FANDOM


  • So, I've been doing research on the whole thing surrounding founders accounts and Excalibur Prime. Apparently, quite a few founders have sold their accounts for a very large amount of cash. I know it's banned by DE and some of those sold may have been banned, but since this is happening, does anyone else think this might make a pretty good case to release Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime to the general public? Yes, I know DE said they wouldn't do that, but 1. they aren't contractually obligated to follow it and 2. Since many founders have sold their accounts for top dollar, they litterally betrayed DE. Thoughts?

      Loading editor
    • 67.79.21.178 wrote:
      So, I've been doing research on the whole thing surrounding founders accounts and Excalibur Prime. Apparently, quite a few founders have sold their accounts for a very large amount of cash. I know it's banned by DE and some of those sold may have been banned, but since this is happening, does anyone else think this might make a pretty good case to release Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime to the general public? Yes, I know DE said they wouldn't do that, but 1. they aren't contractually obligated to follow it and 2. Since many founders have sold their accounts for top dollar, they litterally betrayed DE. Thoughts?

      Most founders I've spoken to in 2018 have bought their accounts, at a price lower than Prime Access prices so it's not that much. I could get an Excal Prime acc for cheaper than Limbo Prime Access right this moment.

        Loading editor
    • You are certainly correct, some (more like many) of those who sold the accounts had the accounts banned, the suddent change in ip, machine id, email changes and flagged machines are among the most common red flags that ultimately makes the account banned, often locked due to suspicious activity.

      DE will not release founders content when founders are selling the accounts, since that's an unallowed behavior, DE is also rewarding founders, just like they reward players who did events and got emblems, there is always something to show others, you can always claim "i have been there" or "i did this specific thing", excalibur prime and prime weapons are to show other players that the user is not only a founder, but one that has purchased a certain founders pack, it's a reward for the effort.

      DE credibility is also at stake, releasing excal prime may make you happy, but it will make many players leave due to the backstab and so DE has decided in a way that is fair for everyone, if you want the excall gameplay, get the regular version, DE will not make it available anymore.

      Do not try to buy accounts, as they often end up banned shortly after, even with vpns, emails and carefull planing on who does what and where, they are often banned due to reports of other players (like myself), while you may see acounts being sold left and right, topics with the tag "sold" are often an indicator that the user can't recover the account anymore, but players keep pestering him, so he places the "sold" state and locks the topic to avoid duzzens of PMs but also to avoid players who bought the accounts from complaining afterwards in said topic (due to the ban). This is extremely common, accounts sold are banned and those that appear to be sold are simply banned to the point the seller gave up trying to argue with support.

      They may have all these tricks with bluring the name, using vpns, alternate emails, it doesn't work as well as you might think

      You want instant gratification i get it, but you are twisting things up, forget about account transfers (for your own good) and forget about them being a good reason for DE to betray the fouding community.

      Your opinion isn't necessary, DE final word will stand, like it or not.

        Loading editor
    • 85.139.142.231 wrote:
      You are certainly correct, some (more like many) of those who sold the accounts had the accounts banned, the suddent change in ip, machine id, email changes and flagged machines are among the most common red flags that ultimately makes the account banned, often locked due to suspicious activity.

      DE will not release founders content when founders are selling the accounts, since that's an unallowed behavior, DE is also rewarding founders, just like they reward players who did events and got emblems, there is always something to show others, you can always claim "i have been there" or "i did this specific thing", excalibur prime and prime weapons are to show other players that the user is not only a founder, but one that has purchased a certain founders pack, it's a reward for the effort.

      DE credibility is also at stake, releasing excal prime may make you happy, but it will make many players leave due to the backstab and so DE has decided in a way that is fair for everyone, if you want the excall gameplay, get the regular version, DE will not make it available anymore.

      Do not try to buy accounts, as they often end up banned shortly after, even with vpns, emails and carefull planing on who does what and where, they are often banned due to reports of other players (like myself), while you may see acounts being sold left and right, topics with the tag "sold" are often an indicator that the user can't recover the account anymore, but players keep pestering him, so he places the "sold" state and locks the topic to avoid duzzens of PMs but also to avoid players who bought the accounts from complaining afterwards in said topic (due to the ban). This is extremely common, accounts sold are banned and those that appear to be sold are simply banned to the point the seller gave up trying to argue with support.

      They may have all these tricks with bluring the name, using vpns, alternate emails, it doesn't work as well as you might think

      You want instant gratification i get it, but you are twisting things up, forget about account transfers (for your own good) and forget about them being a good reason for DE to betray the fouding community.

      Your opinion isn't necessary, DE final word will stand, like it or not.

      The reason why people look into buying founders accounts isn't because "they're lazy" or want "instant gratification" but because founders tend to act entitled beyond belief, and people are sick and tired of hearing about it.

      I don't know how many times I've had to founders from my clan for hitting the AFK limit just to get a DM along the lines of "you're kicking a founder from your clan, you know how bad that makes it look".

      Our opinion is necessary, we are their consumers, we pay for their product. Unless you want them to start lying about things like drop rates again. (Cough cough forma cough cough)

        Loading editor
    • 173.26.48.181 wrote:
      85.139.142.231 wrote:
      You are certainly correct, some (more like many) of those who sold the accounts had the accounts banned, the suddent change in ip, machine id, email changes and flagged machines are among the most common red flags that ultimately makes the account banned, often locked due to suspicious activity.

      DE will not release founders content when founders are selling the accounts, since that's an unallowed behavior, DE is also rewarding founders, just like they reward players who did events and got emblems, there is always something to show others, you can always claim "i have been there" or "i did this specific thing", excalibur prime and prime weapons are to show other players that the user is not only a founder, but one that has purchased a certain founders pack, it's a reward for the effort.

      DE credibility is also at stake, releasing excal prime may make you happy, but it will make many players leave due to the backstab and so DE has decided in a way that is fair for everyone, if you want the excall gameplay, get the regular version, DE will not make it available anymore.

      Do not try to buy accounts, as they often end up banned shortly after, even with vpns, emails and carefull planing on who does what and where, they are often banned due to reports of other players (like myself), while you may see acounts being sold left and right, topics with the tag "sold" are often an indicator that the user can't recover the account anymore, but players keep pestering him, so he places the "sold" state and locks the topic to avoid duzzens of PMs but also to avoid players who bought the accounts from complaining afterwards in said topic (due to the ban). This is extremely common, accounts sold are banned and those that appear to be sold are simply banned to the point the seller gave up trying to argue with support.

      They may have all these tricks with bluring the name, using vpns, alternate emails, it doesn't work as well as you might think

      You want instant gratification i get it, but you are twisting things up, forget about account transfers (for your own good) and forget about them being a good reason for DE to betray the fouding community.

      Your opinion isn't necessary, DE final word will stand, like it or not.

      The reason why people look into buying founders accounts isn't because "they're lazy" or want "instant gratification" but because founders tend to act entitled beyond belief, and people are sick and tired of hearing about it.

      I don't know how many times I've had to founders from my clan for hitting the AFK limit just to get a DM along the lines of "you're kicking a founder from your clan, you know how bad that makes it look".

