage to the mobs (and with your accuracy as you described it than you should be hitting the weakspots with it as well).

      That will make it better for long defense missions.

        Loading editor
    • As said earlier by Dor99alon, the Latron should function better in the theoretical deadeye situation, as the raw damage can still bypass armor up to certain extents. If you want to go into stuff like wave 100 and crap like that, bring the Boltor for the damage type.

        Loading editor
    • Playing in Io or Callisto (Jupiter) with this Boltor till wave 20...

      Hammershot level 3

      Shred level 5

      Serration level 7 (max level is 10)

      Vital Sense level 4

      Piercing Hit level 5

      Point Strike level 5

      Wildfire level 3

      Speed Trigger level 5

      After wave 20 I change into Akbolto coz Boltor is a waste of time even hitting a queue of 5 acients in the forehead. Btw, I love Boltor but gotta upgrade Serration!

        Loading editor
    • ComCray wrote:
      Flogging a dead horse..

      "So, the best summary I have here, is: STOP COMPARING THEM SO HARD. They're different guns."

      I agree with this. Had me laughing too.. Here's my 2cts

      I tent to compare exotic weapons to what I know from IRL. As such I see the Latron as a ranged-support-sniper, like the Dragunov, and the Boltor something like an assault-weapon, like a SCAR. Unmodded they got similair specs as their RL counterparts and from there it's easy to see which weapon works for what.

      And anyone with a little brain can also see how they supplement each other. Having a team with one or two boltors/bratons and a single latron can go a long way...

      Oh, and as for the twin vipers... aren't these the warframe versions of the double uzi? Perfect secondary for a sniper?

      I agree with you that they're completely different weapons, but you forgot it's not battlefield 3. There is no such class as sniper or so on and you're forgetting that there're different types of damage... So please, STOP COMPARING Warframe with Battlefield

        Loading editor
    • 213.37.95.83 wrote:
      Playing in Io or Callisto (Jupiter) with this Boltor till wave 20...

      Hammershot level 3

      Shred level 5

      Serration level 7 (max level is 10)

      Vital Sense level 4

      Piercing Hit level 5

      Point Strike level 5

      Wildfire level 3

      Speed Trigger level 5

      After wave 20 I change into Akbolto coz Boltor is a waste of time even hitting a queue of 5 acients in the forehead. Btw, I love Boltor but gotta upgrade Serration!

      You are using a critical and fire rate build.

      The firerate is optimized for DPS and not damage per ammo and the critical stats of the boltor are quite low so I don't think the critical part is the best (but you are using it so it must be working for you).


      Like I already mentioned above I prefer to build keeping damage per ammo in mind instead.

      Using such a build I can keep killing a lot of stuff using a lot less ammo than you do even at high levels.


      Another side note is that the Akbolto  does more damage per shot than the Boltor so you can usually kill more with the same amount of ammo using the Akbolto.

        Loading editor
    • 93.144.135.80 wrote:
      ComCray wrote:
      Flogging a dead horse..


      I tent to compare exotic weapons to what I know from IRL. As such I see the Latron as a ranged-support-sniper, like the Dragunov, and the Boltor something like an assault-weapon, like a SCAR. Unmodded they got similair specs as their RL counterparts and from there it's easy to see which weapon works for what.

      I agree with you that they're completely different weapons, but you forgot it's not battlefield 3. There is no such class as sniper or so on and you're forgetting that there're different types of damage... So please, STOP COMPARING Warframe with Battlefield

      Eeeh.. just for the record "IRL" does not mean "From BattleField" (that'd be FBF ;p ). These weapons exist in reality. Battlefield does a great job copying from reality, apparently.. Shooters are shooters and basic weapon mechanics are used all over the place. There's some interesting new stuff, UT is known for this, but most of the time game designers will look at what works in reality how and work with/from that. 

      Sooo... chill bro.

        Loading editor
    • Incidentally, Latron Prime? having trouble in close range?

      Step 1: Maxed Speed Trigger

      Step 2: Bind weapon fire to mouse wheel (up or down matters not, whichever more convenient)

      Step 3: roll that wheel like a boss when something get close to you and watch it melt from the Latron Prime machine gun

      Standard practice of course with any semi auto things (including melee combo attacks) but works very well on Latron or Latron Prime when you absolutely must kill that ugly degenerate  that is coming too close for comfort by unloading your Latron Prime into his/it's face

        Loading editor
    • 203.219.240.157 wrote:

      Step 2: Bind weapon fire to mouse wheel (up or down matters not, whichever more convenient)

      That... is a really GREAT idea!!

