The Grustrag Three (commonly abbreviated as the G3) are a group of Assassins, founded by Councilor Vay Hek, who come after Tenno that have completed five consecutive Invasion missions against the Grineer.
The Grustrag Three were formerly regular Grineer marines who (while aboard a troop transport) suddenly slaughtered their comrades, claiming that they were growing "impatient for the killing". After being committed to the Grustrag Reconditioning Facility, Facility Director Dr. Tengus discovered that the marines suffer from a rare mutation brought about by cloning, vastly increasing their combat potential at the cost of deteriorating mental faculties.
Under Councilor Vay Hek's order, Tengus reconditioned them, with the intent of focusing their aggression towards the Tenno instead. Although mostly successful, the Three still had lingering violent behavior towards fellow Grineer. To counteract this, Tengus developed the Grustrag Bolt, a device that limited their effectiveness against other Grineer personnel. Tengus had additional Bolts created, to be used against the Tenno during the Three's operations.
With The Grustrag Three now prepared for combat, Vay Hek deployed them with the sole purpose of attacking those who supported enemies of the Grineer. However, General Sargas Ruk criticized Hek's actions, reminding Hek of the soldiers The Three have killed and warning him that they would eventually grow out of his control.
Leekter is a member of The Grustrag Three. He wields a Manticore axe and throws flashbangs to blind players in battle.
- "I want to play with these ones."
- Tenno, your Warframe looks so... slippery."
- "You are going to suffer for that, Tenno!" - Ally is Killed.
- "Wait 'til you see what comes next!" - Capturing Target.
- "Did you know this is my favourite part?" - Capturing Target.
Shik Tal is a member of The Grustrag Three. He wields a modified that fires small dumb-fire rockets (akin to those fired by Hellions) and a giant shield similar to Shield Lancers. Similar to the Shield Lancers themselves, he can use his shield to charge forward to knockdown and knockback players.
- "Are we sure these are the targets? They seem so inconsequential."
- "Do not waste my time, Tenno!"
- "You are beneath us!"
- "One of them is wearing a scarf!"
- "That one will be difficult to replace." - Ally is Killed.
- "Too easy." - Capturing Target.
- "Pathetic." - Capturing Target.
Vem Tabook is the leader of The Grustrag Three. He uses a modified that fires electro-shells in bursts of around 10 at its target, each shell dealing electricity damage in a small radius, making them deadly should all of them connect with their target or the surrounding terrain.
- "YYYou are the sc-crawniest of them all!"
- "Are you the bbbest they have!?"
- "SSShiny little pppretty things, you Tenno are!"
- "U-U-Unacceptable!" - Ally is Killed.
- "Starting capture." - Capturing Target.
- "This one is mine." - Capturing Target.
When a player is defeated by the Grustrag Three, one of the three sentinels will detach from its host, then hover and deploy a shield over the downed player. It prevents other teammates from reviving the player while the sentinel attaches the Grustrag Bolt.
Triggering an attack from the Grustrag Three requires the player to have a death mark. This is acquired by fighting against the Grineer in at least five instances of Invasion missions. Once the death mark is acquired, the player will receive an inbox message from Vay Hek, stating:
- "Interfering with our operations is unacceptable. You will be shown your place. Your punishment has been ordered."
Acquiring another death mark will trigger this message:
- "You continue to assist our enemies. Your meddling will NOT be tolerated."
The chance The Three will appear on any given Grineer mission is additively increased with each player in the party with a death mark. They have a chance of spawning once every 10 seconds for the first 5 minutes.
A single member of the Grustrag Three will also appear in Clem's weekly mission on Grineer tilesets. However this member will not drop anything upon defeat.
On arrival, the Lotus, with her transmissions distorted, will immediately order the Tenno to abort the mission, prompting extraction regardless of any uncompleted objectives (except for Defense and Interception due to their lack of extraction zones). Nonetheless, the Tenno can still try to fend off the Grustrag Three themselves.
Despite their bulky appearance, each member of the Grustrag Three is capable of a quick dash in any direction, which they use to avoid fire and close in on their targets. The Grustrag Three usually attack in turns, making it difficult to focus on a specific marine to take down. Not only that, but they are capable of strategic positioning, movement, and timing of attacks in a more advanced manner than normal Grineer. This includes crouching and hiding behind Shik Tal's shield as he's laying down suppressive fire, launching a sudden aggressive attack as a group after Leekter uses his flashbang, or changing position while Vem Tabook lays down suppressive fire. Their behavior changes vastly, sharing behavioral traits with heavy Grineer units such as Bombards, Napalms and Heavy Gunners, but at the same time taking cover behind objects when necessary.
The Grustrag Three are fully vulnerable to Status Effects and most Warframe abilities. As such, they can be easily incapacitated with weapons such as the slam attacks of or the . and damage and proc work particularly well on them, reducing their overall durability by a significant amount. damage can also be used, as it deals extra damage to their Alloy Armor and if procs, confusing them, causing them to attack each other or fellow Grineer. However, their Carabus Sentinels cannot be damaged by any means, they are only destroyed if its respective marine is killed.
If the Grustrag Three put a Tenno into bleedout, their Carabus Sentinel will capture them, preventing them from being revived but also pauses their bleedout timer until the Three are defeated. If the entire squad is defeated and captured, the mission will fail.
Upon returning to the Orbiter, the player will receive an inbox message from the Lotus stating the Grustrag Three have attached a Grustrag Bolt to their Warframe, reducing that Warframe's damage against all Grineer by 50%. Attached is a bolt release blueprint, which will automatically apply upon claiming from the Foundry.