      Our opinion is necessary, we are their consumers, we pay for their product. Unless you want them to start lying about things like drop rates again. (Cough cough forma cough cough)

      You sound like a baby boomer that blames millenials for everything. I've never met a founder that is like that at all wtf.

        Loading editor
    • 96.41.50.166 wrote:
      173.26.48.181 wrote:
      85.139.142.231 wrote:
      You are certainly correct, some (more like many) of those who sold the accounts had the accounts banned, the suddent change in ip, machine id, email changes and flagged machines are among the most common red flags that ultimately makes the account banned, often locked due to suspicious activity.

      DE will not release founders content when founders are selling the accounts, since that's an unallowed behavior, DE is also rewarding founders, just like they reward players who did events and got emblems, there is always something to show others, you can always claim "i have been there" or "i did this specific thing", excalibur prime and prime weapons are to show other players that the user is not only a founder, but one that has purchased a certain founders pack, it's a reward for the effort.

      DE credibility is also at stake, releasing excal prime may make you happy, but it will make many players leave due to the backstab and so DE has decided in a way that is fair for everyone, if you want the excall gameplay, get the regular version, DE will not make it available anymore.

      Do not try to buy accounts, as they often end up banned shortly after, even with vpns, emails and carefull planing on who does what and where, they are often banned due to reports of other players (like myself), while you may see acounts being sold left and right, topics with the tag "sold" are often an indicator that the user can't recover the account anymore, but players keep pestering him, so he places the "sold" state and locks the topic to avoid duzzens of PMs but also to avoid players who bought the accounts from complaining afterwards in said topic (due to the ban). This is extremely common, accounts sold are banned and those that appear to be sold are simply banned to the point the seller gave up trying to argue with support.

      They may have all these tricks with bluring the name, using vpns, alternate emails, it doesn't work as well as you might think

      You want instant gratification i get it, but you are twisting things up, forget about account transfers (for your own good) and forget about them being a good reason for DE to betray the fouding community.

      Your opinion isn't necessary, DE final word will stand, like it or not.

      The reason why people look into buying founders accounts isn't because "they're lazy" or want "instant gratification" but because founders tend to act entitled beyond belief, and people are sick and tired of hearing about it.

      I don't know how many times I've had to founders from my clan for hitting the AFK limit just to get a DM along the lines of "you're kicking a founder from your clan, you know how bad that makes it look".

      Our opinion is necessary, we are their consumers, we pay for their product. Unless you want them to start lying about things like drop rates again. (Cough cough forma cough cough)

      You sound like a baby boomer that blames millenials for everything. I've never met a founder that is like that at all wtf.

      Congrats, you made it political when it didn't have to be. I have met founders like this, I myself am a founder. Trust me, they exist, and are very annoying.

        Loading editor
    • 75.188.222.222 wrote:
      96.41.50.166 wrote:
      173.26.48.181 wrote:
      85.139.142.231 wrote:
      You are certainly correct, some (more like many) of those who sold the accounts had the accounts banned, the suddent change in ip, machine id, email changes and flagged machines are among the most common red flags that ultimately makes the account banned, often locked due to suspicious activity.

      DE will not release founders content when founders are selling the accounts, since that's an unallowed behavior, DE is also rewarding founders, just like they reward players who did events and got emblems, there is always something to show others, you can always claim "i have been there" or "i did this specific thing", excalibur prime and prime weapons are to show other players that the user is not only a founder, but one that has purchased a certain founders pack, it's a reward for the effort.

      DE credibility is also at stake, releasing excal prime may make you happy, but it will make many players leave due to the backstab and so DE has decided in a way that is fair for everyone, if you want the excall gameplay, get the regular version, DE will not make it available anymore.

      Do not try to buy accounts, as they often end up banned shortly after, even with vpns, emails and carefull planing on who does what and where, they are often banned due to reports of other players (like myself), while you may see acounts being sold left and right, topics with the tag "sold" are often an indicator that the user can't recover the account anymore, but players keep pestering him, so he places the "sold" state and locks the topic to avoid duzzens of PMs but also to avoid players who bought the accounts from complaining afterwards in said topic (due to the ban). This is extremely common, accounts sold are banned and those that appear to be sold are simply banned to the point the seller gave up trying to argue with support.

      They may have all these tricks with bluring the name, using vpns, alternate emails, it doesn't work as well as you might think

      You want instant gratification i get it, but you are twisting things up, forget about account transfers (for your own good) and forget about them being a good reason for DE to betray the fouding community.

      Your opinion isn't necessary, DE final word will stand, like it or not.

      The reason why people look into buying founders accounts isn't because "they're lazy" or want "instant gratification" but because founders tend to act entitled beyond belief, and people are sick and tired of hearing about it.

      I don't know how many times I've had to founders from my clan for hitting the AFK limit just to get a DM along the lines of "you're kicking a founder from your clan, you know how bad that makes it look".

      Our opinion is necessary, we are their consumers, we pay for their product. Unless you want them to start lying about things like drop rates again. (Cough cough forma cough cough)

      You sound like a baby boomer that blames millenials for everything. I've never met a founder that is like that at all wtf.
      Congrats, you made it political when it didn't have to be. I have met founders like this, I myself am a founder. Trust me, they exist, and are very annoying.

      Forget founders, have you met some people with high MR? They speed rank everything to act high and mighty with less than 500 hours in game telling others what to do because of their MR lol. Back to OP's question tho. No I do not think DE should release excalibur prime for the masses. It was a founder exclusive and should remain to be like that. We didn't dish out that cash to help the game grow.

        Loading editor
    • Well, of course they exist.  Im a founder myself. I never acted that way and i havent met any founders that act that way. But of course there will be some. Most people were happy to have me around since they never met one.  And i was like " Uhm. Thats not a big thing. I supported the game and i wanted the stuff. That doesnt change anything. Since many support the game too, just without Founders"


      Also the more annoying people are the ones, who think that they know better with their 300 hours than someone else with 3000 hours. Of course thats possible too if that one with 3000 hours didnt pay attention or bought the account.  Im not very good player, neither am i a really bad one. Comparing hours, MR.. im a bad player for these amount of hours and  MR. But as long as people enjoy the game its fine.


      Still i think they shouldnt release Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime and Skana Prime. If they would release it many people would be happy. But like almost nobody would use them anyway. You have Umbra Excalibur and also better Secondarys and Melee weapons. They would end up as mastery fodder. 

      Founder Stuff should stay Founder exclusive. I appreciate Founders in other games since they helped to keep the games alive. And the exclusive stuff is completely okay. Its not even OP :) 

        Loading editor
    • My thoughts:

      1. DE created a verbal contract by saying they wouldn't release ExPrime ever again.

      2. You're an Excalibur main.

      3. No matter how valid the reasoning, someone's going to insist that they be allowed a special opportunity to accquire ExPrime as if they were the first person to bring it up because they're not. Because a company's reputation and integrity take second place to what the individual wants. I'm not saying that trying to convince a developer to compromise its integrity so you can get what you want is selfish, but it can very easily be perceived that way even if you throw in "for the greater good" into your argument.

        Loading editor
    • Doesn't Excalibur Umbra kind of solve the issue of the people wanting Prime-tier stats anyways?