        Loading editor
    • ComCray wrote:
      203.219.240.157 wrote:

      Step 2: Bind weapon fire to mouse wheel (up or down matters not, whichever more convenient)

      That... is a really GREAT idea!!


      And DE says " do not use macros from your keybord or ban", this trick schould not be possible either. Or allow the macros from keyboard.

        Loading editor
    • latron + gamer mouse burst fire

        Loading editor
    • 195.124.114.41 wrote:
      ComCray wrote:
      203.219.240.157 wrote:
      Step 2: Bind weapon fire to mouse wheel (up or down matters not, whichever more convenient)
      That... is a really GREAT idea!!

      And DE says " do not use macros from your keybord or ban", this trick schould not be possible either. Or allow the macros from keyboard.

      Where do they say that and how will they check for this and what nonsense..

        Loading editor
    • ComCray wrote:

      Where do they say that and how will they check for this and what nonsense..

      Well, if somebody finds you firing at maximum potential fire-rate in a wave 50 endless defense, they're going to suspect something, considering how much framerate should bomb with all the crap on screen. If somebody reports you with enough evidence, you might get axed.

      Either that, or nobody cares.

        Loading editor
    • Misdirected wrote:
      ComCray wrote:

      Where do they say that and how will they check for this and what nonsense..

      Well, if somebody finds you firing at maximum potential fire-rate in a wave 50 endless defense, they're going to suspect something, considering how much framerate should bomb with all the crap on screen. If somebody reports you with enough evidence, you might get axed.

      Either that, or nobody cares.

      But why SHOULD they care? Most, if not all, gamer keyboards and mice (and other perhipals) come with macro-editors. It's the hallmark of the pro-gamer. Why should it be prohibited? Again: where is it said that macros are forbidden? They are NOT cheats..

        Loading editor
    • ComCray wrote:

      But why SHOULD they care? Most, if not all, gamer keyboards and mice (and other perhipals) come with macro-editors. It's the hallmark of the pro-gamer. Why should it be prohibited? Again: where is it said that macros are forbidden? They are NOT cheats..

      To be honest, I don't think anybody cares. The rule is written, though, so it can be held against you for whatever ridiculous needed reasons. I don't macro, because it takes away part of the feeling of being in control. If a weapon is semi-auto, I want to FEEL the semi-automatic part of the weapon, or it isn't complete. Then again, I'm not the player who goes for "Acrid all the way" or anything of sorts.

        Loading editor
    • "The rule is written, though"


      Where?

        Loading editor
    • ComCray wrote:
      "The rule is written, though"


      Where?

      Let me correct that, then. The rule is written, or so I've heard. I have no idea if the rule actually stands, or is even written, but I've heard of it.

      This is a great topic, but it's getting off the main focus, so if you'd like to continue this, please make a separate post or blog or something, and I'd be glad to continue this.

        Loading editor
    • I posted this in a support ticket:

      Hi,

      I have a Logitech G510 keyboard that lets me configure certain keys to reply "macros" like doing sprint forward and melee attack for the slide attack.  I still need to press the special key to execute this attack but it's 1 key instead of all 3.

      I want to set up such macros and I want to make sure this is not considered cheating.

      Thanks

      The reply I got was:

      • Hello [my IGN here]!

      This should not be an issue with our cheat recognition software, as long as you are not using it for things you cannot use in game, like a spam shoot macro. I don't see you using a slide+sprint macro as something that would get you banned, however on the off chance it does pick you up, just send us a ticket and reference this one.

      DEJames

      My conclusion: Macros are allowed as long as they are not "shooting related".

        Loading editor
    • @Misdirected: you're right. ;)


      @Dor99alon: thanks for clearing that up regardless :D 

        Loading editor
    • though i honestly wouldnt see anything wrong with a macro that uses a knockback melee attack and then fires your weapon for a kills shot.

        Loading editor
    • Well, if it's "shooting related", it's a no go, apparently.

        Loading editor
    • i think it more so depends on moderation...more like you can do kick upper cut sweep kick in a fighting game as a combo button cause you could physialy do that with your hands. where as a machine gun speed upper cuts would be illegal because the player can't press buttons that fast.

      i recon anything that the player his/her self can't physicaly do should be made illegal, where as combos would be made legal

        Loading editor
    • Caboose19997 wrote:
      i think it more so depends on moderation...more like you can do kick upper cut sweep kick in a fighting game as a combo button cause you could physialy do that with your hands. where as a machine gun speed upper cuts would be illegal because the player can't press buttons that fast.

      i recon anything that the player his/her self can't physicaly do should be made illegal, where as combos would be made legal

      That's what I understood from DEJames reply as well.

