FANDOM


  • I have been debating which one of these is better for a while now and let's put the cost of creating aside and focus on damage output and how they hold in longer missions, I want something that can reliably put out damage, and also put trigger type aside, because I feel maybe the more pellets would raise dps with the pyranas high Crit but I have also noticed the good damage the Brakk slams out.

      Loading editor
    • brakk all the way. put in a few formas and this weapon will be a good companion even in late t4 missions. the pyrana has a decent burst damage, but don't even think about bringin it to 'real' enemies. #justmyhumbleopinionbackuppedbyoverthousandhouresofgameplay

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, the Pyrana is a joke if you compare the damage output on lvl 80+ enemies

      But it's harder to get

      An other good weapon is the (Vaykor) Marelock, 99% status chance and really high damages

        Loading editor
    • I don't know what these other guys are talking about with joke damage on the Pyrana because that is most certainly not the case. at a 108 base damage slash primarily with a 20% crit chance and 2x crit damage it literally turns the enemies into dog food. Also it has no fall off damage so while it may not be the most practical it can be used to fight enemies at a long range. That being said the brakk is more reliable for hitting a consistent damage type albiet fall off being extremely apperant on it. Niether is a status weapon as they both have shit status chance and since they are shotguns the status chance is basically non existent. It is really preference in this situation, but don't let these autistic brakk fanboys sway you from thinking the pyrana isn't top tier.

        Loading editor
    • @Thegoldenboomer, you know, I had no problem whatsoever with what you were saying until you used autism as an insult. That's all it takes to prove that someone is a ignorant moron. 

        Loading editor
    • Ok, I'll be completely honest here and now, so nobody has the right to tell me to jump off a cliff; I've used the Pyrana for a long time now and it's my favorite pistol shotgun to date. I am on the journey to obtaining the Brakk as we speak. I'm not a "fanboy" and I will gladly concede that the Pyrana's non-slash damage is bad, though not the worst. Honestly, I like the idea and performance of the Pyrana as a "barrage shotgun" and to me it's fun to blast holes in lightweight Grineer as I run past them. However, like I said, the Pyrana has pretty bad damage outside of slash. I've used it in hard missions, and I'll just say that once you reach enemy level 30, it falls apart. Of course, this is all my opinion. And I haven't used the Brakk yet, but I'll gladly give my opinion once I have.

        Loading editor
    • you talk about brakThegoldenboomer wrote:
      I don't know what these other guys are talking about with joke damage on the Pyrana because that is most certainly not the case. at a 108 base damage slash primarily with a 20% crit chance and 2x crit damage it literally turns the enemies into dog food. Also it has no fall off damage so while it may not be the most practical it can be used to fight enemies at a long range. That being said the brakk is more reliable for hitting a consistent damage type albiet fall off being extremely apperant on it. Niether is a status weapon as they both have shit status chance and since they are shotguns the status chance is basically non existent. It is really preference in this situation, but don't let these autistic brakk fanboys sway you from thinking the pyrana isn't top tier.

      You talk about brakk fanboys but you are just a pyrana fanboy. The ONLY redeming quality of the pyrana is the lack of damage fall off. As for its damage being a joke? the pyrana can't make it past 16K sustained damage and both have a decent status chance. So idk what you are smoking but sober up before posting.

      To the answer the question, the brakk will put out about 33% more burst damage(barring falloff) and 100% more sustained damage than the pyrana. You will be hard pressed to run out of amo with either of them but you will have to reload more often than with any other weapon in the game. One or both may recive a buff when DE starts buffing shotguns but that is just a maybe.

        Loading editor
    • PureXXX wrote:

      you talk about brakThegoldenboomer wrote:
      I don't know what these other guys are talking about with joke damage on the Pyrana because that is most certainly not the case. at a 108 base damage slash primarily with a 20% crit chance and 2x crit damage it literally turns the enemies into dog food. Also it has no fall off damage so while it may not be the most practical it can be used to fight enemies at a long range. That being said the brakk is more reliable for hitting a consistent damage type albiet fall off being extremely apperant on it. Niether is a status weapon as they both have shit status chance and since they are shotguns the status chance is basically non existent. It is really preference in this situation, but don't let these autistic brakk fanboys sway you from thinking the pyrana isn't top tier.

      You talk about brakk fanboys but you are just a pyrana fanboy. The ONLY redeming quality of the pyrana is the lack of damage fall off. As for its damage being a joke? the pyrana can't make it past 16K sustained damage and both have a decent status chance. So idk what you are smoking but sober up before posting.

      To the answer the question, the brakk will put out about 33% more burst damage(barring falloff) and 100% more sustained damage than the pyrana. You will be hard pressed to run out of amo with either of them but you will have to reload more often than with any other weapon in the game. One or both may recive a buff when DE starts buffing shotguns but that is just a maybe.