        Loading editor
    • As a Grand Master Founder and owner of Excalibur, Lato, and Skana Prime yes they did "solve" the issue of people wanting prime tier stats since the Umbra is insultingly better. As far as DE releasing a Prime Lato, Skana, and Excalibur because some people sold their accounts "betraying" DE......We as founders financed the game in it's infancy and just because some founders sold their account doesn't mean that they somehow went back in the past and unfinanced the game. It's honestly no surprise that people want something they can't have though. Why not reach out for everything we gained from being founders.....like a headband or T-shirt that was mailed to the Master/Grandmaster founders or the Founder Accolades and Solar Landmarks. I do hope people enjoy the game, but certainly don't think it's very nice to put all founders in a box of "betrayal" because some people sold their founder accounts. To be quite honest the Excalibur Prime isn't really all that impressive. They're just status icons at this point due to the way the game has developed into something entirely different over the years. I can't attain a higher MR than other players because of the items or anything.

      So while I can say I'm sorry you weren't there/able to help at the start, you can continue to support the game by purchasing or spending platinum in the game. There is constantly new content coming out with many hours of gameplay to achieve. Best of luck and have fun!

        Loading editor
    • Who really cares? Umbra Excaliber is twice as good as Prime and is free.

        Loading editor
    • people want excalibur prime after umbra's release for three reasons;

      a) style, the void key face and basic body may be a turn off for some, but that's what some people like about excalibur prime.

      b) absolute completionists, they want everything the game has to offer and won't stop playing until they've done that. by everything i mean everything, discontinued items, skins, mods, and so on.

      c) prestige, although this would become a moot point if excalibur prime is released again as his rarity will plummet immediately.

      there's no middle ground to the excalibur prime solution available; do you release him again against the founder's will or do you keep him locked away and upset completionists? i personally would not mind a re-release, but i get where people are coming from about him remaining in the prime vault forever.

        Loading editor
    • I kinda dislike Umbra simply because the frame won't take healing (at least as of last I checked) while you out of it running around with your operator

        Loading editor
    • I am one of those founders who sold his acc for 3700 dollars. No regrets lol.

        Loading editor
    • I've played the game in and out since launch, would never in my life sell my Exca Prime, nor the account ingeneral

        Loading editor
    • I'm one of those people who loves to collect everything the game has to offer (yes, I even bought the Mesa Prime accessories pack). 

      Sadly, I wasn't around when Excalibur Prime, and his weapons were dropped to the small public that was playing the game at the time. Even though as much I want it, I have to face it that I can not have it - even if I bought an account I'd be on a constant risk at getting banned at any moment.

      I've started the game a little bit over 1000 days ago, every day. I've spent approx. 1600 hours (mission time) in the game, most of it formaing, and making builds. But that's not the point.

      I'd love to own an Excal Prime so freaking much, it's incredible... but, I think about it and I'm happy that so many people Founded the game back in 2013, and those who care: Founders (from my experience - I'm MR27 btw) not entitled at all, they're normal players like everyone else. Some quiet, some talkitive - that again depends on the person.

        Loading editor
    • You know the irony is, as a Founder myself, that I've received more hate from non-founders than I've heard of Founders being hateful. On multiple occasions if I dare use my Excalibur Prime in a game I get called a show off and slammed. People mock Excalibur Prime now because Umbra has the same stats and like to make fun of Founders because we "got screwed" and we get made fun of for still using it.

      I think what it really boils down to is just jealousy, and if people are that envious they need to attack people then that's on them. Generalizing all Founders as evil people is just wrong. Two nights ago someone was making fun of me because I was using a Wisp and I told them I didn't have an Augur Secrets when they provoked me for not having super high Wisp buffs, "you're a founder and don't have all the good mods? lol retard". So yeah, you think we don't deal with enough crap already?

      I'm friends we a lot of Founders and they are super nice people. If I ever run into one we like instantly add each other. On a side note I've been approached multiple times to sell my account. People offering anywhere from $140 to $2100. I tell them no. I am very prideful of my longtime with this game, but I'm by no means arrogant to people either.

        Loading editor
    • Im a founder and im a noob xD i barly use Excalibur Prime - simply because i dont like that frame :) Umbra is more useful because he actually do something when using Operator xD

        Loading editor
    • I am making around 3-5k monthly buying and reselling warframe accounts, I am one of the top traders on a very well known trading site currently. If i get a founders account - they sell incredibly good hunters acc goes easily for 1.2k, master - 1.8k, grandmaster 2.2k+.

      People are afraid to buy from no name sellers and they come to people with rep, therefor its an incredibly source of profit.

      90% of founders acc I sold got not banned and are still active. Cheers.

        Loading editor
    • 178.4.197.17 wrote:
      I am making around 3-5k monthly buying and reselling warframe accounts, I am one of the top traders on a very well known trading site currently. If i get a founders account - they sell incredibly good hunters acc goes easily for 1.2k, master - 1.8k, grandmaster 2.2k+.

      People are afraid to buy from no name sellers and they come to people with rep, therefor its an incredibly source of profit.

      90% of founders acc I sold got not banned and are still active. Cheers.

      I am making several reports monthly regarding the buying or selling of warframe accounts, i am one of the top players reporting said accounts on several well known trading sites, if i see accounts that can be reported, i reported them instantly, regardless of blurry names, no clan and lack of other information

      Players are afraid to sell in some cases since what they have sold no longer exists, even reputable sellers who get their reputation by dismissing issues (or by flooding the topics with bumps so that the complaint gets forgotten), by making sure the reputation comes only from the transaction and not for what happens a few weeks later, or by asking moderation to remove bad rep.

      90% of the accounts reported belong to a topic that is marked as "sold", meaning that sold icon is often to dismiss buyers into PMing users on the long term, or the account was indeed sold, but no longer exists

      100% of the accounts reported so far do not exist or exist in a matter it can't be used, this to avoid entire clans to crumble due to "founder warlord" status

      Many top sellers gave up on selling warframe accounts, it's a non lucrative business with alot of complaints that need to be moderated under the pretext "account was fine during transaction"

        Loading editor
    • 75.188.222.222 wrote:
      96.41.50.166 wrote:
      173.26.48.181 wrote:
      85.139.142.231 wrote:
      You are certainly correct, some (more like many) of those who sold the accounts had the accounts banned, the suddent change in ip, machine id, email changes and flagged machines are among the most common red flags that ultimately makes the account banned, often locked due to suspicious activity.

      DE will not release founders content when founders are selling the accounts, since that's an unallowed behavior, DE is also rewarding founders, just like they reward players who did events and got emblems, there is always something to show others, you can always claim "i have been there" or "i did this specific thing", excalibur prime and prime weapons are to show other players that the user is not only a founder, but one that has purchased a certain founders pack, it's a reward for the effort.

      DE credibility is also at stake, releasing excal prime may make you happy, but it will make many players leave due to the backstab and so DE has decided in a way that is fair for everyone, if you want the excall gameplay, get the regular version, DE will not make it available anymore.

