Siphon Kinetic energy from the area, charging the battery and inflicting Cold Status on nearby enemies. Hold reverses the process, draining the battery and inflicting Heat Status on nearby enemies.
|Strength:75 - 375 / 100 - 500 / 125 - 625 / 150 - 750 ( Cold damage)|
150 - 750 / 200 - 1000 / 250 - 1250 / 300 - 1500 Heat damage)
|Duration:6 / 9 / 12 / 15 s (area duration)|
2.5 - 5 / 3 - 6 / 3.5 - 7 / 4 - 8 s (status duration)
|Range:6 / 8 / 10 / 12 m (initial radius)|
3 / 4 / 5 / 6 m (final radius)
|Misc:10% (battery charge on tap)|
10% (battery drain on hold)
100% ( Heat ignite damage bonus)
100% ( Cold freeze chance and Heat ignite chance from Redline)
≤100% ( Blast enemy armor reduction from Redline)
- Gauss manipulates the kinetic energy around him to create an area of extreme temperatures with an initial radius of 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 meters, which quickly shrinks to a final radius of 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 meters and lasts for 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 seconds.
- Tap the ability key (default Cold proc on all enemies within range, lasting for a minimum duration of 2.5 / 3 / 3.5 / 4 seconds on empty battery, up to a maximum duration of 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 seconds on full battery. Enemies caught in the area creation receive a minimum of 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 Cold damage on empty battery, up to a maximum of 375 / 500 / 625 / 750 Cold damage on full battery; enemies lingering inside the area also receive damage per second, which diminishes in amount with the size of the area. When cast on enemies already affected by Cold proc, they are instantly frozen solid for the full status duration. ) to absorb kinetic energy, charging battery power by 10% to inflict a
- Hold down the ability key to expend kinetic energy, draining battery power by 10% to inflict a Heat and proc on all enemies in range, lasting for a minimum duration of 2.5 / 3 / 3.5 / 4 seconds on empty battery, up to a maximum duration of 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 seconds on full battery. Enemies caught in the area creation receive a minimum of 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 Heat damage on empty battery, up to a maximum of 750 / 1000 / 1250 / 1500 Heat damage on full battery; enemies lingering inside the area also receive damage per second, which diminishes in amount with the size of the area. When cast on enemies already affected by Heat proc, they are set ablaze by scorching flames, taking 100% extra damage over time, which can be stacked multiplicatively by recasting.
- Initial and final radii are affected by Ability Range.
- Area duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Initial damage and damage per second are affected by both Ability Strength and battery power level.
- Damage per second has a moderate chance to stagger light enemy units within the area.
- Status duration is affected by both Ability Duration and battery power level.
- Battery charge on cast, battery drain on cast, and ignite damage bonus are not affected by Mods.
- Enemies already afflicted with a status effect of the same type will have it reapplied; its status duration uses the battery power level at the time of the new Thermal Sunder cast.
- Casting Thermal Sunder of the opposite damage type on enemies already afflicted with Cold or Heat procs, combines the damage type into Blast. Affected enemies first have the initial status effect removed, receive the new status effect, then also receive a Blast proc and deals damage based on the mode being used plus the damage of the cancelled status.
- Blast damage is affected by both Ability Strength and battery power level.
- The order in which the elemental procs are combined changes the direction in which enemies within the ability area are knocked back by the Blast proc. Casting Cold first then Heat will knock enemies outwards, while casting Heat first then Cold will pull enemies in towards the player.
- When casting both elements, the elemental proc cast second will override and replace the first element already present, e.g. if enemies were affected by the Cold area first, casting Heat proc on them will remove the Cold proc and replace it with Heat.
- Ability Synergy:
- Mach Rush through a Thermal Sunder area to add its Cold or Heat damage to Mach Rush's knockdown and shockwave explosion.
- Thermal Sunder gains bonuses to its status effects when Redline is active and above the redline battery charge (>80%):
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.