      My brakk has 6000 kills and 8% on it, my pyrana has 0% used and 300 kills, I am not a pyrana. As for your points, fall off on the brakk is actually so bad you do need to incorporate it into the total dps, you run out of ammo? Bring ammo pads and don't be retarded with your shots, with a proper build you should be able to consistently crit easily reaching brakk numbers, albeit at an inconsistent rate. You literally based your information off raw numbers rather than actual gameplay use. Maybe your shitty un formad in catalysted pyrana made you think that it was bad, but unless you actually use it you have no idea what you are talking about. I have a four forma brakk and pyrana, I know how to use the weapons

        Loading editor
    • Thegoldenboomer wrote:

      PureXXX wrote: You talk about brakk fanboys but you are just a pyrana fanboy. The ONLY redeming quality of the pyrana is the lack of damage fall off. As for its damage being a joke? the pyrana can't make it past 16K sustained damage and both have a decent status chance. So idk what you are smoking but sober up before posting.

      To the answer the question, the brakk will put out about 33% more burst damage(barring falloff) and 100% more sustained damage than the pyrana. You will be hard pressed to run out of amo with either of them but you will have to reload more often than with any other weapon in the game. One or both may recive a buff when DE starts buffing shotguns but that is just a maybe.

      My brakk has 6000 kills and 8% on it, my pyrana has 0% used and 300 kills, I am not a pyrana. As for your points, fall off on the brakk is actually so bad you do need to incorporate it into the total dps, you run out of ammo? Bring ammo pads and don't be retarded with your shots, with a proper build you should be able to consistently crit easily reaching brakk numbers, albeit at an inconsistent rate. You literally based your information off raw numbers rather than actual gameplay use. Maybe your shitty un formad in catalysted pyrana made you think that it was bad, but unless you actually use it you have no idea what you are talking about. I have a four forma brakk and pyrana, I know how to use the weapons

      I NEVER said the brakk was better, I was only answering the original question, read before posting. 

      i NEVER said they run out of amo, I said you had to reload a lot, read before quoting.

      The pyrana will not be "easily reaching brakk numbers" with crits because the brakk is also a crit weapon, they will have almost identical builds, reaserch before posting.

      Now for the love of god read what I wrote here (i even broke everything up you it would be easy for you)and go brush up with the brakk and pyrana you stupid fanboy.

        Loading editor
    • Can we stop the pissing contest please?

      Brakk has technically higher damage numbers based off crit and maximum output- It's gotten its reputation for good reason. If you want to try out a bit of a different type of weapon, Pyranna does more than enough damage.

      Touching on endgame material, if you're running a 4corrosiveprojection endless endgame content where enemies have a touch of death and exactly 0 armor, the inherent slash damage and independence-from-range damage of the pyranna will outshine the postion-dependent brakk. For general clearing and big numbers, walk up and slap them with your brakk.

        Loading editor
    • 24.96.173.18 wrote:
      Can we stop the pissing contest please?

      BUT I PISSED FURTHER THAN HIM!!!

        Loading editor
    • PureXXX wrote:
      24.96.173.18 wrote:
      Can we stop the pissing contest please?
      BUT I PISSED FURTHER THAN HIM!!!


      Farther*

        Loading editor
    • 20/20 hindsight, wow this Thread is old. oh well.

      both are not to dissimilar to each other. Pyrana can apply impressive Damage per shot if you can aim, and also can spray groups. Brakk is more consistent/reliable in it's Damage application. Pyrana has more effective Range.

      pick whichever really, both are a lot closer to each other than people like to suggest.

      PureXXX wrote:

      the pyrana can't make it past 16K sustained damage

      both have a decent status chance. So idk what you are smoking but sober up before posting.

      - because Pyrana is a Burst Damage Weapon. that's what it's supposed to do. "this is bad because it doesn't do what i wan to do" is a farce argument.

      - both have useless Status. Shotgun Status is a completely awful formula that makes Shotguns basically unable to apply Status. saying otherwise shows you know little about what's behind the curtains.

      also lay off the Youtube Comments attitude, thanks. both of you.

        Loading editor
    • MARA DETRON FOUR FORMAS BITCHES. RADIATION CORROSIVE BLAST

        Loading editor
    • Voice of the Fleshless Eyes wrote:
      MARA DETRON FOUR FORMAS BITCHES. RADIATION CORROSIVE BLAST

      which, btw, can get 10-15k per volley.

        Loading editor
    • - because Pyrana is a Burst Damage Weapon. that's what it's supposed to do. "this is bad because it doesn't do what i wan to do" is a farce argument.

      - both have useless Status. Shotgun Status is a completely awful formula that makes Shotguns basically unable to apply Status. saying otherwise shows you know little about what's behind the curtains.

      also lay off the Youtube Comments attitude, thanks. both of you.