      Do not try to buy accounts, as they often end up banned shortly after, even with vpns, emails and carefull planing on who does what and where, they are often banned due to reports of other players (like myself), while you may see acounts being sold left and right, topics with the tag "sold" are often an indicator that the user can't recover the account anymore, but players keep pestering him, so he places the "sold" state and locks the topic to avoid duzzens of PMs but also to avoid players who bought the accounts from complaining afterwards in said topic (due to the ban). This is extremely common, accounts sold are banned and those that appear to be sold are simply banned to the point the seller gave up trying to argue with support.

      They may have all these tricks with bluring the name, using vpns, alternate emails, it doesn't work as well as you might think

      You want instant gratification i get it, but you are twisting things up, forget about account transfers (for your own good) and forget about them being a good reason for DE to betray the fouding community.

      Your opinion isn't necessary, DE final word will stand, like it or not.

      The reason why people look into buying founders accounts isn't because "they're lazy" or want "instant gratification" but because founders tend to act entitled beyond belief, and people are sick and tired of hearing about it.

      I don't know how many times I've had to founders from my clan for hitting the AFK limit just to get a DM along the lines of "you're kicking a founder from your clan, you know how bad that makes it look".

      Our opinion is necessary, we are their consumers, we pay for their product. Unless you want them to start lying about things like drop rates again. (Cough cough forma cough cough)

      You sound like a baby boomer that blames millenials for everything. I've never met a founder that is like that at all wtf.
      Congrats, you made it political when it didn't have to be. I have met founders like this, I myself am a founder. Trust me, they exist, and are very annoying.

      dude ia m a founder too, and i have MANY friends especially clan members who have founder packs and have played in the closed beta when 5 man missions was a thing and NONE of us are like that ​​​​

        Loading editor
    • i also get forma allt he time

        Loading editor
    • I've been playing since May 29th 2013, and I do not regret not buying Excal Prime, I wasn't quite ready to plunge money into the game at that time. I'm happy for all the founders who were able to support the game and I think Excalibur Prime should kept as a founder exclusive, regardless of what other people think.DE Made a promise and they should keep it. Just because we had a couple bad eggs, doesn't mean the whole basket is infected. We should be thanking founders for supporting this game and helping it grow up into the great free to play it is today! 

        Loading editor
    • 75.188.222.222 wrote:
      96.41.50.166 wrote:
      173.26.48.181 wrote:
      85.139.142.231 wrote:
      You are certainly correct, some (more like many) of those who sold the accounts had the accounts banned, the suddent change in ip, machine id, email changes and flagged machines are among the most common red flags that ultimately makes the account banned, often locked due to suspicious activity.

      DE will not release founders content when founders are selling the accounts, since that's an unallowed behavior, DE is also rewarding founders, just like they reward players who did events and got emblems, there is always something to show others, you can always claim "i have been there" or "i did this specific thing", excalibur prime and prime weapons are to show other players that the user is not only a founder, but one that has purchased a certain founders pack, it's a reward for the effort.

      DE credibility is also at stake, releasing excal prime may make you happy, but it will make many players leave due to the backstab and so DE has decided in a way that is fair for everyone, if you want the excall gameplay, get the regular version, DE will not make it available anymore.

      Do not try to buy accounts, as they often end up banned shortly after, even with vpns, emails and carefull planing on who does what and where, they are often banned due to reports of other players (like myself), while you may see acounts being sold left and right, topics with the tag "sold" are often an indicator that the user can't recover the account anymore, but players keep pestering him, so he places the "sold" state and locks the topic to avoid duzzens of PMs but also to avoid players who bought the accounts from complaining afterwards in said topic (due to the ban). This is extremely common, accounts sold are banned and those that appear to be sold are simply banned to the point the seller gave up trying to argue with support.

      They may have all these tricks with bluring the name, using vpns, alternate emails, it doesn't work as well as you might think

      You want instant gratification i get it, but you are twisting things up, forget about account transfers (for your own good) and forget about them being a good reason for DE to betray the fouding community.

      Your opinion isn't necessary, DE final word will stand, like it or not.

      The reason why people look into buying founders accounts isn't because "they're lazy" or want "instant gratification" but because founders tend to act entitled beyond belief, and people are sick and tired of hearing about it.

      I don't know how many times I've had to founders from my clan for hitting the AFK limit just to get a DM along the lines of "you're kicking a founder from your clan, you know how bad that makes it look".

      Our opinion is necessary, we are their consumers, we pay for their product. Unless you want them to start lying about things like drop rates again. (Cough cough forma cough cough)

      You sound like a baby boomer that blames millenials for everything. I've never met a founder that is like that at all wtf.
      Congrats, you made it political when it didn't have to be. I have met founders like this, I myself am a founder. Trust me, they exist, and are very annoying.

      ive never meet any founder who acts like this xD what all the fuzz about?

      • cough cough* 

      Im a founder and dont act like that xD not in any clan so i cant be kicked xD

        Loading editor
    •  Honestly, DE made the massive mistake of making Excalibur Prime, and his weapons, exclusive to begin with. It would have been better to just make a monument to Founders in the game somewhere with their names on it to commemorate their help.

      Making game items a one time, exclusive deal is always a terrible idea. That's one of the reasons why I stopped playing WoW. You can only get certain stuff if you played during that time. It hurts a lot of people who come in after the fact. What's more, it makes the community pretty toxic, as I'm sure many people have found out. And the fact that people are desperate to try and get the goods is also a clue as to how it should never have been exclusive to begin with. And the people that report accounts being sold, are in my opinion, pretty pathetic people. Who cares if a Founder sold his account? Are you jealous? Leave them the f alone.

      I personally lost respect for DE after I found out I couldn't get Excalibur Prime because of their stupidity of promising people that, when I would have gladly helped them out back at the start if I had known they existed. Also, from what I see in this, and many other threads, and interactions with Founders, they are indeed arrogant to varying degrees. Some more than others.

      The only fix I can see to this is if DE sold the game to another company or sold their company to a larger company so they can release Excalibur Prime and his weapons to the general public, as it should be, to get around that non-binding "promise" that DE made.  

        Loading editor
    • Dragondefender1 wrote:
       Honestly, DE made the massive mistake of making Excalibur Prime, and his weapons, exclusive to begin with. It would have been better to just make a monument to Founders in the game somewhere with their names on it to commemorate their help.

      Making game items a one time, exclusive deal is always a terrible idea. That's one of the reasons why I stopped playing WoW. You can only get certain stuff if you played during that time. It hurts a lot of people who come in after the fact. What's more, it makes the community pretty toxic, as I'm sure many people have found out. And the fact that people are desperate to try and get the goods is also a clue as to how it should never have been exclusive to begin with. And the people that report accounts being sold, are in my opinion, pretty pathetic people. Who cares if a Founder sold his account? Are you jealous? Leave them the f alone.

      I personally lost respect for DE after I found out I couldn't get Excalibur Prime because of their stupidity of promising people that, when I would have gladly helped them out back at the start if I had known they existed. Also, from what I see in this, and many other threads, and interactions with Founders, they are indeed arrogant to varying degrees. Some more than others.

      The only fix I can see to this is if DE sold the game to another company or sold their company to a larger company so they can release Excalibur Prime and his weapons to the general public, as it should be, to get around that non-binding "promise" that DE made.  