        Loading editor
    • so according to this wouldnt something like a high kick that knocks enemies off thier feet and then  follow up wth a shotgun round to the face be legal?

        Loading editor
    • I suppose anything that isn't game-breaking should be fine as far as things go, if you'd like to take it that way.

        Loading editor
    • Caboose19997 wrote:
      so according to this wouldnt something like a high kick that knocks enemies off thier feet and then  follow up wth a shotgun round to the face be legal?

      Without the shooting part, yeah.

      With the shooting part, you better open a ticket before you try it just in case.

        Loading editor
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Irrelevant.
      01:55, October 29, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Boltor vs Latron:

      Damage type: Physics Impact > Bullet

      Base DPS (Damage*RoF): 18*8.75 (158) < 40*4.2 (168)

      Clip Size: 60 > 15

      Reload Speed: 2.6 < 2.4 (as in, worse, not actually less than)

      Polarities (less important since Forma): D < V

      As Clip Size and Reload Speed also affect effective DPS i figured I'd list them here. Clip Size is a lot better for effective DPS than Reload Speed though. That, Physics Impact and also the RoF kind of trump the higher base damage/dps.

      Due to Physics Impact and also the RoF being higher, I think the Boltor actually trumps the Latron's effective DPS. Against heavy units (read: heavily armored units) but also against lots of lighties charging your face, as the Latron will do no damage for 2.4s after the first 15 shots, whereas the Boltor has a lot less "downtime" with it's higher clip size.

      The only scenario where a Latron would be superior is sniping light units across the whole room... won't deal considerable damage to heavy units (especially as Piercing Hit is nowhere near as good as it's melee and secondary counterparts) and I feel that light units can be engaged when you get closer to them.

      Having said that, all things considered, the Boltor is the better gun despite it's nerf (ages ago).

        Loading editor
    • man, i really wanna marry the thread starter , all word this person said really crack me down to roll on floor laughing


      anyway, back to topic . im also have both of em , and love using both . however, im not that good with calculation and stuff, so my actual point using them is

      Boltor pretty much for greener buster  , thanks to the armor ignore and perfectly stagger on greener (this are my main reason choose boltor, even interrupt those who already shooting) and im really love - taking the thread starter word- 3D grafitty of Greener Lancer on Wall, hahaha . Modded mainly with Ammo Drum , Magazine Warp ,Wildfire and Split Chamber , rest changed depend needs.

      Latron on other hand i choose just cause raw damage pershoot, used mostly for assassination weapon for target that doesnt have shield or doesnt regen it shield (or only regen on certain situation) . Modded with all damage mod , serration ,Piercing, Fire, Ice , etc , ensure it single shoot painly horrible hurt . fit perfectly for my main style tend to hide behind everyone else.

      sorry isnt much , since im pretty much just simple person. so yeah, im agree each have their own use.

      note : for other race im also choose another weapon , Dera for corpus and Sturn for infected.

        Loading editor
    • Ok, so I've had a read of the thread and it's been useful for sure.

      One note about the Boltor is that it's really good with clusters of enemies due to the larger projectile spread and slower velocity than the Latron (think Greneer waves as they come out of the gate in defense missions). If you've got a maxed out Shred (ideally) or Metal Auger (good in a pinch), it belongs in your rifle as the Puncture (Mechanic) allows both weapons to really shine.

      I've only recently picked up the Latron which truly is a different style of weapon to the Boltor. The Latron must have been designed to have a maxed out Serration mod due to the polarity slot provided and already fearsome base damage (Latron with maxed serration does 106 base damage which is what all other mods work damage percentages from).

      As to my preference so far I'd have to say I much prefer the Boltor, although due to the fact that I'm still finishing up leveling my Latron it's a biased opinion. As to a recommendation based on the way they play, Iill just add this.

      1. The Boltor is a great midrange weapon that (when potatoed and moded) will literally mince anything you point it at... Just remember to use bursts instead of emptying your magazine as the spray and pray method will leave you wishing you'd bought ammo boxes while they were still available.

      2. The Latron is great at mid to long range... it takes a little bit more finesse to get big damage with due to the semi-auto nature, and headshots are a must to maximise this weapons potential. Wildfire (ideally) or Magazine Warp (if you have excess mod cap) are decent mod choices for the Latron as it means you can spend a little more time shooting between reloads.