      I will lay off the youtube atidude when you people learn to read. I don't play warframe much anymore so I don't know how the builds and damages have changed, if at all. However it doesn't invalidate what I said or make what you said any less stupid.

      Yes the pyrana is a burst weapon, so is the brakk, I adressed BOTH of those issues and their respective damage differences for sustained and burst damage. You are cherry-picking my comments and purposfuly taking my posts out of conext to make you argument. Go fucking read my posts before quoting me.

      Hell yeah this thread is old, so old that at the time we didn't even know shotguns had a different status formula. So yes, at the time of the post I didn't know what was going on behind the curtains, neither did you or anybody else for that matter. Going to a year old post and complaining that they didn't know something that was only found out after the post was made is one of the most stupid fucking things I have seen. 

      Good job man, you sure showed me with those superbly logical and thought out arguments.

      Try a-fucking-gain.

        Loading editor
    • Never used Brakk, but the Pyrana has better accuracy, multishot, and crit chance, along with slash damage instead of impact.

        Loading editor
    • Really the only problem with the Pyrana is the 2 second reload.  It has less flat damage than the Brakk, sure, but it has better crit, no damage fall-off, and by far the superior damage type (slash versus impact...).  I'll just go ahead and tell you straight up, brakk will win versus every faction for a while, but once you get up to 100+ infested/grineer/corrupted, Pyrana's going to start winning, just because it still does damage through armor, unlike the Brakk at that point.

      Status on shotguns is exactly what it says.  It's divided between the pellets, but this division does not take multishot mods into account (period, no, I'm not wrong on this) so it will do a decent amount of slash procs, but still, 10% status on a weapon that will only get out about 1.6 rounds per second tops is nothing to write home about.

      I suppose this could be a very impressive weapon on a Toxic Chroma, but other than that, I'd probably go for the Brakk or Mara Detron in most situations (And I even like [read: love] the AkMagnus with its 3 seconds reload... less than 33% "uptime" is just way too little to love...) because a 2 second reload on a clip that will empty in less than a second with a typical build is just way, way too much.  Add in the fact that slash procs don't take damage multipliers from the likes of Banshee into account and, well, mara detron all the way.

        Loading editor
    • To expand on the above, shotguns (both primary and secondary) have an exceedingly odd buggy quirk, in that if you can get the status proc chance up to 100% or above (not counting multishot mods) every single pellet will proc.  That can be very useful indeed on certain shotguns such as the Tigris Prime, and the Kohm.  The Kohm in particular can lay down about 150 procs per second if you saddle it up with all 4 dual stat mods, the acolyte status-after-ability-cast-while-aiming mod, and a nice vile acceleration and hell's chamber.

        Loading editor
    • Pyrana is one of the biggest trash weapons i ever had. It deals no dmg, has low status/crit and 2 sec reload time.

      While brakk has: More dmg, crit chance and MAINLY just 1 SECOND reload time which is the best part of it.

      Trust me, you will soon get cancer by that 2 sec reloads of the stupid pyrana.

        Loading editor
    • Pyrana is hardly a joke. Only downside is the slow reload, compensated for by having no damage dropoff, unlike all other shotguns-style weapons including Brakk. Brakk is better overall just because of the better close range damage and shorter reload. You'd build them similarly.

      If you want the best secondary - Akstiletto Prime, assuming you don't build it like a potato. There are other good ones, though.

        Loading editor
    • 67.166.209.32 wrote:
      Pyrana is hardly a joke. Only downside is the slow reload, compensated for by having no damage dropoff, unlike all other shotguns-style weapons including Brakk. Brakk is better overall just because of the better close range damage and shorter reload. You'd build them similarly.

      If you want the best secondary - Akstiletto Prime, assuming you don't build it like a potato. There are other good ones, though.

      lex prime is a beast when modded correctly and handy for range if you use an amprex or a shotgun as primary

        Loading editor
    • The pyrana is one of the best slash type pistols in the game , better than the vasto prime as far as base dmg and crit chance go . The brakk is NOT the best impact pistol , take your pick on this troll question . How the fk do you compare slash vs impact ?/?  Anyway neither are inspiring with damage or crit or status . Well nothing worth a potatoe and even 1 forma , seriously . But they'll both get you thru the starchart i suppose . This game has got secondaries , that when properly modded leave the majority of primaries  gathering dust , these tho ? Nah these aren't on that list . I would like to know the name of the puncture based pellet pistol and dont say bronco ,thats a slug pistol .

        Loading editor
    • 3 words my friend: you damn right

      slash good for flesh and just a raw damage on machine

      impact good on machine but not on flesh

        Loading editor
    • A Lone Tenno
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.