      I totally agree that founders should be able to do whatever they want with their account - including selling it - but they didn't make that founder pack for no reason. The whole company was on the verge of death at the time Warframe was released and literally backstabbing the people who pumped so much money into the company and saved them from going bankrupt would be a huge dick move. They always make sure that everyone can hit the highest MR and excal prime doesn't give any advantages either, it's really just excal umbra with a different skin and worse polarities. Without the founders buying these packs Warframe literally wouldn't exist as Digital Extremes would've been bankrupt after a few months of the game being out (at best), so they had to give the people a good reason to put 200$+ into the game and of course NOT betray by breaking the promise of The Expensive Thing being exclusive to founders.

        Loading editor
    •  You're missing the point. It never should have been exclusive to begin with. People need to get that idea out of their heads. Also, you make it sound like Founders put money into the game just so they could get something no one else could, which makes a lot of sense now. And the fix I suggested, which you didn't read apparently, is if DE sold the company. It wouldn't be DE releasing him, it would be the new company.  

        Loading editor
    • Ltjuno wrote: You know the irony is, as a Founder myself, that I've received more hate from non-founders than I've heard of Founders being hateful. On multiple occasions if I dare use my Excalibur Prime in a game I get called a show off and slammed. People mock Excalibur Prime now because Umbra has the same stats and like to make fun of Founders because we "got screwed" and we get made fun of for still using it.

      I think what it really boils down to is just jealousy, and if people are that envious they need to attack people then that's on them. Generalizing all Founders as evil people is just wrong. Two nights ago someone was making fun of me because I was using a Wisp and I told them I didn't have an Augur Secrets when they provoked me for not having super high Wisp buffs, "you're a founder and don't have all the good mods? lol retard". So yeah, you think we don't deal with enough crap already?

      I'm friends we a lot of Founders and they are super nice people. If I ever run into one we like instantly add each other. On a side note I've been approached multiple times to sell my account. People offering anywhere from $140 to $2100. I tell them no. I am very prideful of my longtime with this game, but I'm by no means arrogant to people either.

      I’m sorry dude (I know this comment is a bit old) I definitely want excal prime back they don’t even have to bring his weapons and I’d pay a fortune but in no way would I ever insult somebody and ridicule may be the wrong word to use here but you get the point especially for something digital that has a counterpart that people who didn’t pay or missed it can use. I’m sorry that people are, like you said jealous I can guarantee they are and I also think they need to learn that they can want something really bad and maybe feel a little jealous but they should never lash that out on someone who does who isn’t bragging or something in the first place and what’s funny is a lot of people I hear saying Umbras a slap are the same people who would sell their organs and limbs and turn themselves into the irl version of Vay Hek to get it so I’m confused about the sudden change of heart lol. Anyways I again apologize for people insulting you because you like the game and wanted to support it.

        Loading editor
    • 173.26.48.181 wrote:
      85.139.142.231 wrote:
      You are certainly correct, some (more like many) of those who sold the accounts had the accounts banned, the suddent change in ip, machine id, email changes and flagged machines are among the most common red flags that ultimately makes the account banned, often locked due to suspicious activity.

      DE will not release founders content when founders are selling the accounts, since that's an unallowed behavior, DE is also rewarding founders, just like they reward players who did events and got emblems, there is always something to show others, you can always claim "i have been there" or "i did this specific thing", excalibur prime and prime weapons are to show other players that the user is not only a founder, but one that has purchased a certain founders pack, it's a reward for the effort.

      DE credibility is also at stake, releasing excal prime may make you happy, but it will make many players leave due to the backstab and so DE has decided in a way that is fair for everyone, if you want the excall gameplay, get the regular version, DE will not make it available anymore.

      Do not try to buy accounts, as they often end up banned shortly after, even with vpns, emails and carefull planing on who does what and where, they are often banned due to reports of other players (like myself), while you may see acounts being sold left and right, topics with the tag "sold" are often an indicator that the user can't recover the account anymore, but players keep pestering him, so he places the "sold" state and locks the topic to avoid duzzens of PMs but also to avoid players who bought the accounts from complaining afterwards in said topic (due to the ban). This is extremely common, accounts sold are banned and those that appear to be sold are simply banned to the point the seller gave up trying to argue with support.

      They may have all these tricks with bluring the name, using vpns, alternate emails, it doesn't work as well as you might think

      You want instant gratification i get it, but you are twisting things up, forget about account transfers (for your own good) and forget about them being a good reason for DE to betray the fouding community.

      Your opinion isn't necessary, DE final word will stand, like it or not.

      The reason why people look into buying founders accounts isn't because "they're lazy" or want "instant gratification" but because founders tend to act entitled beyond belief, and people are sick and tired of hearing about it.

      I don't know how many times I've had to founders from my clan for hitting the AFK limit just to get a DM along the lines of "you're kicking a founder from your clan, you know how bad that makes it look".

      Our opinion is necessary, we are their consumers, we pay for their product. Unless you want them to start lying about things like drop rates again. (Cough cough forma cough cough)

      I just want to be clear, I am a founder and I purchased Xcal prime only because I was told by DE that this is my last and only chance to get it. I regret not getting the skana or lato prime, but I can accept that I did not spend the money when DE needed it most. I would feel greatly and deeply betrayed by DE if they lied to me all those years ago.

      DE is no longer on the verge of finacial colapse. I see no reason for them to betray the kindness of their customers by backing out on there part of the agreement now, simply because a few of the founders have not been honest with their accounts.

        Loading editor
    • I agree with Dragondefender1's viewpoint on this. I'm not a founder and, yes, I may be a bit jealous of the fact that I can't get Excalibur Prime, but my reason is legitimate, and that reason is the fact that not everyone was able to be around during the time that you could get this pack and a lot of the people who were around during that time may not have been able to support DE due to their own financial situation. I understand the need of backers like the Founders in order to ensure their company's survival, but the fact of the matter stands that the people who were there at the right time and had the money to support the company were the lucky ones. There are probably thousands of us out there that would pay just as much, if not more (I, myself, would go upwards as far as double the original cost) than the original cost of the Founder's Pack for Excalibur Prime in order to get it. And it's not just because we want it. We want to show DE that we are there to support them, as well. We just couldn't be there back then because either we didn't know about DE and Warframe or we didn't have the financial stability to support them then or both.

      It's a similar situation to the Prime Noggle fiasco going on right now. They're rewarding people who bought Prime Access or Vault Prime (or whatever it's called) with Prime Noggles for each pack they bought, but the people--and they have a legitimate reason for NOT buying the whole pack--who only bought the accessories didn't get the noggles. And the reason they had for NOT buying the whole pack is because if they bought the Prime Warframes from the pack, then that removes almost 80% of their game. Warframe is, when it comes down to it at the end of the day, a grind game. There is story; there are some quests, but the majority of the game is grinding for different things, such as Warframes, Weapons, cosmetics like Ephemeras, Liches, Mods, Avionics, etc.. If they bought the whole pack and not just the accessories--which you can't farm for--then they'd have no reason to play the game. It's very similar to games with private servers like Minecraft or ARK or whatever, where you can just pay real life money to get everything you want in the game instead of playing to get it. You buy it, you play for a week to gloat to others about how you own everything, then you quit and move on to the next game. In my opinion, that actually cripples a game rather than promotes it. Maybe not from a businiess perspective, but from a community perspective, yes. I understand the completionist that wants immediate gratification, but when you do something like that, you destroy the rest of the game for yourself. What do you have to do once you have everything? This isn't the exact same situation, no, but it's very similar in the fact that they're rewarding people with exclusive items for pouring money into the game under very specific, limited-time circumstances and ignoring anyone else who supports the game in any other way.

