FANDOM


    • The Stug will most likely out-shine the embolist if going with just the following mods and a catalyst only on both weapons:

      Convulsion

      Pathogen Round

      Hornet Strike

      Barrel Diffusion

      Lethal Torrent

      Both seem to work GREAT with magnum force, and the Embolist can benefit from a Seeker mod to be like a mini Ingis where as Gunslinger can make firing bigger globs faster as well as make landing a multi round size globs on top of a shot glob before it detonates in order to stack damage easier.

      What I guess will make the stug outshine the Embolist is DoT on an enemy, comparing firing range, and AoE radius against a group upon detonation. The Embolist is stuck at 7m from the player where that similar range is put into what I think is the AoE range of the globs. Anyone feel like agreeing/disagreeing to this opinion?

        Loading editor
    • IDK because I have the PS4 version and we dont get any UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!

        Loading editor
    • just get a proper gaming platform, also known as computer :D

        Loading editor
    • DealerC wrote:

      Both seem to work GREAT with magnum force, and the Embolist can benefit from a Seeker mod to be like a mini Ingis where as Gunslinger can make firing bigger globs faster as well as make landing a multi round size globs on top of a shot glob before it detonates in order to stack damage easier.

      What I guess will make the stug outshine the Embolist is DoT on an enemy, comparing firing range, and AoE radius against a group upon detonation. The Embolist is stuck at 7m from the player where that similar range is put into what I think is the AoE range of the globs. Anyone feel like agreeing/disagreeing to this opinion?

      I don't think Embolist actually needs Seeker.

      The other disadvantage of Stug is the detonation speed when you're running through a mission with team mates. Your team is going shoot them down in an instant with bullets while your glob is still waiting to detonate. 

      Embolist also has high enough proc due to fire rate that you can actually rely on it, so you can knock down entire groups with Blast or slow anything with Cold. You don't have to panic while being stormed due to the proc, but you'll probably end up killing yourself with Stug if you have no room to run.

        Loading editor
    • 66.183.26.124 wrote:
      DealerC wrote:
      Both seem to work GREAT with magnum force, and the Embolist can benefit from a Seeker mod to be like a mini Ingis where as Gunslinger can make firing bigger globs faster as well as make landing a multi round size globs on top of a shot glob before it detonates in order to stack damage easier.

      What I guess will make the stug outshine the Embolist is DoT on an enemy, comparing firing range, and AoE radius against a group upon detonation. The Embolist is stuck at 7m from the player where that similar range is put into what I think is the AoE range of the globs. Anyone feel like agreeing/disagreeing to this opinion?

      I don't think Embolist actually needs Seeker.

      The other disadvantage of Stug is the detonation speed when you're running through a mission with team mates. Your team is going shoot them down in an instant with bullets while your glob is still waiting to detonate. 

      Embolist also has high enough proc due to fire rate that you can actually rely on it, so you can knock down entire groups with Blast or slow anything with Cold. You don't have to panic while being stormed due to the proc, but you'll probably end up killing yourself with Stug if you have no room to run.

      True, but what is gonna count in using either weapon is range from the enemy factoin-wise. With the embolist, I'd say it wins against infested because all they do is swarm, and will tie against the corpus due to MOAs sometimes closing in(esp. the fusions) and sadistic cattle prod crewmen, until misions are more high-end and players need the range to live, but will be less useful agianst the grineer, from low to high end, since only melee mobs of grineer need to close in. They arent gonna jsut let someone walk within 8 meters without a shield to eh face and firing on all cylinders, so range is the deal breaker between the two, plus the stug has nice Dot ticks and an AoE, like an Acird(1.0 old school) and Ogris/Penta in one gun. We also cannot forget the ammo consumption. The Stug will likely last longer as well as deliver the high damage to an enemy.

      As for Seeker, Seeker is just optional to be sure that whatever is behind an enemy or wall is pepper mace'd to death. Its a blasty blast in a half on the embolist in infested survivals, like lv 45+ and Ancients like no tomorrow taking up a good chunk of the AoE cone's space.


      Edit: just checked the article on the Embolist and saw this so i recant my opinion about the mod, but still stand on my say about the stug*hits WF to change build*:

      • Seeker (punch through) does not affect the Embolist since it can already puncture up to its maximum range.
        Loading editor
    • DealerC wrote:
      66.183.26.124 wrote:
      DealerC wrote:
      Both seem to work GREAT with magnum force, and the Embolist can benefit from a Se...
      I don't think Embolist actually needs Seeker.

      The other disadvan...

      True, but what is gonna count in using either weapon is range from the enemy factoin-wise. With the embolist, I'd s...

      Actually, now that I've used the Stug a bit more, I think the range and damage per shot really makes up for everything as you said. I was playing with a Embolist with formas and a catalyst and I was getting knocked over by the Heavies and Shields a lot. And the ammo definitely held up on the Stug, even though I was spamming it with lowly modded damage. Even though it only took a single shot per enemy from the Embolist.