      That's pretty much everything from me.

      Also, great topic to start hahaha

        Loading editor
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Duplicate comment, probably by accident.
      01:57, October 29, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Repeat, probably by accident.
      04:12, November 12, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Misdirected
      Misdirected removed this reply because:
      Another duplicate.
      01:58, October 29, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Can I just say I use the Latron because I prefer its looks over the bolter? I think this game is all about options and I enjoy the options I choose.

        Loading editor
    • Potatoed & Polarized my Latron Prime and it hits 300+. On critical it hits 1.5k-8k

        Loading editor
    • Boltor, since Damage 2.0 Boltor's better.

      Although Boltos are more OP now.

        Loading editor
    • Acrid...

        Loading editor
    • Comparing the Latron and Boltor isn't apples and oranges. Its Elephants to Pineapples.

        Loading editor
    • I just have acquired the Boltor and I see it has a D polarity, however there is no weapon mod that have the D polarity, so it is pretty much useless. Or did I miss something?

        Loading editor
    • 46.107.102.131 wrote:
      I just have acquired the Boltor and I see it has a D polarity, however there is no weapon mod that have the D polarity, so it is pretty much useless. Or did I miss something?

      Cryo Rounds. That's about the most useful it gets.

        Loading editor
    • 46.107.102.131 wrote:
      I just have acquired the Boltor and I see it has a D polarity, however there is no weapon mod that have the D polarity, so it is pretty much useless. Or did I miss something?


      Hammer Shot.

        Loading editor
    • Now with the Boltor Prime... The winner is clear.

        Loading editor
    • Yep, sorry latron lovers, but u lost, gg though.

        Loading editor
    • Personally I prefer Boltor, though Latron Prime performs well (I'm more of a long-range rifle user), but then, I find both good in getting headshots. Looking forward to get Boltor Prime.

        Loading editor
    • This is like saying "Brakk or Vectis- which is better" The two guns are so different, they aren't worth comparing.

        Loading editor
    • Why is everyone forgetting Kraken, its a very-decent-high-damage-2 burst-pistol. I have it, and trust me, it can dish damage like CRAZY! Its my best choice to use until you get enough rank for Marelok.

        Loading editor
    • Let me just say 1 thing...

      I don't know if that fits in for the Latron aswell, but I have a Latron Prime CRITSET(Say w000000t?) and it works really really really great! T3 Survival 'til 40 minutes is like NO PROBLEM! I don't know my set by heart but it was sth with Point Strike, Hammer Shot, Vital Sense, Serration, Split Chamber and I think it was the ice damage rifle mod, cicero and tethra mod :)

        Loading editor
    • VeysTheGreat wrote:
      Let me just say 1 thing...

      I don't know if that fits in for the Latron aswell, but I have a Latron Prime CRITSET(Say w000000t?) and it works really really really great! T3 Survival 'til 40 minutes is like NO PROBLEM! I don't know my set by heart but it was sth with Point Strike, Hammer Shot, Vital Sense, Serration, Split Chamber and I think it was the ice damage rifle mod, cicero and tethra mod :)

      I use Crit on my Latron Prime too, it's okay.

        Loading editor
    • Boltor is maybe my fav assault rifle, I love the original one, and now the prime version is just a beast. Anyway it isn't fair to compare it to the latron, I like latron as well but they're completely different weapons.

      What I like about weapons like latron or burstron (I only have the primed versions of both) is that they offer you a completely different experience than using the most obvious rifles, with them you cant just one shot anything, neither hold the button and spray til you're done, you actually have to aim, search for weak spots, control the distance, predict the enemy movement, etc.They feel a lot more tactical, and are surely not that easy to use, but they're not inferior than any other guns.

      It's hard to measure a player s skill when using a soma or a boltor, but give him a latron and you'll see, one may like it or not (taste is taste), but to use it efficiently instead of just dissing it like a "bad weapon" is what shows who is who.