      I guarentee that if the Founders didn't back the game as much as they did, Warframe would've still been a success. It would've been a lot slower in development in its first stages, but it isn't the Founders that made the game live--it's the game, itself. If the Founders supported the game, but the game turned out to be trash, it wouldn't have survived. I don't care how arrogant Founders might be in the stance or others that aren't Founders but share that mindset--and no, I'm not saying all Founders are arrogant; I'm quite sure the vast majority of them (the ones that are still left, anyway) are actually quite friendly--the cold fact of the matter is that Warframe succeed by being a good game, Founders or no Founders. Now, don't get me wrong; I do believe that the Founders should have some sort of entitlement to their status. The title of "Grandmaster" and their name on the scrolling plaque in the relays is certainly a start. Hell, even special cosmetics or emblems or something that shows their direct support to the game in its early stages. A founder here said that they got physical, real-life rewards for backing the game, and that's something in itself. What I don't think should've been done was a portion of the game that had actual functionality, no matter how irrelivent or obsolete it may be, being restricted to only those who were on a "first come, first serve" basis. Like I said, there are more than likely thousands of us that would've supported the game at the time if we could. But since time travel isn't a thing (yet) and buying Warframe accounts outright gets that account banned, there's not much hope for us people who came "late to the party".

      What I would suggest to DE if they want to try and make some sort of legitimate way of players being able to get Excalibur Prime is having it be under the same situation that Primed Chamber is right now. Primed Chamber, from what I've seen, is worth well over 100,000 platinum. It's a rare commeditty that people can't get a hold of on their own today by any means. The difference between Excalibur Prime and Primed Chamber is that Primed Chamber is tradable. While it might be a bit of work on the programmers' part, the best solution and compromise to this, in my opinion, is to let Founders that want to sell their Excalibur Primes (and whatever other exclusives came with the Founders' pack) without having to deal with any illegal methods or being given flak by others for them losing what they paid for or being called "betrayers" (funny name, given what Alad V calls the Tenno :P) is to let them deconstruct them back into their buildable parts and sell them to players in the same way that Primed Chamber can be sold. This won't completely circumvent the real-world currency trading problem, as I hear that people pay real life money for Primed Chamber, but at least it's a step in the right direction. I don't know; maybe someone can expand upon this and improve upon it.

      This is just all my opinion. I can almost guarentee that I'm going to get flak and be called "jealous" (even though I did already admit that) and "self-centered" or "entitled" (which I'm not, but it's hard to argue with an individual who's closed their minds on the situation about that), but the fact of the matter is that I am allowed to have my own opinion on the matter and it most certainly does not have to agree with yours, whether you like it or not. This will always be a heated debate until DE makes a move on the matter that isn't its current stance. Whether it does like Dragondefender1 suggests and sells its company in order to circumvent its oral contract's obligations, just outright re-releases the pack, or takes some other alternative to satisfy the player-base as a whole.

      On a last note, the main the main argument that the people who are for it remaining locked in the Prime Vault use is that it's for DE's "own good". To be quite Frank, DE's "own good" is whatever makes it the most money. They are, first and foremost, a company. That company needs to make money to succeed. Yes, they don't need to re-release the pack in order to make money at the moment, but if it ever comes down to it, whether they're in a financial rut, or because it would be more profitable to have, say, 60% of the players happy over 40% of the players, them re-releasing the pack would either ultimately be as a means to make the money they need at the time or as a final remark/goodbye/gift to the rest of the playerbase, should they be finished with the game or the game become too far gone and either no longer profitable or just too difficult to maintain. Honestly, if DE ever DOES re-release Excalibur Prime and its accompanying components, it'll be at the very end of Warframe's story or life (whichever comes first) and it'll be some grand event where the Tenno rediscover the lost origins of Excalibur's creation. After all, "Exaclibur was the first.".

      Anyway, that's my addition to this debate. Take from it what you will. Thanks for reading (if you didn't press your "tl;dr" button).

        Loading editor
    • 85.139.142.231 wrote:
      You are certainly correct, some (more like many) of those who sold the accounts had the accounts banned, the suddent change in ip, machine id, email changes and flagged machines are among the most common red flags that ultimately makes the account banned, often locked due to suspicious activity.

      DE will not release founders content when founders are selling the accounts, since that's an unallowed behavior, DE is also rewarding founders, just like they reward players who did events and got emblems, there is always something to show others, you can always claim "i have been there" or "i did this specific thing", excalibur prime and prime weapons are to show other players that the user is not only a founder, but one that has purchased a certain founders pack, it's a reward for the effort.

      DE credibility is also at stake, releasing excal prime may make you happy, but it will make many players leave due to the backstab and so DE has decided in a way that is fair for everyone, if you want the excall gameplay, get the regular version, DE will not make it available anymore.

      Do not try to buy accounts, as they often end up banned shortly after, even with vpns, emails and carefull planing on who does what and where, they are often banned due to reports of other players (like myself), while you may see acounts being sold left and right, topics with the tag "sold" are often an indicator that the user can't recover the account anymore, but players keep pestering him, so he places the "sold" state and locks the topic to avoid duzzens of PMs but also to avoid players who bought the accounts from complaining afterwards in said topic (due to the ban). This is extremely common, accounts sold are banned and those that appear to be sold are simply banned to the point the seller gave up trying to argue with support.

      They may have all these tricks with bluring the name, using vpns, alternate emails, it doesn't work as well as you might think

      You want instant gratification i get it, but you are twisting things up, forget about account transfers (for your own good) and forget about them being a good reason for DE to betray the fouding community.

      Your opinion isn't necessary, DE final word will stand, like it or not.

      I'm not siding one way or another on the whole Excal/Lato/Skana Prime issue, but isn't banning accounts of Founders that are no longer owned by Founders kind of unfair to everyone involved? I mean, for one, the consumer doesn't get the products they spent a relative fortune on, and the Founder not only gets an angry consumer to deal with, but also the revelation that they never really owned the gifts they were given for their support. Sure, they were given the right to use their exclusive items, but it's clear that they can't really do anything with it besides that. On top of that, imagine if every Founder sold their exclusives, and every last account was banned. Then all their exclusives would no longer be a part of Warframe and then everyone would be pissed at DE.

        Loading editor
    • 67.79.21.178 wrote:
      So, I've been doing research on the whole thing surrounding founders accounts and Excalibur Prime. Apparently, quite a few founders have sold their accounts for a very large amount of cash. I know it's banned by DE and some of those sold may have been banned, but since this is happening, does anyone else think this might make a pretty good case to release Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime to the general public? Yes, I know DE said they wouldn't do that, but 1. they aren't contractually obligated to follow it and 2. Since many founders have sold their accounts for top dollar, they litterally betrayed DE. Thoughts?