Players who do not have a death mark against the Grustrag Three will not prompt them to capture. A member that spawns in Clem's weekly mission will also not capture, regardless of death marks.
|Time: 1 min|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: N/A|
- Shik Tal is voiced by [DE]Skree, who also voices Captain Vor, General Sargas Ruk, and Alad V. It is currently unknown who voices Leekter and Vem Tabook.
- They are the first death mark enemy that consist of multiple entities. The Stalker and The Zanuka Hunter only consist of a single entity.
- Upon spawning all players are contacted by the Lotus. However, only one player will have their mark consumed.
- When spawning, all the players will be taunted, but then one player will be taunted mentioning their name and Warframe. This player will have their mark consumed and must do five invasion missions for the Corpus to regain it.
- At the time of their introduction, The Three were guaranteed to drop a mod, a Brakk component, and Neurodes all at once upon defeat, potentially giving players all the Brakk components in a single encounter. This has since been patched.
- The Grustrag Three appear to have some heavy duty jamming technology somewhere on their persons, preventing the Lotus from properly warning any targeted Tenno, keeping her in the dark as much as possible from what is happening.
- The Grustrag Three currently have the same drop table, differing only in Brakk components.
- The Grustrag Three seem to have similar armor components to those of Lieutenant Lech Kril. This armor similarity could possibly imply a category of those for Grineer Commandos, an even higher tier of Grineer troops than those of the Elite Lancers or the Napalms.
- Their body meshes share arm and leg geometry with Lieutenant Lech Kril. The jarring quality difference is a giveaway.
- Although Leekter wields a Manticore in battle, his codex entry used to depict him using a Brokk instead. This has been fixed for Update 13.2 (2014-05-01).
- According to Shik Tal's Codex entry, the Grustrag Three have apparently cost Ruk an entire battalion of Grineer troops, which Ruk views as incredibly valuable to him, and has stated he'd kill the Three on the spot for their treason, if given the chance.
- Like the Stalker and the Zanuka Hunter, they used to have their own soundtrack.
- It is also used by Syndicate Death Squads.
- Doing the same invasions after playing it three times can increase the spawn chance of the G3. Although it is not the most well-rounded way to spend time, it can help to grind Brakk parts.
- If G3's intended target is captured, the mission will fail even if there are squad members alive and uncaptured remaining. There are cases in which this will not work properly.
- The text on the Grustrag bolt, when translated, reads "PROPERTY OF GRINEER".
- If the Grustrag Three attacks during an alert, and the option to escape is taken, the mission will succeed, giving the item reward from the alert. It is unknown if this feature is intended or a bug.
- Leekter might be a nod to the fictional serial killer/cannibal Dr. Hannibal Lecter. This could be supported by the Three's violent actions against fellow Grineer, similar to how cannibals attack and eat members of their own species.
- The Grustrag Three appearing in a Survival mission can prevent the five minute interval rewards from being given for the rest of the mission.
- A similar bug can occur during interception missions if the broadcast reaches 100% while you are fighting them. The screen that allows you to continue the fight or end the mission no longer appears and Lotus assumes that you wish to continue to fight, making the mission impossible to complete.
- Being healed by a health restore or an ally's ability whilst simultaneously being downed may leave players in a constant loop of being downed, and also unable to be revived.
- It's possible for The Grustrag Three to spawn in areas that are no longer reachable, such as taking an elevator before starting defense or interception which becomes inoperable. This will cause them to die instantly and their drops unobtainable.
- , the weapon (in form of its components) dropped by The Grustrag Three.
- Councilor Vay Hek, the Grineer responsible for The Three's recruitment.
- General Sargas Ruk, the former commander of the squad.
|Grineer||Planet||Captain Vor (Mercury/Ceres) • Councilor Vay Hek (Earth) • General Sargas Ruk (Saturn) • Kela De Thaym (Sedna) • Lieutenant Lech Kril (Mars/Ceres) • Tyl Regor (Uranus)|
|Mission||Kuva Liches • The Grustrag Three (Assassin) • Ven'kra Tel and Sprag (Orokin Sabotage)|
|Quest||Elder Queen (The War Within)|
|Event||Balor Fomorian (Fomorian Fleet)|
|Corpus||Planet||Alad V and Zanuka (Jupiter) • Ambulas (Pluto) • Jackal (Venus) • Hyena Pack (Neptune) • Raptors (Europa) • The Sergeant (Phobos)|
|Mission||Exploiter Orb (Orb Vallis) • Lynx (Orokin Sabotage) • Profit-Taker Orb (Orb Vallis) • Zanuka Hunter (Assassin)|
|Quest||Protea Specter (The Deadlock Protocol)|
|Event||Razorback (Razorback Armada)|
|Infested||Planet||Jordas Golem (Eris) • Juggernaut Behemoth (Eris) • Mutalist Alad V (Eris) • Lephantis (Deimos) • Zealoid Prelate (Deimos)|
|Mission||Juggernaut (Infested Ship)|
|Quest||Infested Mesa (Patient Zero)|
|Event||Phorid (Phorid Manifestation) • Hemocyte (Plains of Eidolon - Operation: Plague Star)|
|Orokin||Mission||Corrupted Vor (Tier 4 Void) • Nihil (Nightwave/Series 3)|
|Quest||Necramech (Heart of Deimos)|
|Mission||Eidolon Teralyst • Gantulyst • Hydrolyst (Plains of Eidolon)|
|Quest||Suda-Hunhow (Octavia's Anthem)|
|Event||Condrix (Earth - Operation: Scarlet Spear)|
|Stalker||Mission||Acolytes (The Steel Path) • Stalker or Shadow Stalker (Assassin)|
|Unaffiliated||Mission||Wolf of Saturn Six (Assassin)|