        Loading editor
    • ry to say that but the boltor prime is BETTER then the latron prime. its known that the boltor prime has a bit travel time to hit something BUT the boltor prime is alot stronger when it impacts, she can even easily kill every corpus with full shields (with magnetic damage) the latron prime cant do that even with magnetic damage equiped.

      sorry but my favorite will be forever the boltor prime =3

        Loading editor
    • 87.123.106.183 wrote:
      ry to say that but the boltor prime is BETTER then the latron prime. its known that the boltor prime has a bit travel time to hit something BUT the boltor prime is alot stronger when it impacts, she can even easily kill every corpus with full shields (with magnetic damage) the latron prime cant do that even with magnetic damage equiped.

      sorry but my favorite will be forever the boltor prime =3

      In my truthful honest opinion, I find the Boltor Prime an obscenely powerful weapon, to the point of DOWNRIGHT overpowered. Picking up the Soma was enough of a win-button point-and-click adventure, which is actually why I'm walling myself off the Boltor Prime for the time being. Latron Prime just sits in my inventory and looks pretty.

      Basically, I really don't want a kill-joy weapon that would be used in case of massive powercreep on my part. I'm not sure about you, but I just find that killing everything with one shot (or three) without an effort just seems... pointless.

        Loading editor
    • VeysTheGreat wrote:
      Let me just say 1 thing...

      I don't know if that fits in for the Latron aswell, but I have a Latron Prime CRITSET(Say w000000t?) and it works really really really great! T3 Survival 'til 40 minutes is like NO PROBLEM! I don't know my set by heart but it was sth with Point Strike, Hammer Shot, Vital Sense, Serration, Split Chamber and I think it was the ice damage rifle mod, cicero and tethra mod :)

      If you are going for damage, swap hammershot for an element, and if you want to use formas, swap the event mods for standard element mods. You will get much higher damage

        Loading editor
    • 87.123.106.183 wrote:
      ry to say that but the boltor prime is BETTER then the latron prime. its known that the boltor prime has a bit travel time to hit something BUT the boltor prime is alot stronger when it impacts, she can even easily kill every corpus with full shields (with magnetic damage) the latron prime cant do that even with magnetic damage equiped.

      sorry but my favorite will be forever the boltor prime =3

      If you take the time to forma it and potato it and put the right mods, it can 1 shot everything besides bosses, if you shoot in the head, and I have the normal Latron not even the the Prime version... You just have to be a good sniper/marksman. And the thing that you told us that its your favorite makes you sound irrelevant: "The best primary in the world is Strun because its my favorite and you're wrong about which is the best!" Thats what it sounds like. I mean, my favorite is Grinlok but I don't go telling people which is better, only if its a GOOD weapon (and yes it is good), not a BETTER weapon (there are better weapons for everyone's playstyle, mines sniper/marksman). If you're assault, go for Boltor/Strun/Boar/HEK/Sobek etc., If you're mid-ranged, go for Latron/Braton/Burston/Soma/Karak/Gorgon etc., If you're sniper/marksman, go for Latron/Vectis/Grinlok/Vulkar/Snipetron/Lanka etc. (not sure there are more snipers). Everyone has got his own playstyle that fits him/her best. You can even be between, like Latron, its mid-ranged and long-ranged.

        Loading editor
    • Don't forget the bows!

      As for the topic, here are two builds

      http://goo.gl/xGIilc

      http://goo.gl/VQKmcD

      for the two guns (and remember that if you are using the latron right you are getting mostly headshots). However these two guns are very different when actually used, so aren't worth comparing, since some people would hate the latron even if it had twice the dps of any other gun in the game, and others like the feel of marksman weapons.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah! The bows aswell! They're great! I had a Cernos, but I prefer my Latron over it, though I'll swap it out if I EVER get Dread. I always have SO much luck (sarcasm), absolutely EVERY TIME the Stalker spawns, I get a Skype call and the game window closes.

        Loading editor
    • The Oberon Who Cried Corpus wrote:
      Yeah! The bows aswell! They're great! I had a Cernos, but I prefer my Latron over it, though I'll swap it out if I EVER get Dread. I always have SO much luck (sarcasm), absolutely EVERY TIME the Stalker spawns, I get a Skype call and the game window closes.

      Set to Do Not Disturb. Now roll a 5000-sided die made by RNGesus. If you get a 47, you'll get a Dread to drop.

        Loading editor
    • Take one of my 15 Dread BPs, all I ask for is the Hate.

        Loading editor
    • I find that the Latron is better than the Boltor because the Boltor is a piece of trash compared to anything.

        Loading editor
    • how many weapon slots does the latron take? i have 4 empty, and still cant retrieve from forge

        Loading editor
    • 98.240.15.176 wrote:
      how many weapon slots does the latron take? i have 4 empty, and still cant retrieve from forge

      Only one?