      Briliant idea! some founders sold their accounts so lets punish those which did not by destroying any value they unique Warframe (otherwise obsolete due to Umbra) still posses :)

      You have to be a "special kind of person" to come up with such idea, why even continue such discussion beyond laughing it out...

        Loading editor
    • 35.133.233.158 wrote:
      I agree with Dragondefender1's viewpoint on this. I'm not a founder and, yes, I may be a bit jealous of the fact that I can't get Excalibur Prime, but my reason is legitimate, and that reason is the fact that not everyone was able to be around during the time that you could get this pack and a lot of the people who were around during that time may not have been able to support DE due to their own financial situation. I understand the need of backers like the Founders in order to ensure their company's survival, but the fact of the matter stands that the people who were there at the right time and had the money to support the company were the lucky ones. There are probably thousands of us out there that would pay just as much, if not more (I, myself, would go upwards as far as double the original cost) than the original cost of the Founder's Pack for Excalibur Prime in order to get it. And it's not just because we want it. We want to show DE that we are there to support them, as well. We just couldn't be there back then because either we didn't know about DE and Warframe or we didn't have the financial stability to support them then or both.

      It's a similar situation to the Prime Noggle fiasco going on right now. They're rewarding people who bought Prime Access or Vault Prime (or whatever it's called) with Prime Noggles for each pack they bought, but the people--and they have a legitimate reason for NOT buying the whole pack--who only bought the accessories didn't get the noggles. And the reason they had for NOT buying the whole pack is because if they bought the Prime Warframes from the pack, then that removes almost 80% of their game. Warframe is, when it comes down to it at the end of the day, a grind game. There is story; there are some quests, but the majority of the game is grinding for different things, such as Warframes, Weapons, cosmetics like Ephemeras, Liches, Mods, Avionics, etc.. If they bought the whole pack and not just the accessories--which you can't farm for--then they'd have no reason to play the game. It's very similar to games with private servers like Minecraft or ARK or whatever, where you can just pay real life money to get everything you want in the game instead of playing to get it. You buy it, you play for a week to gloat to others about how you own everything, then you quit and move on to the next game. In my opinion, that actually cripples a game rather than promotes it. Maybe not from a businiess perspective, but from a community perspective, yes. I understand the completionist that wants immediate gratification, but when you do something like that, you destroy the rest of the game for yourself. What do you have to do once you have everything? This isn't the exact same situation, no, but it's very similar in the fact that they're rewarding people with exclusive items for pouring money into the game under very specific, limited-time circumstances and ignoring anyone else who supports the game in any other way.

      I guarentee that if the Founders didn't back the game as much as they did, Warframe would've still been a success. It would've been a lot slower in development in its first stages, but it isn't the Founders that made the game live--it's the game, itself. If the Founders supported the game, but the game turned out to be trash, it wouldn't have survived. I don't care how arrogant Founders might be in the stance or others that aren't Founders but share that mindset--and no, I'm not saying all Founders are arrogant; I'm quite sure the vast majority of them (the ones that are still left, anyway) are actually quite friendly--the cold fact of the matter is that Warframe succeed by being a good game, Founders or no Founders. Now, don't get me wrong; I do believe that the Founders should have some sort of entitlement to their status. The title of "Grandmaster" and their name on the scrolling plaque in the relays is certainly a start. Hell, even special cosmetics or emblems or something that shows their direct support to the game in its early stages. A founder here said that they got physical, real-life rewards for backing the game, and that's something in itself. What I don't think should've been done was a portion of the game that had actual functionality, no matter how irrelivent or obsolete it may be, being restricted to only those who were on a "first come, first serve" basis. Like I said, there are more than likely thousands of us that would've supported the game at the time if we could. But since time travel isn't a thing (yet) and buying Warframe accounts outright gets that account banned, there's not much hope for us people who came "late to the party".

      What I would suggest to DE if they want to try and make some sort of legitimate way of players being able to get Excalibur Prime is having it be under the same situation that Primed Chamber is right now. Primed Chamber, from what I've seen, is worth well over 100,000 platinum. It's a rare commeditty that people can't get a hold of on their own today by any means. The difference between Excalibur Prime and Primed Chamber is that Primed Chamber is tradable. While it might be a bit of work on the programmers' part, the best solution and compromise to this, in my opinion, is to let Founders that want to sell their Excalibur Primes (and whatever other exclusives came with the Founders' pack) without having to deal with any illegal methods or being given flak by others for them losing what they paid for or being called "betrayers" (funny name, given what Alad V calls the Tenno :P) is to let them deconstruct them back into their buildable parts and sell them to players in the same way that Primed Chamber can be sold. This won't completely circumvent the real-world currency trading problem, as I hear that people pay real life money for Primed Chamber, but at least it's a step in the right direction. I don't know; maybe someone can expand upon this and improve upon it.

      This is just all my opinion. I can almost guarentee that I'm going to get flak and be called "jealous" (even though I did already admit that) and "self-centered" or "entitled" (which I'm not, but it's hard to argue with an individual who's closed their minds on the situation about that), but the fact of the matter is that I am allowed to have my own opinion on the matter and it most certainly does not have to agree with yours, whether you like it or not. This will always be a heated debate until DE makes a move on the matter that isn't its current stance. Whether it does like Dragondefender1 suggests and sells its company in order to circumvent its oral contract's obligations, just outright re-releases the pack, or takes some other alternative to satisfy the player-base as a whole.

      On a last note, the main the main argument that the people who are for it remaining locked in the Prime Vault use is that it's for DE's "own good". To be quite Frank, DE's "own good" is whatever makes it the most money. They are, first and foremost, a company. That company needs to make money to succeed. Yes, they don't need to re-release the pack in order to make money at the moment, but if it ever comes down to it, whether they're in a financial rut, or because it would be more profitable to have, say, 60% of the players happy over 40% of the players, them re-releasing the pack would either ultimately be as a means to make the money they need at the time or as a final remark/goodbye/gift to the rest of the playerbase, should they be finished with the game or the game become too far gone and either no longer profitable or just too difficult to maintain. Honestly, if DE ever DOES re-release Excalibur Prime and its accompanying components, it'll be at the very end of Warframe's story or life (whichever comes first) and it'll be some grand event where the Tenno rediscover the lost origins of Excalibur's creation. After all, "Exaclibur was the first.".

      Anyway, that's my addition to this debate. Take from it what you will. Thanks for reading (if you didn't press your "tl;dr" button).

      You have the best reasoning I have seen for a long time in not just this wiki, but most places in general. Kudos to you good sir.

        Loading editor
    • As far as I am aware, DE is contractually obligated to NOT release Excal Prime and the associated Founder's weapons.  Not verbally, but as part of the WRITTEN contractual agreement with Founders when their packs were purchased.  If DE decided to release them, they would be breaking an actual written, electronic contract with the Founders and would likely owe all that money back.  