      I'm just sad that my formas and catalyst on Embolist were essentially wasted, really... I was so positive that would be my best secondary, haha

        Loading editor
    • 66.183.26.124 wrote:
      DealerC wrote:
      66.183.26.124 wrote:
      DealerC wrote:
      Both seem to work GREAT with magnum force, and the Embolist can benefit from a Se...
      I don't think Embolist actually needs Seeker.

      The other disadvan...

      True, but what is gonna count in using either weapon is range from the enemy factoin-wise. With the embolist, I'd s...
      Actually, now that I've used the Stug a bit more, I think the range and damage per shot really makes up for everything as you said. I was playing with a Embolist with formas and a catalyst and I was getting knocked over by the Heavies and Shields a lot. And the ammo definitely held up on the Stug, even though I was spamming it with lowly modded damage. Even though it only took a single shot per enemy from the Embolist.

      I'm just sad that my formas and catalyst on Embolist were essentially wasted, really... I was so positive that would be my best secondary, haha

      Nah, the only thing that would make people sad about their multi-forma'd Embolists(including myself, can't help wanting possible full potential so i'm not blaming the weapon for anything) and Stugs is if--well I won't jinx it. If anything, players now have more sidearm kings to play with having the Brakk being 1st, Embolist and Stug for 2nd/3rd and Acrid for 4th(i'm holding out for it still, but won't cry about it). I only fear that the Stug, at the very least, may wind up getting a mastery requirement to use and THAT is all.

        Loading editor
    • you all forget detron ?

        Loading editor
    • Despair still my favorite and most reliable side arm....The DPS is not too shabby with 100% accuracy.

      I usually like weapons with high DPS....As survivals are my favorite maps to play.

      Dual Cestras, Wraith Twin Vipers have really high DPS...I just do not like that all that much.


      A good side arm I personally like outside the Despair is the Marelok. Has High DPS and that 95.1% status chance if you use both event mods is awesome!

        Loading editor
    • You guys don't know the Marelok.

      The gun with the highest base damage of all secondary. Scales very well with elementary mods.

      3 forma : 4.300 corrosive, 95% status, high accuracy even at very long range, hitscan, quick reload.

      anyway, everyone use was he likes most.

        Loading editor
    • Emboilst is very close range so anything that that can targets without going reaaaaaaaaaaaaallyyyyyyy close to your target

      EDIT: *kill targets without going...

        Loading editor
    • Castanas =D

        Loading editor
    • Stug??????????????????????????

        Loading editor
    • In terms of maximized SPDS, BDPS AND Damage per shot: Yes, there are more than plenty of secondaries that surpass the embolist

        Loading editor
    • lol the brakk is shit and always has been

        Loading editor
    • Marelok.

        Loading editor
    • TH3 L3IG3ND wrote:
      lol the brakk is shit and always has been


      It had been when it was released but it's not now, its actually one of the best weapons in the game (since a shotgun using pistol mods is pretty damn overkill).

        Loading editor
    • Meh stub and detron still got better dps and are Mitch more effective

        Loading editor
    • A simple answer : NO !

        Loading editor
    • XLighterShadowX wrote:
      TH3 L3IG3ND wrote:
      lol the brakk is shit and always has been

      It had been when it was released but it's not now, its actually one of the best weapons in the game (since a shotgun using pistol mods is pretty damn overkill).

      Actually thae brakk was better at the release because after a few week they nerfed (significant damage over range nerf). But still i love my brakk(3 forma). I can 2 shot a rhino with 1000 / 880 and 1600 ironskin.

        Loading editor
    • the embolist is agood weapon? the last time i take a look at it, it was the worst secondary of the game!!! dmg 2.0 change a lot of thing...

      better than embolist... despait? wraith viper? marelock?

        Loading editor
    • lol I am surprised this thread got rez'd. XD A lot of these comments are looking at information that is four months outdated with more and more sidearms being viable candidates... well minus the detron(looking at the above comments). Reason being its about on par in dps w the bronco prime and its advantage is also its weakness. I'm referring to that base radiation, making it only strong against grineer. It can work on others but corpus shields and all but the healer ancients keep that gun from being a good contributor..

      (^forgot to type that part^)

      82.232.108.163 wrote:

      the embolist is agood weapon? the last time i take a look at it, it was the worst secondary of the game!!! dmg 2.0 change a lot of thing...

      better than embolist... despait? wraith viper? marelock?

      The embolist is like an acrid+ignis-DoT IMO and I have gotten pretty far in the damage 2.0 level with it on infested maps (while having potential w corpus(toxin bypasses shields)), but I can see a possible 'why' for people to preffer longer ranged weapons: Range = safety... and the WIERD thing is that, dps-wise, the Marelok is close to the Sicarus Prime in sustained dps(a small bit better, albeit, but close), so a Sicarus Prime is a fair substitute if one doesn't have a marelok yet. http://goo.gl/ORAxJu http://goo.gl/8CzUCf Also, the Wraith Twin Vipers are an exclusive weapon that that an increasing number of people may not have(and came after this was made), so they wouldnt be on my list for comparison out of fairness.

        Loading editor
    • Marelok>Braak

        Loading editor
    • Brakk*

        Loading editor
    • A Lone Tenno
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.