        Loading editor
    • So basically what I'm hearing is this (and please correct me if I'm wrong):

      Boltor: A veritable SAW that is ideal for tank units like Rhinos  or other units that excell at close to medium range

      Latron: A squad marksman weapon that is great for squishy or suppourt based classes that may need or prefer to stay out of the fray. i.e. a frost in a snow globe or a vaubaun  behind the walls of bastille.

      Is that about the size of it?

        Loading editor
    • 98.240.15.176 wrote:
      how many weapon slots does the latron take? i have 4 empty, and still cant retrieve from forge


      Your weapion may not be built yet just wait a bit.

        Loading editor
    • I got both weapons and tried them out, and Boltor is more fun for me. The Latron is not bad, but I already have the Vectis, which does everything the Latron does, only better (and slower. WAY slower.)

        Loading editor
    • with my boltor, I have never run out of ammo, and it insta-kills everything excluding bosses up to the enemies at saturn, and excluding late-saturn heavy-gunners. it does have lots of powerfull modding, and a 90% multishot chance

        Loading editor
    • ^^^ Yes and you use rhino and galatine/dragon nikana, we know you are best even tho you dont have start to me. Do you even read date ? Thats why you dont mix nekros with rhino. 

        Loading editor
    • 04:14, January 15, 2015  "Do you even read date ? Thats why you dont mix nekros with rhino."  

        Loading editor
    • Necromancy?

        Loading editor
    • You dont really have to compare latron with boltor. latron is a joke. 2 bolts from boltor does more dmg than 1 bullet from latron. and boltor is full auto with a 60 mag ad latron is semi with 15 mag.

      the only advantage of latron is it's hitscan. but an ape can hit running targets by just aiming a little bit ahead. and if u miss u see where the bolt hit and u can adjust your aim accordingly.

      even thought the boltor isnt as impressive as the ingame description says(it doesn't pin enemies to walls most of the time) is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than latron

      take some advice from the pro and throw your latron away after u max it to rank 30.

      unless your a noob who cant even aim. if thats the case then dont play warframe go play some noob games like candy crush or whatever

        Loading editor
    • Darktenno wrote:
      You dont really have to compare latron with boltor. latron is a joke. 2 bolts from boltor does more dmg than 1 bullet from latron. and boltor is full auto with a 60 mag ad latron is semi with 15 mag.

      the only advantage of latron is it's hitscan. but an ape can hit running targets by just aiming a little bit ahead. and if u miss u see where the bolt hit and u can adjust your aim accordingly.

      even thought the boltor isnt as impressive as the ingame description says(it doesn't pin enemies to walls most of the time) is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than latron

      take some advice from the pro and throw your latron away after u max it to rank 30.

      unless your a noob who cant even aim. if thats the case then dont play warframe go play some noob games like candy crush or whatever

      Ah beside necroposting I can't help it to see this reply.

      Define Boltor Prime a pro weapon is one of the worse thing one can say, I'm not saying it sucks but it's way too easy mode, cookie cutter, pray and spray gun.

      Even the Soma require more skill than that.

      And if you build your Latron Prime with the same build as your Boltor Prime I can believe it sucks for you, next time try with a crit build with punch through and aim for the head will see then how one shoot kill; it will require some more formas to achive that but it worth it.

        Loading editor
    • Vauban Prime wrote:
      Darktenno wrote:
      You dont really have to compare latron with boltor. latron is a joke. 2 bolts from boltor does more dmg than 1 bullet from latron. and boltor is full auto with a 60 mag ad latron is semi with 15 mag.

      the only advantage of latron is it's hitscan. but an ape can hit running targets by just aiming a little bit ahead. and if u miss u see where the bolt hit and u can adjust your aim accordingly.

      even thought the boltor isnt as impressive as the ingame description says(it doesn't pin enemies to walls most of the time) is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than latron

      take some advice from the pro and throw your latron away after u max it to rank 30.

      unless your a noob who cant even aim. if thats the case then dont play warframe go play some noob games like candy crush or whatever

      Ah beside necroposting I can't help it to see this reply.

      Define Boltor Prime a pro weapon is one of the worse thing one can say, I'm not saying it sucks but it's way too easy mode, cookie cutter, pray and spray gun.

      Even the Soma require more skill than that.

      And if you build your Latron Prime with the same build as your Boltor Prime I can believe it sucks for you, next time try with a crit build with punch through and aim for the head will see then how one shoot kill; it will require some more formas to achive that but it worth it.

      +1.

      Boltor 4 skrubs.

        Loading editor
    • A Lone Tenno
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.