        Loading editor
    • Vylnce NA wrote:
      As far as I am aware, DE is contractually obligated to NOT release Excal Prime and the associated Founder's weapons.  Not verbally, but as part of the WRITTEN contractual agreement with Founders when their packs were purchased.  If DE decided to release them, they would be breaking an actual written, electronic contract with the Founders and would likely owe all that money back.  

      That is false, and it has been repeatedly said elsewhere. 

        Loading editor
    • Dragondefender1 wrote:
      Vylnce NA wrote:
      As far as I am aware, DE is contractually obligated to NOT release Excal Prime and the associated Founder's weapons.  Not verbally, but as part of the WRITTEN contractual agreement with Founders when their packs were purchased.  If DE decided to release them, they would be breaking an actual written, electronic contract with the Founders and would likely owe all that money back.  
      That is false, and it has been repeatedly said elsewhere. 

      Actually it's not false.

      The wording in the original Founders Program states the items explicitly as exclusive to said program.  When you sell a product in a country you are automatically and legally held to that country's consumer law.  In New Zealand we have the Consumer Guarantees Act where it states all products much be as advertised (as well as stating rights given to us can't be agreed or signed away, so nothing in Terms of Services or End-User License Agreement invalidates that right) otherwise a consumer can take a seller (whether an individual or a company) to court over it.  AUS and a few other countries also have such consumer law, and the Founders Program was officially and freely available to purchase in said countries therefor it must be held to those consumer laws.  I know of quite a few people (mainly in AUS though one is in NZ as well) who could demand their money back if the items were ever again made available.

      Our consumer law is taken very seriously (look at the stuff happening to Valve in AUS concerning digital re-sale of games) and in NZ one of our longest running (first aired in 1977) and highest rating shows Fair Go is solely based on upholding consumer rights and taking sellers to town when they try to break those rights.  We literally watch for entertainment purposes consumer rights being enforced.

        Loading editor
    • Starfreak911 wrote:
      Dragondefender1 wrote:
      Vylnce NA wrote:
      As far as I am aware, DE is contractually obligated to NOT release Excal Prime and the associated Founder's weapons.  Not verbally, but as part of the WRITTEN contractual agreement with Founders when their packs were purchased.  If DE decided to release them, they would be breaking an actual written, electronic contract with the Founders and would likely owe all that money back.  
      That is false, and it has been repeatedly said elsewhere. 
      Actually it's not false.

      The wording in the original Founders Program states the items explicitly as exclusive to said program.  When you sell a product in a country you are automatically and legally held to that country's consumer law.  In New Zealand we have the Consumer Guarantees Act where it states all products much be as advertised (as well as stating rights given to us can't be agreed or signed away, so nothing in Terms of Services or End-User License Agreement invalidates that right) otherwise a consumer can take a seller (whether an individual or a company) to court over it.  AUS and a few other countries also have such consumer law, and the Founders Program was officially and freely available to purchase in said countries therefor it must be held to those consumer laws.  I know of quite a few people (mainly in AUS though one is in NZ as well) who could demand their money back if the items were ever again made available.

      Our consumer law is taken very seriously (look at the stuff happening to Valve in AUS concerning digital re-sale of games) and in NZ one of our longest running (first aired in 1977) and highest rating shows Fair Go is solely based on upholding consumer rights and taking sellers to town when they try to break those rights.  We literally watch for entertainment purposes consumer rights being enforced.

      Actually, you're wrong. Go read this https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:1213779

        Loading editor
    • They should've made Excal Umbra available only to players that don't already have his prime version, that way non-founders have their own exclusive thing and founders finally get a taste of their own medecine 

        Loading editor
    • ^^that is a horrible idea and a very small minded thing to boot,  umbra is what non-founders have to use since the Prime is unavilable to us, to block founders from a frame, and a Quest based one at that, is quite the silly route to take.  for example, would it make sense  to prevent folks with cernos prime from having rakta cernos because they have the prime verison? dumb thought ain't it?

        Loading editor
    • Dragondefender1 wrote:
      Starfreak911 wrote:
      Dragondefender1 wrote:
      Vylnce NA wrote:
      As far as I am aware, DE is contractually obligated to NOT release Excal Prime and the associated Founder's weapons.  Not verbally, but as part of the WRITTEN contractual agreement with Founders when their packs were purchased.  If DE decided to release them, they would be breaking an actual written, electronic contract with the Founders and would likely owe all that money back.  
      That is false, and it has been repeatedly said elsewhere. 
      Actually it's not false.

      The wording in the original Founders Program states the items explicitly as exclusive to said program.  When you sell a product in a country you are automatically and legally held to that country's consumer law.  In New Zealand we have the Consumer Guarantees Act where it states all products much be as advertised (as well as stating rights given to us can't be agreed or signed away, so nothing in Terms of Services or End-User License Agreement invalidates that right) otherwise a consumer can take a seller (whether an individual or a company) to court over it.  AUS and a few other countries also have such consumer law, and the Founders Program was officially and freely available to purchase in said countries therefor it must be held to those consumer laws.  I know of quite a few people (mainly in AUS though one is in NZ as well) who could demand their money back if the items were ever again made available.

      Our consumer law is taken very seriously (look at the stuff happening to Valve in AUS concerning digital re-sale of games) and in NZ one of our longest running (first aired in 1977) and highest rating shows Fair Go is solely based on upholding consumer rights and taking sellers to town when they try to break those rights.  We literally watch for entertainment purposes consumer rights being enforced.

      Actually, you're wrong. Go read this https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:1213779

      I'm not seeing anything in that which would prove I am wrong.  It's as simple as "The item was advertised as exclusive.  It isn't exclusive (if DE re-release it).  People want their money back.  If DE doesn't give it then they go to court for said money."  Anyone who uses the 'no-one will go to court over this due to fees' really doesn't understand just how much consumer law means in some countries.  That Fair Go show I mentioned, they'll often bring their own laywers into it and assist/pay for the case to be pushed through if they see a legal infraction... which under NZ law would be the case.  These have been instances for as little as a few hundred dollars.  Again it doesn't matter what is in the ToS or EULA, our base consumer law (such as the CGA) can't be negated by any agreement.

        Loading editor
    • Christ, this again. Glad to see it's remotely civil this time. Check on some of the other games to "advertise" their founder items as "exclusive" that have re-released and see how that's gone over when they've been "taken to court". There are a few operative questions here, from my understanding as a layman, and that is:

      A. Is warframe a good or a service. (I'm guessing a service)

      B. Who owns the assets? (Very likely DE)

      C. Who reserves the rights to the founders content. (Spoiler, it's DE)

      D. What's the legal working definition of "Exclusive" concerning merchandise/software features?

      In the interest of quashing this before it goes on for another 2 years. It's just not going to happen. DE could, and while I think it would be great if they did and still hope they will reconsider, they have indicated less than zero interest in re-releasing the pack.

      In the interest of the main topic at hand. Just don't. Excal Prime aint worth it. The only thing you get out of it is a drop in the bucket towards MR and reactive death orbs. The base stats are identical to dad-frame, which comes with umbra polarity slots by default. If you do pull it off, don't tell anyone online, especially ingame, but you'd seriously get more out of the game by paying DE directly for plat.

        Loading editor
    • A Lone Tenno
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.